Crazy Talk 8 Mac?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic263011.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By bibbinator - 9 Years Ago
Crazy Talk 8 looks nice, will there be a Mac version?
By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
There will certainly be a Mac version however this won't be coming until early 2016.
By bibbinator - 9 Years Ago
That's fantastic! Now just waiting for iClone Mac ;-)
By vcamry1 - 9 Years Ago
Mac version not coming until early 2016! Where on the pre sale offer to members did it say that? I've already pre purchased Crazytalk 8 pipeline Mac version expecting it will be released the same time as the Windows version. If it's not coming until "early" 2016 that is very disappointing and misleading.
By BlueyCreative - 9 Years Ago
So the CrazyTalk8 for Mac has a pipeline version???? Does that mean we may expect iClone 6 for Mac as well?
By BlueyCreative - 9 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

I see there is a pipeline version of CT8 for Mac, does this indicate that iClone 6.? will be Mac compatible?
vcamry1 (12/13/2015)
Mac version not coming until early 2016! Where on the pre sale offer to members did it say that? I've already pre purchased Crazytalk 8 pipeline Mac version expecting it will be released the same time as the Windows version. If it's not coming until "early" 2016 that is very disappointing and misleading.

We do apologise for the disappointment.

You should receive an email soon from Customer Support explaining the plans regarding the Mac version. However to clarify no release dates for either the Windows or Macs versions were given in the pre-sale offer as development was still ongoing for both versions at that time.
JaffaDave (12/15/2015)
Hi Peter,

I see there is a pipeline version of CT8 for Mac, does this indicate that iClone 6.? will be Mac compatible?

Unfortunately an iClone 6 version for Macs is not in the immediate plans.
By egrossbach - 8 Years Ago
Is the mac version close to release? I purchased it in December based on the expected January release.  What's the status?

Thanks!
By Kelleytoons - 8 Years Ago
I do believe Peter wrote that it was on track for January -- so we're talking Real Soon Now (assuming this old man remembers properly).
By wacvet - 8 Years Ago
I would like to know the release date, as well. I pre-purchased it. January is almost over. You folks should know the exact release date by now, or let us know if something is going to postpone its release.
By animagic - 8 Years Ago
wacvet (1/28/2016)
I would like to know the release date, as well. I pre-purchased it. January is almost over. You folks should know the exact release date by now, or let us know if something is going to postpone its release.

You will be disappointed. Rarely can exact release dates be provided expect of course on the release date itself. I remember reading that the Mac version would be released later than the Windows version. Sometimes it's the other way around. I think CT7 Mac came before the Windows version.
By Rampa - 8 Years Ago
Looks like the Mac version is available from the product page now.
http://www.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk/default.html
By wacvet - 8 Years Ago
Yes, it's available now! I've already downloaded it, played with it, and been disappointed by it.
By Steve_Cody - 6 Years Ago
I just bought CrazyTalk 7, CrazyTalk 8, and CrazyTalk Animator 3, all for the Mac from the Apple App Store. It all installed fine.  I then went to the Reallusion Content Store to get Content for CrazyTalk 8. I got Stylized Classic Avatars, Oldies Avatars, and a bundle of stuff, including clothing and accessories.  The first problem? How to install it? There's no quick user's guide. Clickong the downloads from the purchase email asked me to point to a software to download it.  I chose CrazyTalk 8. That didn't do it.

I then hunted around the Internet, found this forum, and found a link to RLDownloader2R.app. I should have had to spend hours looking for this information. It should have been obvious and included with the program. Better yet, the Downloader should have been included with the software purchase from the App Store. The forum said that was how you installed the software.  I opened it up. A couple of the software packages downloaded. But the rest, including the avatars did not. A subsequent attempt to install brought up a window telling me that only half the items had downloaded and asked me if I wanted to continue the download. When I said yes, the software attempted to download, then quit. Next time I attempted, it told me that I had downloaded twice the number as earlier, but the total number I needed to download had doubled. My guess is that there is something wrong with the downloader, but it is hidden, so I can't use AppZapper to wipe it out and empty the cache file. 

The massive PDF user manual doesn't address how to download and install content on a Mac.. So far, I've spent about $100 on the program and content for something unusable. 

So, either the downloader is defective, or there is a secret way of loading content. You should have put some notice into on the App Store saying how you install content. Maybe you could have included a Read Me file. Or done a video. You have lots of videos. Putting one out to cover this topic should have been a no-brainer.  Daz3D, a company I buy a lot of stuff from, is somewhat PC focused, but is explicit on how Mac users can obtain the content they bought.  It took them a while to get there. 

A realize you're a smaller company than they are in terms of revenue and US workforce. But, come on, guys. Step up your game. You want to make iClone and CrazyTalk and Crazytalk animator the go-to animation packages on the Mac? First, make it easier for customers to use your products.
By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience downloading your content.

Normally the Content Downloader is installed when you install the software (CrazyTalk Animator 3 for example).

If you are still having problems downloading your purchased content packs, please can you contact Support using the link below. They will help you get this resolved.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html
By Steve_Cody - 6 Years Ago
Thanks, Peter.  You might want to check the bundles you posted at the App Store.  Only the app itself downloaded, rather than a folder containing the app, a read me, and the downloader.

I'll check with tech support
By dmwierz1 - 6 Years Ago
I'm late to this thread, but as a Mac user, wondering about the long-promised release of iClone for Mac? 

I'm contemplating the purchase of CT8 for Mac, but wondering why/if I should purchase the Pipeline version if there is no iClone for Mac?

If I have a Windows 10 machine, can I purchase iClone for Window, and move files from CT8 Mac to iClone for Windows (via a network or thumb drive)?

Thanks in advance.
By Peter (RL) - 6 Years Ago
dmwierz1 (4/23/2018)
I'm late to this thread, but as a Mac user, wondering about the long-promised release of iClone for Mac?

To the best of my knowledge a native Mac version of iClone has never been promised. iClone remains a Windows only product and unfortunately there are no plans for a Mac version at this time.

I'm contemplating the purchase of CT8 for Mac, but wondering why/if I should purchase the Pipeline version if there is no iClone for Mac?

If I have a Windows 10 machine, can I purchase iClone for Window, and move files from CT8 Mac to iClone for Windows (via a network or thumb drive)?

If you have iClone on a Windows PC you can certainly export 3D heads from CT8 Pipeline on your Mac and then copy them over to the Windows PC. Likewise you can export content from iClone/Character Creator on Windows and then import into CT8 Pipeline on Mac. Smile
By dmwierz1 - 6 Years Ago
Peter, thanks. I seem to recall reading something about iClone for Mac, but I must be mistaken.

Good to know I can still use "sneaker net" to exchange files between Windows and Mac OS.