A Christmas Carol

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic303469.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
My attempt at the classic Charles Dickens Tale "A Christmas Carol".
Thanks to Mark for his tutorial on how to do a flyover, saved me lots of time.
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.
Hope you enjoy it.

By Peter Blood - 8 Years Ago
Gregsin: Smile

Bravo!! I was entertained by your telling of the story all the way through. You have a very large cast, as was appropriate for the story, and I think they did an excellent job. I love my voice actors as I'm sure you do. Kiss All around it is a very sound effort and the reward must be quite gratifying to you and your cast. 

Kudos and I'm eager to see what your next project is.

Cool pete
By Kevin.S - 8 Years Ago
Good Job !
By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thanks for watching Peter! Yes I love my voice actors and really appreciate them. They do a fantastic job. I am in the process of writing and making sets and costumes for my next one, another western, although right now I'm waiting for some inspiration, to continue the story. I'm sure it will come to me soon.

Thanks
Greg
By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thank you Kevin! I hope you enjoyed it.

Greg

" although right now I'm waiting for some inspiration, to continue the story. "

I'm right there with you. Just put up my latest last week and I'm letting my brain drift towards the next issue. I have a general idea of where to take it but nothing specific at this point. Gl with your brainstorming.

Cool pete
By pumeco - 8 Years Ago

Love the scenery and lighting in that one, Greg, and there was an especially nice feel to the light where he was speaking out of the window!
Very enjoyable video Cool

By mark - 8 Years Ago
Super job! It's tough working with a classic but you did a great job Greg!!!! And God bless us everyone!!!SmileSmileSmile
By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thanks for watching and commenting Pumeco!! It's nice to hear a positive comment on the lighting as I really struggle with it.

Greg
By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thanks Mark I appreciate your comments. I agree with you on working with a classic and about 3/4 of the way through it I was wondering what I was thinking?
Thanks for watching!!

And yes "God Bless us All" !!!!

Greg
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
That was nice Greg. A lot of good work there, and you did a wonderful wrangling all those voice actors! Smile
By TopOneTone - 8 Years Ago
Greg,
Congratulations this was very well done. Particularly enjoyed the scenery and the characterisation. Very enjoyable rendition of a classic, skilfully delivered.
Cheers,
Tony
By soytinatiu - 8 Years Ago
Hey thanks. That was pretty cool.
By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thanks rampa I appreciate your comments. Doing the voice capture is always fun for me., the hard part for me is keeping track of which I'm on when I add it to the scene. I usually just number the line and put it into a folder with the characters name. I should probably write down the line number I last used for each character so I don't have to play back 2 or 3 before I find the one I need. Maybe someone has an easier way to do it? I'd be interested in hearing how they do it..

Thanks for watching.
Greg
By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thank you for commenting TopOneTone! I do think I'm improving on the lighting but still have a ways to go.

Thanks for watching.

Greg
By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thank you for watching soytinatiu.

Greg

I had the same problem with my organization of voices. After putting it in the correct character folder, I rename it the 1st three words of the line. Saved me a lot of time listening and re-listening. Wink Might work for you.

Cool pete
By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thanks Peter I'll give it a try. Sounds like it should work.
By colour - 8 Years Ago
Another fine production, Greg. Smile

Reminiscent of  iClone hero Gabe Achadnazer (could never remember how to spell his name, or Forum Username), who could switch Award-winning styles  A sign of a great film-maker.

By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thanks Colour, that's a really nice compliment! Thanks for watching.

Greg
By toystorylab - 8 Years Ago
Impressive... Well done!
By gregsin - 8 Years Ago
Thanks for watching and commenting ToyStoryLab, I really appreciate it !!

Greg