Edit weight paint inside character creator " urgent tool "

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic297129.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Space 3D - 8 Years Ago
Export import model, cloth from Character Creator now connect with the other 3D tool.
Make cloth from the other 3d tool then bring to character creator -------> need editable tool inside character creator 

Tool inside character creator needed :
- Edit weight paint tool  ( Urgent for CC )  ------> edit on Blender , Cinema 4D fail to load on character creator.
- Edit grow, smooth ,hide etc ( Ready on CC )
This tool will make Character Creator for best " Model Generator "

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/df7fec08-6e6c-49bc-9d38-1c63.png
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
I would think RL is probably looking into a way to automatically rig and weight imported OBJ clothing. Having CC attach the clothing to the skeleton, and transfer the body mesh weights to the cloth as an import option seems like good idea to me as well.

Those same painting tools would be useful for the PhysX weight map as well.
By JIX - 8 Years Ago
Yes, that whole rigging process should take place inside CC. Such a workflow would only leave the modelling and texturing part to 3rd party software.
By wendyluvscatz - 8 Years Ago
I actually have a rather obvious solution I am surprised RL has not considered.
Could they make a duf fornat version of their bases that can load in DAZ studio, a standalone not DAZ or rigging mesh based like any other standalone figures by third parties at Renderosity etc such as Scarlet and of course Hivewires Dusk and Dawn?
Even a Poser version if on a roll!
Not only could it then use their programs tools to attach clothing but it could reach a whole new market in the DAZ/Poserverse.
Especially with a gaming license.
Obviously these bases will carry a price and since it has this use a dearer one.
By JIX - 8 Years Ago
Every efficient workaround is a good one, but a native solution will always be the best at the end of the day, I guess.

By Mythcons - 8 Years Ago
I think Reallusion would do well to look at and study the Mixamo/Adobe Fuse algorithm that rigs the character AFTER it is customized and clothed, instead trying to weight map clothing to an already-rigged character.
By JIX - 8 Years Ago
Sure! In terms of auto-rigging they should look at Mixamo, but I doubt that you can cover all rigging issues in doing so ...
Please ..... reference tutorial edit weight paint cloth by blender ( compactible with character creator )
By mrmdesign - 8 Years Ago
I would love to see the ability to tweak or edit weight painting inside Character Creator.
I recently ran into an annoying issue where my blender created gloves looked and worked perfectly in Blender and Unity but messed up when I brought them into CC.
I did everything by the book and have been pretty successful getting other items in but these gloves have caused me hours of headaches! They are not completely awful in CC but they do have minor abnormalities and stretching which does not happen in the apps above and it does not sit well with my mild OCD tendencies. ;-)

The versatility of iClone and CC and the wide variety of morphs are a blessing and a curse when you are trying to create something that is reusable in many different situations. 
I think .... yes .
Edit weight paint inside CC is important and urgent.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/694de347-6c7a-4e54-864d-9750.jpg
By JIX - 8 Years Ago
Yes, this issue has to be solved to unlock the full potential of CC.
By JIX - 8 Years Ago
For years?! CC is not that old. Wink
By Sen - 8 Years Ago
sw00000p (10/21/2016)
Space 3D (10/21/2016)
...Edit weight paint inside CC is important and urgent.

Very Nice request. Smile
This would require iClone to edit the mesh at the "Sub Object" level.
If Reallusion adds sub object editing.... iClone would become a "Modeler!"w00t

For years.... it's been a back and forth process.
...you'll get used to it.

Subobject level > not necessary , new method like voxel tech or other

Become a modeler > why ? Edit skin weight has nothing to do with modeling ... ex: akeytsu , you can edit skin weight at vertex level but not edit mesh .
By urbanlamb - 8 Years Ago
This would help a lot but as mentioned already in this thread I would be very surpised if they were not planning an autorig type option for weighting clothing to the bones.. it would still I think need some form of touch up ability though not all things autorig perfectly.   
By animagic - 8 Years Ago
I think modeling in iClone would add unnecessary complications, as a modeling feature set is kind of open-ended. We have the option to edit the mesh in Character Creator, which is useful, but I'm not so sure about a full-blown modeler. There other desirable features for IClone that would be more useful (better animation tools including a curve editor).
By doubledutch - 8 Years Ago
I think a package with skinweights that you can copy to our own cloths is good enough.
If you have good skinweights for pants/skirts/etc you can use it again.
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
sw00000p (10/23/2016)
doubledutch (10/23/2016)
I think a package with skinweights that you can copy to our own cloths is good enough.
If you have good skinweights for pants/skirts/etc you can use it again.

It's not possible to transfer skin weights from one mesh to a different mesh.
...Even if the vertex count is the same.... the vertex order will be different.

Note: This is not possible using (Different) mesh's.

Were you trying to say something else? Because transferring weights between meshes is a pretty common procedure.
By Sen - 8 Years Ago
Agree Rampa . 
By Sen - 8 Years Ago
No need to make a long speech .
Just one example because you use 3dsmax > just make a skin wrap with good setting .
This technique can be adapt with some algo , transfer texture .... by RL Dev Team .
Don't be focus always on 3dsmax , there are plenty of other technical through others 3d packages and 
others from demo , see siggraph , which can be used , bought , adapt ....

Sen, ... (Tutor)Ermm

How come you don't teach them anything?
Could it be, "If you teach them... they would have no need to purchase your content in the MarketPlace?"

personnal attack always ..... Hilarous from a 3dsmax users who used iclone for animate with RL motion made in 3dsmax by others ....

By Sen - 8 Years Ago
This is a wishful feature for CC . 

grr this is why i dont post on this forum much anymore.. if someone manages to get sen cranky its over the line....

So Swooop you need to learn to post in context.    The answers given in the thread before you started to go off on a tangent on useless information out of the context of the features being requested are well irrelevant.    In other words people can just ignore what you said ....

Everyone else posted in context of the problem being discussed.     I mean why dont i just drift into this thread and start talking about pbr or materials or something LOL.  

anyhow back to ignoring again .. why does everything have to become a battle Swoop stop trying to make war on people and insulting them its not nice and this is not a battlefield its a forum for people to discuss their passion.  Sad
By Sen - 8 Years Ago
Ok, so to return to the real subject of  the topic,  I think like others RL can implement this in CC . It can be a great addition to CC .
By doubledutch - 8 Years Ago
I have got a few times luck with a DAZ-dress.
In CC created standard avatar with dress from Delerna and export to fbx.
In Maya imported and select first the tunic and second the DAZ-dress, after that Skin > Copy Skin Weights.
That was the reason to suggest a skin weight package.
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
It would be awesome to have something that could properly weight a long skirt/dress/robe onto two legs, with proper blending of weights between them. Skirts generally end up rigged pretty much the same as pants with auto-riggers.
indeed if they use autorig (which I do like) i would need the ability to move some of the information around i prefer the pick a vertex and remove it from the group and add it to another group method for touch ups (along with the abilty to type in a weight value) as apposed to a 'brush' i find it easier to work with.  
transfering weight is more or less what DAZ studio's transfer utility does using near vertices so yes its possibe.
By hattori kun - 8 Years Ago
urbanlamb (10/24/2016)
In other words people can just ignore what you said ....

Don't we all do that when swoop posts? Especially about his multiple expensive software that he "owns" and brags about? BigGrin

+1 for edit weights in CC even though its perfectly doable to transfer weights from one mesh to another in another app, it would eliminate the need to import export meshes from CC just to test out deformations.