Galactic Blitz is now on Amazon Prime

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic289969.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
We are happy to announce that the Dwacon® Entertainment Original Series “Galactic Blitz” is on Amazon Prime!  

If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can watch at any time.  And, remember, July 12th is Prime Day.

By planetstardragon - 8 Years Ago
I'm Impressed Dwacon!    -   anyone can come up with an idea,  but not many follow it through! Congrat's on this amazing milestone!  Cool
By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
Congratulations Dwacon. Great to see your dedication and hard work being rewarded. Smile
By myless76 - 8 Years Ago
Congrats!  How are you finding sales on Amazon Prime?  Our movie is up on that, iTunes and Google Play and we get the vast bulk of our sales via Amazon Prime.  
By Peter Blood - 8 Years Ago
Gratz. Hope the sales are brisk. Smile

Cool pete
By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
myless76 (7/6/2016)
Congrats!  How are you finding sales on Amazon Prime?  Our movie is up on that, iTunes and Google Play and we get the vast bulk of our sales via Amazon Prime.  

We are getting revenue from the US and Germany mainly... with a little UK and Japan money trickling in.  Investigating means for getting the word out to more people.
Yeah i wish we had been able to get into the European and Asian markets.  Our film is only available in the US unless people go directly to our website.  What company did you go through?
By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
Getting lots of views... our primary marketing has been via social media.  We put out a couple press releases and are continually exploring more ways to get more eyes on our work.

Currently, Amazon Prime is displaying our shows in the US, UK, Germany and Japan.  We are working toward getting on China Mobile in addition to Netflix and Hulu.  It is an on-going process...
By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
myless76 (8/3/2016)
Yeah i wish we had been able to get into the European and Asian markets.  Our film is only available in the US unless people go directly to our website.  What company did you go through?

We are working directly with Amazon as a long-term vendor.  We are pursuing other platforms via Kinonation.

By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
myless76 (8/3/2016)

We worked directly with Amazon, giving us coverage in US, UK, DE and JP.  

We submitted to Kinonation to try and get Netflix, Hulu, China Mobile and a few others... been nearly a month and no word yet... but waiting.
Yes we went through Kinonation as well for a lot of other platforms.  They haven't been very communicative.  
By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
myless76 (8/22/2016)
Yes we went through Kinonation as well for a lot of other platforms.  They haven't been very communicative.  

Still on a learning curve with Kino.

One thing I have learned, is that 1080 P quality is not enough for them. I had to render a second time at 4K.

I will eventually document everything and may set up a class at CBS Studio City.
By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
One new discovery -- Kinonation prefers renders done in 4K vice 1080p.  They got the new renders and, still... hurry up and wait.

In other news, a bunch of wiseguys went onto The Black Larry David (http://amzn.to/2ar8Qpk) and left a bunch of negative and derogatory comments.  

SMH... 

Haters gotta hate, I reckon...
By 4413Media - 8 Years Ago
Except for that Paul Kersey guy, looking at his past reviews, he's like ten flavors of crazy. Other than that, I'm not seeing anything that screams out troll or hater. I see these reviewers as someone with  a Prime membership. Your videos probably shows up on their recommendations and they decided to give it a go. I get the sinking feeling that these people never heard of iClone either.

When you distribute your work through a platform like Amazon; you're leaving the safe zone of Reallusion forums. Those watching out there do not know what kind of work you put into. They only see the product as is. Not many people know how much work goes into a hollywood film, there's hundreds of people putting blood, sweat, and tears into it, but the filmgoers only see a two hour product. 

This is where it's going to hurt, but this review nails it.

substance over medium.

Film is a visual medium. A bad shot is the same as a bad line of dialogue. I feel that your work is often lacking in the visual part. I've pointed this out before in one of your old films as well. Study up on composition and lighting... it's one of the biggest issues I have with your work. 

It's tough... and not everyone will love your work, but it is what it is. 

By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
BenjaminTuttle (9/7/2016)

Film is a visual medium. A bad shot is the same as a bad line of dialogue. I feel that your work is often lacking in the visual part. I've pointed this out before in one of your old films as well. Study up on composition and lighting... it's one of the biggest issues I have with your work. 

Agreed.  Would be great to have a team involved, like in a feature film.  Doing 100% of the animation, lighting, sound and post magnifies subjectivity.  

Would be great to have a bunch of iClone artists involved on my next project... and bump it up to the better visuals of iC6.

Anyone interested?

Bueller?
By Kevin.S - 8 Years Ago
dwacon (9/7/2016)
BenjaminTuttle (9/7/2016)

Agreed.  Would be great to have a team involved, like in a feature film.  Doing 100% of the animation, lighting, sound and post magnifies subjectivity.  

Would be great to have a bunch of iClone artists involved on my next project... and bump it up to the better visuals of iC6.

Anyone interested?

Bueller?

I might be able to help on and off with some of your work.

This is only constructive criticism I am no expert or pro just a hobbyist but, I watched some of the videos they are not bad, but I would suggest you work with lighting and shadows, this would make a big difference. Animation is a visual stimulation of the brain, if you lack good visual stimulation people watching will get board with it vary fast and move on. If you have bad visuals you better have an excellent story to keep people's attention. I have noticed with a lot of iclone animations that people just dont take the time to set up lights and shadows and dont bother much with extra detail. Art is highly judged by everyone more so then almost any other field of interest. Try avoid using HDR lighting if you want better realism, no human or monster etc, beside maybe robots give off HDR lighting reflections, unless your a vampire that twinkles :-).

Cheers
By dwacon - 8 Years Ago
kevin.S (9/9/2016)
[quote]dwacon (9/7/2016)
[quote]BenjaminTuttle (9/7/2016)

I might be able to help on and off with some of your work.

This is only constructive criticism I am no expert or pro just a hobbyist but, I watched some of the videos they are not bad, but I would suggest you work with lighting and shadows, this would make a big difference. Animation is a visual stimulation of the brain, if you lack good visual stimulation people watching will get board with it vary fast and move on. If you have bad visuals you better have an excellent story to keep people's attention. I have noticed with a lot of iclone animations that people just dont take the time to set up lights and shadows and dont bother much with extra detail. Art is highly judged by everyone more so then almost any other field of interest. Try avoid using HDR lighting if you want better realism, no human or monster etc, beside maybe robots give off HDR lighting reflections, unless your a vampire that twinkles :-).

Cheers

That would be kewl.  I will hit you up when we have another project ready to animate.  Right now, working with writers putting together scripts for a couple projects.  Feel free to hit me up via email (in my profile) or Facebook as well.

d.c.