Feedbacks on iClone4 help

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic27387.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Visconti - 15 Years Ago
Dear Users

The iClone4 online help is keeping developed.
We welcome any comments and suggestions under this thread before we finalize it for print version.

Thanks
Visconti

By planetstardragon - 15 Years Ago
a wiki would be nice. This way reallusion can start it with the help files and users can add tips and tricks to it / as well as answer most frequently asked questions on this forum ...all in one spot.
By grinnbear - 15 Years Ago
Good idea! The wiki has been a huge help to me, along with this forum, and many others.
By Pulp3d - 15 Years Ago
I really prefer a pdf or detailed written documentation of some kind, with STEP BY STEP instructions on all aspects of the program. The demo videos are pretty worthless IMO and they sound like a sales pitch, not a tutorial. Wikis are notoriously unreliable because anyone can change the info.
By sumthinwong - 15 Years Ago
Please include a project oriented manual that covers all aspects of the program. If it helps, you probably have the expertise on this forum to put one together if contracted. Too bad this didn't coincide with the release of IC4. Maybe by IC5?
By krazy - 14 Years Ago
hey how do u make avatars walk
By safegaard - 14 Years Ago
sumthinwong (10/23/2009)
Please include a project oriented manual that covers all aspects of the program. If it helps, you probably have the expertise on this forum to put one together if contracted. Too bad this didn't coincide with the release of IC4. Maybe by IC5?

Yes. That would be very usefull. One project with all covered and it would be lovely if one could get in an PDF to.

Smile
By Peter (RL) - 14 Years Ago
krazy (11/22/2010)
hey how do u make avatars walk

Hi.. There are several ways to make an avatar walk. The simplest is to Right Click the avatar, choose Walk Forward, and then click anywhere in the Preview Window and your avatar will walk there.

Alternatively you can switch to Director Mode and use the W, A, S, D keys of your keyboard to move your avatar around. Check out the online help guide (press F1 in iClone) for more information.

By MotiveWeight - 14 Years Ago
johncarstarphen (10/23/2009)
I really prefer a pdf or detailed written documentation of some kind, with STEP BY STEP instructions on all aspects of the program. The demo videos are pretty worthless IMO and they sound like a sales pitch, not a tutorial. Wikis are notoriously unreliable because anyone can change the info.
I completely agree that the domo videos are pretty worthless....yes they do sound like a sales pitch....a tutorial should be a more detailed step by step guide...please, please, please give us MORE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.
By rontarrant - 14 Years Ago
johncarstarphen (10/23/2009)

I concur.
By tonylongland - 13 Years Ago
Agreed on the quality of training available. A well-written, detailed manual is a must for a product like this. It has a lot of potential, but the amount of time spent trying to figure out how to make things work is incredibly frustrating.

Please, Reallusion, get a professional technical writer to put together a manual and maybe some videos. Remember - training is an investment, not a cost.
By hgagne - 13 Years Ago
Agree with the comments thus far.

The current documentation is written around the features of the product, which is useful for advanced users within this market segment. 

The visual tutorials are too fast paced and do not cover all of the details required in achieving the steps demonstrated in the tutorial - even after viewing such tutorials several times.

IMHO;

The documentation should be expanded to cover product and industry workflow for the markets which Reallusion is looking to provide service in.  I'm certainly not suggesting that the manual should cover all aspects of the given industry, but it should provide sufficient details to get from start-to-finish on a sample project.  Most folks are capable of expanding from there.

In depth documentation should also be provided for extremely advanced users who are looking to eventually produce content as well as a list of recommended (approved) software applications to use for such purposes.

Cheers,

By mjordy - 13 Years Ago
Thanks Peter for posting this out,because when one right-clicks the walk command the avatar walks in different paths. The missing detail for control was "clicking" on a prefered point in the preview window.
Another "glitch" in Iclone 4 is when the suv with animated doors is right clicked to "driver gets in," sometimes the driver lags behind sound and door and gets in in mid air,but attached to car!