Particles Missing From Scene Manager?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic262357.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By bud_20121023184423262 - 9 Years Ago
Hi All,

After having trouble finding my particles (two torches) in my scene manger. I created a brand new IC6 file and loaded in a torch. I then looked for it in scene manger -- not there!

I then "filtered" the scene manager, selecting only "particles" and it does not show up.

Any ideas?
By mtakerkart - 9 Years Ago
There is some thread of this known bug with this latest version of Iclone. We're waiting for the next update to fix it.
Thanks Mtakerkart,

I suspected there might be a thread on it somewhere. I have the darndest time using the forum's search feature. Even in advanced mode I can't seem to get it to hone in on (relevant) results. And even the results that do turn up all say say 0 Replies!

Maybe someone who's familiar with the thread will re-post the link here.

My project is dead in the water with this -- unless there is at least a work-around.

Peace,
Bud

By peppie - 9 Years Ago
I  had a lost block and it loaded up in another item that  was attached to another item . I watch closely where  I drag n drop now.
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
there is a "fix". Wink

Attach your particle to something. It'll show up as a sub-prop in the Scene Manger.
Thanks, Rampa,

I had tried that earlier but could not select the Torch to attach to my Dummy. However, now that you've confirmed this works I tried again -- being careful to make the attaching step the very next step after loading the Torch.

And as I'm sure you've already guessed . . . it works!

I think that's a hat-trick for you this week -- you've rescued me THREE times. Shoot, I think that means you're automatically on the payroll ;-)

Thanks again, man,
Bud