Backdward copatibility

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic263706.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By cosmicjoe - 9 Years Ago
Is there compatibility between iClone 3dXchange 5.5 and iClone 5.4 for Daz characters export?
By Grimhilda - 9 Years Ago
I don't want to be responsible for misleading you - especially if you are about to spend money depending on my answer - but I was able to take DAZ Genesis characters exported as FBX files and using 3dXchange5 PRO import them into Iclone5 PRO before I moved up to Iclone6.

I'm not certain if the actual version numbers of these programs makes a difference but if you've bought them and they aren't the latest, then you should be able to upgrade.

Two things to note:  I had PRO versions and I exported the original Genesis.  I'm not sure about G2F and G2M characters from DAZ.  
By mjordy - 6 Years Ago
I know this is a very old question,but if there's anybody still using Iclone 5 Pro and 3DXchange5 Pro,the answer is yes. You can export any character,including the latest Genesis 8 in FBX format into 3DXchange 5 Pro. But,in my case, I am able to import those characters without animations and/or morphs,otherwise the program crashes. I don't know what the reason for the crashes are.
One workaround will be to export the characters without the animations,and then export the animations in T-pose,plus animations in BVH format. And then apply it to the corresponding FBX character previously exported.