Import PDF as image for animation?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic256094.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By ireallusion - 9 Years Ago
Hye, i've been playing around with CT7, but apparently CT doesn't allow me to import pdf images in order to animate them?
Drag&dropping a .png is no problem.

About all of my images are in pdf, in order to reduce pixelation.
So it would be really great if CT can/could import PDF's...

Thanks for helping me out...
By AverageJoe - 9 Years Ago
PDF isn't really known as an image format per se, and as such providing support for PDF as an image would be odd, especially in a niche application such as this.  I'm sure they may consider it, but there are plenty of actual image formats that also reduce pixelation, especially if it's not a lossy compression format. I'd rather the developer spend there time on features that the majority of people would use, and I don't believe PDF as an image is high on the list of commonly used formats for images. 
By ireallusion - 9 Years Ago
well, yes... but it exists anyway and is a very handy format when one wants to compress without any visible quality loss or pixelation...
I'm sure it's wouldn't take many sleepless nights of coding in order to support pdfs...
By AverageJoe - 9 Years Ago
I edited this response because it sounded too negative... I don;t agree with PDF support, but there's no reason why you can't suggest it...
By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
ireallusion (10/1/2015)
Hye, i've been playing around with CT7, but apparently CT doesn't allow me to import pdf images in order to animate them?
Drag&dropping a .png is no problem.

About all of my images are in pdf, in order to reduce pixelation.
So it would be really great if CT can/could import PDF's...

Thanks for helping me out...

We will certainly make note of your request, but as PDF is not really considered a standard format for images it is unlikely to be supported in the near future.

We do appreciate the feedback though. Smile