The Bard - a new fantasy movie project by Anima Technica

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic31653.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By aknzrdude - 15 Years Ago
going back to my fantasy roots on this project- still in the concept development page, building sets/ costumes and writing script - trailer coming next week

but for now a screen shot

the hero

By safegaard - 15 Years Ago
Looking forward to the show. Great stills. Smile
By Christy0 - 15 Years Ago
Looks great, I can't wait. you are always the master when it comes to producing fantasy epics.
By omanuel - 15 Years Ago
Very Cool, Gabe! Cool
By Illustrator Cathy - 15 Years Ago
MY GAWD!! YOU ARE PROLIFIC!!!

Cathy Hehe
By DesertWalker - 15 Years Ago
Look forward to it.
a couple of test sceneries

the forest encounter featuring BigBoss' cat

the Faradeen - bad guys test render with Will Veeke's Hellhound

By Teviniii - 15 Years Ago
It looks VERY PROMISING!
By omanuel - 15 Years Ago
Awesome stills....cool post.
By duchess110 - 15 Years Ago
Fantastic work as always Gabe texturing spot on.The Hellhound looks brilliant and so much like this one

http://www.3drt.com/3dm/characters/felhound/felhound-shots.html

I wonder if that is where Will got his insperation.

By W.VEEKE - 15 Years Ago
I will answer this one with a little explanation: 

The basismodel for hellhound i got from a sharewaresite. It was a demo model for autodesk 7&8  and free to use for any purpose. It says there: The model is for unrestricted use. I liked the 3d model but it was to smooth so I changed the model to something I liked.Then i put it in my motion generator and transfered the bones in useable bones. Then I converted the model to a character and prop and let the generator apply my normally standardmotions to the standard motions. In the timeline of autodesk i corrected them  and applied some additions because the generator still make some little mistakes. Then i unwrapped it and changed the uv-unwrap for my own textures and photographs. And so hellhound is what he is now.

Now i am working on a second, much different model(made from the scatch) wich looks much better and  I will  apply all kind of new  motions (for instance the  attacks you see in my last videö. Most of the time i make my models from the scratch and sometimes i use 3D models from share- and freeware sites without restrictions. This is allmost the same as how Reallusion since a few months works. If you go to the German Reallusion store  you see my soccerl pack: Reallusion sells my soccer-pack at the german store and i do not get royalties: because everything we make is royalty free. if you not agree with that you have to tell this and they take of your packs. It means they have unrestricted use and they can also use it comercial.   

Wil

By W.VEEKE - 15 Years Ago
akzrdude,

Any way, You are a lightmagician. Wonderfull how you play with textures and colour. i am very curious about your project. If you need any special motions please ask, If i find the time i will see what i can do for you.

Wil 

By Raven2angel - 15 Years Ago
All the pics look fantastic.  Looking forward to seeing more Smile
By Flybynight - 15 Years Ago
W.VEEKE (11/24/2009)
I will answer this one with a little explanation: 

The basismodel for hellhound i got from a sharewaresite. It was a demo model for autodesk 7&8  and free to use for any purpose. It says there: The model is for unrestricted use. I liked the 3d model but it was to smooth so I changed the model to something I liked.Then i put it in my motion generator and transfered the bones in useable bones. Then I converted the model to a character and prop and let the generator apply my normally standardmotions to the standard motions. In the timeline of autodesk i corrected them  and applied some additions because the generator still make some little mistakes. Then i unwrapped it and changed the uv-unwrap for my own textures and photographs. And so hellhound is what he is now.

Wil

You lost me here Wil and probably others too LOL. Nevertheless the Hellhound looks great.BigGrin

The Bard trailer is up - this will be for an upcoming 5 chapter fantasy mini-series

"He crossed the misty mountains, to lands unknown, singing songs that lifts men's hearts, yet his own is mired in the darkness"

starring goofparade, ricky grove, killian, k4
casting soon for additional roles in chapters 2-5

Watch it on YouTube HD

music- pippins song written by Billy Boyd

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"
By jimmygee - 15 Years Ago
Excellent! Smile
By Capemedia - 15 Years Ago
Brilliant trailer Gabe.  Amazing to see what you're doing with iClone 4 BigGrin
By Alley - 15 Years Ago
Wow!!!Smile
By Bigboss - 15 Years Ago
Fantastic ! Bellisimo! Mucho Grando ! Smile
By Dulci - 15 Years Ago
Beautiful work, and the music is amazing.
By gizmo - 15 Years Ago
Great stuff akn. Love the opening and closing scenes.
By DesertWalker - 15 Years Ago
This is going to be another awesome piece. Winter 2010 is a long wait, but it will be worthwhile.
By Raven2angel - 15 Years Ago
great update,

looking forward to watching Smile

By aknzrdude - 14 Years Ago
another production screenshot - preparing to attack

another shot from the production - wanted to capture a sense of scale of armies arrayed against each other -

made use of video props, static props and particle effects to populate/decorate the scene

By Capemedia - 14 Years Ago
aknzrdude (1/19/2010)
another shot from the production - wanted to capture a sense of scale of armies arrayed against each other -

made use of video props, static props and particle effects to populate/decorate the scene

Very interested to see how you pull this one off Gabe, as I have the same epic scenes to try and create in my next project Smile

By gizmo - 14 Years Ago
Looking great akn. Your colour and lighting combinations are spot on.
By allpoint - 14 Years Ago
Thats a great backdrop and scene, looking forward to seeing it in motion!
By Paumanok West - 14 Years Ago
Great stuff!
By shygirl - 14 Years Ago
Looks brilliant Gabe.

Shy Smile

designing one of the female lead for the Bard

By Raven2angel - 14 Years Ago
Pretty BigGrin
By Bigboss - 14 Years Ago
Wow! Does she sing? Could use her im my Band Smile !!!
thanks raven and bigboss

yeah she can sing Smile and she can also belly dance
By Teviniii - 14 Years Ago
Wow. That's really beautiful.
By DesertWalker - 14 Years Ago
Absolute beauty.
By sjonesdc - 14 Years Ago
What program are you using to design your characters???
By Wolfzone Digital - 14 Years Ago
That's a great looking character Gabe

Announce the premier of the pilot episode of The Bard

premiers Monday Feb 1 at 8:00 pm Pacific, 11pm EST, 4 am GMT at TMUTheater

right after the Wolf and Dulci Show (7pm pacific)

Watch The Bard trailer

By Bigboss - 14 Years Ago
WooooooPi ! This looks very promising !!!

Got to stack on Pop Corn... Smile 

By afterThought - 14 Years Ago
I'll be there! Smile
By Alley - 14 Years Ago
Your characters look stunning!!  And your shots are beautiful. Smile Looking forward to Monday night!!
Looking good!

Can't make the premiere but I'll catch the download Smile

please join us at the TMUTheater on Sunday February 7 4 pm PST for the premier

Premier episode features Raven2Angel, Ricky Grove and Jakechief

I'm very much looking forward to this film. I won't be able to catch it live though as it's in the middle of the Superbowl
3 days and counting hope to see ya all there for the premier - if not it be posted on vimeo and youtube for the full HD experience

Trailer here
The Bard premier episode - Sunday Feb 7 4pm Pacific , 7 pm eastern, 12am FEb 8 UK, 8 am Feb 8 am Feb 8 Asia

at http:///www.tmutheater.com

By sumthinwong - 14 Years Ago
Simply amazing
aknzrdude (2/6/2010)
The Bard premier episode - Sunday Feb 7 4pm Pacific , 7 pm eastern, 12am FEb 8 UK, 8 am Feb 8 am Feb 8 Asia

at http:///www.tmutheater.com

I'll have to catch this Monday night, 12am is a little late for me, sorry Gabe.

By Killian - 14 Years Ago
Stuff the Superbowl! This is the only thing worth watching tonight! BigGrin
Thank you to all that made it to the live viewing - we had a great crowd and enjoyed the interaction immensely -recommend you watch it in 720p HD

Watch The Bard Act 1: Lament in HD

I want to thank the cast for this episode - Raven2Angel did a marvelous job, did not know she had a great singing voice as well - Killian who did double duty as the father and the villain, jakechief also did double role as the acolyte and the young bard and rick grove for his role as the narrator

and most of all goofparade who wrote the musical theme.

next episode we'll enjoy the voice talents of well known machinima artists from around the world and a few of our iclone celebs (rainman)
By Alley - 14 Years Ago
This was awesome, I watched it twice.  Everything about it was great and the narration, voices and music were fantastic...yes, Raven does have a nice singing voice. Smile.
By mellormedia - 14 Years Ago

Nice Pilot episode, good luck with the series, DT

By Christy0 - 14 Years Ago
Excellen!!!

Another triumph in iClone cinematography.

By shygirl - 14 Years Ago
Bravo Gabe, excellent job.  Congrats to the voice cast too, they did a brilliant job.

Shy Smile 

Lookingforward to watching this series develop. A great start. I enjoyed the plot line. Looks like some opportunities in this world for some epic scenes
thanks for the comments and support!

wolf - yeah planning on some major 'epic' scenes - still visualizing that Troy scene with the flyby of the battlefield - yeah i can dream Smile
By Teviniii - 14 Years Ago
Visually stunning. One again, the logistics are STAGGERING. I look forward to part 2.
By gizmo - 14 Years Ago
A great series in the making aknzrdude. I really like this - well there's nothing not to like. Can't wait for the big battle scenes.

(Encore Raven).

A good start Gabe, looking forward to more Smile
thanks for the support folks - hard at work now at the next part
By sjonesdc - 14 Years Ago
Lookingforward to the next installment.
By Raven2angel - 14 Years Ago
Excellent, really enjoying the story so far and will be watching out for the next episode BigGrin

good work Smile

thanks Raven and i must commend you and the cast for the outstanding job on the voic acting front
By Killian - 14 Years Ago
You kidding? It's a downright pleasure to be part of something so sumptuous BigGrin
By Dulci - 14 Years Ago
aknzrdude (2/8/2010)
thanks for the support folks - hard at work now at the next part

Is the next part done yet? Smile