have to reinstall iC5 and 3Dx5 pipeline

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic277376.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By wendyluvscatz - 8 Years Ago
I have to reinstall iC5 and 3Dx5 pipeline everytime I modify something on my computer!
or it just closes immediately after opening
fortunately iC6 and everything since etc seems free of this bug
iC4 used to do it too.
this time it was an extra monitor and a new modem, I am guessing it's some DRM thing
annoyingly it is not in my content library either only my serials so nearly always end up getting patches downloaded for my old installations too.
Prob as a result of upgrading or getting it as a beta tester unsure, I do have the serials there just not the installers.
I am wondering if there is an easier way to avoid this
I frequently change hardware, replaced my Motherboard and C drive time before.
Oh I can also get the installers via an old email link so RL have them somewhere just not in my account., just the serials.
Most annoying thing is having to move my template folder so my bought content does not get overwritten and needed to be downloaded again, it all verified ok no watermarks this time, often have to do that too.
Still some marketplace stuff I have not redownloaded last time I overwrote it.
I think my issues arise partly because none of it is on my C drive.
By Snarp Farkle - 8 Years Ago
Wendy are you using USB drives for your content or hard drives connected to the mother board?
The program is on a hard drive E connected to my mobo but the content folders were on an external powered USB F drive, I now have them on the E drive in my box as well where iC6 ones are.
My C drive is a very small SSD so keep what I can off it.
I have all my DAZ/Poser content libraries on that external F drive too and the still existing duplicate iC5 content folder is linked via shortcuts to iC6's content menu, often they do not show though, I generally then drag and drop them in from WinEx. I figured it was a limit of using shortcuts.
I can understand then that drive dropping out but the program should still work just not find content.
duplicate
By planetstardragon - 8 Years Ago
i usually have to clean out my registries before re-installing any rl products in my system.   The junk that's left behind in uninstall,  i've found,  is the reasons problems keep coming back.  so i kilteded it with ccleaner b4 installz and it works good now!