clip studio very ceap 70 % sale - great texturing and drawing Ap

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic255342.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By vidi - 9 Years Ago
I use myself Clipstudio, because I like it so much more as Photoshop. Better Brushfeeling
and at the Moment it cost only $15 w00t
I use it use forall my pixel  drawings and Texturing for my model also cloth  and also I have it connected with iClone and 3D coat.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48415327/1grafikstransfer/alphabrush.png
so if you looking for a great drawing app for a tiny price ...  here . The PRO  Version is complete you do not need the EX ! EX has only more features for Print
http://www.clipstudio.net/en/

e.g. I have also  use it  in my last CT7 video.

By JC Weatherby - 9 Years Ago
vidi (9/25/2015)
e.g. I have also  use it  in my last CT7 video.

@Vidi...  I didn't know you could take Crazy Talk to Unity.  Really great Smile

By vidi - 9 Years Ago
Hi JC Smile Thank you  ! 
yes it is  the Unity CT 7 Plugin , very nice Toy for me  . I hope we will have this in the new CT8 Version too 
By AverageJoe - 9 Years Ago
One one hand, I'm very excited to see what CT 8 will be like, but on the other hand I also have very level of trepidation...  I wish RL would drop us some hints...

vidi, if you wouldn't mind, what are some of the things you like this software over some of the more well known apps?  Is it features you like better, the UI, the performance, etc...?  I use Photoshop, but sometimes I prefer some of the little less known editors as well, and am curious about this one...  Also, how is using it if you don't have a drawing tablet, and use mouse only?  And finally, is it compatible with the Surface Pro 3 (and works as a drawing tablet on the Surface Pro 3?)

I suppose I could look some of these things up, but I'm curious about your responses seeing as you;re an experienced user with it...

[EDIT]
Ahhhh, never mind...  This software is the same software as Manga Studio by Smith Micro. I actually have a copy of it, and I love it to death, but it's not so great without a drawing tablet, and is horrible on the Surface Pro 3 because the UI is sooo small and tiny.  Other than that, it is a great application.
By vidi - 9 Years Ago
many years ago  try japanese application it was called Illustudio.

But this software was only in japanese and also only in Asien  available.
From the first beginning I  use this software I was facinated from the brushes feeling   and the Inking pens  . I had never bevor such a joy to paint digital. 
I was  very sad that this aplication was not in english and not to buy in europe or amerika . 
But now many years later it is the same aplication from the same company only  the GUI looks now like PS and  it is called now Clip studio. 

btw also it are real PS Layer , that means ,  it will work as PS Layer  in Aplication that supported PS , eg. Animestudio or 3D coat ... PS self of course Wink 
The first europe release  was from smithmicro as Mangastduio 5

PotoShop is a nice Aplication for Photo editing,  no doubt, but for drawing ClipStudio is the Heaven for me. And not forget for that price BigGrin

my english is not enough to say why I so  happy with this app,  but I try  to say something Blush
fill tool auto-close gaps, scale the fill area, and ignore or acknowledge other layers.
Each line drawn can be individually manipulated. Thinned, thickened, moved, stretched, erased without interfering with other lines, etc.
The Inking pen can be lazy for more clean and accurat linework, and  with so nice line weights .  
Top notch Brushengine and very customize able.
incredible smooting and  Blending features. Really I want never use PS for painting more.   
I like the pespektive and  symmertry rulers . 3D support and features , e.g. also usefull as Guide for to draw all the CTA angles ...Sorry if my english is  too strange.Whistling

By vidi - 9 Years Ago

but it's not so great without a drawing tablet
Which  Drawing application is great without a drawing tablet and press intensive Pen ? BigGrin  I mean a drawing Application not a vector tool. 
I draw on my cintqu and on my old asus slate and have a great real drawing feeling. I wanted buy surface pro , but I think is not a good Idea,  like you say  Blink
vidi (9/25/2015)

but it's not so great without a drawing tablet
Which  Drawing application is great without a drawing tablet and press intensive Pen ? BigGrin  I mean a drawing Application not a vector tool. 
I draw on my cintqu and on my old asus slate and have a great real drawing feeling. I wanted buy surface pro , but I think is not a good Idea,  like you say  Blink

Oddly enough, because I couldn't afford a drawing tablet for a long time, I got very used to drawing/painting with the mouse.  It's harder to switch back to drawing by hand/pen than by mouse now.  But I also tend to do more illustration than drawing these days which is super easy with the mouse...  lol
By vidi - 9 Years Ago
Hard to believe. BigGrin The mouse really isn't meant for drawing 
I would suggest rather draw with paper and pencil 

vidi also mentioned that you really only need the Pro version, and that the EX version is related to printing.  This is not entirely true.  Initially, the purpose of this application isn't so much for drawing/painting images but to do Manga style comics.  And as such, the EX versions allows for multiple pages as well. (there are many more differences as well, but they're mostly related to single page versus multiple page).  And it includes 3D models, either as mannequins to use as a drawing guide, as well as actual pose-able characters.  And I just recently learned it'll import 3D models (obj, lwo, and (ta daaaa) FBX.  Why do I bring this up?  If you want to do comics, and you want to include iClone models, with 3DXChange you can export to FBX, import into Clip Paint Studio (or Manga Studo).

About a year ago, I put together a little comic for work using CrazyTalk Animator, and Manga Studio Pro.  It's comic paneling system is fairly awesome, and putting together this comic was actually pretty easy.  Anyway, just wanted to share a bit more about the capabilities of the software vidi is introducing here...

S.C.O.R.E. Comic
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d12tr8xuwr32ctu/AADvkOR4bWVNCyRlL2BnxvDca?dl=0

By JIX - 9 Years Ago
Wow, that´s really a great offer and Manga Studio is known as one of the best inking tools out there. Are there any differences between Clip Studio and Manga Studio except of the name?!
JJJAM (9/25/2015)
Wow, that´s really a great offer and Manga Studio is known as one of the best inking tools out there. Are there any differences between Clip Studio and Manga Studio except of the name?!

I don't believe so.  I know that historically Manga Studio was a few features behind, but I don't believe that to be the case anymore.  The deal is that Manga Studio is the physical version of Clip Pant Studio, meaning MS is only available on disc whereas Clip Paint Studio is only available as a digital download.  But I believe they are feature equal.
By vidi - 9 Years Ago
yes it is only the name different . The Program ist the same. 
Here is the comparison table

you will see,  not realy needed to buy the EX 

http://www.clipstudio.net/en/functions#func_03

By vidi - 9 Years Ago
S.C.O.R.E. Comic
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d12tr8xuwr32ctu/AADvkOR4bWVNCyRlL2BnxvDca?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d12tr8xuwr32ctu/AADvkOR4bWVNCyRlL2BnxvDca?dl=0

Nice  wizaerd ! Cool

I good Idea to expand the possibilities with the RL Toys

vidi (9/25/2015)
yes it is only the name different . The Program ist the same. 
Here is the comparison table

you will see,  not realy needed to buy the EX 

http://www.clipstudio.net/en/functions#func_03

No offense, but the comparison chart listed here is the most basic of basic... Here is a more comprehensive feature comparison.  You'll see it there are much more than printing differences...

http://my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-ex-5-compare.html

vidi (9/25/2015)
S.C.O.R.E. Comic
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d12tr8xuwr32ctu/AADvkOR4bWVNCyRlL2BnxvDca?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d12tr8xuwr32ctu/AADvkOR4bWVNCyRlL2BnxvDca?dl=0

Nice  wizaerd ! Cool

I good Idea to expand the possibilities with the RL Toys

This weekend I'm going to try importing an iClone 3D character and see what happens... WIsh me luck!  Smile
By vidi - 9 Years Ago
I have just try it.BigGrin
 I have drag a fbx to the canvas  I  can pose it , but no Texture here  and the eyes and Teeth are on the ground *LOL* But Now I could trace  from this a CTA Figure with all angle. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48415327/1grafikstransfer/clipstudio.png

vidi (9/25/2015)
I have just try it.BigGrin
 I have drag a fbx to the canvas  I  can pose it , but no Texture here  and the eyes and Teeth are on the ground *LOL* But Now I could trace  from this a CTA Figure with all angle. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48415327/1grafikstransfer/clipstudio.png

When exporting from iCLone/3DX, do you get a folder of textures?  If so, take those textures and the FBX and zip them all together (with no subdirectories) then drag and drop the ZIP file to the Canvas.  I do not know if that'll work, but it's what I've read and/or seen in videos...

I know this only says obj/lwo, but he also mentions FBX as well as lists it int he comments/description section.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un-S3gwhdMw

By vidi - 9 Years Ago
OK I will try Smile
By prabhatM - 9 Years Ago
Simply add the FBX file to the FBM directory, Zip it and drag to the canvas.
The best part :
Try fill the colour on the 3d Model Body parts ( on separate layers ) ! Also drag the 3D model into the Panel directly and Pose it. It's simply awesome.

prabhatM (9/25/2015)

Try fill the colour on the 3d Model Body parts ( on separate layers ) ! Also drag the 3D model into the Panel directly and Pose it. It's simply awesome.

Not sure I quite understand what you mean here...
By vidi - 9 Years Ago
zip file is here the key Thank you for the hint  ! Cool But the eyes and Teeth seems to be a problem . Maybe only with this figure ? 
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48415327/1grafikstransfer/clipstudio2.png
vidi (9/25/2015)
zip file is here the key Thank you for the hint  ! Cool But the eyes and Teeth seems to be a problem . Maybe only with this figure ? 

I wish I had an answer to give, but I won't be able to try it until I get home much later...
wizaerd (9/25/2015)
vidi (9/25/2015)

I wish I had an answer to give, but I won't be able to try it until I get home much later...

I tried it with a Fuse character, and didn;t have any issues with the teeth or eyes... (except for the Fuse eyelashes...  all solid, no "lash" to them).  I only have the Pro version of 3DXChange, so can't check with an iClone character yet.  Looking to see if I can find some kind of upgrade pricing on 3DX Pro to Pipeline...

By dh216832 - 9 Years Ago
I have the non-EX version as well and use it with my surface pro 3.  I have a Bamboo for my main workstation and have been looking at alternatives to Wacom (expensive).  There are trade-offs of course but the one thing I don't like about the 3 is it's smooth glass.   No feedback like a wacom.  Also if you draw strokes slow especially when inking never buy a surface until they change back to wacom.

I just recently tried the FBX import via zip and its a crap shoot on the eyes/lashes.  I'm just looking for reference anyway and just starting but I really hope RL keeps advancing CC and it's addons.  While the libraries in CS are good and you get accurate proportions, it doesn't deal with different body types, etc.  I'm not *that* great of an artist and I prefer cheats.  I still practice but when I want something quick if the app has automation I'm all over it.

Thanks for sharing vidi...I think clip studio is an excellent drawing program.  The feel is just exactly what I need.  And you can't beat the price compared to PS!

dh
dh216832 (9/25/2015)
I have the non-EX version as well and use it with my surface pro 3.  I have a Bamboo for my main workstation and have been looking at alternatives to Wacom (expensive).  There are trade-offs of course but the one thing I don't like about the 3 is it's smooth glass.   No feedback like a wacom.  Also if you draw strokes slow especially when inking never buy a surface until they change back to wacom.

I just recently tried the FBX import via zip and its a crap shoot on the eyes/lashes.  I'm just looking for reference anyway and just starting but I really hope RL keeps advancing CC and it's addons.  While the libraries in CS are good and you get accurate proportions, it doesn't deal with different body types, etc.  I'm not *that* great of an artist and I prefer cheats.  I still practice but when I want something quick if the app has automation I'm all over it.

Thanks for sharing vidi...I think clip studio is an excellent drawing program.  The feel is just exactly what I need.  And you can't beat the price compared to PS!

dh

Back a while ago I tried Manga Studio on the Surface Pro 2, and hated it.  The UI wasn't easy to work with because everything was minuscule, and hitting the right button or slider was practically impossible. Plus, I have the habit of resting my hand on it, which of course was a tremendous no-no, but drawing with my arm suspended above the surface just isn't natural.

Have any of these things been improved in the newer version of MS or CPS in combination with the Surface Pro 3?

After a bit more playing around with the provided 3D characters, and my imported Fuse character, I'd come to the conclusion that posing said character is really kind of a mess.  No constraints, and very easy to twist your model up quite a bit.  Not enugh to not ever use this software, but I'd be a bit more wary of the 3D character side of it.  Still a great drawing/inking app though..
By prabhatM - 9 Years Ago
wizaerd (9/25/2015)
prabhatM (9/25/2015)

Not sure I quite understand what you mean here...

Please refer to the image :
1) Canvas with Panels
2) Drop a 3D Model directly into a Panel
3 & 4) Pose as you like with camera and Model
5) Select a body part
6) Fill with new colour !!!!! Or, use any drawing / brush effect !!!
Note : This is a DAZ 3D FBX. Check the illustrative outline that you are getting by just dropping a 3d model !
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1844c1fc-d24c-4a07-bb05-f865.jpg

By dh216832 - 9 Years Ago
wizaerd (9/25/2015)
dh216832 (9/25/2015)

dh

Back a while ago I tried Manga Studio on the Surface Pro 2, and hated it.  The UI wasn't easy to work with because everything was minuscule, and hitting the right button or slider was practically impossible. Plus, I have the habit of resting my hand on it, which of course was a tremendous no-no, but drawing with my arm suspended above the surface just isn't natural.

Have any of these things been improved in the newer version of MS or CPS in combination with the Surface Pro 3?

The miniscule problem was mostly fixed in 8.1.  10 improves it even more.  The other problem there is that you end up always selecting things with the pen.  No assignable buttons.  So scaling really helps there.  My problem isn't my hand/palm but my eyes.  If I were 25 it wouldn't be an issue.  I'm 55 and always fight that regardless of program, size of monitor, etc.  

I have never had a palm rest issue with the surface 1 or 3 (skipped 2).  The driver can be setup to ignore palm input once you get close enough with the tip.  Its a small change in habits but you get used to it very very quickly.  Same thing on all the wacom tablets I've ever had.  That's why I'm looking at the Huion and others.  I'm not serious enough for a wacom.  I travel a lot and the surface is perfect for sketching and CS is great at sketching.  There are a couple apps in the MS app store that aren't bad as well, but nothing holds the candle to CS.

dh

dh216832 (9/26/2015)
wizaerd (9/25/2015)
dh216832 (9/25/2015)

dh

The miniscule problem was mostly fixed in 8.1.  10 improves it even more.  The other problem there is that you end up always selecting things with the pen.  No assignable buttons.  So scaling really helps there.  My problem isn't my hand/palm but my eyes.  If I were 25 it wouldn't be an issue.  I'm 55 and always fight that regardless of program, size of monitor, etc.  

I have never had a palm rest issue with the surface 1 or 3 (skipped 2).  The driver can be setup to ignore palm input once you get close enough with the tip.  Its a small change in habits but you get used to it very very quickly.  Same thing on all the wacom tablets I've ever had.  That's why I'm looking at the Huion and others.  I'm not serious enough for a wacom.  I travel a lot and the surface is perfect for sketching and CS is great at sketching.  There are a couple apps in the MS app store that aren't bad as well, but nothing holds the candle to CS.

dh

I'm 50, and find myself squinting more, dealing with hand cramps more and more often, and just general uncomfortable-ness sitting in a desk chair... I've been debating with myself whether or not I sould give it a try on the Surface Pro 3, although I've not really been using it much.  I have two fairly power desktop machines, and just recently got myself a pretty powerful ASUS notebook for doing iClone stuff on...  I just don't know about using yet another machine for sketching and/or drawing.
By jgrant - 9 Years Ago
I use Clip/Manga Studio for my comic work and agree that it is an outstanding toolset. Not only can you draw directly into the program, but you can also use it for layout and text/bubble creation with existing IClone renders. I manipulate mine quite a bit - but you can see samples of my work here at the Forum. Highly recommend it. 

Go here to see my work flow in Clip Studio

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/459205c9-6834-46c9-be8c-f08e.jpg
By vidi - 9 Years Ago
IClone renders

Looks good Cool.  like a real comic illustration
Hey vidi, what export options did you use in getting your iClone character into CPS? I ask because you had issues with the eyes and teeth, which I did not have.  However, I did have some really bad mangling of the character when trying to pose it in CSP. It's a shame the bones themselves don't highlight for posing because it appears that I grabbed something other than a bone, thus mangled her up pretty badly. Other than that, I do like the "look" of the character, the texture to me looks really good... The bleed through is pretty bad too on a CC character where the upper boundary of the limit is pushed a bit...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/80dcc548-232e-4dcf-9f20-14de.png
By vidi - 9 Years Ago
No Issue ,  it is because you try rotate  the twist bones.
you must grab only the Leg and Arm Bones. 
Between the main  bones are additional  twist bones.