Question about smoother animation transitions

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic286468.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By jmcmahon - 8 Years Ago
First off, I am brand new to CrazyTalk Animator. I have scoured youtube for tutorials about animations using the pre-generated action sequences, however I can't find an answer to my question...

My question is as follows:
I would like to use the default actor animation sequences for my characters, at least until i feel confident enough to animate the actors myself. The problem I am facing however is that when i go from one animation to another, the "transition" between the two animations is non-existent and the animation looks like a bad cut. lets say, for example, actor Emma going from "Motion->3D->02_Idle->Normal_Female" to "Motion->3D->03_Talk->Talk_Presentation" - she will have a normal idle pose for the first 251 frames, but as soon as it hits 252, her arms will be up in the air in presentation mode. Is there a(n easy) way to combine the two animation sequences with a smooth animated transition, such as her moving the arms into position for the next animation sequence? Or will I have to transform her manually (ugh!) ?

Looking forward to your responses... I need to get this project finished by next week...
By Alien Maniac - 8 Years Ago
I am no expert...lol
I use the pre-made motions and tweak them it is easy. Also you can buy a Mocap xbox one camera (and RL Plugin) and PN sensors to make it all perfectly..
Thanks for your reply, Bray.

I really like the idea of using the xbox one camera and PN sensors - is the RL plugin for the camera or for importing the data to CTA2? Would you happen to have any resources you would be able to share (info, websites, etc)?
Also, as far as tweaking the motions, am I correct in assuming you're doing it through the 3D motion key editor and character transform on the timeline?

Thanks!

Bray42 (6/2/2016)
I am no expert...lol
I use the pre-made motions and tweak them it is easy. Also you can buy a Mocap xbox one camera (and RL Plugin) and PN sensors to make it all perfectly..

By Ibis Fernandez - 8 Years Ago
on the edges of the motions in the timeline you can stretch the edges so as to create a longer or shorter transition period. by overlapping this transition zones you create animation blends. 
YES!! That was exactly what I was looking for! I was wondering what those clear parts on the edges of the motions were for! now I just have to adjust the joint masking between motions. Smile

Ibis Fernandez (6/3/2016)
on the edges of the motions in the timeline you can stretch the edges so as to create a longer or shorter transition period. by overlapping this transition zones you create animation blends.