How to stop collision?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic270978.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By mystery_egypt - 8 Years Ago
I haven't been able to figure out how to do this, and I hope that an experienced user might help me out.

I'm using hanging cloth as curtain, and I'd like to raise only the right bottom edge (the lower right part of the curtain). I have created a sphere as a collision object which works as intended. However, after a specified time, I'd like the raised part to lower back to the initial position. And this is what I can't achieve. The moving back of the collision object gets "overwritten" by the physics when I play the animation, and the curtain part remains in the raised position. And switching off physics on the timeline doesn't work. How do I achieve both effects in one animation?
Thanks for your help in advance!
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
You may have the cloth being baked. If it stays in position when you disable physics, then that is the case.

In the "Project" panel, there are some physics settings. You can turn soft-cloth bake on and off.
By mystery_egypt - 8 Years Ago
Thanks for your reply. If I disable physics, then the raise effect doesn't occur. But I'd like to have the raising effect and it's "reversal" after a short time in the same animation. Is it possible? I don't have much experience with the physics engines yet.
Maybe my method is not suitable for what I'm trying to achieve, and I'd have to do it different, but I don't know how.

EDIT:
Okay, I've figured it out. I was on the right track, just needed to do some more steps. Works now Smile