Free CC Hair For All Of You!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic270267.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
I dug through the free hair links in the DAZ forum freebie section and came up with a few I liked. I've converted them with physics and stuff, and then into Character Creator accessories. Some have bones for additional posing in iClone, if you like. Put them into your CC accessory/head folder. The only difference between an iClone and a CC accessory is the suffix. iClone's is "iAcc", while CC's is "ccAcc". 

They are all made to fit the default female, but can easily adjust a bit. You can also adjust your character's head to fit them. Goes both ways.

Picture of one.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/85bf664d-d0dd-4638-a1ba-8ebd.jpg

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3nsNVGroEz6TG1tX1JjUFZEQU0/view?usp=sharing

By animagic - 8 Years Ago
Rampa, you must have read my mind because I had just suggested something to that effect. Or perhaps I read yours...Unsure Anyway, thanks!
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
I've actually been working on these for a while now. Seemed like a good time to get them out the door! Wink
By GrannyJ - 8 Years Ago
That was awfully nice of you Rampa - thanks!  BigGrin
By wendyluvscatz - 8 Years Ago
thanks for this Rampa, while I add hairs to my bald CC people this helps remove a step and is good knowledge to know for other hairs
now I just wish there was a way to use all my Reallusion hairs in Crazytalk 8 pipeline too as often animating a photo in there in 3D all I want
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
wendyluvscatz (1/30/2016)
thanks for this Rampa, while I add hairs to my bald CC people this helps remove a step and is good knowledge to know for other hairs
now I just wish there was a way to use all my Reallusion hairs in Crazytalk 8 pipeline too as often animating a photo in there in 3D all I want

I would try changing the suffix to "ctAcc", or whatever the Crazytalk accessory suffix is. They did mention that they were trying to unify all content. I'm really wondering why they have different suffixes for the same thing.
By Galfridus - 8 Years Ago
Thank you very much Rampa. Most generous.
Geoff.
By sjonesdc - 8 Years Ago
Thanks Rampa!!!
By Sen - 8 Years Ago
A big thank Rampa Wink
By urbanlamb - 8 Years Ago
those are nice thanks rampa!  Smile
By RobertoColombo - 8 Years Ago
Fantastic gift, Rampa!

A huge "THANK YOU"

Roberto
By JIX - 8 Years Ago
Muchas gracias! Finally the era of the baldies is over! Tongue
By CaseClosed - 8 Years Ago
Wow. Smile
By jarretttowe - 8 Years Ago
This is fantastic news!
By nlprod1 - 8 Years Ago
These are great! Thanks Rampa
Now we need to crowdfund Rampa digging through the renderosity free stuff and doing this! You've given new life to the character creator, Rampa!
By Tesira - 8 Years Ago
Thank you very much rampa, you have made my day. The hairs are so nice.

Have a nice Sunday
Tesira
By theschemer - 8 Years Ago
Thanks Rampa. Hair has been in short supply. I downloaded but haven't looked yet but know they will be used. I hope there is a short male hair in the future. Like a buzz cut as a lot of men have short hair.
TS
By wires - 8 Years Ago
Thank you very much Rampa - generous as always. SmileSmoooothCool

I've used several of the G5 hairs with CC avatars in iClone, not all scale 100% perfect, but they work.
By Skuzzlebutt - 8 Years Ago

Wow what a resource! Thanks BudBundy!
By tripfreak - 8 Years Ago
Thank you Rampa and Budbundy ! Cool
By Peter (RL) - 8 Years Ago

Hi Wendy,

You can use all your old iClone hair in CrazyTalk 8. Just rename the extension from iHair to ctiHair and then copy to the folder below.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\CrazyTalk 8 Custom\Actor3D\03_Hair\
By toonarama - 8 Years Ago
Many thanks Rampa - very kind and generous of you
By Snarp Farkle - 8 Years Ago
This is really cool rampa, and thanks for the tip too! Smile
some not all of them with the extension changed to ctiAccessory work in CT8 pipeline custom accessory too
just a heads up (no pun intended)
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
I wonder why only some work in CT8? Some of them have skeletons (yes, they are posable), and some don't.
Peter (RL) (2/1/2016)

Hi Wendy,

You can use all your old iClone hair in CrazyTalk 8. Just rename the extension from iHair to ctiHair and then copy to the folder below.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\CrazyTalk 8 Custom\Actor3D\03_Hair\

I only saw this after posting about the ones Rampa shared, good to know I have many RL hairs Smile
I have found though once loaded you cannot adjust or remove the accessory hairs
the renamed iClone hairs work fine
By Kingdom Geek - 8 Years Ago
Thanks for the information Rampa, is there a way to use the hair that's already on another character in CC for a character that import into CC? Also do you have an tutorial on how to get the hair from DAZ to CC?
By Snarp Farkle - 8 Years Ago
Thanks Rampa! Smile
By Emerald Animation (formerly reelcheapfilms) - 8 Years Ago
Many thanks Rampa!  I will be on the lookout for other items from you as well.
By ccsmith1 - 8 Years Ago
Thanks for the link looks good. Have a great day
By Emerald Animation (formerly reelcheapfilms) - 8 Years Ago
Any male hair to go along with this selection?
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
Never got around to doing male hair. You can look through the freebies that DAZ people have posted up.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/447/
By Tapani - 8 Years Ago
Really cool hairs, thanks Rampa
By jasonjbrown - 8 Years Ago
Wow, this is fantastic, thanks Rampa!
By eternityblue - 8 Years Ago
Wow, thank you very much!
By Terry-M-Miller - 8 Years Ago
This is an excellent resource. Thanks a bundle!
By alexandra camelia - 8 Years Ago
Hello, Rampa ! The women hairs are great! Big thank you , your work is great !! Is there the possibility to buy things developed by you for cc characters? I would like to buy new men hairs and new cc character avatar ,like Asiatic ,Hispanic,black men/women. Is possible to buy all these from you ? Thank you for your answer and for the help you gave us all with the women hairs !
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
alexandra camelia (10/8/2016)
Hello, Rampa ! The women hairs are great! Big thank you , your work is great !! Is there the possibility to buy things developed by you for cc characters? I would like to buy new men hairs and new cc character avatar ,like Asiatic ,Hispanic,black men/women. Is possible to buy all these from you ? Thank you for your answer and for the help you gave us all with the women hairs !

I actually am not one who produces stuff for sale. I just don't have much interest in it. I am getting better at making basic, and I mean basic, clothing.

I think the "Realistic Heads" for CC that RL sells is a good way to go for getting different ethnicities. Also, the "Essential Morphs And Skins" pack provides you with all the morphs you'll need to create your own. Both are very good, and light-years beyond anything I can do! Smile

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iClone/pack/Realistic_Human_100/default.aspx
http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iClone/pack/CC_Essential_Morph_Skin/default.aspx

By Pollux - 8 Years Ago
WOW, many thanks Rampa.
By CtrlZ - 8 Years Ago
Thank You!!!
This is kind of off topic maybe, but I noticed with the new update, you can pretty easily go in and adjust hair with a lot more freedom by hiding troublesome geometry. For instance, I use a third party ear pack and it really distorts the hair around the ears, so I can now hide just those faces that cause a problem. This is really, really cool. So, since this is so incredibly helpful for fitting hair, I have to ask: is there an easy way to convert .ccAcc hair to .ccHair?
By alexandra camelia - 8 Years Ago
Hello,
thank you . I have them already. Let me know please if you think to create and sell new things . Smile Your work is great!
Wish you a good day !
By hattori kun - 8 Years Ago
I'm not familiar with daz stuff.
Do I need poser or daz studio to convert hair objects in pz2 files into obj files? Thanks
hattori kun (11/11/2016)
I'm not familiar with daz stuff.
Do I need poser or daz studio to convert hair objects in pz2 files into obj files? Thanks

You should be able to load them in DAZ Studio (which is free) and then export.
By cliffw1977 - 8 Years Ago
not sure if the link is working or if it's my ineptitude. anyway I wanted to thank you for making the Tutorials you've posted on youtube and was wondering if you've ever messed with creating hair in blender? I can't make much sense out of Realallusion's tutorial on this.
I'm going to give this method a go soon:

Anyone see this yet?

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCC780f85a8db085f930

By the looks of it, some of it is converted older iClone hair. Notice the lack of dynamics in the video. I think 1500 points is a pretty steep price. Better check Wil Veeke's products for hair.
I was thinking, by the looks of it, someone took the free hair here and sold it in the marketplace. I don't want to accuse anyone though, I just thought it was worth mentioning.
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
That's all freebie DAZ hair. It's exactly what I offered here for free. Maybe it's reworked as CC hair? I provided them as accessories. To each there own, I guess. Unsure
By mrmdesign - 8 Years Ago
That's actually pretty bad. I am sure something like this could land the seller in hot water and it is unethical too.

Kindly providing access to freebies is a really nice thing to do (Thanks Rampa). Someone taking these freebies, then selling them on for profit is just wrong.
If they have spent time tweaking the hair in some way to make them work better with iClone or changed the topology or textures, it may be of use to someone but it just looks like they have literally just uploaded the freebies into the store then slapped on a horrible low-res banner to grab a bit of cash from a gullible shopper.
By redrubyslippers - 8 Years Ago
why not just do your own, ..well get daz studio... its free and.. look on the marketplace theres plenty of inexpensive items including a shed load of hair.. much cheaper than on the rl site.. and  make your own hair without  limitations.. theres plenty of tutorials on how to convert the stuff over.. easy peasy.. i no longer even look to rl marketplace.. make my own, that way im not just tied into what expensive content rl lists for the one garment you want
The issue is it looks like someone took what was offered here free and put them for sale in the marketplace. Anyhow, it is what it is, Rampa did exactly what you suggest: mine Daz for free hair and imported it and gave it to others here for free. 
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
And if you want to go get more, here is the freepository list that I perused to find those ones.
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/447/
redrubyslippers (11/25/2016)
why not just do your own, ..well get daz studio... its free and.. look on the marketplace theres plenty of inexpensive items including a shed load of hair.. much cheaper than on the rl site.. and  make your own hair without  limitations.. theres plenty of tutorials on how to convert the stuff over.. easy peasy.. i no longer even look to rl marketplace.. make my own, that way im not just tied into what expensive content rl lists for the one garment you want

For me it's a matter of priority, which is foremost making films. If there's a talented developer who's created what I need, I will gladly pay for it. And sometimes it's free so that's even better.
Quick question; 
I am working on a standalone bit of software which will enable anyone (regardless of modelling abilities and software they own) to create hundreds of unique hairstyles and facial hair which can be exported to obj and used in any package. You control the hair cards / strips with splines, alter the colours & textures in realtime (straight, frizzy, curly) and you can see what the hair looks like in various environments (day, night, etc...) in gorgeous PBR. The best part is, it is so easy to use as it is all controlled with sliders and handles and it will come with loads of presets. (center parting, side parting, slicked back, spikey, afro....)

I decided to create this bit of software because creating individual hair styles is so time consuming and I honestly prefer making everything myself so that my creations are unique. I also thought people like me and you may get some use out of it. I felt like a decent WYSIWYG realtime hair tool was long overdue and a lot of the best plugins out there require you to have the pro versions of 3DMax or Maya or a knowledge of the inner workings of a complex, multi-functional bit of software.

My initial idea was to aim it at iCloners but I am pretty sure it will appeal to game developers, 3D scanning / photogrametry enthusiasts... maybe even hair dressers and stylists.

The Q's:

With the apparent glut of free hair available, should I continue working on this? Does it have mileage?

Would you buy it?

What would you be happy to pay for something like this?

Should I create an individual use / hobby version (for your own use on your own characters and not resell-able) and a pro version (slightly higher price, a few more features and the right to sell your hair / beard creations on any marketplace to anybody)?

I am genuinely thinking of launching a Kickstarter or Indie GoGo campaign to fund this as it has been hard to give it as much time as it deserves while working on projects for clients, being a good dad to my three sons and giving my wife the time and attention she deserves. ;-)
If I do go down this route, I would let you guys know first and I would make sure there were some pretty decent Early Bird discounts.

This is something I am quite serious about and I want to present it properly to the right audience when the time is right so I am also busy working on all of the proper marketing materials, website, logo, UI before I can reveal anything else but this thread was particularly relevant so I wanted to put the feelers out.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you guys decide to give me.
By TheOldBuffer - 8 Years Ago
@mrmdesign.
Sounds like a great idea and perhaps could be a plugin for Iclone7.  
Thanks TheOldBuffer. That's a great idea!
I am really looking forward to further announcements from RL on iClone 7's plugin capabilities.
TheOldBuffer (11/25/2016)
@mrmdesign.
Sounds like a great idea and perhaps could be a plugin for Iclone7.  

I would be interested as well, as hair has been a shortcoming in iClone. I'm not against making my own, but I don't want to go through the hassle of using a myriad of applications, so your solution sounds great. For me, it would be for use in my films, I'm not necessarily interested in reselling.

Once you're a bit further it would be great to see what it looks like. One issue may be to make it dynamic (as it won't be ccHair), but I believe accessories can be made dynamic as well. Another problem in iClone has always been fitting hair properly to the skull shape. So it would be great if you could import the head of your character as OBJ and sculpt the hair accordingly.

EDIT: Fixed some typos.
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
I think this could be very well received. There is still a lot of demand for polygonal hair, and for lots of different engines. There seem to be fewer and fewer standalone programs for doing stuff like this.

Do make sure we can import our own OBJ base to build the hair on. Smile

Oh, and thank you!
By mtakerkart - 8 Years Ago
@mrmdesign

Yes , I'm interesting to pay or back a Kickstarter project...BUT
It's like saying : Do you want pay for a car?  so the answer would be : What sort of car??
May if you can show 2 or 3 exemples of what sort of hair style we can achieve before developping anything
will be a good start/evaluation.

My 2 cents
By Molecule_Bleu - 8 Years Ago
WOW thank you it very generous!

regards
By Lernakow - 8 Years Ago
Big, big thanks, Rampa!
By 3dtree - 8 Years Ago
Hello kind people; Firstly Many thanks to the countless people behind any CG works of art; a copy of these Hair meshes and then to Rampa for zipping another copy() ; transforming them as CC_ACCessories. 

eternityblue (11/21/2016)
I was thinking, by the looks of it, someone took the free hair here and sold it in the marketplace. I don't want to accuse anyone though, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Yes, if the free stuff is blocked and/or it was a simple repackaging, that would be 'a dick move' (uncool) IMO.

mrmdesign (11/21/2016)
That's actually pretty bad. ...
If they have spent time tweaking the hair in some way to make them work better with iClone or changed the topology or textures, it may be of use to someone but it just looks like they have literally just uploaded the freebies into the store .... grab a bit of cash from a gullible shopper.

The spirit of this had good intentions. Good on the people who can add value to the creative good. 
I Rebuilt (in my modeling programs;mesh changes and skinning to CC head bone along wi  Wink ; From CC_Accessories into (very different) CC_Hair keeping their likeness. IMO rebuilding the heart of the form.

Thanks to the 3-4 Wise people  @75/CC_Hair for the whole Pack. 

rampa (11/21/2016)
That's all freebie DAZ hair. It's exactly what I offered here for free. Maybe it's reworked as CC hair? I provided them as accessories. To each there own, I guess. Unsure

Yes (with many thanks for your compilation ) new CC_Hair , Given a new heart along with rebuild of all mesh; keeping the likeness. 
people have kindly covered for the work I've done upon the work others have...(), I'm interested feeding back true CC_Hair

A good reference (..): but troublesome to use as is. As the original content stood.. it was accessories only; it just didn't work well as a part of CC characters for me.
It made a good reference for building a real CC Hair pack.
So I built something new from their likeness:
20 new CC hair styles (skinned to the CC head) at 1500p (That's 75 points per CC hairstyle) for the lot... That's about 10$ per pack after content store takes it's cut... More of a donation then any profit; A few people at most willing download the pack.

Many hours of work... to transform/retopologize (Max,Zbrush,etc.) into something new and cool for Icloners.
 Sure I could have spent many more hours and added more cloth capabilities to the hair... but I'll leave that in the few users hands.
I planned to spark some positive interest (mostly) with a good set of CC hair from the CC accessories offered here.. then giving back as as real-set of free 'CC-Hair' (skinned to CC head bone) for all
After a few sales. (done!complete). to cover some of my time/costs in re-developments... then I'd like to let it loose a free-for-all...
Stay tuned; I'll have a chat with RL Legal in offering copies of the CC_Hair pack for 0 points soon.

By SeanMac - 8 Years Ago
Hi Rampa

Thanks for that. I'll give them a try.

Mind you at the moment I am trying to get hair that (a) allows for hats and (b) displays various degrees of male pattern baldness.

Sean McHugh

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, 32GbDDR4 RAM, twin HD monitors, Huion H610 Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Win 1064 Bit OS

@3dtree: I think if you had simply attributed the origin of the hair and Rampa's contribution, there would have been less confusion. This is a sensitive subject that has caused problems in the past.
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
My feeling is that re-purposing free content really does not merit selling it. The original free content is usually stipulated as needing to remain free.

As for my contribution, all I did was learn how to get it into iClone effectively with a bit of physics where needed. It was both meant to be a learning experience for me, and a nice freebie for everyone else.

I did get acknowledged in a PM from Tree, and a message here. Smile

I would implore and encourage everyone to not re-sell free content. Even modified free content, unless explicit permission is given to do so.
By mtakerkart - 8 Years Ago
I would implore and encourage everyone to not re-sell free content. Even modified free content, unless explicit permission is given to do so.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 + 1+ Smile
It really is essentially the law, I'm sure in Reallusion's rules somewhere plagiarism is a sin. I believe I saw something about a big, good store shuttering in the marketplace over it.
By ididntdoit895 - 7 Years Ago
Where do I place this download file?

By ididntdoit895 - 7 Years Ago
Hey can you please tell me where to place this file after I downloaded it unto my desktop? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee
By videodv - 7 Years Ago
Thanks Rampa
Chris
By Peter (RL) - 7 Years Ago
ididntdoit895 (7/24/2017)
Hey can you please tell me where to place this file after I downloaded it unto my desktop? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee

The download is a zip file so unzip that first.

The hair files themselves are supplied as Accessories (.ccAcc) so you can copy them to your CC custom accessories folder below for easy access.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\Character Creator 2 for iClone Custom\Accessory\Head
By andrewlargin - 6 Years Ago
Downlaoded your hair a couple of days ago and am impressed.  From looking at what iClone offers and what is available to buy there seems to be a lack of variety hair wise, so am very glad to have it.  There is no way I will trying to do my own at the moment as I've got too many other things to learn so I really apreciate it   If I get to the stage where I produce anything that I think will be useful to others or have any useful info I will follow your example and share.  Thanks.
By ceelmogamidehaas - 6 Years Ago
Hi Peter,
I was wondering if the other way around was also possible? To use all the crazytalk 8 hair in iClone.? I tried to rename the crazytalk ctiHair into iHair but it fails to import into iClone.... Maybe you have a tip!
Thanks,

By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
ceelmogamidehaas (9/6/2018)
Hi Peter,
I was wondering if the other way around was also possible? To use all the crazytalk 8 hair in iClone.? I tried to rename the crazytalk ctiHair into iHair but it fails to import into iClone.... Maybe you have a tip!
Thanks,

Unfortunately Crazytalk 8 hair can't be used in iClone.