iClone7 - no facial animation features

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic335551.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By ervin_95 - 7 Years Ago
I recently bought iClone7 pack to animate easier using Perception Neuron and everything works great except one little thing.

I made 2 characters using Character Creation - one female and one male. Made some clothes in Marvelous, did retopo and rigging (Blender) and imported them in iClone 7 using 3DXchange.

Female is working great - all animations work, when I add default iClone animations she blinks and opens her mouth etc, but I can't get male facial expressions to work. When I try modifying his expressions in Expression Editor (3DXchange) i can only use first tab (Head) and other tabs do nothing, like bones are not connected with mesh. Did anyone experience something similar? Any ideas how it happened?
Is it possible that adding beard and auto mapping it in blender did something to the bone structure?
By mtakerkart - 7 Years Ago
 like bones are not connected with mesh

Does your male character have physics apply to the cloths? If yes , remove it , make your handkeyframing  anime then you can apply your softcloth motion.
hope this helps
Nope, it doesn't have cloth physics.. Must be something else.
By Rampa - 7 Years Ago
If you're making clothing for CC characters, you should import through CC. 3DXchange will recognize CC bone structure, but the character will become "non-standard". 

importing into CC is covered at 12:35 in this video.

It is best to save your clothing and load it onto a new character in CC. Throw away the one you import. It's just a vehicle to get the clothing in.