How to edit the motion clips recorded using Direct Puppet tool

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic324470.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By thanosxanderian - 7 Years Ago
I am recording custom motions using the Direct Puppet Tool and it works fine. However, after I finish recording, I cannot edit the length of the motion clip other than break the clip into smaller motion clips. Also If I set a keyframe before recording the motion and delete the recorded clip afterwards, it poses my character into a T-Pose. It doesn't revert back to the original pose where the keyframe was set. Hence, my questions are:
  1. How can I edit the lengths and other properties of the motion clips recorded using the Direct Puppet tool
  2. Is there away to prevent the character from being posed into a T-Pose after a motion clip has been deleted?

Thanks in advance.

By Snarp Farkle - 7 Years Ago
thanosxanderian (4/26/2017)
I am recording custom motions using the Direct Puppet Tool and it works fine. However, after I finish recording, I cannot edit the length of the motion clip other than break the clip into smaller motion clips. Also If I set a keyframe before recording the motion and delete the recorded clip afterwards, it poses my character into a T-Pose. It doesn't revert back to the original pose where the keyframe was set. Hence, my questions are:
  1. How can I edit the lengths and other properties of the motion clips recorded using the Direct Puppet tool
  2. Is there away to prevent the character from being posed into a T-Pose after a motion clip has been deleted?

Thanks in advance.

I just tested this and had no problems with editing the lengths etc. as shown in the video.  I also show how to set and use the default pose.  Sorry there's no audio but I think you'll see what I did.

By thanosxanderian - 7 Years Ago
Okay, thanks. I can now edit the speed of recorded motions. But let's say I record a motion using the Direct Puppet tool and I don't want that motion to include the keyframes of the hands. That is, I want to use this motion independent of the character hand shapes. Hence, if I apply this motion to a new character with a different hand shape, I would only affect the other body parts of the new character except for its hands.

Using Edit Motion Layer, I could just remove the keyframes for the Right and Left hands. But for a motion created using Direct Puppet tool, how would I achieve that? I tried editing the motion layer by removing the hand keyframes after I recorded a new motion. However that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Sorry, if I am asking stupid questions, I am just new to iClone. And thank you again for taking the time to answers my questions clearly!