"COGNITIVE DIS" ... Short film

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic245076.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peaches Chrenko - 9 Years Ago
Smile My NEW Short film " Cognitive Dis"... Released Jul 2015 ... I composed the entire musical orchestration for this film... Peaches( aka Zola)

By planetstardragon - 9 Years Ago
you have the spirit of a true artist,  stunning work! Cool
planetstardragon (7/26/2015)
you have the spirit of a true artist,  stunning work! Cool

SmileSmileSmile Wow thank you  planetstardragon I'm so glad you liked it!! ... Thank you for taking the time to watch it and give feedback! BigGrin
By VirtualMedia - 9 Years Ago
Great story line, and lighting effects were well done. Also liked how the dripping water was created and used to evoke thought.
By Peter Blood - 9 Years Ago
A thought provoking story. Nicely done. Smile  I also liked your use of the dripping faucet.

Cool pete

VirtualMedia (7/26/2015)
Great story line, and lighting effects were well done. Also liked how the dripping water was created and used to evoke thought.

Smile Thank you VirtualMedia! ... As I am a singer/musician by trade w no film background, your comments about my storyline, lighting are words I could only dream of hearing! So glad you got the dripping water thing!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
peterblood (7/26/2015)
A thought provoking story. Nicely done. Smile   I also liked your use of the dripping faucet.

Cool pete

Hehe One of the dreams I had when I bought Iclone was to make films that would evoke emotions and thought so thank you Smile ... I liked the look of the dripping water faucet, but after a while started to wonder if anyone would really get it,  so it's Awesome that you too got the dripping water BigGrinBigGrin thanks peterblood!
By dwacon - 9 Years Ago
WOW!  That was awesome work!  Loved it!
By justaviking - 9 Years Ago
I totally agree with what the others have already said.  Wonderful work.

I also enjoyed and appreciated the interaction with props (turning pages, playing piano, etc.).  You had nice camera work, too, and I enjoyed the interesting and appropriate transition between scenes around the 2:05-2:10 mark,.

I must point out the great facial expression when the janitor spies the Red Book and his eyebrows lift up  You really conveyed that very effectively.

Oh, and the music too!  I loved the dramatic build around 3:45.  It got my pulse going!

Thanks for sharing.  Smile
dwacon (8/10/2015)
WOW!  That was awesome work!  Loved it!

SmileSmileBigGrin Thanks alot dwacon and congrats on your new film! I will definitely check out your future web home!
justaviking (8/11/2015)
I totally agree with what the others have already said.  Wonderful work.

I also enjoyed and appreciated the interaction with props (turning pages, playing piano, etc.).  You had nice camera work, too, and I enjoyed the interesting and appropriate transition between scenes around the 2:05-2:10 mark,.

I must point out the great facial expression when the janitor spies the Red Book and his eyebrows lift up  You really conveyed that very effectively.

Oh, and the music too!  I loved the dramatic build around 3:45.  It got my pulse going!

Thanks for sharing.  Smile

BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin I can't tell you how much your comments meant to me! Thank you so much for sharing those specific things with me. I spent so much time on each of those things so it was an awesome feeling to read your comment! So glad you enjoyed it Smile ... Peaches

By son.m - 9 Years Ago
I like the symbolism/metaphors you used (e.g. the universe with galaxies). The piano part is also nice.

The end was good, also because the first guy left the book in the trash (I would have found it illogical when he suddenly changed his mind/life just because of a random book he found so it was understandable that he was too scared for taking it with him).

The way you told your story reminded me a bit of old Chaplin movies, which I really like. It's cool to tell a story without dialogues Smile
By afterThought - 9 Years Ago
Really enjoyed this short, Peaches!  A unique way of getting a concept across without even a single word of dialogue. And to be able to drive the story with your own music - it's impressive!  Well done!

aT Smile
son.m (8/16/2015)
I like the symbolism/metaphors you used (e.g. the universe with galaxies). The piano part is also nice.

The end was good, also because the first guy left the book in the trash (I would have found it illogical when he suddenly changed his mind/life just because of a random book he found so it was understandable that he was too scared for taking it with him).

The way you told your story reminded me a bit of old Chaplin movies, which I really like. It's cool to tell a story without dialogues Smile

SmileBigGrinSmile Thanks alot son.m!  I'm so pleased you got my symbolism/metaphors and space references and  liked my piano & ending. Rolleyes..  I followed my gut, my vision, tried to do the best I could on all levels, and then crossed my fingers and just prayed the film would make sense, so thanks a million for sharing this with me and also the Charlie Chaplin reference is soo cool!! BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin 
afterThought (8/16/2015)
Really enjoyed this short, Peaches!  A unique way of getting a concept across without even a single word of dialogue. And to be able to drive the story with your own music - it's impressive!  Well done!

aT Smile

BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin Many, many thanks afterThought that's awesome that you enjoyed it!! ... I just so did not want the film to drag and be boring without dialogue, or for my music to be distracting or overwhelming,  so I love  the phrase you used  "drive the story with my music"...  Thank you so much! BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
It can be so difficult to break out of "familiarity". And then we have our natural resilience that makes us put up with what we shouldn't over time. Bad things become more beareable, or considered normal. Then something worse comes along and lather, rinse, repeat!

I thought you illustrated the idea very nicely. I really liked the piano suggesting sadness and hope (well, for me anyway), and also the poignancy of the older fellow feeling "it just wasn't worth it" while the young woman was ready to take it on.

Looking forward to your next piece. Smile
rampa (8/16/2015)
It can be so difficult to break out of "familiarity". And then we have our natural resilience that makes us put up with what we shouldn't over time. Bad things become more beareable, or considered normal. Then something worse comes along and lather, rinse, repeat!

I thought you illustrated the idea very nicely. I really liked the piano suggesting sadness and hope (well, for me anyway), and also the poignancy of the older fellow feeling "it just wasn't worth it" while the young woman was ready to take it on.

Looking forward to your next piece. Smile

SmileSmileSmile That's so true Rampa, well said ... All of your words are so very meaningful to me regarding this film because I am very passionate about this subject, so Thank You very much for That! ... The piano part was very important to me because I wanted it to suggest both sadness and hope so I'm glad that came across!  I'm very grateful that you took the time to share with me. Thanks again! SmileRolleyesRolleyes