Realistic Human 100 pack - Iclone watermark

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic281070.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By jayjay.sec - 8 Years Ago
Hi, I just bought and installed the Realistic Human 100 pack. Unfortunately, the Iclone watermark seems to indicate that it is a trail version??? Not sure why it does this but will really appreciate any assistance in this regard.
By wires - 8 Years Ago
First suggestion, reinstall the pack. Second suggestion, if first doesn't solve the problem, select "Content 1-Click Verification" - this can take quite a lot of time depending on how much content you own. Third suggestion if 1 & 2 don't work, contact Reallusion Customer Service.

Finally, please avoid posting the same question in different areas, it makes it very difficult for other users to see if a problem has been solved.
Many thanks and really much appreciated.
My apology for the same posting in the different areas. I'm new to this forum and still trying to find my way about.

By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
jayjay.sec (4/17/2016)
Hi, I just bought and installed the Realistic Human 100 pack. Unfortunately, the Iclone watermark seems to indicate that it is a trail version??? Not sure why it does this but will really appreciate any assistance in this regard.

As the Realistic Human 100 pack can be used by different products (iClone, Character Creator, CrazyTalk 8) it is installed into the Shared Template folder rather than the normal Content Template folders. This means that using Content 1-Click Verification won't work for this pack unfortunately.

Being in the Shared Template folder also means that you will need to have an active internet connection at all times otherwise you will get a watermark. Do check that you are not trying to use the pack while offline. If you are, you should find the problem goes away when you reconnect to the internet.
By justaviking - 8 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/17/2016)
Being in the Shared Template folder also means that you will need to have an active internet connection at all times otherwise you will get a watermark. Do check that you are not trying to use the pack while offline. If you are, you should find the problem goes away when you reconnect to the internet.

At "all" all times?  Or only when you render your output?
By wires - 8 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/17/2016)

Why isn't this information printed in large, bold, red type on the product page? Just how much control do Reallusion intend to impose on honest, paying customers? Isn't it enough that we are forced to wait while each and every asset that we have purchased is encrypted before loading in a scene? Treating us collectively as thieves and criminals does not encourage good customer relations.

Many thanks  for the info but I have tried all the options as mentioned above. I am online 24/7 and thus that is also not the problem. I even purchased the export license at additional cost and once again downloaded the pack. Still there is no change and the watermark remains in place with me not being able save or export the character. This is the same for character creator and iclone 6

Not sure what to do now???
By wires - 8 Years Ago

Have you opened a support ticket explaining the problem? Here's the link again: http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks, yes I did shortly after our communication yesterday.
Hopefully will get an answer by tomorrow or day after.

And so, after finally solving the problem with the Realistic Human 100 pack after downloading it for a third time (2.6GB) and two wonderful days of a working product...today, we're back to the damn watermark for some unknown reason.
I opened  ticket again, and will most likely have to wait another three days for a reply. If I have to download this pack every few days to ensure I can actually use it, then I have to say, after all the years of working with Iclone, it might  just be time to look at other options...

Is there perhaps anyone else that have or had the same problem with this pack?
The watermark is in Iclone, Character creator and Crazy talk. Cannot use the pack in any of them.
Well, that's that...money down the drain...

By Alien Maniac - 8 Years Ago
Watermark:
I experienced that too....the solution was to go online.....they will not work offline.....they need verification. This will be fixed soon I hope.
1click verify ...does not work either.

Thanks, but I am on line and still does not work...
By Alien Maniac - 8 Years Ago
Sorry to hear that.....it worked for me.
Are you sure that they are in your "Shared Templates" folder? ?????
wires (4/18/2016)

Why isn't this information printed in large, bold, red type on the product page? Just how much control do Reallusion intend to impose on honest, paying customers? Isn't it enough that we are forced to wait while each and every asset that we have purchased is encrypted before loading in a scene? Treating us collectively as thieves and criminals does not encourage good customer relations.

Hi Gerry,

We do understand the concern and are looking into this issue. Unfortunately this is currently a limitation of the Shared Template folder and DRM content.

However if you only want to use the content in iClone then you can do the following.

1. Move RLHead folder from Shared Templates folder to iClone Template folder.

Copy From:-
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Shared Templates\RL Head\

Copy To:-
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 6 Template\iClone Template

2. In iClone 6 click "Help / Content 1-Click Verification"

3. Allow time for this to complete.

4. Move RLHead folder back to the Shared Templates folder.

This should then allow the content to be used offline in iClone.
jayjay.sec (4/24/2016)
Thanks, but I am on line and still does not work...

I have replied to you regarding this issue via Support. Please check for my reply.
By wires - 8 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/25/2016)

Hi Gerry,

We do understand the concern and are looking into this issue. Unfortunately this is currently a limitation of the Shared Template folder and DRM content.

However if you only want to use the content in iClone then you can do the following.

1. Move RLHead folder from Shared Templates folder to iClone Template folder.

Copy From:-
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Shared Templates\RL Head\

Copy To:-
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 6 Template\iClone Template

2. In iClone 6 click "Help / Content 1-Click Verification"

3. Allow time for this to complete.

4. Move RLHead folder back to the Shared Templates folder.

This should then allow the content to be used offline in iClone.

Thank you for the answer Peter.

I'm running the verification at the moment - with almost 60 GB of content I have I've no idea how long it will take to finish. w00t It would be nice if we could just select items/folders for verification when required instead of having Gigabytes of stuff done every time. It would also help if this action applied to iClone and CC for use, however I will keep my opinions of the unknown person responsible for this mess and waste of my time to myself.

Added: It would really be a great help if it were possible to minimise iClone during the verification process, I have no access to the icons on my desktop at the moment. CrazyAngry

More evil thoughts about software coders. AlienSickPinchUnsureSad

wires (4/26/2016)

Thank you for the answer Peter.

I'm running the verification at the moment - with almost 60 GB of content I have I've no idea how long it will take to finish. w00t It would be nice if we could just select items/folders for verification when required instead of having Gigabytes of stuff done every time.

Hi Gerry,

I know it's probably too late now but you can try the following to avoid having to re-verify 60GB of content.

1. Rename your original iClone Template folder from the location below to something like iClone Template_Ori

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone6 Template\iClone Template

2. Then create a new empty iClone Template folder and move the RLHead content you want to verify over to this new empty folder.

3. Now run Help > Content 1-Click Verification in iClone. This should now take just a few seconds.

4. Finally you can move the RLHead folder back to the Shared Template folder, delete the temporary iClone Template folder, and then rename the iClone Template_Ori folder back to iClone Template.

This should save you a lot of time. Smile
By wires - 8 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/26/2016)

I know it's probably too late now but you can try the following to avoid having to re-verify 60GB of content.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG.  CryingSad

Over 5 hours and only at 78%. w00tSickUnsure

Thank you for this timely information.Whistling

By justaviking - 8 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/26/2016)

Or... if we could buy it and be done, that would save a lot of time too.  Wink

By VirtualMedia - 8 Years Ago
I have railed against the RL DRM policy so many times I feel like it's gave a number of members a horrible impression of me.  I admit I tend to react, then re-evaluate, but there have been numerous occasions when I'd be in a coffee shop or hotel lobby.. working on a IC project and felt humiliated when people would walk by and it looked like I was a cheapskate using trial-ware.

I'm security conscious and don't like to disable my firewall when using public wifi.  So I'm either aggravated and humiliated with watermarks plastered all over my projects or paranoid about someone stealing my online credentials.

I refused to purchase the realistic humans pack because of this and is another example of how RL's militant DRM policy is effecting their bottom line. 

I can't say enough about how patient and helpful Peter has been helping us resolve these issues, but RL really needs to re-evaluate how they treat their customers.  I'm fine with activating all content and having it tied to a PC. But contacting the mothership every single time we use a product we've purchased is NOT COOL!
By Snarp Farkle - 8 Years Ago

I have used this avatar created with a RLHead and morph sliders for several weeks, changing outfits, etc.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a233bc54-2669-491c-a691-4267.jpg

But now there's a "NEW" yellow marker on the thumbnail and when I load it I get a water mark, in the modify section it shows the base eyes and base teeth as needing purchased!  One click and or activating does absolutely nothing and I can no longer use this avatar in CC without first sending it to CC from iClone!  What the...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/221fde75-d68a-4647-83b5-4377.jpg

Installing a RLHead in CC by sliding it on the avatar from the folder used to work...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2ef8218e-cd0e-4b92-815c-2161.jpg

But not anymore...

Tried using the base avatar but got a water mark there too, then tried to send it to iClone just for the heck of it but the base eyes and base teeth won't allow it.

After installing the head in iClone to the avatar I've referenced above then sending the avatar to CC the water mark goes away.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/31c366a1-0b68-4e92-b06f-06bb.jpg

This process takes way too long to complete and doesn't make me a happy camper that I can not use content that I paid for in CC or the avatars that I've already been using. Sad
Now I can not modify or create any CC avatar made with the RLHeads without DRM water marks or warnings.  This example is an avatar that I have just made some modifications to.  The Small People is a morph slider that I created with all content that I own and have rights to, the rest of these items related to the essential body morphs I also own export rights to, not sure where to go from here, uninstalling and reinstalling... AGAIN... is probably next, but the point is that I shouldn't have to. Sad

By VirtualMedia - 8 Years Ago
I'm with you Snarp Farkle  - Great username - btw

I completely understand protecting IP, and would despise people who would pirate and use RL content and not contribute to the development of it. However there needs to be a way to protect their content that's less aggravating for their customers.
VirtualMedia (4/30/2016)
I'm with you Snarp Farkle  - Great username - btw

I completely understand protecting IP, and would despise people who would pirate and use RL content and not contribute to the development of it. However there needs to be a way to protect their content that's less aggravating for their customers.

I agree VirtualMedia, I have no problem with protecting content, validation of content needs to be put in an encrypted user license file and updated by RLDownloader when we purchase content, I thought this was the way it worked already but there's obviously a problem there, and content should never be released until DRM has been fully implemented to be recognized by the user's license files, as in RLHeads for example, this would solve all these aggravating watermark issues, in my opinion, but I've been wrong before lol! Tongue
Hi Snarp Farkle,

Sorry to hear of your problems.

The Realistic Human 100 pack requires you be online when using this content. If you are trying to use this content offline then that will be the problem. The problem can also be caused when your security software is blocking access to our verification servers. Do check in case this is the issue.

As the purpose of the Realistic Human 100 pack is for it to be shared between different products (iClone, Character Creator and CT8) it does require that you be online when using these contents.

However we do have a workaround but this will limit the content to being used only with iClone 6 and CC. If you later wish to use it CT8 you will need to install the pack again.

Please can you try the following to confirm if this is the case.

1. Rename your original iClone Template folder from the location below to something like iClone Template_Ori

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone6 Template\iClone Template

2. Now create a new empty iClone Template folder and move the RLHead folder you want to verify over to this new empty folder from the folder below.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Shared Templates\

3. Now run Help > Content 1-Click Verification in iClone. This should now take just a few seconds.

4. Now move the RLHead folder back to the Shared Template folder.

5. Delete the temporary iClone Template folder you just created.

6. Finally rename the iClone Template_Ori folder back to iClone Template.

Do try this and see if it helps resolve the problem with the RL Heads.
By rbritt - 8 Years Ago
Just purchased the realistic human 100 pack, and have the same problem with watermark. Never had this problem with any other purchases. There must be some way to patch the problem ?

Just a thought...............if the pack was placed into the template folder of the three programs.., would this work???
rbritt (5/10/2016)
Just purchased the realistic human 100 pack, and have the same problem with watermark. Never had this problem with any other purchases. There must be some way to patch the problem ?

Just a thought...............if the pack was placed into the template folder of the three programs.., would this work???

We have a new Beta version of the Content Downloader available. This should resolve the problem with the Realistic Human 100 pack.

Please download and install using the link below. Then install the pack again which should resolve the problem.

http://file.reallusion.com/Downloader217_Enu.exe

Note: This is still a Beta release so we can't guarantee it is issue free. Only download if you are having watermark problems with recently released packs.
By rbritt - 8 Years Ago
Hello Peter,
YES!!! Installed the Beta downloader etc etc and all is now ok.

Thanks and Cheers

By phil_78 - 7 Years Ago
"Why isn't this information printed in large, bold, red type on the product page?"

This is a good question, which didn't receive an adequate answer. 

It's understandable that there can be unavoidable technical limitations to any product.  It's not understandable that such limitations are not disclosed upfront.   I shouldn't be learning about the above issues from a frustrated user, I should be learning about them directly from RL on the sales page. 

Imho, the 3D industry as a whole just isn't ready for prime time yet.  I see these kind of data management problems everywhere I go in 3D land.  One very efficient solution to all such problems can be to hang back from the cutting edge, be patient, and wait for 3D to mature.  Let someone else fund the developer learning curve.