Where is it!?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic298950.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By dickymac - 8 Years Ago
I was sent this by Swoop.. from RL, because I was having problems improving the lip syncing in CT, but I can't find it anywhere in CT.. Can someone please tell me how to access this!?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d2ae3268-5073-4d69-a593-981f.jpg
By Cricky - 8 Years Ago
That is a Guide for iClone 3dXchange.  You can see it in the help here in the Help for the Pipeline version, amongst others:  http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/help/3DXchange5/Pipeline/04_Modify_Page/Face_Setup_Section/Setting_Lips_Shape_Data.htm

The same principles apply in any program that uses this type of data, including CT, DAZ, 3DSMax, iClone, etc... basically it is just a forming of the lips to simulate a particular Viseme. I'm sure it was provided as a sample of what the lips should look like based on the word or alphabetic character you want to see at any particular time on the playline for lip-synching.  
Hi Cricky and thanks for taking the time to reply!

I checked the link, I take it that the Visme option that I was shown, is not an option in CT8Pro?

It certainly would make editing easier if you had these to use... can't understand why they would leave them out.... could account for the many lip syncing errors that are generated!

Any thanks again!

In the English Language there are 44 phonemes.. consisting of the consonants, vowels and digraphs. Where particular sounds and lip forms, phonemes are similar... eg, D and T... these are group for the purpose of animated lip syncing.

Algorithms used in lip syncing applications would take account of the sounds produced and group of phonemes associated with that unique lip form.. phoneme. So if an application does not take use of these forms.. they would not be able to successfully mimic speech patterns.

Looking at the Lip Editor in CT.. ( I've not idea where to find 3DXchange in CT) it seems to have refined the 44 base phonemes of the English Language into  15 forms. So on average it is taking 1 form to equal 3 phonemes. This isn't bad, but it is limiting.

I have tried using the CT's set of 15 mouth forms that RL has used to represent the 44 phonemes.. to make adjustment and 'Clean Up!' but with some of the more standard phonemes being available it is more hit and miss.

The idea of a custom set of phonemes/forms is a good idea, but if you had the 44 phonemes to start with.... you could simple group them together yourself... thereby learning the phonemes and the similar forms all at the same time.. this would the a great idea, and exercise. for any would be animator looking at lip syncing.

The Mac computer I use has a very high spec, it has been serviced by Apple to ensure it is working as it should and the problem only occurs when I'm running CT!?

As for reading.... I've read the manual and followed online tutorials, but practice is very limiting, when the product doesn't work as it should!?

Thank you for your input!