No way to return to default/neutral facial expression when using Facial Puppet right?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic307470.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By dante1st - 8 Years Ago
If I change expressions using the Facial Puppet option, is there no quick way to return the expression back to what it was prior? If I use facial Keys, then of course I could just set a motion key for the expression, prior to me changing the expression, and then copy and paste that key again to return the character back to that expression.

Is there any solution for this when using the Facial Puppet option? I like to use a lot of expressions when I have characters speak, but I don't want them to remain with that expression.
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
There is a way! Smile

Un-check the little box labeled "blend data on next recording", select the eyebrows, or nose, or something, and record without moving the mouse. You'll get a default face clip with no pupeteering on it.
By dante1st - 8 Years Ago
Thank you, I'll keep this method in mind. I also discovered another way as well. On the next instance of them speaking, if you go to the preset facial expressions (the ones that say, Happy, Calm, Wink, etc), if you double click Neutral, it actually creates a copy and pasteable keyframe type of thing. Not sure what it is, but it's definitely a physical "thing" representing the neutral expression, which can be reused anywhere in the timeline.

Kind of weird that these workarounds are even needed for what seems to me to be very obvious, and needed functions. Does the new iClone fix this? 
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
It's not a workaround, what I mentioned. If it's not set to blend, it starts fresh. Fresh is neutral. Smile