I have lost lip sync.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic272555.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By drewstwos - 8 Years Ago
Hi All
I lost lip sync the other day so I just put an avatar on an empty stage and then imported an audio file that I made.  The whole thing plays well, and the voice is there too BUT there is NO lip sync, even a hint of one.  whne I go into the timeline and look at theSOUND line it jsut shows a straight line wihout any of the usual speech on it. Ye it plays OK.. It is MP3 format but now I am not sure that this is the right format. Memory seys YES  but is it ?

ANY help for this silly little problem will be more than just appreciated. 

Cheers

D
By justaviking - 8 Years Ago
Silly question...

How did you add the sound?  Did you add it as "speech" or did you drag-and-drop it onto the avatar like a sound effect or music track?
HI

With the avatar selected I went into the modify panel on the right and at the bottom of it there is a SOUND TRACK item. In it there is IMPORT.  clicking this opens a panel where the audio file is located, in this case on the desktop for convenience, Selecting that and clicking OPEN uploads it into the timeline. I can see it when the SOUND line is selected,. It plays just fine, but there is NO lip sync,  As stated the file is in MP3 format. I assume this is right. 
I hope this helps.
D
By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
You are not importing the audio correctly.

In iClone 5 you need to switch to Animation > Facial Animation and then select Record, Open a WAV or MP3, or use TTS. That should do it.
HI
Many thanks for your help. I think I had had a senior moment there. Your post dredged up a faint memory from the past. I have been away from iclone ofr a while, though that;s not really an excuse.

D.