Faceware Realtime for iClone v1.01 Now Available

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic346825.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 7 Years Ago
UPDATE

Faceware Realtime for iClone Version: v1.01.0920.1

Release notes:

v1.01 released on 2017-10-12
Fixed: Expression Mapping > Reset now properly re-initialize the slider values to the default that was set when the profile was loaded.

v1.0 released on 2017-09-18
Grand launch

Faceware Realtime for iClone
Version: v1.1.0.360
Release Date: 2017-11-01
File Size: 108 MB
http://file.reallusion.com/Faceware_Realtime_For_iClone.exe

How to Update:
Please uninstall your current version before installing this new updated version. Download from the link above.
By Kelleytoons - 7 Years Ago
So that's the only change?

I guess I'm not too worried about updating.
By Jfrog - 7 Years Ago
I updated to the new version without any problem.  
Thank you.
By SeanMac - 7 Years Ago
There seems to be a clash between the old Faceware Plugin and the new Curve Editor Plugin which requires an update to the Faceware Plugin.

Now I have downloaded the new updated Faceware Plugin but it won't install until I have uninstalled the old Faceware Plugin.

So where the hell is that? I was under the impression that there were two, repeat two pieces of software -  one being the Faceware Plugin for iClone and the second being the Faceware for Realtime package. Are these the same package? Because the Realtime is the only Faceware reference i can find.

Since RL makes difficulties with uninstalling and reinstalling I am reluctant to take a chance on uninstalling the Faceware Realtime for iClone package in the hope that it contains the plugin.

Can I get some information on this from RL?

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, 32GbDDR4 RAM, a 4K & an HD monitor, Huion H610 Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Logitech920 Webcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

Did you try installing with RL Live?  I did, and it updated the FW plugin (and all the rest) without me uninstalling anything.

I *assume* I now have the latest of everything (it says I do).
By SeanMac - 7 Years Ago
Thanks Kelley I'll try that.
By SeanMac - 7 Years Ago
OK Faceware updated by the Live tag emerging from the side of the frame like the mad hippy scientist in Independence Day.

Now why it did not do that before I do not know. But after a few minutes the Reallusion Live alert  came forth and allowed the upgrade of the Plugin with no fuss.

I am still puzzled over the location of the plugins, do you think they are integrated with the program code?

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, 32GbDDR4 RAM, a 4K & an HD monitor, Huion H610 Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Logitech920 Webcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

Yeah, I mentioned this in a separate thread I started, but it's weird that the first update they wanted us to uninstall FW, and this one they didn't care (and I didn't do the first update, so I never uninstalled but this apparently didn't matter this time).

Having to reinstall ALL the programs every time one changes is a bit of a PITA (and not necessary, programming wise -- Adobe updates one of their programs all the time and still handles exchanges back and forth just fine -- but RL always marches to the tune of a far different drummer).
By SeanMac - 7 Years Ago
Ah well, software companies come and go, and software people are always thinking of the next job, they have to do this.

Perspective is notoriously lacking in terms of the architecture of a set of versions growing and changing over time.

And I had a less happy experience with Adobe than you, Kelley. I bought CS 5.5 years ago on disc.

I thought I would be able to download a copy of this old version. No joy.
I'm not at all crazy about the subscription model Adobe has gone to, but I also recognize there are some things I can't do anything about (and it's one I have given in to).  If I wasn't such an old fart I'd go with Blackmagic or something else (I really don't need much else of anything in the CC, particularly once we get PopcornFX).  But I've used Premiere now for going on two decades, so I'm not able to change.
By SeanMac - 7 Years Ago
I would go along with some of that. I do like premiere Pro and After Effects.

The subscription model has the same kind of good going for it as the mobile phones (cell phones ?). The corporations can take a greater share of users' total income if it is a monthly minor cost rather than a big hit every few years. However, ownership is not worth a lot if you cannot resell old secondhand software. Theoretically we can do that in Europe but there iis not much of a market.

As for the upcoming PopcornFX I am coming around to the middleware idea which seems much more open to keeping up with changes than a dedicated package would be.

I wanted fluid effects - water, pouring wine etc rain splashes in puddles and some really good hair (I am interested in 17th and 18th century subjects- wigs, face hair, etc). The idea of importing all these from Houdini (SideFX.com) is attractive. Though I must say as a fellow old fart my heart skips a beat when I have to navigate through procedural diagrams to get something done somehow. It makes Object-Oriented Programming look like a walk in the park
By davood.kharmanzar - 6 Years Ago
hello,
is it possible to download the initial version of Faceware Realtime for iClone setup? does exists an link?
we have just access to download version 1.1 only.
By R Ham - 6 Years Ago
An old song comes to mind, about a 10 dollar horse and a 40 dollar saddle...
By davood.kharmanzar - 6 Years Ago
you wrong!

what about this:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/82923029-cb00-4e09-8537-753f.jpg

why on this faceware the tracking lines (tracking model) are yellow?? i think this version is really used different algorithms ??
i tried different lighting conditions, different frame rates, change cameras, tried different camera positions, custom expressions but can't gave good results like this tutorial :/
and my tracking model is green all of time. for what?

P.S: i'm using trial faceware + plugin for testing.