Crashing Issues - Possible Workaround (Mac) - UPDATED

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic302463.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
*** UPDATED ***

Hi Everyone,

For Mac users experiencing crashing or launch issues, please try the new interim 3.01 update.

Download using the link below and then double click the file to install.

http://file.reallusion.com/patch/cta/CTA301_Enu_Patch.dmg

Thank you. Please do let us know if this interim update helps. Smile
By mezstor - 8 Years Ago
Hello Peter,

After a long search i found the plis file. Now when i start up CTA3 it shows the loading screen without serial number. After that I get the same crash issue (even after rebooting my computer).

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

By CTA3fan - 8 Years Ago
Thank you.  Tried it.  Not working.  Still crashing.
By Edward (RL) - 8 Years Ago
mezstor (11/16/2016)
Hello Peter,
...Now when i start up CTA3 it shows the loading screen without serial number....

Hey, seems you removed the wrong path under /Library/Preferences/
The correct path was under ~/Library/Preferences/
You need reinstall CrazyTalk Animator 3.
And then, use Finder, in top menu choose Go > Go to Folder and input  ~/Library/Preferences/, and press Go
Find and remove com.reallusion.CrazyTalkAnimator3.plist

By eshu - 8 Years Ago

Just to clarify, there are two versions of this file. One is under your main drive, you'll find library/preferences etc. You have to go to "users" then under your main drive you'll find another library folder with preference. Once I found that version of the plist file, it worked. 
Thanks,

By mezstor - 8 Years Ago
Hello,

I want to thank everyone for there help.

I tried to find the plis file but couldn't find it in the library folder.

Now I got a answer from tech support and they found a solution!!!!!

I got a special file that called RemoveCTA3plist.command.

I double clicked on it and reboot my computer and than it doesn't crash anymore.

You have to click on no thanks till we get the last patch from tech support.

Also make sure that you uninstall en reinstall the program before you do all the steps mentioned above.

If its allowed by administrator i can put the link for downloading the file and the description from tech support in this post to help others in need,

Waiting for your answer and thanks everyone.

We have now released a new interim 3.01 update. Please see the first post  of this thread to download it. Smile
By barrie_mcdermid - 8 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

It seems we need permission.  Can we access the file any other way?

barrie_mcdermid (11/17/2016)
Hi Peter,

It seems we need permission.  Can we access the file any other way?

The link has now been updated. Apologies for the permissions issue. Whistling
By maarten_20120602111822330 - 8 Years Ago
OK seem that the new patch works for me : )  Thank you
By rpitman19 - 8 Years Ago
I have applied the patch and it has not resolved the issue
rpitman19 (11/22/2016)
I have applied the patch and it has not resolved the issue

If you are still having problems, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will work with you to resolve the problem.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx
By jennifer_43 - 8 Years Ago
I really need help (have submitted a ticket, but I don't have up to 48 hours to resolve this!)--I'm on a deadline, a very tight deadline. Using Mac 10.10.5, running CTA3 Pipeline. I have the latest Patch installed.

Everything was working great. This morning, I saved my project, quit the program, put my laptop to sleep, opened back up, launched CTA3. The program opened. I tried to open my project, it will not open. Message says, "CrazyTalk Animator 3 - Pipeline quit unexpectedly." Restarted my computer, tried and tried again to no avail.

I've read through this post and it seems a common solution is to reinstall the program. I just did that. And still the program will not open my project--just crashes. I created a test project with a dummy. Closed it, opened, and it now that crashes. 

Any thoughts or help would be mightily appreciated right now. Thank you.

By eshu - 8 Years Ago
I started having crashing problems again after trying to import a png file by drag and drop, so I reinstalled CT3, then this patch worked.
Thanks,
Eshu
By s_i_l_l_e_2209 - 8 Years Ago
Hi,
After the update (CAT301) the program starts.
If I click on Project >> custom, then the program crashes! (macOS 10.12.1 (16B2555))
...Supplement.
Now I have the problem synonymous with my macBookAir (macOS 10.12 (16A323))
I have contact the technical support!
By mezstor - 8 Years Ago
Hello its me again,Smile

I did the update 3.2 and now my CTA3 randomly crashes.
I did not wanted to update after a while because i had some problems in the past, but i thought that by now they would have a fully working update.

Pleas help.Smile
By mezstor - 8 Years Ago
Hey,

I don't get it. Everything worked fine after the delete command. Now for no reason at all it started to crash again. Than they have 2 patches (3.1 and 3.2), Non worked for Mac users. After complaining to tech support, They will give it to develop team.

Does somebody from Reallusion have a final and good patch/ solution?

I have been on this forum for a while and its always about the same problem.

I understand that every situation is different for every user but I will believe that there will be a fix just like cta2 runs smoothly.

I am starting really to get annoyed with the situation. I even read that there are people with a deadline and not can use the software that they bought.

It allways takes so long to get a answer on the forum and in the ticket system.

I feel like i have to deal with my problem and others to people in a higher position just to get a solution. I think as consumers we have the right that the software needs to work perfect just like any other device.

Respectfully and hoping on a final en good solution for Mac users,