Creating character from 2D image

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic305896.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By RikiFou - 8 Years Ago
Hi folks! I purchased CTA3 Pipeline about a week ago and for the most part I'm starting to get comfortable. Just now I'm trying to follow a CTA2 tutorial from February 2014 and replace sprites on the Saul dummy with my own sprites (which are more complicated than the bear in the tutorial, by the way). I think I've mostly found my way through the differences in the interface, but a big problem I'm having is dragging and sizing my sprites. Here are my questions:

1) Is there a recommended size for sprites? I created them in a Photoshop file 1000px tall, and used GIMP to remove the extra space, but they come up small in relation to the skeleton, and I seem to reach a maximum, which is close but I'd like to do better from the start.
2) Is it possible to turn snapping OFF? I can't position them precisely or easily with the mouse, only using X and Y selector on the toolbar.
3) What's the secret to layer order? When I initially add them some appear behind another, making sizing even more challenging.

I hope I've been clear and you can help this newbie.
By RikiFou - 8 Years Ago
I've answered my own question for "Snap to Grid." For anyone else, I found it in Preferences (where I'd already looked, but oh well...) and the Hot Key is CTRL+W.