popVideo Converter 2;

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic275158.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By gcshep - 8 Years Ago

Hi I seethat there is :

Limited-time Pre-sale Special Offer: 

Buy popVideo Converter 2; get popVideo 3 + theSuper VFX 200 content pack for FREE!

But no reference to existing owners of popVideoConverter 2; are we expected to buy it again?

By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
Hi.. You are not expected to buy popVideo Converter 2 if you already own it. You can just upgrade to popVideo 3 for a discounted price when it is released. Smile
By gcshep - 8 Years Ago
Thank you Peter that answers my question
By jlittle - 8 Years Ago
Will  the Super VFX 200 content also be included with an upgrade?

Jeff
jlittle (3/13/2016)

Jeff

Hi Jeff... I will check this with the sales team and let you know.
By jlittle - 8 Years Ago
Thanks Peter.

Jeff
By richard666 - 8 Years Ago
peter i had a similar question but as yet i have not received an answer. i bought the pop converter 3 early to get the FX pack but it will not open.
regards richard
jlittle (3/13/2016)

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

The Super VFX 200 pack won't be included with the basic upgrade, however the sales team will have some special upgrade deals available that will include the VFX 200 pack.
richard666 (3/18/2016)
peter i had a similar question but as yet i have not received an answer. i bought the pop converter 3 early to get the FX pack but it will not open.
regards richard

Hi Richard,

The special offer is a pre-order. popVideo 3 and the Super VFX 200 pack have not been released yet. As soon as popVideo 3 releases your download links will become active.
By Alien Maniac - 8 Years Ago
ATTENTION PETER::::::::::::: A HEADS UP TO RL.
This is um confusing PEOPLE, according to this announcement by RL below.

PETER....I think this WEB page needs to be changed. PVC3 IS a new upgrade version and not an UPDATE.  So yes it should be sold as such to previous PVC2 purchasers. That is normal correct? LOL i KNOW THAT IF THIS IS TRUE, RL would have many angry PVC2 users.

http://www.reallusion.com/popvideo/
It's great news for us to announce that popVideo Converter is soon releasing version 3!
Besides the previous functions in version 2, this new version of popVideo has many new features, including full HD video conversion (now up to 4K), and the dual-resolution popVideo format that gives you the highest final video render quality while allowing you to smoothly play-back when previewing in real-time. The newly added Timeline can deal with different chroma-keying scenarios. And you can also export transparent videos in industry standard AVI and MOV formats for practical use with any 3rd party video editing software.

Buy popVideo Converter 2,
get popVideo 3 + the Super VFX 200 content pack for FREE!

Bray42 (3/18/2016)
ATTENTION PETER::::::::::::: A HEADS UP TO RL.
This is um confusing PEOPLE, according to this announcement by RL below.

PETER....I think this WEB page needs to be changed. PVC3 IS a new upgrade version and not an UPDATE.  So yes it should be sold as such to previous PVC2 purchasers. That is normal correct? LOL i KNOW THAT IF THIS IS TRUE, RL would have many angry PVC2 users.

Buy popVideo Converter 2,
get popVideo 3 + the Super VFX 200 content pack for FREE!

Now I'm confused. We are currently running a pre-sale offer where you buy popVideo Converter 2 now and get popVideo 3 and Super VFX 200 FREE. This is the same thing we have done with all our products in the last few years. What is the issue you have with this kind of offer because I'm not clear. Ermm
Lets wait and see what it ends up costing the existing users of PVC 2.
RL says the Pre release price is $79.00 for all 3:
1. PVC 2 
2. PVC 3
3. Super  VFX 200  (FREE)

So that means current users of PVC 2 our discounted price for both:
1. PVC 3
2. Super VFX 200
Should be less than that price of $79.00

The list price for PVC 2 was $99.00
Is this right?
Of course when the products are released the prices go up and that is when current software users get their discount prices for upgrading.
We shall see..........
By jann - 8 Years Ago
Bray42 (3/22/2016)
Lets wait and see what it ends up costing the existing users of PVC 2.
RL says the Pre release price is $79.00 for all 3:
1. PVC 2 
2. PVC 3
3. Super  VFX 200  (FREE)

So that means current users of PVC 2 our discounted price for both:
1. PVC 3
2. Super VFX 200
Should be less than that price of $79.00

The list price for PVC 2 was $99.00
Is this right?
Of course when the products are released the prices go up and that is when current software users get their discount prices for upgrading.
We shall see..........

Hmm.. cheated by Reallusion again? Ermm

New customers: 
popVideo Converter 2
popVideo Converter 3
Super VFX 200
Pre release price $79.00

Old loyal customers upgrading from PVC2 to PVC3:
popVideo Converter 3
Super VFX 200
Member Price: $89.00

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd0bac60-3612-4082-bd0c-d679.jpg

Peter

NOW......... can you understand? Nothing personal Peter......we do appreciate you being here for us! This is an RL PROBLEM.
I hope this UN-CONFUSES  RL.!
As you  stated Peter:
This is the same thing we have done with all our products in the last few years. What is the issue you have with this kind of offer because I'm not clear. Ermm

AND THAT IS MY ENTIRE POINT
Thanks RL but NO THANKS. I refuse to buy it and I hope everyone else does too. You deserve that for making us pay $10 more than the original Pre-release offer and telling us we will get a deal to upgrade after release. Users waited and now must pay MORE? Whaaaat? What is fair about that? Seriously, Someone at RL needs to wake up and get their act together. 

A message to RL::::::::::Sad

RL has lost my trust and respect. Lets put our cards on the table shall we. Since IC 5 we have purchased items. Then IC6 came out and many of the items will not work correctly as RL states for IC6. Why are they advertised as such? 
and then there is,

PVC 2
Works fine on WIn 10....even though RL says it does not in their comparison charts.
That seems a very deceptive business practice to me. Intentional or just um human error???. We trust you to give us all the facts correctly only to see we get incorrect info and higher costs.

Your hard work and products are not without our praise and admiration BUT,
Perhaps it is time to explain this to your faithful trusting customers as this is the proven norm for RL. We want an answer. We deserve it.
This is meant to help you to understand your liability and responsibilities as a business and your earned respect in customer relations. We love you guys and what you do for us so why treat us this way? We are not ignorant nor stupid and do have a choice of what we buy from RL.

If anyone else agrees please say so here and now.
By jann - 8 Years Ago
jann (3/24/2016)
New customers: 
popVideo Converter 2
popVideo Converter 3
Super VFX 200
Pre release price $79.00

popVideo Converter 3
Super VFX 200

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd0bac60-3612-4082-bd0c-d679.jpg

The price has changed!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/644dc49d-0ac6-4a74-831d-d993.jpg

By toonarama - 8 Years Ago
If you own pop video 2 you should have received an email with a special upgrade price
By jann - 8 Years Ago
toonarama (3/25/2016)
If you own pop video 2 you should have received an email with a special upgrade price

Yes, i got it. Quite late. Almost too late, as i was just about to buy it and pay too much.
jann (3/24/2016)

Hmm.. cheated by Reallusion again? Ermm

New customers: 
popVideo Converter 2
popVideo Converter 3
Super VFX 200
Pre release price $79.00

popVideo Converter 3
Super VFX 200

Jann nobody is being cheated. The pre sale offer is not exclusive to new customers as you seem to imply. Existing customers can still take advantage of the offer if they wish.
Bray42 (3/24/2016)
Peter

NOW......... can you understand? Nothing personal Peter......we do appreciate you being here for us! This is an RL PROBLEM.
As you  stated Peter:
This is the same thing we have done with all our products in the last few years. What is the issue you have with this kind of offer because I'm not clear. Ermm

Thanks RL but NO THANKS. I refuse to buy it and I hope everyone else does too. You deserve that for making us pay $10 more than the original Pre-release offer and telling us we will get a deal to upgrade after release. Users waited and now must pay MORE? Whaaaat? What is fair about that? Seriously, Someone at RL needs to wake up and get their act together. 

Bray pre-sale offers are great deals for BOTH new and existing customers to get new software at great prices. These offers are not restricted to new customers.

However should you decide to wait and upgrade in the normal way you can, but I'm not sure why you would think that the price should be the same (it is this case though). That is the whole point of sale prices. They are cheaper than normal prices and in some cases cheaper than normal upgrade prices.

However in this case existing popVideo Converter 2 users are being offered the upgrade for same price $79 not $89 so your comments are actually incorrect.
By jann - 8 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (3/25/2016)

Jann nobody is being cheated. The pre sale offer is not exclusive to new customers as you seem to imply. Existing customers can still take advantage of the offer if they wish.

No they can't - as the pre release is over. The price (member price) was raised by $10 (to $89). However, next day the price got changed down to $79, as it is now on the page. And some time later i got a mail with an upgrade price $59. Very confusing.
By jann - 8 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (3/25/2016)
Bray42 (3/24/2016)
Peter

As you  stated Peter:

Bray pre-sale offers are great deals for BOTH new and existing customers to get new software at great prices. These offers are not restricted to new customers.

However should you decide to wait and upgrade in the normal way you can, but I'm not sure why you would think that the price should be the same (it is this case though). That is the whole point of sale prices. They are cheaper than normal prices and in some cases cheaper than normal upgrade prices.

However in this case existing popVideo Converter 2 users are being offered the upgrade for same price $79 not $89 so your comments are actually incorrect.

Sorry to say this, but actually it's you who are incorrect. The member price was $89 yesterday, but $79 today. Upgrade price is now $69.
Jann

I think we are just wasting our time and breath here. Interesting that you got an email with a new price, I did not. RL is NOT good about alerting us by emails to much of anything except new packs for sale. I find out most all info on the forums and mostly too late. LOL humm

I have tried so many times to help them see that they can improve in a lot of ways but it seems to go nowhere.  Now, I won't even bother trying. What is the point if they do not understand it or simply sidestep it.

Mind boggling, isn't it. LOL
By jann - 8 Years Ago
Yes, Reallusions pricing communication is very confusing and chaotic. I don't understand why they can't give a clear message. The price got a jump up (that was maybe an error?), but seems to go down now. I bought the popVideo Suite for $69 - but now i wonder if it was a good or bad choice as the price might soon change again?

I tried to make a price overview, i think it goes like this:

PopVideo 3 suite (popVideo + Super VFX 200)
Pre release: $79 (ended)
List Price: $178
Early Bird Special: $99
Member price: now $79 (release member price: $89)
Upgrade price: $69

popVideo 3
List Price: $99
Early Bird Special: $89
Member price: $69
Upgrade price: $59

It looks quite logical and fair when you see it as a one collected list. The problem is that Reallusion provides the information in pieces and over longer time period, so you never get the whole picture - until it's maybe too late. Like now, as it seems that some popVideo 2 owners still haven't got the upgrade mail?
I think they got the message is why the change. I hope in the future they remember this and get the current users a good deal right off the bat as any new user gets for a Pre-Release. That is the whole point made here. That applies to all RL products. All users deserve that. RL is a great company with great hard working people producing their amazing software products but is lacking fairness in this area. Time will tell if that changes.