Indigo Render and iClone 7

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic326548.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Jeremy_Lawrence - 7 Years Ago
Will the Indigo plugin be compatible with the new iClone release?
Thanks
By Forum Admin (RL) - 7 Years Ago
iClone 7 will support the Indigo RT Plugin (Limited to iClone 6 features only).

By Renaissance Man Studios - 7 Years Ago
Can you clarify that with specifics, please.
I jumped onboard with the iClone 7 pre-release and I am not that familiar with iClone 6.
I would consider it but I am not sure if it is worth it. 
Basically, I would like to know if it would improve renders in iClone 7 beyond what it already has under the hood.

Thanks!
By Jeremy_Lawrence - 7 Years Ago
Support for v6 features only...
But in v7, will it recognise/render PBR texturing or will images look like v6?

Will I need to uninstall & reinstall?
Thanks
By animagic - 7 Years Ago
vbrabble (5/25/2017)
I jumped onboard with the iClone 7 pre-release and I am not that familiar with iClone 6.
Basically, I would like to know if it would improve renders in iClone 7 beyond what it already has under the hood.

Thanks!

Unless you want to do stills only, I wouldn't bother with Indigo. The required resources to render animation are enormous, as the plugin has not been optimized for that. Also, no improvements have been announced in that area for IC7. 
Jeremy_Lawrence (5/25/2017)

But in v7, will it recognise/render PBR texturing or will images look like v6?

The current Indigo Plugin will not recognise any of the new features of iClone 7 including PBR. The results you get will be the same as you get now in iClone 6.

vbrabble (5/25/2017)

Thanks!

Due to the new graphical features found in iClone 7, your renders will be greatly improved over iClone 6. You may find that using the built in render engine you will not need external renderers like Indigo RT. It is of course personal preference and some do like the look of Indigo renders vs iClone renders.

However as Animagic has mentioned, Indigo RT is mainly recommended for still images. You will find iClone's built in renderer better (and much quicker) for video.

By exandus - 7 Years Ago
So I uninstalled and then re-installed the Indigo RT plugin 1.53 and while it created a plugins menu in iClone 6.53, it did not create a plugin menu item in iClone 7 pre-release. Do I need to do something else to get the indigo plugin to show up in iClone 7?

Thanks!
Shaiket
By animagic - 7 Years Ago
The Indigo plugin will be effective in the final release of iClone 7. The current version is a pre-release that doesn't have all features yet.

EDIT: Well, that's what I assume. My understanding that some features will be added gradually.
Thank you very much!
animagic (5/26/2017)
vbrabble (5/25/2017)

Thanks!

Unless you want to do stills only, I wouldn't bother with Indigo. The required resources to render animation are enormous, as the plugin has not been optimized for that. Also, no improvements have been announced in that area for IC7. 

Thank you very much!
animagic (5/26/2017)
vbrabble (5/25/2017)

Thanks!

Thank you very much!