Exporting panorama videos frame size

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic305586.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By JimmyB7 - 8 Years Ago
I am just beginning to dabble in iClone’s Exporting Panorama Videos capability.  I have studied a couple tutorials and the iClone help manual.  The manual says “The value of the camera lens for Panorama Videos is strict. Therefore, you are not allowed to customize this value when the Exporting Panorama feature is turned on.”  Both tutorials I looked at showed frame size settings of 4096 x 2048.  This is the 2:1 ratio I need.  

However, I cannot figure out how to get these Render frame size settings. My settings won’t exceed “Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)” and of course Custom does nothing.

I am using MP4 Format and I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I’m using NVIDIA GTX 980 4GB video card (latest drivers). I have the K-Lite codec pack installed. Enable 360 Panorama and 360 Enabled for YouTube and Facebook are checked.  Render Quality is set to highest settings. I have iClone 6.53.3511.1.

It’s probably some simple setting I’m missing but I’m stumped.  Any guidance would be appreciated.
By animagic - 8 Years Ago
That must be a recent change that sneaked in because it used to work when I experimented with this months ago.
By JimmyB7 - 8 Years Ago
animagic (12/7/2016)
That must be a recent change that sneaked in because it used to work when I experimented with this months ago.

Thanks animagic

I'm playing with the Google Daydream View and also Cardboard.  The 2:1 ratio is mandatory.  Here is the Google VR Documentation page.
By mark - 8 Years Ago
When I did my first experiment the London Flyover clip awhile back I couldn't use the iClone's mp4 render for some reason. I had to render a .png sequence and compile in Vegas as an mp4 to get the correct file-type....at least that's what I think I did.Ermm
By JimmyB7 - 8 Years Ago
mark (12/8/2016)
When I did my first experiment the London Flyover clip awhile back I couldn't use the iClone's mp4 render for some reason. I had to render a .png sequence and compile in Vegas as an mp4 to get the correct file-type....at least that's what I think I did.Ermm

Thanks mark
I looked at the PNG possibility but the frame size aspect ratio is still not antiquate for my needs (2:1).  I just can't understand what I'm doing wrong.  It seems that not many iClone users have explored 360 videos yet.
By mark - 8 Years Ago
Sorry for your issues.
Being an old geezer I guess I haven't bought into the VR thing yet... still see it as a fad... maybe a serious medical/technical application.

'course I wouldn't have signed the Beatles either!!!w00t
@Mark, you needed to do it that way because the video resolution is limited under Windows 7.

@Jimmy, I checked one of my projects that I know rendered to 4096x2048 in MP4 format (during early testing), but when I reopen the project, there is no way to get this setting back. I think this counts as a bug, because it used to work. There is nothing I can see that you are doing wrong (unless I'm wrong too... Unsure )
By JimmyB7 - 8 Years Ago
@Jimmy, I checked one of my projects that I know rendered to 4096x2048 in MP4 format (during early testing), but when I reopen the project, there is no way to get this setting back. I think this counts as a bug, because it used to work. There is nothing I can see that you are doing wrong (unless I'm wrong too... Unsure )
[/quote]

Thanks again animagic

Like I said before, both tutorials I found clearly show 4096x2048.  If Peter, or someone, doesn't step in here soon I'll contact tech support.  The feature is useless to me as is.
JimmyB7 (12/8/2016)
Like I said before, both tutorials I found clearly show 4096x2048.  If Peter, or someone, doesn't step in here soon I'll contact tech support.  The feature is useless to me as is.

The best way to alert development is by entering an issue in the Feedback Tracker, as then others can then also comment and support your claim. As 4096x2048 is mentioned in the tutorial, it is recognized by RL as a needed feature, which is currently not available as we have seen.
By wires - 8 Years Ago
One thing to take into account when rendering mpg files from iClone - RL use the Microsoft mpg encoder, and this is filled with untold restrictions depending of the OS version being used. There are quite a few very good to excellent mpg encoders/codecs available, and I have never seen a plausible answer posted by RL regarding their use of this absolute piece of c**p for encoding. The only real solution to this problem is to either render out uncompressed avi, or image sequences and convert them using either an NLE, or a good converter.
By JimmyB7 - 8 Years Ago
The best way to alert development is by entering an issue in the Feedback Tracker, as then others can then also comment and support your claim. As 4096x2048 is mentioned in the tutorial, it is recognized by RL as a needed feature, which is currently not available as we have seen.

Issue 873

By TopOneTone - 5 Years Ago
Wow 2 years on the Feedback Tracker and not a word from Reallusion in response...obviously they don’t see it as important for game development.
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
TopOneTone (2/25/2019)
Wow 2 years on the Feedback Tracker and not a word from Reallusion in response...obviously they don’t see it as important for game development.

I notice this entry was for iClone 6.

I don't believe that features left behind are automatically bumped up to iClone 7, so it might be time to resubmit this.