Character Creater Hair

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic347435.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By karinaura - 7 Years Ago
Good day. How are you? Do anyone know how to modify or make hairstyles? I bought the Hottest Hairstyles Pack . But I can't seem to get the effect I wanted. I hope I can modify it or make a hair style. I have Iclone 7, 3D exchange, substance painter Photoshop and blender. I can also download scuptris or zbrush core or any other software if necessary. But I hope I don't have to spend too much. I am already quite over budget getting the software and contents. Really new to this. Any information is appreciated. Thank you very much.
By Kelleytoons - 7 Years Ago
I can't recommend enough the Blender addon that allows you to make your own hairstyles (I've already made a few that I couldn't get anywhere else).

https://gumroad.com/l/hairtool

I think it was $30 but it's cheap at around 10x the price.
Thank you.
I don't know what I did to my last forum post turning part of the background white.
Maybe it's because I copied and pasted the hair style name. lol. 
Can you please tell me what is the work flow software?
Is it character creater > 3d exchange> blender> 3dexchange>character creator?
Or the hair just go in iclone instead of character creator.
I tried to export the charactor creator hairstyles with 3dexchange. But the format doesn't seem right.
Which document type should I export to?
Best Regards, Karin

If you are trying to create your own hair to use in CC, here is a good tutorial (it uses a certain kind of software, but you can use Blender, which I do).

By BOLPHUNGA - 7 Years Ago
@kelleytoons
how about some PBR examples of your work in this plugin?

Well, I'm *trying* to be a little sly about this -- I have something in mind and hopefully it will help a lot of folks.

But, since you asked, here's a sneak preview (I'm almost exclusively interested in short hair -- we have plenty of hair for young folks who grow their hair thick and, at times, unruly, but almost none for those who need to or just want to hear their hair short -- business executives, military types, or just us old fogies):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/69c05052-430b-44e1-b536-ba94.bmp

By BOLPHUNGA - 7 Years Ago
nice mesh,
hard to see the details with that lighting though...
shadow facing cam?
the ao/roughness/metallic maps need some tweaks
maybe pop this into 3dcoat-zbrush
Hi.

Thank you. The post showed up again. It turned out that my edited post needs administrative approval because I am a new member. This is exactly what I need but it’s too complicated for me. Maybe I should just try to do some simple editing on the pre-existing hair. Maybe just shortening it a bit.
By CtrlZ - 7 Years Ago
For a sneak preview on the fly I thought it looked pretty Damn good! 
This hair style is definitely needed and I'm looking forward to what comes next!

Gary
Thanks -- I'll have more to show soon.
By richard666 - 7 Years Ago
I will check out the member bellows ideas sounds good ,,, yeh ive had so many probs with hair styles that are no where near what I want.  at the moment I'm mixing the Hair Hair with Hair  AND hair I have made as a prop.......take a DAZ style or any that is able to save as a prop then mix with final tuning in the edit mesh mode.  really though I have to find a better way but its a good start for you.  don't forget to attach the prop hair to the character skull
By iglov4 - 7 Years Ago
Do you attach the hair in Daz or CC?

It's just I brought a character in from Daz recently and the hair went all over the place when I applied motions. How do you attach hair to head in Daz?
Cheers