Stuckon3d Image Gallery

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic27300.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By stuckon3d - 15 Years Ago
On this thread I will post images I created with ICLONE 4. I hope this will inspire fellow ICloneers, new and old. Wink

IMAGE 1:

By Paumanok West - 15 Years Ago
Very nice! . . . but no solar panels?
Image 2:

By Capemedia - 15 Years Ago
Beautiful stuff Stuckon3D BigGrin
thanks guys Smile , here is the next image

Image 3:

Image 4:

Image 5:

Image 6:

Image 7:

Great showcase for the power of the new lighting tools! Brings a new level of realism.
By Bigboss - 15 Years Ago
Wow ! Amazing !!!
By omanuel - 15 Years Ago
Awesome lighting in those images, stuck! Thanks for posting BigGrin
By safegaard - 15 Years Ago
Very very nice.Smile
The following image was created with 3d blocks and 3d surfaces included in iclone only. With a little creativity you can create a complex look.

IMAGE 8:

BTW, thank you guys for the kind words, comments and critics are always welcome. Wink
By aknzrdude - 15 Years Ago
awesome thread chris - the examples really show how iclone can go beyond machinima making to include still life digital art
aknzrdude (10/6/2009)
awesome thread chris - the examples really show how iclone can go beyond machinima making to include still life digital art

Thanks Gabe Smile , still life digital art is fun , but I'm thinking bigger! What you are seeing before you is not a still, its a movie in the making. These are actual 3d worlds, you can move through the bushes of the Jungle Ruins images, you can be the one running away from the Dungeon Evil or the one fighting the dungeon evil. The fanatsy image is a classic fight of good vs evil as well. The scene with the 3d blocks could be the opening of a shot of a wizzard or mage creating a potion of destruction. These images are made to show people the infinite possibilities of movies you can create with iclone, and the kind of quality image you can have if you put effort into it. Every single still image here came straight out of Iclone, no post work was done to it. Think about it! Your imagination is your only limit. Smile
By DELETED2 - 15 Years Ago
I really like this one in particular. Very nice composite. I love the wall.
Armstrong

stuckon3d (10/5/2009)
Image 7:

This is a work in progress, I still need to add the wizzard casting an ice spell and have it collide with the fire from the dragon. It should be a fun challenge. I'm also going to balance the lighting a little better on the dragons.

PS: the new dragon pack rocks!
By Raven2angel - 15 Years Ago
they all look brilliant Smile
By Dulci - 15 Years Ago
Your work here is very inspiring!
Thank you dulci, you are a doll indeed. Wink
here is the dragon finished.

added more fx

more eye candy using the garden pack

By Alley - 15 Years Ago
Absolutely stunning!! Smile
By afterThought - 15 Years Ago
I think this last one is my favorite yet! Wonderful stuff. Smile
By Christy0 - 15 Years Ago
Great images stucton3d, the composition in them is excellent. Love the new lighting FX too. Smile
By davidjosue007 - 15 Years Ago
Your pics are very nice, iClone is endless...
thank you for all the kind comments , i would have answer sooner but i did not want to bump my thread for no reason. I will only post when i have a new image to show. Cool

Halloween is around the corner so...

TRICK OR TREAT?

By Wolfzone Digital - 15 Years Ago
I'm digging this latest halloween horror shot. Way cool
By Alley - 15 Years Ago
Halloween shot kind of creepy but really well lit - thanks for more inspiration. Smile
Thank you wolf and Alley. Smile
Here is a less bloody one Wink

ATTACK AT DAWN

HOLY BADGERS WHISKERZ!!! That is SO damned sexy!!!!! Right down my Avenues. Tongue I DO like this one.!.!. I love the light on the horse as well!
WAY. TO. GO. w00t
Thank you guys, glad you like them Smile
here is another fantasy type one, i did this one using the Dungeon Pack from Arteria3d and Evil force pack:

The Challenge

By Alley - 15 Years Ago
Aside from the totally awesome scene set-up/lighting, etc. - I'd hate to see what happens next. Tongue
Alley (10/26/2009)
Aside from the totally awesome scene set-up/lighting, etc. - I'd hate to see what happens next. Tongue

BigGrin I was thinking that maybe the knight can tickle the monster to death with the toothpick he has. Wink
By gizmo - 15 Years Ago
Thats good.
I created this space image for Grinnbear as an example of lighting in space. All models are from 3d warehouse, all I did is tweak the textures and light the scene. I hope you like it Grinnbear. This is an example of a cool color key light coming off screen a la star wars style. BigGrin

By JMartin - 15 Years Ago
The Force is strong with this one Tongue  Great work Stuckon3D!!!
Here is an underwater scene.

Now that is some GREAT stuff. That scene render is fantastic. Great to see solid use of the software showcasing its capabilities
Yeah, the underwater shot is brilliant!

I was impressed enough to go the trouble of checking something in Paint Shop Pro, because I find the color balance a little hot on the cyan side.

Try lowering the saturation significantly and see if you like the result.
thanks guys, here is another with a ship_wreck Smile

By Dulci - 15 Years Ago
Love that shipwreck Smile
THAT is so beautiful. I like that shot alot. WHat are you going to do with it. The colours and the above water flare are excelling.
Beautiful work.
By siesar.music - 15 Years Ago
Very good pictures !!

I like so much !!

Wink
By siesar.music - 15 Years Ago
uuuuhhhhh the underwater scene is incredible !!

Super realistic and wonderfull !!

You and me one day will "must" make a work together BigGrin Wink
Thank you everyone for your comments Smile
Here is an image i created using the middle easter pack from Arteria 3d, hope you like it.

BTW i dont now if you noticed but that Biosphere pack is paying for itself as well. All the plants i needed for all my images, I was able to find them in the Biosphere pack!
By Alley - 15 Years Ago
Those images are totally awesome!!  The underwater with the light  from above and the middle east scene....makes me want that pack!!!  Great job stuckon3D! Smile
By Illustrator Cathy - 15 Years Ago
Wow Stuckon - these images are outrageous! Especially the underwater ones. Just beautiful!

Cathy Hehe
Thank you Ladies, here is a romantic one. I call it eastern sunset. Wink

By martok2112 - 15 Years Ago
stuckon3d (10/5/2009)
thanks guys Smile , here is the next image

Image 3:

If I may caption this great pic:

"I'm Gumby, dammit!" Smile

Great image. Well done!
Amazing how lighting can immediately change the mood...excellent lighting work done on the Eastern Sunset, stuck!
omanuel (11/2/2009)
Amazing how lighting can immediately change the mood...excellent lighting work done on the Eastern Sunset, stuck!

thanks oliver,
you should thank my father in law, he was the one that asked me if I could relight a scene, to show what a difference it can make to change the mood of a shot. And I thought that was an excellent idea so there it is. Smile
Just like a good script for a story, good lighting is essential for a story as well. It is not only to allow people to see the scene, but also, lighting is a tool to guide the audience how to feel and where you want them to look at on the screen as well. To me :
"lighting is the art of painting with lights".

Stuckon3d

I call this one "Bring it on!"

By Dulci - 15 Years Ago
Now that one is just COOL!
It just keeps getting better and better! Smile
thank you Ladies and Gents for all your wonderful comments, if there is an image style I have not covered and you would like to see, please let me know here and I'll give it my best shot in trying to recreate it. BigGrin
By Christy0 - 15 Years Ago
stuckon3d, all these illustrations are brilliant, I thought you could only produce images of such quality with the likes of Max, Lightwave or Maya, but you have enlightened me to the power of iClone when in the hands of an expert like yourself.

One day I hope I can produce such excellent images with iClone. Smile

christy0 (11/5/2009)
stuckon3d, all these illustrations are brilliant, I thought you could only produce images of such quality with the likes of Max, Lightwave or Maya, but you have enlightened me to the power of iClone when in the hands of an expert like yourself.

One day I hope I can produce such excellent images with iClone. Smile

Awwwww Shucks! you are making me blush man Blush thank you. Smile
Well, I don't know if you seen the thread with the lessons im going to be teaching soon, I would suggest to take a few and I will tell you why?
While anyone can become a master of all softwares with enough practice, not everyone will become an artist by mastering them. And that is what Iclone is, a tool, a tool to help you express your visions.
In my classes, im not just going to tell how to use the tools, but how you can apply it in an artist way to help you unleash your visions. I will also teach some basic principles, for example:
1) In modeling, i will teach you to push a model to its limit without making it heavy. I will show you what can be done texturally without having to model it.
2) In texturing, I will show you how different material behave in real life and show you how to recreate them in the Iclone world.
3) In lighting, I will teach the basic principles and them show you how to translate that with Iclone lights, IBL,HDRI, and tone mapping.

Well I think you get the point by now. I'm going to teach iclone from an artist point of view, because any can teach you that 2+2=4, but an artist can also show you how if you turn a four upsidedown you can use it as a chair. '-l l-, in iclone Tongue

best of luck to you,

Stuckon3d

PS: Dulci can i enter this as an entry to the Awwwww Shucks! contest. Tongue
Bravo as usual, Stuckie. I agree that this shows us iClone images do not have to look second-rate or fakey.

I LIKE your attitude about teaching iClone in an artist context. In that spirit, I have a deep question for you.

How do you make decisions about scenery so that the scenery is rich and provides lots of convincing detail but AT THE SAME TIME does not steal the scene from the actors?

Another way to put this is: how seriously do you wrestle with preventing an audience from fumbling around a moving picture, not knowing where to look?
Paumanok West (11/5/2009)
Bravo as usual, Stuckie. I agree that this shows us iClone images do not have to look second-rate or fakey.

I LIKE your attitude about teaching iClone in an artist context. In that spirit, I have a deep question for you.

How do you make decisions about scenery so that the scenery is rich and provides lots of convincing detail but AT THE SAME TIME does not steal the scene from the actors?

Another way to put this is: how seriously do you wrestle with preventing an audience from fumbling around a moving picture, not knowing where to look?

Hi Paumanok,
please call me Cris or stuckon3d or SO3d, but please not Stuckie. Now... about your question:
here is a little exercise for you. Take a look at my last image " Bring it on" and tell me from one to ten the first things that your eyes go to, then the second thing, then the third and so on. I think that once you see the list, it will tell you the answer to your question. After, please show me the list either here or on a PM and tell me what you think the answer is. Then ill tell you if the answer is correct or not and why. Deal? Believe me this is a good training exercise. I'm not being lazy or anything. Promise. Wink

good luck,

Stuckon3d

Well, I tried to make it to the AWWWW Shucks APE competition but I did not have time for motion refinement, so here is a still from the animation im working on. On this one IWall-E was some impressed by jimmy toons costume and Awwww shucking about it, that he ran into a light post. Tongue

Hope you like it. Smile
By Peter (RL) - 15 Years Ago
Absolutely stunning images Stuckon3D. The visual imagery you create is jaw-dropping. Congratulations.
Nice one Cris. great colours in that render
stuckon3d (11/6/2009)
[quote][b]Take a look at my last image " Bring it on" and tell me from one to ten the first things that your eyes go to, then the second thing, then the third and so on. . . . Then ill tell you if the answer is correct or not and why.

Ummmm. There is no right or wrong answer; it doesn't work that way. The audience looks at what the audience looks at; you have to test with an audience. Pixar, Dreamworks, Disney . . . they all worry about this.
Paumanok West (11/9/2009)
stuckon3d (11/6/2009)
[quote][b]Take a look at my last image " Bring it on" and tell me from one to ten the first things that your eyes go to, then the second thing, then the third and so on. . . . Then ill tell you if the answer is correct or not and why.

Ummmm. There is no right or wrong answer; it doesn't work that way. The audience looks at what the audience looks at; you have to test with an audience. Pixar, Dreamworks, Disney . . . they all worry about this.

Hi Paumanok,
Believe it or not there is an answer, and while people may not agree on the first item that attracks their attention, I will bet you anything their top three items in their list will match one way or another. One persons number 1 answer will match with anothers person number 3 in their list and so on. Why? because it was design that way. I guided the audience to look in that direction. And how i did it is the answer to your original question. I will start a new thread on the training forum and i hope everyone will participate. Wink

here is the thread: Click here

PS: thank you peter and wolf for your kind word. Smile
for me the first thing that stuck (pun intended) out was the background house followed by the glass sculpture - it lead my eyes away from the walle character and towards the boy
aknzrdude (11/9/2009)
for me the first thing that stuck (pun intended) out was the background house followed by the glass sculpture - it lead my eyes away from the walle character and towards the boy

Thank gabe, but that was not the image i was talking about. The image is call "bring it on" .
The toon image is still a work in progress. I will definitely take your advice in consideration and tone down the white of the house to push it back. thanks Smile
By sumthinwong - 15 Years Ago
My guess would be foreground objects
sumthinwong (11/10/2009)
My guess would be foreground objects

Great answer sumthinwong. Can you posted that again on the "how to" thread i started on the training forum. I am thinking of starting some mini lessons in that area. HERE

Thank man,

Stuckon3d
I call this one " Lover's Lane" I created this image to show that you can simulate many more lights than iclone can actually handle by using "Glow" maps. I hope you like it.

This is one of the many tricks you will learn on the texturing class. Wink
That's awesome! I always find night scenes incredibly difficult to light properly.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Amaaaazing. This is really a good meal for the eys - BigGrin
By sjonesdc - 15 Years Ago

Wonderful.   You made me laugh.  THANKS !!!!

sjonesdcHehe

STILL LEARNING!!!!!

By jleao - 15 Years Ago
Just amazing, really really amazing. This was all done with IC4? Can you make us a tutorial on this?
Awesome, stuckon....that was one wild turkey! BigGrin
By Alley - 15 Years Ago
That was great!!Smile  Loved how the turkey kicked the plate and your candle reflections on the wall.

Did you make the turkey with clone bone?

By nigel - 15 Years Ago
I really like this, I knew Iclone was capable of the amazing. Maybe you should send the link to 'Paxo' (stuffing) They may ask you to put their logo in.

http://www.premierfoods.co.uk/our-brands/grocery/paxo/
Awesome work Cris. Fantastic
thank you everyone for your wonderful comments Smile this is my first music video ever in iclone. I dont know why some people think they are boring. They are a lot of fun to make and watch. Wink
Here is a second pass at the animation. I have one more to go, which will be special effects and some more camera tweaks here and there. I'm also going to enhance the lighting on certain close up shots.
I'm posting the progression, so that people can see how far you can push iclone 4. Enjoy! BigGrin

By Rainman - 15 Years Ago
That was truly amazing work! Very clever and excellent everything Smile I've heard of the funky chicken but that was off the hook! BigGrin
By Dulci - 15 Years Ago
I absolutely love that crazy turkey. The lighting in this video is outstanding (but when it comes to your work, that's what I expect!)
The race is on!

Waw. What a great still. It´s almost alive  and i toke my self in hearing the wroom wroom from the cars in my inner space *G* -

You rely hit my fantesi with this one and it become alive. Smile

safegaard (12/3/2009)
Waw. What a great still. It´s almost alive and i toke my self in hearing the wroom wroom from the cars in my inner space *G* -

You rely hit my fantesi with this one and it become alive. Smile

Thanks man, I know what you mean, I cant wait to animate this scene. Smile After I'm done preparing all the classes Wink

Stuckon3d
Here is a little sneak peek (work in progress) at my holiday short coming soon

Here in Portland, we have a street called "Skidmore." I want you to put up a street sign that says that! Tongue

(Note that near Skidmore, we also have Going and Falling Streets).
Paumanok West (12/21/2009)
Here in Portland, we have a street called "Skidmore." I want you to put up a street sign that says that! Tongue

(Note that near Skidmore, we also have Going and Falling Streets).

Actually, that is funny. I think i will, thanks for the input. Smile

wow that is a very nice scene
By warlord720 - 15 Years Ago
Great looking scene!
By stuckon3d - 14 Years Ago
Here are a couple of images i did for the lighting class

Here is a little animation test of one of the images above from the lighting Class

By afterThought - 14 Years Ago
Oh... that is so wrong! Smile
afterThought (1/8/2010)
Oh... that is so wrong! Smile

Oh come on! you've never seen animal planet before. BigGrin
By Capemedia - 14 Years Ago
The bunny get's it LOL Tongue
By Paumanok West - 14 Years Ago
Wabbit. Wabbit fwicassie. Vewy nouwishing.

(I think the red in the ball clashes with your production palette; otherwise, scary-good.)
By Wolfzone Digital - 14 Years Ago
Hah. That was great
I call this one "Innocence"

Iclone4 does not have global illumination, or does it? Alien

BTW this is 100% iclone, just 3d blocks and lighting. Wink
Sun Lit room.

By Apparition - 14 Years Ago
Amazing pictures!

I use this to show unbelievers about iCLone rendering!

Thanks my friend! Great HDR and fantastic composition!

Mike
Apparition (1/25/2010)
Amazing pictures!

I use this to show unbelievers about iCLone rendering!

Thanks my friend! Great HDR and fantastic composition!

Mike

Thank you Mr Apparition, glad that I can help you convert those non-believers. Wink
Iclone4 is trully a very powerful realtime engine.
Sun Lit Room, is my favorite to date as it show's iClone in a new light Tongue

No seriously it's a very eye catching image.

Brilliant

By Teviniii - 14 Years Ago
Sun Lit Room is TERRIFIC!
By shygirl - 14 Years Ago
That is a beauty!

Shy 

By Alley - 14 Years Ago
Beautiful job stuckon! Smile  You wonder why she is lying on the couch on such a beautiful sunny day. 
By warlord720 - 14 Years Ago
Absolutely amazing. iClone has come a long way in a short time on rendering quality.
Thank you guys, I did not expect such a response from that image, the sun lit room and the "Comell box/room" (room with red and blue walls) are going to be follow-up training exercises I'm going to post in the bootcamp area for those people that took my lighting class. I want them to practice and apply indirect lighting in their images, which is essential for good lighting. After all, "the way is in training".

Cheers,

Stuckon3d
This was done in the introduction class in about two hours. OF course without reallusions Sci fi packs this would not have been possible in just two hours but none the less.... I think it turned out pretty decent for such a short amount of time spent. Hope you like it.

Stuckon3d
The sci fi gear in there looks like it works a treat.
I call this one, Clash of the titans.

By Christy0 - 14 Years Ago
Brilliant work as usual stuckon3d, you're the master at composition and texturing, no doubt about that.
christy0 (3/4/2010)
Brilliant work as usual stuckon3d, you're the master at composition and texturing, no doubt about that.

Thanks christy0, but i really never see myself as a master, instead i see myself a lifetime student of the 3d Arts. Smile
Here is an image I made with wolf's pack that i bought tonight. I call it " The Great Escape" Wink

Excellent action pic, and really shows of the pack and how great everything is textured.

I was going to mention, putting some blood spurts from the guy on the fence, and thought that might be too gruesome for family viewing, until I saw the poor guy under the car. w00t

"How's my driving" Smile

Sweet - graphic as it is, I think this is my new fave! Excellent pic, Stuckon! And Wolf - awesome looking pack! Smile
By Seeker769 - 14 Years Ago
I love the angle you positioned the car and the placement of the scenery, the guy being ran over was a nice touch, the blood stains are very realalistic. Is the blood a combination of diffuse and blend? 

Wolf really did do an excellent job on the car texture and modding, I haven't seen it that close up before, he definetly captured a " Road Warrior " type feel to it!

Chris

By twilit.tera - 14 Years Ago
Beautiful work - very rich environment!
i call this one the Sacrifice, when a father needs to sacrifice the daughter to appease the gods. Sad

By Alley - 14 Years Ago
Beautiful lighting in this scene....but she looks like a tough cookie and I bet she could turn this around in the next scene - those guys look kind of scrawny. Tongue
Alley (4/3/2010)
Beautiful lighting in this scene....but she looks like a tough cookie and I bet she could turn this around in the next scene - those guys look kind of scrawny. Tongue

Thanks Alley, here is the same image with an old film look to it. Smile It reminds me of those old Tarzan movies. Tongue

Here is a WIP of a space scene using the new starship pack in combination with the outer space interior pack. I call this one "the calm before the storm"

By safegaard - 14 Years Ago
Thats very very good. Smile

By aknzrdude - 14 Years Ago
very nice shot!
By Illustrator Cathy - 14 Years Ago
All I can say is "WOW" w00t

Cathy Hehe
Thank you guys, here is a little animation based on the last image i made. Call this one: "Ready for Battle"

By mellormedia - 14 Years Ago

Nice looking clip on dude, regards, DTSmile

Here is a little work in progress, what you are seeing is animation straight from the new motion movie action pack from reallusion. I wanted to show how cool the motion are without any tweaks and then on the second pass i will enhance it even more by applying animation principles via motion layer and add the bad guys he is fighting with, stay tuned. Smile

By peteradam6 - 14 Years Ago
Flawless, except for the fog speed. The fog goes very fast along the ground, but the strong wind that's driving it isn't pushing the rain slant-wise at all. So I guess the fog's flow speed need to be significantly reduced?
By Illustrator Cathy - 14 Years Ago
Most excelent Cris! I got that motion pack too but haven't had tme to play with it. Cool beans!

Cathy Hehe

More great test renders. Keep them coming
By mdnavaz_20100822111201345 - 14 Years Ago
I can't see any images. How can I view the Image1?

Thanks.

mdnavaz_20100822111201345 (8/29/2010)
I can't see any images. How can I view the Image1?

Thanks.

Sorry mdnavaz,
I can see all the images fine, is anyone else having problem viewing them?

thanks,

Stuckon3d
No, I can see the images fine.
By The Mythical Dragon - 14 Years Ago
I am not having any problem seeing the images or videos.

Hi guys,
Remember this image?

This is a little animation that goes with that:

By mark - 14 Years Ago
SWEET!!!!
mp
7 seconds, 7 SECONDS, come on, we want more!!!!!!!

Great stuff Cris BigGrin

Capemedia (9/23/2010)
7 seconds, 7 SECONDS, come on, we want more!!!!!!!

Great stuff Cris BigGrin

Sorry cape, i only had a few hours to put that image in motion, im trying to do as many as i can for the dead line on friday. Tongue
By duchess110 - 14 Years Ago
Looking good I liked the simulation of the ground moving with his weight but could do with a few props sort of swaying or some other movement to add to the effect as the scene behind looks kind of static.
duchess110 (9/23/2010)
Looking good I liked the simulation of the ground moving with his weight but could do with a few props sort of swaying or some other movement to add to the effect as the scene behind looks kind of static.

Hi Duchess,
if you look really close the plants are swaying, and the torch jumps up with the thumps, unfortunately the action happens so fast you dont really have time to appreciated. My goal is to try to bring as many still images in my gallery to life for the content demo this friday.

Wish me luck, Wink

Stuckon3d
By duchess110 - 14 Years Ago
I saw the torch on the left move up and down. Missed the plants swaying.

Maybe a pot or barrel something you would find in a Dungeon in the forefront on those steps on the right that could wobble and topple off.

By jimmygee - 14 Years Ago
Brilliant! You must share your knowledge how you get such clear images Smile

Jimmy

here is another image come to life. Smile

By Teviniii - 14 Years Ago
That rabbit action was outstanding. Several people have been "raising the bar" lately. That was VERY IMPRESSIVE.
By warlord720 - 14 Years Ago
That was AWESOME!
thank you guys for your comments and critics , they are all appreciated. Here is the next image that is being animated:

By Alley - 14 Years Ago
Wow, just caught up on this thread - talk about skill!!!  The rabbit animation was amazing and the visual, but the blood in the horror, almost looked like it was dripping - awesome stuff there stuckon3d!! Smile
By sjonesdc - 14 Years Ago
When I first saw the "horror" video, I said "This is way beyond.....Glad I'm not squimish!!!"  This seems to have taken everything up more than a notch.   This will definitely give someone nightmares!
WOW!!! stuckon3d, these videos are totally awe inspiring. You keep me motivated to strive onwards and upwards with iClone.
By bsperan - 14 Years Ago
Urg... Sick I was EATING when I watched that clip! Doze
Lost my appetite!

Seems like good quality, considering my reaction. But it's difficult for me to judge 'cause horror is just not my thing.
thanks guys, here is a little demontration of what is possible with IPI software and Iclone

here is the same animation without live video in the middle.

WOW Cris now that animation was smooth Smile

So wished you would add sound to these clips Tongue

By sumthinwong - 14 Years Ago
It's good to see what the possibilities are when know how is at the helm of the controls.
By mellormedia - 14 Years Ago

Real quality works - a viewing pleasure, regards, mAD mELLOR mAN

I updated the look of the hero and the base exterior, im going to expand the animation i did, with better camera timing and more action shots.

Brilliant! Love the sets and animation.

P.S Where do the characters come from?

Jimmy

Thanks man, here are some more sneak peak scene setup before the big fight.

jimmygee (10/8/2010)
Brilliant! Love the sets and animation.

P.S Where do the characters come from?

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,
for the hero i used the superhero character and for the villan i used a modified version of one the bonus characters from the flowing skirts and hair volume2
here is a flyby of the base created to see which angles are more suitable for trailer cuts so that i can add more set dressing at those points only.

Excellent work, looks so realistic Smile

Jimmy

By Alley - 14 Years Ago
Beautiful - you almost get lost in it all as the camera pans. Smile
Who needs physics when you have flowing hair volume2, well maybe some people do, but with a little ingenuity i was able to create a grappling hook attacked to a cable to transport a land unit.

Remember always try to think outside box, you will be amazed what you can accomplish in Iclone.

Cheers,

Stuckon3d
Excellent Stuckon3d, these stills and composition are brill, and the flyby was so realistic, I actually felt a bit dizzy watching it.

This movie will be awesome when complete.

By Paumanok West - 14 Years Ago
Nice. Can you say more about using flowing hair for this purpose?
Thanks guys, here is the introduction to the bad guys and how they travel from planet to planet. This is the first pass at the first shot of the episode. there is no dialogue yet, but the plot is that the pilots are luring the droids to follow them so that they attack the base hidden inside and test their new weapons against them.

Enjoy

Stuckon3d

PS: @pwest, all i can tell you is that using the flowing hair is not ideal for every situation but it works great in dense atmospheres like space and under water. The reason why you cant use it in others situations is because you do not have control over the gravity pull so all the motions look slow mo . Hope this helps.
A lot of people have been asking me how i did the meteor explosion, well.. I got that prop from http://store.iclonerevolution.com They have some fantastic destrutible props there.

Cheers,

Stuckon3d
This is the second pass of the asteroid animation, I want to show people the progress and improvement of the shot. Here is a still:

And here is the animation, I improved the lighting, the asteroid field(made meteor less even and created better scale, and improved the released of the droid animation.

By allpoint - 14 Years Ago
Wow! that looks amazing, looking forward to seeing the final movie!
By Darren01 - 14 Years Ago
extremely professional work stuckon3d
inspirational - well done!
AWSOME!! Just keeps getting better, and better.

Could be Babylon 5. I want more. Smile

Howdy folks, here is a little work in progress for my contest entry. The original model was by Andres from the 3d warehouse. The model was 700000 polygons when i opened it in sketchup. After cleaning it up i was able to take it down to 24000 and after adding the prop in iclone, so far im at 74000 total.

I will post a movie tomorrow. Still lots to do. Smile
By mark - 14 Years Ago
Awesome work! Clear winner in my book!
mp
By wires - 14 Years Ago
Once again the Master shows his skills. Excellent job Cris.
By safegaard - 14 Years Ago
And you still just keep it coming Smile
Away some skills you have. Deepest respect from one of your students. Smile
By Seeker769 - 14 Years Ago
Good luck in the compitition, Cris Smile

Though I'm sure your skill will play a much larger role than luck Cool

Chris

thank you for your kind comments guys. Once the contest is over i will share the clean version of the model so people can study their texturing and lighting skills. Smile

PS: for people that purchased any of my tutorials the model will be available to you this monday, just send me an email if you are interested in having it. Smile
By stuckon3d - 13 Years Ago
Just keeping my stuff together Smile

And here are the stills:

By Sen - 13 Years Ago
Hi ,

always very impressive . Render is w00t . Thank demonstrate the power of iclone .

By sjonesdc - 13 Years Ago
Great Work as always!!!!
By Paumanok West - 13 Years Ago
What I CAN'T understand is why someone would build a shrine to blue Jello in their front yard. BigGrin

Is that an in-your-face way to say it's not as disgusting as it sounds? Tongue
thank you for your kind(@sen and sjonesdc) and bizarre (@ pwest Wink )c omments

Here is a little work in progress of the first part of an animation im working on for valentine's day. I'm still working on facial expressions and secondary motions. Comments and suggestions to make it funnier are welcome.

toon love from Stuckon3d on Vimeo.
Cheers,

Stuckon3d

PS: this is for the avatar animation class. So if you have questions on how i did something, write it down on paper and sign up to the class when it becomes available. Wink
I'm particularly interested in the many things I don't understand about aligning motion clips and resetting motion origins. This is a very important topic that hasn't been properly explained so far.

Note that I was mystified by the difference between relative and absolute character motion editing for a long time because it was never properly documented. I still haven't tried absolute editing and would like a good explanation of how you know when you need it.

Another thing is that I find Ease in-Ease out usually works for me, but I'd like an explanation of how to know when you need the other kinds of transition curve.

Finally, and this is as important as anything, I want to know how 2 clips should be overlapped on the timeline to avoid a freeze or a pop in the motion. Can we get a close-up look of the correct placement for the overlap region between two clips?
By mark - 13 Years Ago
As always simply amazing stuckon!!!!!
mp
By mark - 13 Years Ago
Amen Pau on.."aligning motion clips and resetting motion origins" it drives me nuts for surew00t
mark (1/24/2011)
As always simply amazing stuckon!!!!!
mp

thank you Mark, i know if there is someone here that can appreciate the attention to detail and hard work it is required to get this kind of quality out of iclone is you man. Wink

cheers,

Stuckon3d

By Wolfzone Digital - 13 Years Ago
Sweet clip Stuckon. Is that the turkey from the dancing turkey vid you made a while back Smile
Wolfzone (1/26/2011)
Sweet clip Stuckon. Is that the turkey from the dancing turkey vid you made a while back Smile

thanks Wolfzone,
Yes, the dancing turkey is making a cameo appearance, he will play a major role on part 2 of the short, and the scene has also been polished up with better props and lighting to fit the story.

cheers,

Stuckon3d
By txon - 13 Years Ago
este trabajo es fantastico, uno de los mejores y mas dificiles de realizar que vi jamas en Iclone, enhorabuena

this work is fantastic, one of the best and most difficult to achieve than ever saw in Iclone, congratulations
txon (1/26/2011)
este trabajo es fantastico, uno de los mejores y mas dificiles de realizar que vi jamas en Iclone, enhorabuena

this work is fantastic, one of the best and most difficult to achieve than ever saw in Iclone, congratulations

Gracias txon,
yo siempre trato de romper las barreras de iclone. Cuando alguien me dice que no es posible en iclone, me dan mas ganas de comprobarles lo equivocados que estan. Mi objetivo es crear una animacion con la cual nadie sabe con que software esta hecho. Y despues decirles, : Si, esto fue hecho en Iclone , lo crean o no Tongue

thank you txon,
I always strive to break barriers in iclone, when someone tells me that is not possible in iclone, it makes me work that much harder to prove them wrong. My goal is to create an animation in which no one knows with what software was done in, and then tell them : yup it was done in Iclone believe it or not. Tongue
Its been a while since i posted an image. This one is called blood and sand.

By safegaard - 13 Years Ago
Great to see another setup where you master the lightning so well. Smile
safegaard (3/13/2011)
Great to see another setup where you master the lightning so well. Smile

Thanks safegaard, the image is still a wip, I want to add real avatars on the benches closer to camera and more gladiators fighting in the background with slave tide to posts hanging dead.
here is little test of trailer rig that it is automated, not a single keyframe was done here, all i did after the rig setup was tell the truck to Move forward to the path and let the rig do the rest. I know its little jerky but the rig has helpers to smooth that out, i just did not have the time to keep testing. I'll explain how it was done this weekend.

This is a test for bumpy terrain for a wagon being pulled by a horse.

hope you like it
By txon - 13 Years Ago
guauuuuuuu  es buenisimo
By gizmo - 13 Years Ago
Very neat.
Most excellent results, even if the wheels are, historically speaking, far-fetched.

The terrain following is great. Texturing also good (as ususal).

Did you have to take any special precautions in rendering, to avoid the bane of Western film directors (strobing)--The Wagon-Wheel Effect?
By safegaard - 13 Years Ago
Amazing, seems you have a well function way to do that (and a strong horse) - i suppose you will let us know how you did that? Smile
Thanks guys. Glad you like it.

@ Mitch
the wheels can be as straight or as wonky as you want them to be, it will not affect the rig. I just had them that way for fun. Smile
As far as me doing any treatment to the animation, the answer is no.
I'm beginning to like the way this is looking, considering all i did was add one of my lighting custom rigs. I think im going to set dress it and add particles effect to it.

Regarding lighting, would people be interested in buying a professional lighting setup kit, so they would have a great starting point for their scenes. I'm thinking the kit would have:

1) sunset
2) sunrise
3) noon
4) night

All lighting setups properly balanced for HDRI and it would include my paid lighting lesson as a bonus.

How much would people be willing to pay for something like that? Please let me know, any feedback on that would be great. Smile
By sumthinwong - 13 Years Ago
Inquiring minds want to know........how did you do that?
By mark - 13 Years Ago
YOU NAILED IT!!!BigGrin AWESOME!!!! ...now how, if I may be so bold, O-Great-OneTongue
By gizmo - 13 Years Ago
The lighting kit sounds good. As to price . . . I guess thats down to you.
ill be posting a how to videos this weekend on my free intro page. Smile
By Capemedia - 13 Years Ago
Like anything it's down to price.  If for example the item is around $99 then it has to be special, like a theme pack or new innovative content, otherwise I'm not buying it.  However if it's around $10 - $20 then I'm more likely to buy the content.

But this is just my thoughts Smile

By sjonesdc - 13 Years Ago
stuckon3d (5/5/2011)

Regarding lighting, would people be interested in buying a professional lighting setup kit, so they would have a great starting point for their scenes. I'm thinking the kit would have:

1) sunset
2) sunrise
3) noon
4) night

All lighting setups properly balanced for HDRI and it would include my paid lighting lesson as a bonus.

How much would people be willing to pay for something like that? Please let me know, any feedback on that would be great. Smile

Very interested!!! As far as price, it should be in the same price range as Reallusion's breakable props and movie sets.
I call this one: "Bad doggy!"
Anyhow....here is a little sample of the importance of using specular maps for skin even if you are using high res textures. Take a look at the behavior of the highlights. See how they break up with the skins imperfections as opposed to run across evenly over the body parts, which is what makes it look metallic. Specular maps are a must for good looking skin.

Cheers,

Stuckon3d
By Scenes3Dee - 13 Years Ago
Nice effect. Good job Wink
Yep. Definitely a case of texturing done right. BigGrin
Cris, can you post a little snip cropped from the specular map?
By Capemedia - 13 Years Ago
Very nice stuff Cris.  Looking forward to the animated piece and yes would love to know how this is done Smile
thanks guys, the tutorial is HERE .Just scroll down the page to see it. Wink

By Teviniii - 13 Years Ago
Brilliant imagery and use of iClone.
By martok2112 - 13 Years Ago
Chris, these visuals are simply sublime! I'm going to pay heed to your tutorials, and see if I can get similar results.

Thank you again for your services to this great community! Smile
By W.VEEKE - 13 Years Ago
All your images are brilliant work. I everytime see the masterhand in it. Especially the underwaterscene took my attention. It is really an artpiece

Is it possible that you show us a few more underwater scenes. Thank you for sharing all your professional work with us.

Wil
Thank you guys. Smile

@will
when I get a little more spare time i will do more underwater scenes. Right now im on the minus side of the spare meter, meaning im sleeping less to have some spare time. Sad
I'm working on a freelance project and a trying to get "the pro lighting kit" for iclone finished as well.

Cheers,

Stuckon3d