Which ReallUsion software do I need?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic293487.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By MrGDH - 8 Years Ago
Hi, I hope I'm posting my question in the proper forum.
I have absolutely no experience in animation, film making, or even drawings. I'm not artistic in that way at all. However, I'm interested in creating a talking youtube character. I initially thought Reallusion's Talking Heads 8 was the program I needed.

After discovering their suite of software: iClone, Talking Heads, Character Creator and others- I'm now confused as to which program I need! I suppose some of these programs are plugins.It appears many projects use multiple programs. I simply want to modify a preformed character, give her a preformed outfit (that I could possibly modify if needed), and make it talk using TTS.I'd like the option of some videos showing not just the head, but also the upper body and some showing the full body.
Which character creation program(s) do you recommend?
By Kevin.S - 8 Years Ago
For the presentations you want go with iclone 6' become a member by signing up on reallusion website and you can get the standard edition for $59.00 or pro for $119 it will do everything you want.

Iclone presentation I made, I think this is what you want but with your own ideas and art .

quick samples

hope this helps cheers

By MrGDH - 8 Years Ago
Thanks so much! Your examples are exactly what I want to do. I was beginning to wonder if  I needed CT8 to create the speaking heads and use iClone to add bodies to them.
Not really sure why anyone would use CT8 when iClone 6 does the same and more.

I'd like to ask you a few more questions via email,
By Kevin.S - 8 Years Ago
Sure email me anytime
By Kevin.S - 8 Years Ago
CT8 is more for animating 2d art pictures etc

sample

By MrGDH - 8 Years Ago
Done!

I subscribed to your Youtube channel as well.

Thanks again! Can't express my appreciation for the time you're taking out to point me in the right direction.
Impressive stuff btw!
By Kevin.S - 8 Years Ago
Sent you an email cheers..
By DGShiga - 8 Years Ago
Hi Kevin,

I was interested to see that you wrote that if you sign in as a member you can get the standard iClone 6 for $59.00 and the Pro version for $119.00. Even after signing in it still quotes me at $99.00 and $199.00 respectively. Any ideas how to get it at the lower prices. I am just about to purchase the Pro version, however as a member I would like to get the best price.
By Kevin.S - 8 Years Ago
Go to the reallusion website
Click upgrade members specials tab 
a link will appear for the reallusion store, click the link the store will open and at the top select iclone you will see it there.
make sure you are logged in you will see your account name at the top right.

You can also just click here and log in with your reallusion account then check.
 http://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic

If it does not work you might have to read on their website if you have to already own something to get member price im not 100% sure but try through your account on reallusion to get iclone.
cheers
By DGShiga - 8 Years Ago
Thanks Kevin!

Still coming up as the inflated prices even after signing in, but I will try the other methods you mentioned!

Thanks for your prompt response. Much appreciated!
By Kevin.S - 8 Years Ago
IF it does not work then you might have to already pre own software for the member discounts, I am not 100% sure on this, but i suspect you get the discounts after you own some of the software if its not working, a lot of software companies do that. You buy one product then get discounts on others, it kind of establishes you as a customer.

cheers.
By DGShiga - 8 Years Ago
Thanks again Kevin!

After doing a bit more research it looks as though you already have to have the trial version downloaded then you can get the members discount on the upgrade when you buy and download the full version.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!