CT8 on Windows 10 extremely unstable

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic271362.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By O'Brixtor - 8 Years Ago
Since I updated my pc (i7 64-bit 3,6Ghz, 8Gb RAM) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 my CT8 Pro runs like shit. Very unstable and slow to operate. I have reinstalled it and have the latest patch installed, but it just keeps crashing to much. And furthermore I explorer many of the same issues as already addressed in this forum. I'm only working in 2D mode, but still CT8 is so much worse than CT7. It sucks!

Just to give ONE example, that i've payed attention to, crashes occures especially when editing lights and colors to fast (eg. in eye settings). It's like the software can't handle any changes without being given a lot of time to recognize and load everything bit by bit before you can move on. It takes like forever to work like that. And if you're not very very carefull not to eg. close one setting to fast the program crashes (/stopped working). CT7 was never anything like that, so why is CT8 ??

Seriously, to me it's like my disappointments with CT8 just keeps escalating...
(also I'm tired of installing bonus- and motion packs again and again everytime CT needs to be reinstalled)

Or will you tell me that it's all a Windows 10 problem I'm facing here?

/ ...
By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago
You mention your system specs but don't mention your graphics card. This is often key to the problem.

My personal setup for all my RL programs is on two Windows 10 systems with Nvidia 960 and 980 graphics cards and haven't experienced any crashes with CT8.

I would advise contacting our Technical Support department using the link below. If you supply your dxdiag.txt we will be able to check for any problems.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.
AMD Radeon R7 200 2Gb DDR3
By maroalone_me - 8 Years Ago
no me 2 i had problems in win 10 with CT8 when i setup bounce i dident find it in the programe i do it many time i try to rmove it and instal it many time . but the proble is same every time i run iit i found something messin 
By Snarp Farkle - 8 Years Ago
This is most likely a Windows 10 issue and not CT8, I had a lot of problems with all my Reallusion products after up dating to Win10 from 8.1.  Graphics drivers was a big problem for me until I installed the AMD Catalyst setup and placed iC6, 3DX6, Content Creator, CT8 and even DAZ Studio  in the "Gaming" section, followed the instructions that Peter had posted in an earlier thread to set them up and that made a huge difference and stopped 90% of my crashes and freeze ups.  Just updating the drivers didn't help, installing the AMD Catalyst setup did!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/082534d4-6fc7-47c6-ab77-bb57.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/65591927-d4a7-4497-a7e7-397c.jpg

The other 10% of my system freeze ups and crashes is because Windows 10 comes with  lot of "Bloatware apps" that run in the background and will have an effect on performance also and I got rid of as much of it as I could without causing system problems.  Just google "Windows 10 fixes" and you'll find out what your system doesn't need and instructions to do what you need to do to get rid of the crap if you so desire.  This is what helped me anyways.
So after updating my amd graphics drivers and stuff I have the same catalyst as you (as on the screenshot). Been working with CT7 for a while and everything runs smooth as it always has. So I gave it a shoot to reinstall CT8 one more time and check it out again. But sadly, it still sucks. It's exactly as before running slow on all tasks and crashes constantly if stressed a bit - like described above. Nothing has changed by updating graphics drivers. 

Eg. I gave my 3D character a cigarette in her mouth and then regretted and clicked the rollback/undo button. Program can't handel and shut down.

About the catalyst I can just say, that I have no idea how these settings should be?? And imo it should not be a concern of mine either for having an app running correct. I have it all reset to default at this time.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9bda673f-1967-4816-858f-6151.jpg
O'Brixtor (3/16/2016)
So after updating my amd graphics drivers and stuff I have the same catalyst as you (as on the screenshot). Been working with CT7 for a while and everything runs smooth as it always has. So I gave it a shoot to reinstall CT8 one more time and check it out again. But sadly, it still sucks. It's exactly as before running slow on all tasks and crashes constantly if stressed a bit - like described above. Nothing has changed by updating graphics drivers. 

Eg. I gave my 3D character a cigarette in her mouth and then regretted and clicked the rollback/undo button. Program can't handel and shut down.

About the catalyst I can just say, that I have no idea how these settings should be?? And imo it should not be a concern of mine either for having an app running correct. I have it all reset to default at this time.

Did you contact Technical Support as I suggested previously? If not I would do so as they may be able to help you.
By richard666 - 8 Years Ago
we have the same problems since upgrading to windows 10.  its no good saying contact technical support they dont respond. 

it is no good saying its windows fault, what should we all do go back to windows 8?

reallusion sort this quickly please
richard666 (4/16/2016)
we have the same problems since upgrading to windows 10.  its no good saying contact technical support they dont respond. 

it is no good saying its windows fault, what should we all do go back to windows 8?

reallusion sort this quickly please

Actually you are incorrect about Technical Support and anyone who is having technical problems is advised to contact them.

Technical Support will ALWAYS respond and normally within 48 hours Monday to Friday. If your case I see you have sent us two support tickets. One was replied to on the same day, the second was responded to within 24 hours. You can find the replies in your Member Account if you have not seen them yet.
By vidozgeorge - 8 Years Ago
Hi all, I am a newbie to CT8, but did do some work on CT7. I have WIN 10 which apart from some BSOD's at startup appears to work quite well otherwise. However, if anyone out there would tell me (in CT8)  how I can move my finished actor onto a video with an alpha background (so I can insert the motion actor like a PNG file onto another video) and 'blend' the actor into the background video? (My "custom actor" is a png file with transparent (alpha channel) background. 
I hope this makes sense. Otherwise, I think CT8 is brilliant, although I have only been using it for a couple of days.

vidozgrd

vidozgeorge (4/19/2016)
Hi all, I am a newbie to CT8, but did do some work on CT7. I have WIN 10 which apart from some BSOD's at startup appears to work quite well otherwise. However, if anyone out there would tell me (in CT8)  how I can move my finished actor onto a video with an alpha background (so I can insert the motion actor like a PNG file onto another video) and 'blend' the actor into the background video? (My "custom actor" is a png file with transparent (alpha channel) background. 
I hope this makes sense. Otherwise, I think CT8 is brilliant, although I have only been using it for a couple of days.

vidozgrd

Windows users can export in Sequence Image PNG/TGA format if you wish to include a transparent background (alpha channel). You can then load the sequence images into your video editing software just as you would with standard video formats.
By fazalqkhan - 8 Years Ago
My crazy talk 8 hangs when I click text to speech icon. I use windows 10. Have installed the latest patch. Dont know what to do. Can anyone help?
fazalqkhan (4/26/2016)
My crazy talk 8 hangs when I click text to speech icon. I use windows 10. Have installed the latest patch. Dont know what to do. Can anyone help?

Do you have any 3rd party text to speech voices installed? It is possible one of these may be causing a conflict.

If you don't have any extra voices, make sure your audio drivers are up to date as this could be the issue. Also if this only occurred after updating CT8, please try uninstalling and perform a clean install of the latest full version. You can get this from your Member Account. This may resolve the problem.

If you still have problems after that, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to advise you further.

By ptrading.org - 8 Years Ago
My crazy talk 8 hangs when I click text to speech icon or i click in export.  I use windows 10. I have uninstall and instal the latest patch. I Dont know what to do more. Can anyone help?. I need the program working. i am preparing videos of my Master and now it is not workable.
ptrading.org (5/1/2016)
My crazy talk 8 hangs when I click text to speech icon or i click in export.  I use windows 10. I have uninstall and instal the latest patch. I Dont know what to do more. Can anyone help?. I need the program working. i am preparing videos of my Master and now it is not workable.

Please send in a support ticket using the link below. Our Technical Support team will try to help you get up and running as quickly as possible..

By Alien Maniac - 8 Years Ago
Ah WIN 10>>> RAM is so important to have a lot.......4GB +++ 3d animation requires a lot of RAM to work well.
There are no bad problems with any RL product running on Win 10......

Well there are a few things to consider here for optimal usage of all RL products.
My experiences include.....
Every RL update: Win 10 resets the following ( I have to reset them)
1. Run com on full  power. (Rt click power icon on taskbar)
2. Update GPU driver (if available) (Rt click icon in taskbar)
3. Reset GPU for each RL Program....(to use only the GPU)
4. On each RL program....Set to (Rt click on program icon, Click Properties) ((click advanced settings) Run as Administrator

Also, check your standard WIN 10 settings
1. Startup programs (Turn off all unnecessary)
2. Turn off Anti virus and such programs (they run in the background)
3. Turn off your wifi connection (WIN 10 and others will download updates automatically in background)
4. Defrag your standard HDD XXX  DO NOT defrag an SSD or do a diskcheck on them either.....they can mess up your SSD
5. Turn off special win 10 custom user settings (those take ram.)
6. Delete TEMP files (Windows Dir)
7. Defrag your registry

NOW....reboot and go get a cup of coffee and come back to a system that works better.
Also Upgrade your RAM. Add an SSD or two.