07. CrazyTalk Animator 3.0 - Grand Launch

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic301444.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By soytinatiu - 4 Years Ago
I'm extremely disappointed by the upgrade launch "SPECIAL" we were promised as I see nothing special about it. It's just a plain vanilla upgrade for actually a higher percentage than most companies charge me for an upgrade to begin with. That's why they get oodles more of my money.
That said, I don't want to confuse the newbies or the 'oldbies'. As far as the program itself, it looks WONDERFUL and looks very well done. I DO recommend it strongly to both newbies and oldbies. The upgrade adds wonderful new features that make it a much better and more robust program -and I strongly recommend it. I WILL get it and can't wait to do so. It did not disappoint, and the fact they took the time to put in some last minute features suggested makes that even better.  I can hardly wait to get it though I'll have to wait for payday and won't be able to get the extras I was hoping I could.

By aidanodr - 4 Years Ago
Hiya,

I already have CrazyTalk Animator2 Pipeline. The price listed TO UPGRADE to CTA Pipeline3 is $149 ( reg $299?? )

I assume these are the correct prices once logged in to go from CTA Pipeline2 to 3? I ask because though i have CTA Pipeline 2 registered it is not showing up on my Order History BUT is in my Downloads & license History ..

Just making sure I have the right price BigGrin

AND I am a Premium Plus Member if that makes a diff also BigGrin

Me too. Thanks Gary.
To anyone out there thinking about getting this program whether an upgrade or a new purchase, I do have to strongly recommend it. I've never regretted getting anything to do with crazytalk/crazytalk animator or the packs such as power tools ... and I think most people will feel the same. They think through the upgrades really well, test it, get feedback, and have content packs/tools that make you smile. Remember, the special ends soon, so don't miss out.
If you want to take the product for a spin first, don't forget you can Download the free trial, which works for a couple of weeks to let you take it for a test drive if you want, though for me there's no question of that. (I downloaded it anyway as I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and try it out.
Update: I got it -the full version now. I just hope I don't have a weak heartSmile I have crazytalk animator 3, a piano, and traditional art equipment all in the same room. If you don't hear from me for year, you'll know whyWink
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
vincechua (11/9/2016)
Will there be any training course available for the CTA3 as I cannot see anything mentioned in the sale page on this. 

We will have a number of YouTube tutorials uploaded soon for CTA3. No decision has yet been made on a full training course but one may be available in the future.
By theschemer - 4 Years Ago
That is the correct price. I don't think the system will let you add the upgrade to your shopping cart unless it knows you have the required previous version.
By PrivA - 4 Years Ago

Look guys, the interface is fancy; some of the new tricks are amazing. unfortunately, not only does the new release have bugs but the upgrade price for members is also totally unfair. of course, anyone can walk away...but remember it's not a good look at all. 

with all due respect, i refuse to report bugs because I am not getting paid to QA. you guys should have released a beta version first. and, if you did, then more prospects are going to associate stress with your company name as certain issues popup. most unfortunately, it's logical to remove the cta3 program altogether.

also, please don't ban comments that are contradictory to your marketing. not only will the word get out fast, but also the forum, in which you built, should be used on your end to evolve your company. for sure, you guys need to conduct a QA immediately, re-release a different version with improvements and lower the price for impending prospects, take care of your existing customers because they are all going to find bugs. i doubt your company is purposely trying to stress out professionals, but this is about to be the case. do not make yourself a real illusion. 

1) For anybody that missed it the launch sale ends on the 23rd. I don't know if it ends at the end of the day or the beginning of the day however. Also for anyone that said they have everything,
2) notice that the power tools you can bundle this with are new power tools 1 and 2 for G3 characters so it gets you a better deal on that.
3) There used to be a program where if you had bought a lot during the year you would become a ruby or diamond or silver or gold member or something like that, and get a small additional discount on some things -but you had to activate that. Does that still exist? If so how can I make sure I've activated it before making a purchase?
4) I got lucky myself, but I strongly suggest extending the launch sale just a little because many people don't get paid that often and some won't get a chance to get a single paycheck between the time you announced the launch sale, and the end of it.The previous sale for new buyers lasted a long time, but this one for some reason lasts a small fraction of the time. I just barely lucked out but I doubt RL would like to miss out on any clients that were wanting to get their products any more than the potential clients would like to miss out on a great product. There are going to be some clients whose only obstacle to purchasing this products is you allowing them to have ONE payday between the launch announcement and its expiration.
That said, thank you for telling us the expiration date upfront. Thanks to that I will be able to get the produceSmile Otherwise I would have missed it by one day and I really want this product. It's what I need.
5) The deal is better if you get power tools. I hadn't noticed it was a new power tools at first, but be sure to log into reallusion.com to see your true price. I can't imagine someone not being glad they got the product as it really is a very good improvement. I wish I could send the upgrade team a Christmas card.
6) I wish I could get an advent calendar for this. I'm going nuts waiting for payday. Are there going to be sessions available for dealing with animation-addictionSmile (just kidding -kind of) I have a feeling this is going to be kind of like the piano, where I sit down and time stops until someone has to move me because I'm in the way. You sit down one minute, and the next thing you know it's dark outside. Good job! Now about that advent calendar....
P.S. For those like me who haven't been able to get it yet and can't hardly wait, you can download the free trial to learn to use it in the meantime (it lasts a couple of weeks) and be ready to hit the ground running as soon as you are able to purchase the real thing.

[b]The locations of your program and content files is shown during installation (and can be changed). By default CTA3 and CTA2 content will be installed in the template folders below and then in sub-folders like Character, Props Scene etc .

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 3 Template\
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 2 Template\

However if you are not comfortable copying content from CTA2 to CTA3 then it is advised to reinstall to avoid problems

I used to use the default for content, but now have next to no space on the main drive and tons on another drive. Is there a way to change it after the fact or only during installation?
By Tarampa Studios - 4 Years Ago
Ola(RL) (11/8/2016)
... Already purchased CrazyTalk Animator 3 during presale, get it HERE!

Wait, back up... what do you mean it's already been offered for presale? 

I've been hanging out, salivating for CTA3, since you first started asking for suggestions on CTA2... 
I missed out on getting it for free because I made a huge purchase the week before your special free offer, 
so I already had everything from both stores - so there was literally nothing left for me to buy.
... and I watch all your email newsletters religiously, but this is the first I've heard of it,
and only because a friend referred me to this particular page... 

Now I'm trying to find a buy-link, or upgrade link, and all I get is links for people who were somehow included in the in-crowd and should already have their keys... 

Why wasn't the launch or pre-sale mentioned on your reallusion facebook page? Or in general email newsletters? 
Or is this still only available for restricted members, for some reason? 
By lageva3 - 4 Years Ago
I saw some mention of possible full training for CTA3, I just want to give a yes vote to this possible training.
I don't want to play around with CTA3, I want to master it to the best of my ability, and I want to accomplish mastering it with utmost efficiency.
Please get started on this possible project!

Oh, I'm new here, hope this is in the right place.
I love CTA3 already, I have only used for it a few hours and I'm blown away.
Question, for anyone that can help.  The first time I brought a rigged character  into the back stage, I could see and record motion.
The second and more times I tried to do this the bones were not there and I couldn't record any motion.
I don't know if this is a fault of mine or the programs.

Thank You.

PrivA (11/23/2016)

Look guys, the interface is fancy; some of the new tricks are amazing. unfortunately, not only does the new release have bugs but the upgrade price for members is also totally unfair. of course, anyone can walk away...but remember it's not a good look at all. 

with all due respect, i refuse to report bugs because I am not getting paid to QA. you guys should have released a beta version first. and, if you did, then more prospects are going to associate stress with your company name as certain issues popup. most unfortunately, it's logical to remove the cta3 program altogether.

also, please don't ban comments that are contradictory to your marketing. not only will the word get out fast, but also the forum, in which you built, should be used on your end to evolve your company. for sure, you guys need to conduct a QA immediately, re-release a different version with improvements and lower the price for impending prospects, take care of your existing customers because they are all going to find bugs. i doubt your company is purposely trying to stress out professionals, but this is about to be the case. do not make yourself a real illusion. 

Thank you for the feedback.

Unfortunately there were a few teething issues with the initial 3.0 release that affected some users, but there has already been one update 3.01 which fixed the major issues. There will also be further updates to correct any other outstanding issues. As it stands now CTA3 should be fully usable by the vast majority of users.

By ms12 - 4 Years Ago
Based on the chart above, in order to create G3 characters does one no longer need Flas to create character for CTA.
By AriToons - 4 Years Ago
Hi people.

I have a problema with timeline,. Ill show you a video where you can see the problema. This happend.
This happens only with G2 and G2+ but G3 is ok.
Thamk you so much for help me.

By barrie_mcdermid - 4 Years Ago
Cheers Gary.  Will have a look at that.
By lageva3 - 4 Years Ago
That's sweet, great job!
By keny209 - 4 Years Ago
Great !
By PKwebmagician - 4 Years Ago
I hope Reallusion continue to support G2 Characters and 3D motions in the future. This is what I believe made CTA unique from other 2D animation software. What Reallusion need to do is include a way to custom create G2 sprites (9 angles I believe) so that we can create custom characters without having to resort to Flash.
A lot of my stuff like Buddy's world and my Gary Pye stuff isn't showing either.  Is there an easy way to address this?  I would have liked it to have happened automatically.

Trappola1957 (11/18/2016)
Crazytalk 3 pipeline ultimissima release : non riesco ad importare files photoshop (psd) mi dice : impossibile riconoscere tipo file  codec non presente sul sistema! ???

In questo momento non e possibile utilizzare questa opzione ma presto, nel futuro prossimo, ci sera un aggiornamento che permetterà utilizzare il formato psd. Può leggere a informazione su questo nel collegamento seguente, in basso a destra:
https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/

Dice: Create "G3 Characters form Photoshop PSD*
*Available in the Coming Patch"
O bene, -Disegni personaggi de Photoshop, con formato PSD*
*disponibile in il prossimo aggiornamento- 

Si racconto bene, credo che avevo visto una informazione che dice che presto ci sarà una nuova opzione per utilizzare questo formato nella prossima versione 3.x. Si trovo più informazione vi informo, naturalmente. Allora e possibile utilizzare JPG, BMP, GIF, TGA, PNG eccetera.

I had another question I probably posted in the wrong place but I'm sure other's share it besides me. I like to reflect varied types of characters from all walks of life, such as tall short young old, black white Chinese Hispanic etc etc etc. There are a number of really good characters on the market for this, and even some new animals starting with power tools and then some other ones out there.
Like many artists, I like and appreciate these, but also want to make my own, and make a variety as opposed. It appears CTA makes this easier, though I still need to investigate it a little more. In past versions there was an option to squish figures down in to hobbit or stretch them up. That can really come in handy sometimes, especially since it had a slider that allowed for making the effect less or more prevalent. Does anyone know if this feature still exists as I can't find it. 
By Ola(RL) - 4 Years Ago
CrazyTalk Animator 3 has three types of character, G1, G2 and G3.
The character differences between G3 and G2 is beblow.
While CrazyTalk Animator 3 support all functions in CrazyTalk Animator 2, the character differences between G3 and G2 will cause certain features can not be applied on G3 sprite-based characters.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a947d4e-add8-46be-9b35-5612.png
A lot of my stuff like Buddy's world and my Gary Pye stuff isn't showing either.  Is there an easy way to address this?  I would have liked it to have happened automatically.

ms12 (11/9/2016)
Based on the chart above, in order to create G3 characters does one no longer need Flas to create character for CTA.

You do not need to use FLA files to create characters (but this feature will still be available for those that want it). With the new G3 characters almost any image or photo can be animated all from within CTA3 (Pro/Pipeline)
aidanodr (11/15/2016)
Hiya,

I already have CrazyTalk Animator2 Pipeline. The price listed TO UPGRADE to CTA Pipeline3 is $149 ( reg $299?? )

I assume these are the correct prices once logged in to go from CTA Pipeline2 to 3? I ask because though i have CTA Pipeline 2 registered it is not showing up on my Order History BUT is in my Downloads & license History ..

Just making sure I have the right price BigGrin

AND I am a Premium Plus Member if that makes a diff also BigGrin

That is the correct upgrade price if you have CTA2 Pipeline. However do check out the bundle offers if you are also interested in any of the G3 content packs. Buying as a bundle can save you even more in the long run.
Gazzzzzzzz (11/19/2016)
HI Peter, I don't want to really ask this question - but here goes, what is the best way to get CTA3 to recognised all the previous 2d packs already purchased and installed ? 
Is it completely re-install all old packs again?  I suppose I could try to move the files into the correct folders ...but I never understand where RL install their files.  I install the application on F drive, some still goes in C: some on F.....I figure it's a random Drive selection thing  :-)  Thnx Garry

The locations of your program and content files is shown during installation (and can be changed). By default CTA3 and CTA2 content will be installed in the template folders below and then in sub-folders like Character, Props Scene etc .

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 3 Template\
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 2 Template\

However if you are not comfortable copying content from CTA2 to CTA3 then it is advised to reinstall to avoid problems
By Ola(RL) - 4 Years Ago
CrazyTalk Animator is the world's easiest 2D animation software that enables all levels of users to create professional animations with the least amount of effort. With CrazyTalk Animator 3, anyone can instantly bring an image, prop, logo, or text, to life by applying bouncy Elastic Motion effects. Inside CrazyTalk Animator 3 there are 2D character templates, and character motion libraries that combine with powerful 2D bone rigs, facial puppets and audio lip-syncing tools to give users unparalleled control for animated 2D talking characters for videos, web, games, apps, and presentations.

To know more about CrazyTalk Animator 3, please check HERE!
If you have technical issues, or you want to see a list of known issues, visit HERE!
To start learning CrazyTalk Animator 3, watch our online video tutorials HERE!
Already purchased CrazyTalk Animator 3 during presale, get it HERE!
Want to find out the upgrade options, click HERE!

New feature introduction:

If you have not seen the work in progress videos of CTA3, you can not miss out.
Work in progress I video
Work in progress II video

By Gazzzzzzzz - 4 Years Ago
HI Peter, I don't want to really ask this question - but here goes, what is the best way to get CTA3 to recognised all the previous 2d packs already purchased and installed ? 
Is it completely re-install all old packs again?  I suppose I could try to move the files into the correct folders ...but I never understand where RL install their files.  I install the application on F drive, some still goes in C: some on F.....I figure it's a random Drive selection thing  :-)  Thnx Garry
By ccsmith1 - 4 Years Ago
I believe the cost for the upgrade for CTA 3 pipeline is too expensive if you are coming from CTA 2 pipeline. Considering the price is a promotional price which leads me to believe the upgrade cost will be more. Right now do not see the upgrade as a good value
By Trappola1957 - 4 Years Ago
Crazytalk 3 pipeline ultimissima release : non riesco ad importare files photoshop (psd) mi dice : impossibile riconoscere tipo file  codec non presente sul sistema! ???
By animagic - 4 Years Ago
soytinatiu (11/23/2016)
I used to use the default for content, but now have next to no space on the main drive and tons on another drive. Is there a way to change it after the fact or only during installation?

The only way to do that is by changing the registry, so you must be comfortable with that.
ccsmith1 (11/18/2016)
I believe the cost for the upgrade for CTA 3 pipeline is too expensive if you are coming from CTA 2 pipeline. Considering the price is a promotional price which leads me to believe the upgrade cost will be more. Right now do not see the upgrade as a good value

Yes, exactly. I agree.
I do notice that the offers with power tools is a lot better and have to note that I didn't notice the first time around that those power-tools that the bundles are new, designed just for the new g3 figures, and make the deal much better. Of course I was one of the ones crying for 4 legged animals (or six if you want some animals/insects) so it gets RL on my Christmas card list.
As far as the product itself it appears to be well thought out and a very good product to have indeed, and it includes many of the features myself and others have been wanting. I'm pretty happy with the product, and glad I got it.
By vincechua - 4 Years Ago
Will there be any training course available for the CTA3 as I cannot see anything mentioned in the sale page on this. 

Bleetz (11/10/2016)
Ola(RL) (11/8/2016)
... Already purchased CrazyTalk Animator 3 during presale, get it HERE!

Wait, back up... what do you mean it's already been offered for presale? 

I've been hanging out, salivating for CTA3, since you first started asking for suggestions on CTA2... 
I missed out on getting it for free because I made a huge purchase the week before your special free offer, 
so I already had everything from both stores - so there was literally nothing left for me to buy.
... and I watch all your email newsletters religiously, but this is the first I've heard of it,
and only because a friend referred me to this particular page... 

Now I'm trying to find a buy-link, or upgrade link, and all I get is links for people who were somehow included in the in-crowd and should already have their keys... 

Why wasn't the launch or pre-sale mentioned on your reallusion facebook page? Or in general email newsletters? 
Or is this still only available for restricted members, for some reason? 

Hi Bleetz,

The release of CTA3 was widely announced on the forum and the website on the day of release so I'm not sure how you missed it. Ermm

If you wish to upgrade to CTA3 you just need to visit the Store page HERE to find all the great offers.
By garrypye - 4 Years Ago
Barrie, with regards to my content with n particular, you simply need to copy and paste the right files in to the correct folders of CTA3. So actors (.ctactor) go in to the actor folder. Props (.ctprop) go in to prop folder. Etc. it's not perfect or ideal, and if you have a lot of content I guess it could be lengthy, but that's what I've done myself.
By lesdodds - 4 Years Ago
Trappola1957 (11/18/2016)

Photoshop files (PSD) is not implemented yet.

animagic (11/23/2016)
soytinatiu (11/23/2016)

The only way to do that is by changing the registry, so you must be comfortable with that.

Thanks! I'm somewhat comfortable with that. If you or someone could go over that briefly it would be greatly appreciated. I'm using windows btw, and also have several products registered if that makes a difference. I see several files using regedit.... what file should I be looking for if you know off-hand? I've found more than one listed for a single program, and that would come in handy.
Thanks.