Petal skirts (and perhaps others) from Street Clothes pack don't have weight maps.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic345644.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By animagic - 7 Years Ago
I'm just now starting to play with the Street Clothes Pack and found the Petal Skirts don't have a weight map. I'm not exactly sure when I bought the pack so maybe there is an update? The weight map is already missing in CC.
I did a new install of the Pack, but the Petal skirts still have no weight maps. Instead there is the little chain icon that indicates that the maps are by reference.

Could anyone with the Street Clothes pack check if they have those weight maps?
By Kelleytoons - 7 Years Ago
I'm seeing what you're seeing, Ani.
Thanks for confirming, Kelley. We should have a bug tracker for content perhaps. 
By Postfrosch - 7 Years Ago
I have the same problem in the package "Professional Outfit"
I use this package since its release.
The WeightMap works fine (e) with IC 6 / cc 1.xx or CC 2.xxx
Since IC 7 I get the same picture that you have in the "Street Cloth Outfit"
It seems to be a general error in in CC 2.xx and IC 7
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0e2a5ab5-65d8-4ec0-aa41-b41f.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7b02ee66-009f-452c-908d-8185.jpg
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
To further clarify, I have no weight map at all (screen capture from CC 2.12):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dc17062c-a122-4cf4-a5a2-0f9f.png

Since the skirt consist of two parts, it wouldn't be easy to create my own weight map.
I have added this in FT as issue #3619. I'm a bit in a rush to get this resolved.
Sorry, Ani, stupid here -- what happens without a weight map?  Does the skirt just fall off?  (I haven't tried and don't have time right now).
Kelleytoons (10/27/2017)
Sorry, Ani, stupid here -- what happens without a weight map?  Does the skirt just fall off?  (I haven't tried and don't have time right now).

It does indeed fall off and is left behind. If it was a simple skirt it would be relatively easy to make a weight map, but the two parts of the skirt make it difficult. I tried and it didn't work very well.
By vidi - 7 Years Ago
WM makes sence for  loose skirts but for  thight skirts  not so much. 
By vidi - 7 Years Ago
If it was a simple skirt it would be relatively easy to make a weight map, but the two parts of the skirt make it difficult.

The easy way is paint directly on the 3 d modell.
I suggested it several times , because Scultries is free and like painting   on easter egg, can everyone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost320244.aspx
Downside is you would need the export version, though -- right?  And not everyone needs to spend the extra money for that (particularly for something they've already paid for).
animagic (10/27/2017)
Kelleytoons (10/27/2017)

It does indeed fall off and is left behind. If it was a simple skirt it would be relatively easy to make a weight map, but the two parts of the skirt make it difficult. I tried and it didn't work very well.

Hmmm - that sounds like a bigger issue than just reporting it in the tracker -- I'd open a trouble ticket (RL needs to fix -- or have the developer fix -- this right away).
By vidi - 7 Years Ago
Downside is you would need the export version
from the comparison table  pro Version 
Export 3D Models
- OBJ (static object, replace mesh, paint & sculpt, create face morph data

not everyone needs to spend the extra money for that (particularly for something they've already paid for
Maybe a skintight Dress need  not a WM and therfore is not  included ? 
But if you think you need it , I gave a easy solution. 
By Galfridus - 7 Years Ago

If I dress an avatar with the petal skirt in CC2 and export to use in Iclone7 it comes in with the “soft cloth physics off” as the default setting.

Like this, imho, the skirt conforms and behaves on the avatar just as I would want and expect. Vidi too, in her earlier post, thought that adding physics was perhaps unnecessary for this particular tight body fitting style.

Because there is no soft cloth weight map, turning on physics for this garment will indeed cause the detachment problems Job has experienced.

Might I respectfully suggest that maybe we are more in the area of wishing to accommodate an alternative preference rather than a fault with the item as supplied ?Unsure

Geoff.
That's fine with me -- I don't mind if it just conforms, but I was asking what happens if you use the dress and Ani said it fell off and that would be unacceptable.

Not everything has to have soft physics on but stuff that needs it should have the weight maps -- heck, there are some jewelery options in CC that do have physics turned on and SHOULD need it, but also don't have a weight map (and thus fall off).
So perhaps a weight map is not needed. What do I know...Unsure

However, there is still the problem that the two parts of the skirt have a peek-through problem; not with the thighs but with each other.

EDIT: I added a comment in FT. 
I just want to add that the professional outfit pencil skirt, which is tight, has a weight map, as do other tight skirts that are available. No proper weight map means also that you can't use collision shapes (they are ineffective).

Anyway, there is definitely a fault with the item. Or, if someone has an idea how to make the petal skirts work without the problem shown below, I'm all ear:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7b34ea93-7d40-4709-973f-9126.png

The issue is the mutual penetration of the two parts of the skirt during certain movement. There is currently no mechanism to prevent that.

There is probably also an issue with sitting down, which never worked under Clone Cloth. The whole idea of introducing Soft Cloth was that clothing would drape better if necessary.
By 4u2ges - 7 Years Ago
I do not own the pack, but would try to widen the clearance between 2 parts of the mesh in CC Mesh Editor.
It is a pain to use tool though, but no choice if you do not have export license and able to do it in 3rd party app.

Another option (recommended) is to create a weigh map for outer part only, then play with collision shapes so that the outer part never goes inside and penetrate the inner part.
By vidi - 7 Years Ago
looks like not wheightpainting correctly
@4u2ges: I tried widening the gap as you suggested, but that didn't help. I will see about the partial weight map.

@vidi: hmm, so that would mean a design defect. I'm not very (really not at all) versed in making clothing, so I rely on others...Unsure