2018 Content Roadmap & Marketing Campaign

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic339144.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Miranda (RL) - 7 Years Ago
Hi Everyone,

Recently, we've had a lot of requests about our upcoming Content Roadmap. We are also aware that many of you have production plans for certain types of content. Therefore from now on, the Reallusion Content Team will be publicly announcing its Content Roadmap!

Besides the Content Roadmap, we would like to share our Theme Promotion campaign plan. The Theme Promotion campaign will be hosted in the Content Store, and we will have different themes every month. So we would like to invite all Content Developers to join the campaign, which will also benefit users by offering more content pack choices.

The following is the Content Calendar. I will help update the status of each pack on a weekly basis. If there is any new visuals or information of for these packs, then I will post in this "Content Pack Sneak Preview" forum. (We are actually doing it now!) 

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

---------------------------- 2018 Content Roadmap ----------------------------
January, 2018

Content Pack
Theme Promotion

----------------------------
February, 2018

Content Pack
  • [iClone] Interactive Vehicle Series - Modern Cars (Status: released on Feb. 28)
  • [iClone] Interactive Vehicle Series - Mad Max (Status: delayed to March)
  • [CrazyTalk Animator] Comic Girls (Status: delayed to March; updated on Feb. 1st)

Theme Promotion

March, 2018 

Content Pack
  • [iClone] Interactive Vehicle Series - Mad Max (postponed; evaluating...)
  • [iClone] iClone Human Mocap (Status: delayed to April; updated on March 15th)
  • [Character Creator] Fantasy Knights (project canceled)
  • [CrazyTalk Animator] Comic Girls (Status: delayed to April; updated on March 15th)
  • [CrazyTalk Animator] Weather Maker (Status: released on March 21st)
  • [CrazyTalk Animator] Office Workers, Scenes and Props (Status: released on March 21st)

Theme Promotion
  • [iClone & Character Creator] Apocalypse
    >> Campaign Link: Content Store (Ends on April 26th)
    >> Developer can log in to join this Theme Promotion by leaving a message HERE. (closed)

April, 2018 

Content Pack
Theme Promotion
  • [iClone & Character Creator] Motion Campaign (Launched on April 27th)
  • [iClone & Character Creator] Scene (canceled)

May, 2018 

Content PackTheme Promotion
June, 2018 

Content Pack
  • [iClone] iClone Studio Mocap - Modern Car Motion (Status: postponed; updated on June 8th)
  • [iClone] iClone Studio Mocap - Armored Vehicle Motion (Status: postponed; updated on June 8th)
  • [CrazyTalk Animator] G3 Human Motions - Cartoon Moves (Status: released on June 21st)

Q3, 2018 

Content Pack
To-be-announced

---------------------------- 2017 Content Roadmap ----------------------------
August, 2017

Content Pack
September, 2017

Content Pack
Theme Promotion (Sept. 19th to Oct. 3rd, 2017)
October, 2017

Content Pack
Theme Promotion (
Oct. 24th to Nov. 7th, 2017)
  • [iClone] Scene
    >> Campaign Link: Content Store
    >> Developer can log in to join this Theme Promotion by leaving a message HERE. (closed)

November, 2017

Content Pack
Theme Promotion (Nov. 20th to Dec. 5th, 2017)
  • [iClone & Character Creator] Fantasy
    >> Campaign Link: Content Store

December, 2017

Content Pack
By paulg625 - 7 Years Ago
Cool thanks for the info.  
By Kelleytoons - 7 Years Ago
This is great, Miranda, and really does help both devs and producers.  Thanks!

(So excited for "Modern Hair" -- if it at least includes three of the six basic men's hairstyles I'll be a happy camper).
Ah -- now that I've thought more about it, I'm more than a little concerned about "Modern Hair".

We don't need "modern" hair -- you have supplied that in abundance.  We have the mohawks, shaggy hair looks that kids wear nowadays.  We have punk styles, street styles and all kinds of "modern" looks.  What we REALLY need are "Classic Hair" looks.  We DESPERATELY need "Classic" hair.

It's the one HUGE hole in iClone, that no traditional hair styles (almost without exception) are represented.  Even the few that are, like the sweptback and pompadour, are presented in a "modern" fashion (that of long, shaggy hair).  Oh, I guess you could also say that it's European as opposed to American, but I wouldn't want to go that far because even in Europe business folk wear their hair more traditionally (another good word for a pack "Traditional Hair").

Please, please, PLEASE tell me this isn't "Modern" hair.  If we can just have some classic looks we will be SO much better off.
By raxel_67 - 7 Years Ago
sadly modern is a very ambigious term, could mean anything, the classic cuts of yore were the modern cuts in their time, so i guess we'll have to wait and see.
By raxel_67 - 7 Years Ago
also, i have posted this already but i'll do it here again, all this content store promotions and themes and stuff are cool, but it will be useless if the content store is full of bad links and blank tabs, and on my phone it is unbrowsable.

Browsers: mozilla firefox, and microsoft edge, this two have problems, don't know about chrome cause i hate google and i'm not installing their spyware, but this 2 major browsers have trouble with the content store, if want to see the base meshes for the street clothing pack I get a blank tab, this is just one example, i have found issues all accross the site.
raxel_67 (8/28/2017)
sadly modern is a very ambigious term, could mean anything, the classic cuts of yore were the modern cuts in their time, so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

As I demonstrated elsewhere in another thread, the classic cuts have never gone out of style.  They are worn almost exactly the same way they were from the 30's to almost 100 years later.  I suppose a case might be made that youthful "rebel" styles are the same as well, that mohawks and punk hair have been around since the 50's at least, but we are missing all six of the classics (and it's even odder in that we have a military pack but no hair to go with it -- none of the hair styles other than bald would even be allowed in nearly any army I know of).

So I can iterate them again here but I suspect Miranda has the list I put out.  We need at least three of them (and all six wouldn't be too much to ask).

The modern hair meant to be the hairstyles we would wear today.
We may be able to share some WIP in coming weeks! Smile
Sharing would be nice -- even if it turns out they don't meet my needs I'll be better able to determine what to do next.

(And folks wear all KINDS of hair nowadays -- the styles RL has supplied so far aren't far off, but they ARE representative of a far younger crowd.  I'm just hoping we get shorter styles that men in the business place and in the media would wear.  If you think about it, we have no men's hair that any businessman, politician, soldier, leading man in the movies, or newscaster would ever be seen in. That greatly limits the things we can do with iClone, and could be solved with just three or four hairstyles).
By animagic - 7 Years Ago
We definitely need more thinning hairlines... "Modern" should not just mean "young"...Crazy
By SeanMac - 7 Years Ago
@animagic. I agree, but hair is hard.

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, 32GbDDR4 RAM, 4K & HD monitors, Huion H610 Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, LogitechWebcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

That's why we need RL to supply it (at a cost, but definitely supply it).
By toppro77 - 7 Years Ago
Kelly,
I believe there were some classic hair styles for version 4. I have them in my arsenal. They need modified to work on later versions but they are adaptable. I do agree though that there are other classics that need to be available and updated for the current version of characters. That was one thing I looked for early on in buying Iclone and found almost none. 
If they were for version 4 I doubt whether they looked anywhere near as realistic as the ones nowadays, with opacity mapping and fine strands.  As such, they wouldn't be useful for any CC character (the only ones most of us are interesting in).  For background characters I have lots of things I can use -- for my main ones I need the classic styles.

Still hoping to see some photos from Miranda to give me at least an idea on how much trouble and work I'm going to have to go through (because if they don't supply them I will have to bite the bullet and do it myself).
Hi Mike, the first hair pack contains 5 hairstyles, I will post the content and its reference next week!

Kelleytoons (9/7/2017)
If they were for version 4 I doubt whether they looked anywhere near as realistic as the ones nowadays, with opacity mapping and fine strands.  As such, they wouldn't be useful for any CC character (the only ones most of us are interesting in).  For background characters I have lots of things I can use -- for my main ones I need the classic styles.

Still hoping to see some photos from Miranda to give me at least an idea on how much trouble and work I'm going to have to go through (because if they don't supply them I will have to bite the bullet and do it myself).

That would be nice, Miranda.

And I'm encouraged you imply this is only the first -- I really don't think we can have TOO many hairstyles for Character Creator, as it's the one area we are sorely lacking.  
I know you've had lots of excitement there at RL about the FW stuff, but I'd still love to see some samples of the upcoming hair styles, Miranda (if nothing more than to tell me what I will need to work on in the absence of what I need).
Hi everyone, sorry for breaking my promise to share the images and info this week.
Most of the resources are allocated on the launch of iClone Faceware Facial Mocap and Battle Mech Series, I will fight for the resource to show you something next week!

@ Mike, I would like to keep secret for the sneak preview, do you mind telling me the exact hairstyle you need for the project? (let me PM you)

By joel.lovell - 7 Years Ago
Please - cant you release these content packs at a lower price point? They are just way out of reach of hobbyists. I would think you would do better with a fast nickel than a slow dime.
I didn't join the process in product planning nor price setting, but the decision making process is strict and structural as I know.
I'm not sure what price, quantity, quality you are expected, have you visited Reallusion Marketplace? There are many good items created by developers, and the scale of each pack is rather smaller, so they should be affordable.
We also regularly release packs in Marketplace after their launches in Content Store, you may pick up a single items there.
https://city.reallusion.com/store/iclone
By wires - 7 Years Ago
I was looking for some stuff from the Assassin's pack in Backstage, and there is something that I need clarification on.

As an example I'll use the Cloak Base and Presets. The item title says that the pack includes the "Cloak Base", however in the description it very clearly states - in red type - that a further Base purchase is required to use the item:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/97a080ce-a928-4be8-888e-d89c.png

This is true for almost all of the single items from this pack.

Could someone from RL please explain this before I start wasting points on non-useable items.
Hi Gerry,

From my understanding, if an item is alreadly included in this pack, it's not right to show this item as a base content.
This mechanism was implemented this July, somehow it went wrong again! Our engineers are checking it now.
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost332634.aspx

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7a0e6388-eea6-4e84-9c0e-4027.png

wires (10/23/2017)
I was looking for some stuff from the Assassin's pack in Backstage, and there is something that I need clarification on.

As an example I'll use the Cloak Base and Presets. The item title says that the pack includes the "Cloak Base", however in the description it very clearly states - in red type - that a further Base purchase is required to use the item:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/97a080ce-a928-4be8-888e-d89c.png

This is true for almost all of the single items from this pack.

Could someone from RL please explain this before I start wasting points on non-useable items.

By wires - 7 Years Ago
Thank you for getting this issue cleared up Miranda. Smile
It's fixed now!
Thanks Gerry for helping find out the issue Smile

https://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCCa6546ee6de22e4024
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d059f2e4-ef70-481f-ad13-2c3d.png
By Delta_Webb - 7 Years Ago
Hey guys, quick question :

On the software store it use to state that the update with the curve editor (7.1 I guess) was coming 2017 Q4.

Yet, it is nowhere to be found on the roadmap. Can we still count on curve editor before the end of the year ?

Thanks for all the great work !
By Peter (RL) - 7 Years Ago
The iClone 7.1 update with Curve Editor is still tentatively scheduled for a Q4 release but there is no confirmed release date as yet.
By Capemedia - 6 Years Ago
Hello Guys,
Why was Fantasy Knights cancelled?  I felt there was a theme with the Assassin and Wizard sets but wondering if there has been a change in marketing.
Also will there be a sale price on the Wizard set, as I feel I missed the boat last time round.
Thanks
Cape.
  • [Character Creator] Fantasy Knights (project canceled)
By Miranda (RL) - 6 Years Ago
Hi Cape, well, I'm not sure why it's cancelled. As far as I know, the next series of Fantasy playset will be Armor!
There might be a bundle option of Wizard clothes & motion when Wizard motion pack official launches in April. 

Capemedia (3/28/2018)
Hello Guys,
Why was Fantasy Knights cancelled?  I felt there was a theme with the Assassin and Wizard sets but wondering if there has been a change in marketing.
Also will there be a sale price on the Wizard set, as I feel I missed the boat last time round.
Thanks
Cape.
  • [Character Creator] Fantasy Knights (project canceled)

Miranda (RL) (3/29/2018)
Hi Cape, well, I'm not sure why it's cancelled. As far as I know, the next series of Fantasy playset will be Armor!
There might be a bundle option of Wizard clothes & motion when Wizard motion pack official launches in April. 

Wow a new pack called "Armour" I take it that's knights in armour not tanks etc?  And new Wizard motions, look forward to that and a possible bundle price Smile

# Armour English spelling Smile
By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
It would be interesting to see "fantasy tanks" but I do suspect it's the other style of Knights <g>.
Oh, it's armored character outfits, not tanks Tongue
Miranda (RL) (3/31/2018)

Any more information on this pack, maybe a sneak peak? Whistling

I don't have much info now... but I promise I will make a post when there is something to show!

Capemedia (4/11/2018)
Miranda (RL) (3/31/2018)

Any more information on this pack, maybe a sneak peak? Whistling

Miranda (RL) (4/12/2018)
I don't have much info now... but I promise I will make a post when there is something to show!

Hello Miranda, another month gone by....any news.

I've seen this pack - https://forum.reallusion.com/369742/PBR-Gladiator-Vol-2-Available-Now
This isn't the one you referred to?

Thanks
Cape Smile
Hi Cape! No, not this one. According to the news from Content Development Team, the project was just rescheduled to 2018 Q4.

Capemedia (5/25/2018)

Hello Miranda, another month gone by....any news.

I've seen this pack - https://forum.reallusion.com/369742/PBR-Gladiator-Vol-2-Available-Now
This isn't the one you referred to?

Thanks
Cape Smile