Order iClone 7 NOW!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic303387.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Kelleytoons - 3 Years Ago
ThomasXXL (11/25/2016)
Kelleytoons (11/25/2016)

Any chance we can KNOW if we are part of that first group?  At least an email saying "You lost the lottery!" or some such?

Have a look at your Order-History. Is there a iClone 7 Early Access Serial Number? Then, I think, you won the race.

Must not have then -- there is a link to Bonus/Serial number in that early access part, but it says "Will be available after launch".

So, sadly, no.  (I would advise anyone else thinking this to then give up.  Not horrible, mind you, but disappointing.  Then again, if they have already sold $200K worth of product that's a very good sign.  I want this company to be around a LONG time).
ThomasXXL (11/26/2016)
Kelleytoons (11/25/2016)
ThomasXXL (11/25/2016)
Kelleytoons (11/25/2016)

Any chance we can KNOW if we are part of that first group?  At least an email saying "You lost the lottery!" or some such?

Have a look at your Order-History. Is there a iClone 7 Early Access Serial Number? Then, I think, you won the race.

Must not have then -- there is a link to Bonus/Serial number in that early access part, but it says "Will be available after launch".

So, sadly, no.  (I would advise anyone else thinking this to then give up.  Not horrible, mind you, but disappointing.  Then again, if they have already sold $200K worth of product that's a very good sign.  I want this company to be around a LONG time).

after purchase you should have get Delivery Information Mails from Reallusion Store and there should be a Delivery information for "iClone 7 Early Access" including your serial number.

Right, after reviewing what I got I've decided I DID get the early bird special or whatever the heck it's called, since I have two distinct serial numbers for iClone 7 (one for the regular release, and the other for the early one).  So all is well.

I have to say I was ALWAYS going to buy this, but I sure wish we had more info because, while the renders look beautiful, they are not the main thing I want.
By wires - 3 Years Ago
You can get 10% off RL Store prices. The upgrade prices are still the same as already published.
Peter (RL) (11/24/2016)
I truly understand the frustration at the lack of information about what is coming in iClone 7. We do hope to have this ready for you very soon and hopefully before the weekend. Certainly as the pre-sale offer goes on until December 31st there is no rushto take up the offer until the new feature information is available.

Well, I'm a sucker for iClone (despite never having really used it for anything) so I went ahead and ordered.  Hope like hell I'm part of the 1K first orders, because I'd really like to play with this in advance (particularly if you need feedback, as I've been beta on some major software company releases and was helpful to them).

By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
justaviking (11/25/2016)
Atonnis (11/25/2016)
iClone softcloth needs two things to be ideal:  1. Exporting properly so it can be used viably in other programs (even in Maya it has a fit working with the 10GB file).

The Alembic export from iClone has worked will with soft cloth.
Both the hair and dresses of dancing women has been exported and rendered in other software.
So there's hope.

Not from the latest version of iClone to Maya 2016 with a 10GB file.  Setting up perfect conditions and running a carefully scripted tutorial without explanation of what every option does, where they would be used best, etc is not a good tutorial.

The point of tutorials is so people UNDERSTAND what they're doing, so they can produce their own stuff.
By hattori kun - 3 Years Ago
Peter, do we get an IC6 license if we buy IC7 for $159?
By theschemer - 3 Years Ago
brothertcoleman (11/26/2016)
Hi I'm still a bit confused on what to buy?

I'm thinking I want this(1st picture),but what exactly does the Studio Pipeline (2nd picture)include for the price difference?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cfc6ed46-0f28-4ac0-aef8-b3fa.png

I too am wondering about this. I would like to see a comparison chart between the Pro, Pipeline, and Studio versions like they usually make with the other software for complete understanding of what you are getting. You also have to keep in mind if you go Pro with the thought you can upgrade to Studio later, the price difference will be a lot more later, so now is the time to get Studio. Smile
By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
Of course, there is always this supposed software that Stardock are working on that will supposedly allow you mash in almost any graphics card you want to improve performance.........
By 45thdiv - 3 Years Ago
I'm curious to know if iClone7 will support SLI (Multiple Nvidia graphics cards linked together).  Having 3 cards with only 1 card being used by iClone6 is a sad thing.  Why not take advantage of the multiple GPUs and memory?
By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
hattori kun (11/25/2016)
I'm continuosly impressed with this company. This is next level.

Don't sell out to Autodesk or Adobe. BigGrin

You say this, but if they can produce a product I can export viable product from then I'd be ecstatic to stick with iClone.  I went all-in with the pipeline and I've worked out a lot of workarounds and fixes for things to simplify the DAZ-iClone-Unreal process, but since alembic hit iClone and Unreal I can't use them.

People keep saying to me 'use Physx hair, just follow the tutorials on YouTube - create hair and brush it'.  Well when I do that I get explosive hair that doesn't go anywhere near where I want it.  iClone softcloth needs two things to be ideal:  1. Exporting properly so it can be used viably in other programs (even in Maya it has a fit working with the 10GB file)....and 2. A mass calculation of softcloth animation baking and export for multiple (even hundreds, even if it's one-by-one like the export from 3DXchange) of animations.

By animagic - 3 Years Ago
It would be nice to have a countdown number stating how many early access seats are left. I'm going to pre-order Pipeline because the price difference before and after release is significant (for me), but cash is tight right now.
By brothertcoleman - 3 Years Ago
Hi I'm still a bit confused on what to buy?

I'm thinking I want this(1st picture),but what exactly does the Studio Pipeline (2nd picture)include for the price difference?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cfc6ed46-0f28-4ac0-aef8-b3fa.png

By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
I was thinking more in terms of:

2 Card SLi In Use:
Data for first card - top half calculated and displayed.
Data for second card - bottom half calculated and displayed.

Each cycle requirements for shared texturing/models would be checked.

Thus minimising use on one particular GPU's memory when unnecessary.

Hey, I'm considering logic from the point of view of an IT bod, not a graphics engine/software driver/hardware developer.

By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
Sorry to harp back on about what I was talking about in the first pages, but since people are actually reading this thread I'm going to attempt to take advantage of anyone who has the knowledge...

Does anyone know why my alembic exports are not only 10GB in size regardless of animation length, and why the animation that exports with said character is absolutely as slow and clunky as it possibly could be in Maya and Unreal?  Also if you choose to export with textures, where do those textures go?

Also, does anyone have any tips on settings to choose.  The tutorial videos were all done out from the beta version and the alembic export window has changed.  I know what the skeletal, etc options mean, but what about the rest, including the type?
By ThomasXXL - 3 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (11/25/2016)

By 45thdiv - 3 Years Ago
I had a feeling that was going to be the case. Thanks.
By Peter (RL) - 3 Years Ago
I truly understand the frustration at the lack of information about what is coming in iClone 7. We do hope to have this ready for you very soon and hopefully before the weekend. Certainly as the pre-sale offer goes on until December 31st there is no rushto take up the offer until the new feature information is available.
By ThomasXXL - 3 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (11/25/2016)
ThomasXXL (11/25/2016)
Kelleytoons (11/25/2016)

after purchase you should have get Delivery Information Mails from Reallusion Store and there should be a Delivery information for "iClone 7 Early Access" including your serial number.
By Rampa - 3 Years Ago
AFAIK it has not happened in the real world yet, but DX12 is supposed to support memory stacking for multi-card configurations like SLI an Crossfire. AMD's "Mantle" is supposed to also be able to. I think either solution is going to require coding for it at the application level to take advantage.

Being that the type of cards that would be used in SLI/Crossfire are getting 6-8 Gig of VRAM nowadays, there may be little incentive for developers to bother. 

When we may see the fruits of this is anyone's guess!

So currently, you get more horsepower, but same memory, like has been mentioned. Do keep an eye on it though, because it may change in the future.
By justaviking - 3 Years Ago
Atonnis (11/28/2016)
Sorry to harp back on about what I was talking about in the first pages, but since people are actually reading this thread I'm going to attempt to take advantage of anyone who has the knowledge...

Does anyone know why my alembic exports are not only 10GB in size regardless of animation length, and why the animation that exports with said character is absolutely as slow and clunky as it possibly could be in Maya and Unreal?  Also if you choose to export with textures, where do those textures go?

Also, does anyone have any tips on settings to choose.  The tutorial videos were all done out from the beta version and the alembic export window has changed.  I know what the skeletal, etc options mean, but what about the rest, including the type?

@Animagic... Sorry to put you on the spot, but do your have any insight to share?  I seem to recall you doing some of the better tests when Alembic export became available.  Not tutorials, but demonstrations of success and proofs-of-concept.  I touched it and remember being impressed  with the export speed, but I haven't really touched it since the initial release.

By musicaz - 3 Years Ago
Will iclone 7 have an improved real time render engine ?
By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
We won't tell you what capabilities it has, what it will do for you that our other products do not.

We won't tell you what new technologies it uses, or any change in ease of features.

We won't even tell you when its actually due - just have random Facebook chats that seem to indicate Q2 2017 (that's the latest one I read).

All we'll say is IT'S ICLONE 7! BUY BUY BUY!

Well...not a chance until you can give me a working, stable and fast path for 'softcloth' or physics-based clothing or hair that is exportable to major engines like Unreal and give me a straightforward tutorial on how to do it.

Currently, I'm creating 10GB alembic files that open up as a vertically and horizontally rotated objects whose animations are jerky and unusable (that's if they don't crash).  The alembic export window has no explanation or guidance as to what options to use or why, and the lack of tutorials on it is extremely disappointing.  The ones I've seen are about the beta version and since the last update the export window has changed.

There are plenty of other features and bugs that need cleaning up in the 6.5+ area.  Don't try to sell me on 7 until I have confidence that you can give me a 6 that works for me properly.

Signed,
Gripey Atonnis the Moany-Boney (today anyway)

By lp_movies/tvs - 3 Years Ago
With every pre-order of iClone 7 package, you can request a free equivalent iClone 6 package while waiting for iClone 7 to arrive. so as long as you up gradeing or buy you can get iclone 6
By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
What I've seen is excellent in the way of model painting and scene lighting.

I just need other things. I would've preferred a video that showed a little bit of everything and as each video is released, it shows just a bit more awesomeness from each area... But it's their product and they get to market it how they like.

So far, nothing for me.  Eagerly awaiting other videos to see what could be for me...
By theschemer - 3 Years Ago
wires (11/26/2016)
There is a comparison chart of the packages on this page - you need to scroll down to the page bottom to view it.

The "Studio Pipeline Suite" contains:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b1909c93-0f30-42cb-b80e-55e1.png

There is more information available on the Reallusion Store page.

So the CC Essential Complete Bundle is the difference between the Pipeline and the Studio, correct?
Thanks,
TS
Uh. What is this coupon?
https://www.reallusion.com/member/memberdmt.aspx?id=2763&lang=1&utm_source=premium&utm_medium=webpage&utm_campaign=dmt&utm_term=iClone%207%20Pre-Order%20NOW!%20Upgrade%20&%20Get%20the%20Limited-time%20Exclusive%20Bonus!

We can get 10% on the pre order price?
By rogyru - 3 Years Ago
Atonnis (11/24/2016)

Currently, I'm creating 10GB alembic files that open up as a vertically and horizontally rotated objects whose animations are jerky and unusable (that's if they don't crash).  The alembic export window has no explanation or guidance as to what options to use or why, and the lack of tutorials on it is extremely disappointing.  The ones I've seen are about the beta version and since the last update the export window has changed.

MMmm okay i worked with alembic for a while  now . A 10GB  alembic file would cause you probelms with any application you use . Unless your producing a AAA scene for a major studio and rending on a farm  i just dont see why you would use a 10gb file. What is it your animating ? 

As for alembic i find its about the most reliable form of export when it comes to animation , problems are setting up mats and the time that takes. Some tests i did on alembic from Iclone never had a issue

Thanks for the Info LP regarding upgrades to IC7 Smile

Atonnis (11/25/2016)
iClone softcloth needs two things to be ideal:  1. Exporting properly so it can be used viably in other programs (even in Maya it has a fit working with the 10GB file).

The Alembic export from iClone has worked will with soft cloth.
Both the hair and dresses of dancing women has been exported and rendered in other software.
So there's hope.

animagic (11/27/2016)
It would be nice to have a countdown number stating how many early access seats are left. I'm going to pre-order Pipeline because the price difference before and after release is significant (for me), but cash is tight right now.

What is the difference between "member" price and "pre-order" price for Pipeline?
I see "member" vs. "regular," but I assume we can still get the member price in January or February, and the only loss is the early access and the lady pirate character.

*New* users have the most to gain or lose with the pre-order deal, if I'm reading it right.  Basically new customers can get the "member" price by pre-ordering.

At the top of the Pre-Order page, it says, "Secure Your Early Access & Limited-Time Exclusive Bonus."  So you can miss out on being the first 1,000 with early access and the lady pirate, but it does not say you'll miss out on the "member" price if you're an existing customer.

Did I miss something obvious?  (I've barely started my morning coffee, so I may be thinking less clearly than normal, which is saying a lot.)

ADDED:
One last thing... about the "first 1,000"

Do you ever see those ads on TV that say, "Order in the next 10 minutes, and you get a free replacement head for your new mop!"  Do you really think you won't get it if you called 20 minutes later?  I wonder if everyone who orders by the Dec 31 deadline is considered one of the first 1,000.  Yes, I'm speculating out loud, but that would make sense (typical marketing ploy to generate a sense of urgency.)  It has been reported here by a couple who have already pre-ordered have noticed they did not get any email confirmation telling they there were (or were not) in the first 1,000 people.
By rogyru - 3 Years Ago
Atonnis (11/25/2016)
rogyrue (11/25/2016)
Atonnis (11/24/2016)

MMmm okay i worked with alembic for a while  now . A 10GB  alembic file would cause you probelms with any application you use . Unless your producing a AAA scene for a major studio and rending on a farm  i just dont see why you would use a 10gb file. What is it your animating ? 

As for alembic i find its about the most reliable form of export when it comes to animation , problems are setting up mats and the time that takes. Some tests i did on alembic from Iclone never had a issue

I'm just exporting a 280 frame animation of a woman doing an animated idle position.  The character came from DAZ originally, and it happens with just about every DAZ character I work off.  I need high quality to start as these are primary characters, but I'm also smoothing out where I can.

On the occasions I have gotten the character into Unreal, I've never had a problem with all the areas that need materials, since an FBX export with all maps put into a folder (plus any spares picked up from the DAZ folder).  The characters always have each area separated for materials.

This might help you , If you can buy Decimator for Daz are if you cant afford that get a education copy of 3DMAX for free . And use its pro optimizer feature . I would say you need to reduce the Polys are faces by at least 30% on all Daz products as they are not made for animation and more aimed at Previz etc. Models will still all look great animated even with a large reduction in polys , just need to find a good balance .

4GB GPU + 4GB GPU = 4GB SLI GPUs

You do not get a system that acts like it has "8GB" of VRAM.

You can Google for detailed explanations of "why," but adding cards together does not increase the amount of memory.  I think the short explanation is they each have their own copy of the entire scene, but then coordinate which portion of it (or which frame) they render.  Consider a situation where they render alternate frames, each one needs to hold the entire scene.

There may be scientific software situations with custom drivers that behave differently, but that is the normal behavior for "gaming" systems.
By rgreenidge - 3 Years Ago
Thanks Atonnis, I think I'll wait until iClone7 is released now. I told myself after getting screwed with video editing programs to never buy one unless they offer a free trial, after buying one from Pinnacle because they had 5.1 audio, and Ulead now Corel, told me they were not going to make a 5.1 audio version in the future, but later did and I switched back. The Pinnacle company didn't offer free trials of there products, but Ulead did. So I bought the 5.1 audio version from Pinnacle, and it worked fine, until you finished the project and if you had a AMD processor or video card, you could not see the menu on the DVD you made, the menu screen was black and if you guessed right where the button was, it played. That was in October, and they didn't have it working until May, but only after you bought a new motherboard and video card. As a few folks said; iClone 7? You still have problems and things to fix with your iClone 6. I know there is no iClone 7 Pro, but as my beef has been that you call this a professional program, but you lowered the quality of your mp4 encoders, then will only let your encoder go only to a "8". Why do I have to use PNG sequential files, because you use low quality mp4 encoder? I cannot accept that with iC7 and it's probably the only thing I need. Other video editing programs are now using H265 encoding, will that be included? Is it in the plans maybe for iClone 7.0, .1 or .2? I'll be just wasting my time and money if it's not. Not everybody needs the same stuff, but I'm sure nobody spends time with details, CC avatars to have a fuzzy video. iClone 6 has given me just about everything I need. I can deal with the buggy final rendering when I have a large project, but that really needs to be fixed without me splitting up my scene. The new bells and whistles are fine, but let's make sure the old stuff is fixed first and works like it's suppose to. I don't really need iClone 7 for lighting, I can tweak the lighting and colors with all the lighting options that was added in iClone 6. But if you fixed or improved the output rendering engines that would make it easier on me. By the time iClone 7.1 may be out I will probably be finished with my movie. I just decided to not sit and wait. Why? Dates for soft or hardware are not written in stone. Bugs? I know about the new stuff, but what has been improved, fixed in the first version of iC7?  For those who don't know the difference in H264 (mp4) vs H265, here it is.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL22L0mRSDs  Yes I hear the H265 licensing is expensive, but some lower budget video editing programs have it now. If iClone7 is all of that, I won't mind missing the discount for pre-ordering. After my movie is finished, will I even use iClone again? It's not really in my plans. Have a great weekend.    

By scripture81800 - 3 Years Ago
hattori kun (11/25/2016)

I Hope you know that is not iclone 7. that is iclone 6 pro.

musicaz (11/25/2016)
I will buy the new Iclone 7 even if the render engine is not improved but i sincerely hope that it is. 

Look at the WIP video; it certainly has improved. It seems to have been completely redone.
By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
sw00000p (11/26/2016)
Atonnis (11/25/2016)...but since alembic hit iClone and Unreal I can't use them.

...Exporting properly so it can be used viably in other programs (even in Maya it has a fit working with the 10 GB file.

When you work with Game Engines... you should always "Optimize the Mesh" and Instantiate textures and props.
This ensures faster calculations and smooth compiling.
Using a "10GB" file is asking for trouble. w00t

That's the weird thing...FBX files are relatively small.  I thought that alembic files were just storing point cache data.  I don't know how to get all of the animation data exported for a particular model whilst still maintaining the smoothest animation at the lowest cost.

When exporting just animations as FBX files I'm getting 494k per animation and they match up with ANY character I've created with DAZ3D and exported as an FBX, and a detailed one I'm testing alembics against, without having optimised, is at most 25MB in size.

So what am I doing wrong?  I know I could smooth the character down more, but this is a primary character intended for close-up conversation.

Note: with the exported alembic file there are no textures or props.
By eternityblue - 3 Years Ago
I am wondering if/when iClone will get the ability to render in layers, in that sort of setup I am wondering if a card could be set to render all the character animation while another is rendering the terrain etc. And what kind of power supply would you need for two hard working video cards?
By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
animagic (11/28/2016)
45thdiv (11/28/2016)
I'm curious to know if iClone7 will support SLI (Multiple Nvidia graphics cards linked together).  Having 3 cards with only 1 card being used by iClone6 is a sad thing.  Why not take advantage of the multiple GPUs and memory?

The reason is that in SLI memory is shared, so it doesn't give you any advantage in that regard. You may get some processing advantage, but you have to contend with processing overhead between the cards. Your best investment is a single card with as much memory as you can afford.

I ask in query, not challenge - are you sure?  From what I've read SLi works by effectively drawing (1/amount of video cards you have in SLi) and thus eliminates the pressure on draw calls.  eg. 2xcards means the cards draw half the screen each drawn at each frame, which make it significantly less.

If that was the case, why would the memory be shared? Surely the SLi controller/bridges would take care of what needs to be allocated to which card?  Or is this just lazy coding by nVidia?
By wires - 3 Years Ago
@scripture81800

None of what is contained in the WIP video is possible inside the public release of any version of iClone 6. Watch the video all the way through and read the Disclaimer at the end regarding the GUI. They are demonstrating iClone 7 features using a hybrid IC6 UI. 
By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
rogyrue (11/25/2016)
Atonnis (11/24/2016)

I'm just exporting a 280 frame animation of a woman doing an animated idle position.  The character came from DAZ originally, and it happens with just about every DAZ character I work off.  I need high quality to start as these are primary characters, but I'm also smoothing out where I can.

On the occasions I have gotten the character into Unreal, I've never had a problem with all the areas that need materials, since an FBX export with all maps put into a folder (plus any spares picked up from the DAZ folder).  The characters always have each area separated for materials.
By Atonnis - 3 Years Ago
Good thing I just use a 1080 for primary and a 980Ti for PhysX then Smile
I'm only seeing 119 upgrade when I login.
159 for a new license of IC6 with pre access to IC7 is avail to existing IC6 users?
By wires - 3 Years Ago
There is a comparison chart of the packages on this page - you need to scroll down to the page bottom to view it.

@Atonnis: Others have already answered for me, but, yes, I am sure...Wink

SLI definitively gives you improved performance in some cases (benchmarks proof that), but the memory is shared; I guess so that each of the cards have access to the same data. AFAIK, it's the same with AMD cards (whatever their equivalent of SLI is).

It's hard to believe, but I have iClone scenes that are able to almost fill the 8GB I have in my current card, so more VRAM is definitely not a luxury anymore.
Looks like the savings for preorder are in the 20-70 bucks depending on which one you get.
0 if you're only getting IC7.
45thdiv (11/28/2016)

The reason is that in SLI memory is shared, so it doesn't give you any advantage in that regard. You may get some processing advantage, but you have to contend with processing overhead between the cards. Your best investment is a single card with as much memory as you can afford.
By musicaz - 3 Years Ago
I will buy the new Iclone 7 even if the render engine is not improved but i sincerely hope that it is. 
By RobertoColombo - 3 Years Ago
wires (11/26/2016)

I wonder whether the CC is going to be the same as of today or will they create a new version for IC7 ?
This could make a big difference in terms of Pipeline vs. Studio bundle...

Cheers

Roberto