How do you do an animation of a character shrinking (or growing)

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic312849.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By isr - 7 Years Ago
Hi,

Can anyone advise how to approach an animation of a character shrinking (e.g. Eat Me/Drink Me in Alice in Wonderland)?  I'm a beginner with iClone(6) and I can't seem to find a way to make a character shrink within a defined environment, I don't seem to be able to apply any scaling transforms to characters, whereas it seems straightforward for props.

Am I simply being a numpty or is this really a challenging concept in iClone. Any advice on how to do this is appreciated.

By duchess110 - 7 Years Ago
Hi isr
It has been quite some time since I have done this so I hope I can give you a basic idea of what to do.
1 Take your character into 3dexchange
2 Select the body and export out to a programme such as 3ds max or 3d coat
3 This is where you would do your mesh adjustments but make sure that you do not change the vertex amount otherwise you will not be able to reimport back into 3dxchange.
4 You then in 3dxchange add the mesh and create a custom morph so that it can be used inside iClone

By Snarp Farkle - 7 Years Ago
One way to do it by using the "Avatar Proportion" feature for any character other than CC, it can be done using a CC character but you'd have to shrink them to the percentages in CC and export however many you need to make a smooth transition.  I didn't use the CC characters for this test.  As you'll see it's kinda choppy but can be improved upon by cleaning up things in the timeline a bit.

I was going to do a video as I was testing this technique but misplaced my microphone cord lol. Crying

I do have about a dozen screen shots if anybody's interested in them.

I put the Project file in DropBox if you want to play around with it, if you improve on the technique please share it back for the rest of us. Wink