Anyone succesfully using CT8 with windows vista?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic292181.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By MrGDH - 8 Years Ago
I just discovered this software, but it seems windows 7 is the minimum windows operating system requirement. I'm just wondering if anyone is using vista and what the drawbacks are.
After wrapping my head around the idea of paying so much for software, I'm hoping that I don't also have to purchase another computer as well.
Thanks in advance.
By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
Unfortunately you will need at least Windows 7 to use CrazyTalk 8. However providing your computer meets the system requirements HERE, you should only need to upgrade the OS and not buy a new computer. It's also worth remembering that Microsoft is offering a FREE update to Windows 10 until July 29th.
By theschemer - 8 Years Ago
It is not free for Vista users...Sad
By wendyluvscatz - 8 Years Ago
Yes sadly not, I have a crappy originally Vista Laptop I stuck Linux on simply because thats all it was worth doing to, if I could have tried Windows 10 on it I might have tested and liked it enough to risk doing on my main desktop but no way will I do that otherwise.
Its as if Microsoft realized Vista users were prob the unhappiest of all Windows users and the only ones who would leap at the chance of an upgrade so they are cruelly trying to make them pay.
By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
wendyluvscatz (7/27/2016)
Yes sadly not, I have a crappy originally Vista Laptop I stuck Linux on simply because thats all it was worth doing to, if I could have tried Windows 10 on it I might have tested and liked it enough to risk doing on my main desktop but no way will I do that otherwise.
Its as if Microsoft realized Vista users were prob the unhappiest of all Windows users and the only ones who would leap at the chance of an upgrade so they are cruelly trying to make them pay.

You are correct it is not possible to get Windows 10 for free if you are using Windows XP or Vista.

It was possible previously by installing the Windows 10 Preview edition and then upgrading that, but now you will need to pay. Although time is running out now, it might have been worth buying a cheap Windows 7 upgrade (around £30 in the UK) and then grabbed the free Windows 10 upgrade.
By MrGDH - 8 Years Ago
Thank you all so much for your replies! Apparently I wasn't subscribed to my own thread so I didn't realize the replies.-duh

Time to go shopping :-/