Forum Clarification – 2017 BANNED USERS

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic322672.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Realtimer (RL) - 7 Years Ago
TO ALL REALLUSION MEMBERS:

As some of you might know, lately we have experienced issues with a few forum users that have been banned from the Reallusion
Community. We would like to remind everyone that the Reallusion forum is a private space that requires everyone to accept the forum rules when joining. (https://forum.reallusion.com/258060/Forum-Rules)

From the beginning the Reallusion forum has  had a strict policy against spamming, piracy links/sources, piracy discussion, fake accounts, and general abuse towards other users. Users that do not adhere to these policies are given several warnings until they are temporarily banned, and eventually permanently banned if they do not comply. 

Recently, the situation escalated to a point where one particular user started threatening Reallusion members and even sending physical threats to Reallusion Customer Support. To protect its members Reallusion permanently banned this user from the entire system on March 27th, 2017.

It is necessary to mention that in its 17-year history Reallusion has never had any such issues with any user, and it never needed to permanently ban someone from the system. Unfortunately due to the limitations of our mechanism, banning a user from the system would also block that user’s account access to their product download mechanism all together.

Reallusion would like to reassure all of its members that we will always protect users’ rights for downloadable purchase products, and that we have taken action to correct this mechanism filter allowing the system to distinguish between banning an account from the forum, banning an account from customer service, while still allowing access to downloadable purchased products. Reallusion has already resumed said user's downloadable product rights since today - April 11th, 2017.

Reallusion looks forward to working with all of you to create an enjoyable community where everyone can feel welcomed, safe, encouraged, and helped. We thank everyone for always supporting Reallusion as our main goal is always in the benefit of the animation community.

The Reallusion Team 

By colour - 7 Years Ago
Thanks for the clarification Realtimer, from an old timerWink
By Snarp Farkle - 7 Years Ago
It's just sad that some people cannot be civilized and conduct themselves in a civilized manor. 

This forum has given so much to the community and I respect the members who give of their time and knowledge to help others find the answers they seek. 
I appreciate the Reallusion community a great deal and try to help others when I can, to give back to this community is important to me.

Thanks Reallusion for looking out for us.
By wungun - 7 Years Ago
Snarp Farkle (4/11/2017)
It's just sad that some people cannot be civilized and conduct themselves in a civilized manor. 

This forum has given so much to the community and I respect the members who give of their time and knowledge to help others find the answers they seek. 
I appreciate the Reallusion community a great deal and try to help others when I can, to give back to this community is important to me.

Thanks Reallusion for looking out for us.

I totally agree with you.