Hourglass - Rigid Body Physics Model

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic245691.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsRAfUL5i_M&feature=youtu.be

Doing a prop like this is no easy task, and being impatient and watching the clock will get you nowhere; Especially when it takes 2 hours to generate a few seconds; 

The time delay is intentional, and was applied in the iClone6 World Scale Panel for Physics to slow the flow.  A larger than usual Dampening was also applied to keep the flow steady.

Most of the descriptive data is in this preview.  

Once the Rigid Body Physics is generated, you only need to save the individual pieces as a set and turn off any further generation by disabling the physics.  This saves some time, after you get what you want in the way of animation.

Project Size for Storage 1,111,175 gb
By JIX - 9 Years Ago
Phewww ... that was tricky, Cricky! Smile

Thanks for sharing all the background information ...
By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
Thank you for your comments.  I do these demos, more or less, to show the abilities that iClone has.  Some of the newer users will at least get an idea of the possibilities.  

Since doing this video, I have found some ways to even make it more efficient in production and rendering times.  Mainly in the production of the Sand, as those parts take up 90% of the time.  Each project has its challenges, especially when PhysX is being used. 

I gave away, a Hole in the Ground project, some time back, that uses one of the main principles in making this hourglass work.  

This will eventually show up in the Content store, with all parts as seen, minus about 3000 grains of sand to speed up download times.  Blink

JJJAM (8/4/2015)
Phewww ... that was tricky, Cricky! Smile

Thanks for sharing all the background information ...

By JIX - 9 Years Ago
Not only the newer users will get an idea, because it´s an extreme example. So many props ...

What really would speed up the production of such a scene is the technology shown in the follwing video, I guess.

Hopefully RL will implement PhysX FleX in iClone someday!