Character creator not launching

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic273916.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By tonyconz - 8 Years Ago
Hi
I have installed CC and updated with the patches, but it wont launch - not from the desktop nor from the file folder. Has anyone any ideas what the problem is? 
By Snarp Farkle - 8 Years Ago
I haven't had CC not start up but did freeze a few times since the 1.4 update, there's been some issues with the recent updates, you might try to re-download and reinstall the update if you haven't already.
Thanks for your reply. I've actually done that already, might try again, but so far no joy.... Sad
Any other ideas?
Right, I've gone back to version 1.2 but still no luck. I've tried running it in compatibility mode too, but nope, still wont launch.... Sad
By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
tonyconz (2/29/2016)
Hi
I have installed CC and updated with the patches, but it wont launch - not from the desktop nor from the file folder. Has anyone any ideas what the problem is? 

Sorry to hear of your problems starting Character Creator. Can you post your system specifications including graphics card.

Do also try switching to the DirectX 9 version of Character Creator and see if this allows you to successfully launch CC.

You can select either the DirectX 11 version or the DirectX 9 version of Character Creator.

You can do this by going to Start > All Programs > iClone Character Creator 1 and then select "iClone Character Creator Graphics Mode Selection". Then select the DirectX 9 version.

Does this work ok?
Switched to DirectX 9 and I can launch CC ok
Thanks, now I can get to try it out! 

Hi there, well I've tried both CC and IC6 in DirectX9 mode and want to try to see the difference in DirectX11 mode - my rig should be adequate to run them both, but neither will launch when set to 11. 
Can anyone advise what I need to do?

system spec added in file below.

By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
tonyconz (3/18/2016)
Hi there, well I've tried both CC and IC6 in DirectX9 mode and want to try to see the difference in DirectX11 mode - my rig should be adequate to run them both, but neither will launch when set to 11. 
Can anyone advise what I need to do?

system spec added in file below.

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately the problem is with the graphics card. We have found that some models of the 500 series simply refuse to work in DirectX 11 mode. Sadly we have found no way around this at the moment other than to use DirectX 9 or to upgrade to a newer graphics card. I'm sorry I can't bring you better news.