Transition curve

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic329291.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By CeZikk - 7 Years Ago
Hi guys!
This is really annoying. Isn't there really an option to change the transition curves for multiple keyframes? I mostly use smooth transition and I always need to change it from linear keyframe by keyframe. Such a waste of time...
By Rampa - 7 Years Ago
Select all your keyframes by dragging a rectangle over them, or double-clicking the track name on the left. Now right-clck on one of them and set your curve. It will apply to all of them.

If it works the same as iClone, anyway. See if it works. Smile
By CeZikk - 7 Years Ago
It doesn't work. When I click the Transition Curve, all the keyframes I selected (except the one I clicked on) are getting deselected.
By Peter (RL) - 7 Years Ago
In CTA3 you can change the transition curve between two keys by right clicking the second key and choosing Transition Curve. You can't automatically do this for all the keyframes in one go sadly.
By CeZikk - 7 Years Ago
Yes I know how to do it Smile Really hoped that I missed something. Too bad. CTA workflow is not very user-friendly.
By bobdoyle - 6 Years Ago
Agreed, this is particularly annoying. RARELY do I use linear transitions when I'm dealing with people and animals moving, and even looping a captured clip, I have to RE-assign the transition curve to every iteration...and with a dog tail wagging for example, that's pretty freakin' tedious.
By josephnarai - 4 Years Ago
Is there any update on this issue? This is a deal breaker - making necessary hundreds of right clicks and select transition curve. Completely wasteful of time. Has this been added as a feature request? When can we expect an update to address this?
By e1_scheer - 4 Years Ago
I agree and I can't believe the original post is over three years old without this issue being adressed.
I'm very close to getting a license for cartoon animator, but as others have said before me, this as
well as the absence of a curve editor, onion skinning or motion trails is a deal-breaker.

If these features were on the roadmap, I would probably still get a license and wait for them to be
added, but the fact that this isn't even on the reallusion radar, is pretty worrying.  These features
are not the sexiest, but they are necessary to get any real animation work done.

By vepop - 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (7/10/2017)
In CTA3 you can change the transition curve between two keys by right clicking the second key and choosing Transition Curve. You can't automatically do this for all the keyframes in one go sadly.

Not sure if  it will work when we save the motion first by using the 'Collect Clip' feature. Then apply the saved motion to the character.
Apply the transition curve thereafter. 

By e1_scheer - 4 Years Ago
HI Vepop,

Thanks for the suggestion but didn't seem to make any difference

By Greenlaw - 4 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

Recently, I started using Cartoon Animator Pipeline for a personal project, and I'm also unofficially evaluating it for use at the studio where I work. We currently use TB Harmony, Moho Pro, Adobe Animate, and After Effects to create our 2D animation, and we're always looking out for new tools to help us work faster.

Anyway, this weekend I learned that I can apply a transition curve to only a single selected key and not to multiple selected keys at once. (With the exception you described above.) I see this limitation becoming incredibly tedious in animations with hundreds of key frames, and it will definitely be a deal killer among the animators I work with.

Is the ability to apply a Transition Curve to multiple selected keyframes a feature you guys are planning for a future update? If not, can you ask the developers to consider it? Also, the guys I work with will be disappointed to hear CA doesn't have a Graph Editor. Is this something you guys are planning to add? Perhaps as an add-on like you have for iClone?

Apart from that, I'm impressed with CA's rigging workflow and I'm looking forward to trying it out in of my short films soon. I just wish hand-animating characters in CA wasn't so 'clicky' (as in the example described above.) But I'm keeping an open mind for now. I'm still learning CA so maybe this will get easier as I grow more familiar with the UI and keyboard shortcuts. Smile

Thanks for listening!