Time to Learn iClone 6

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic302970.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
I downloaded some training materials from Reallusion and will start studying them during this upcoming holiday week.  In the interim, just tried some basic camera movements and animations with a couple characters.  Also played with character creator (although mapping in a photograph was not as easy as I might have imagined.

Enjoy...
By Grimhilda - 8 Years Ago

You are doing what I need to do!
I only used Iclone 6 a few times since buying it as well as a new computer to run it on.
Nevertheless I expect to upgrade to the next version.  The ideas for films keep on brewing in my mind - will they ever see the light of day?
Good luck - I like what you've done so far.

By justaviking - 8 Years Ago
@Dwacon,

What amazing timing... learning iClone 6 just in time for the announcement of iClone 7 pre-orders.  Tongue
That sounds like something I'd typically do.  Hehe

Have fun, and don't be shy about asking questions here as you transition from iClone 5 to 6.
By TheOldBuffer - 8 Years Ago
What little time I've had to use Iclone 6 this year has been spent "getting under the hood" as Mr Swooop would say.... just in time to now move onto Iclone 7.

By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
Irony.

The truly painful part... the stuff I recently purchased doesn't count towards the free iC7 upgrade.

Oh, the pain... the pain of it all... oh dear!

But, seriously... this could be a trend.  Maybe I will stick with iC6 until iC8 is announced...
By justaviking - 8 Years Ago
dwacon (11/23/2016)
But, seriously... this could be a trend.  Maybe I will stick with iC6 until iC8 is announced...

I don't mean to laugh at your pain, but that was funny.  I actually laughed - or at least chuckled - out loud.  Is "COL" a thing?

I do know how you feel.  Been there, done that, felt that pain.  Sure am looking forward to some more info about iC7 though.  PBR for sure, but I wonder what else.
By Peter Blood - 8 Years Ago
Will IC7 necessitate another computer upgrade?? I have IC6 but haven't been able to upgrade my comp as yet. Should I wait and get a super-mainframe similar to what the Defense Department has or will my IC6 upgrade run IC7?

Thanks
Cool pete
By wires - 8 Years Ago
peterblood (11/23/2016)
Will IC7 necessitate another computer upgrade?? I have IC6 but haven't been able to upgrade my comp as yet. Should I wait and get a super-mainframe similar to what the Defense Department has or will my IC6 upgrade run IC7?

Thanks
Cool pete

I don't know if Defense Department grade equipment is up to the task, try and find out what NASA are purchasing for future Mars Missions. SmileBigGrinTongueWinkHehew00tLaugh

Seriously though, I hope that RL release a REALISTIC spec sheet for IC 7, and not something that can just about choke it's way through a still frame render.

By animagic - 8 Years Ago
peterblood (11/23/2016)

Thanks
Cool pete

First graphics card with plenty of VRAM, then RAM, I would say. What do you have currently?
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
A medium to high-end gaming computer is best for iClone. I would aim for an i5 or better from intel, or the higher end AMD chips (8350, I guess). A powerful GPU with at least 4 gig of vram is a good idea. This doesn't mean other cards wont work, it just might work better.

Nice hardware comparing site. You can compare GPU's, CPU's, etc. http://www.userbenchmark.com
By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
I just saw a video demo of possible iC7 capabilities and am greatly impressed. Looks like a more photorealistic method of production. And, with better DAZ interaction, I may have to get serious on my next feature.