Help! Export animation from iProp via 3Dxchange pipeline

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic243757.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By cly3d - 9 Years Ago
Hi All
 I bought the export licence for Big Boss's Crowds http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JIC9c188a1afcf3f0977&Refer=5

Everything works fine in iClone 6, but when I hit the "edit in 3DXchange" button, it imports the iprop, but a warning pops up saying animation will be removed.
I'm using 3DXchange Pipeline 6

Even loading the iprop directly from 3DXchange removes the animation.
My idea with buying this pack was to export the people in there along with the run/panic animation as FBX so I could render it in Poser.
Any ideas how I can do this?

Kind Regards
By planetstardragon - 9 Years Ago
have you tried re-verifying the license inside iclone ?   maybe the permissions need to be updated after the purchase. ie - your computer has no idea you made an additional license purchase,  it needs the new updated info from the RL server.
By cly3d - 9 Years Ago
Hi, yeah the license is reflecting as updated, and I can import and export from 3DXchange. (the bones arent red in the left panel.)
The issue is, the iProps (the people characters) on import into 3Dxchange, trigger a popup, that the animation will be removed. The people themselves then import when I dismiss the pop-up dialog.

Wondering if this is expected behavior in 3DXchange 6 pipeline, or a bug?

By Sen - 9 Years Ago
Hi , 

report to BB Wink
By Bigboss - 9 Years Ago
Do not worry Cly3D,...
I am at work at the moment so I will check this when I get home this evening. However, I do know that 3DXchange report that same warning even when the animations are part of the imported Prop. I believe that message relates to the X-Y translations applied top the Prop and not to the Animations themselves.

Please do the following:
1) Check in 3DXchange if you see any animations on the right hand side panel. If they are listed there, then you can ignore the warning.
2) If the animations are listed, select them and press the play button in 3DXchange to see the character perform the animation.
3) Make sure you export FBX with the Option "Include Animations" Checked.

I will also do some tests this evening but do not worry, we will solve this.
Cheers.

By cly3d - 9 Years Ago
Thanks BigBoss Smile

I'll wait for your tests later in the evening (might be midnight here, due to time difference)
To answer your previous questions - No, the animations do not get listed in the right side panels in 3DXchange 6.

I realize that the crowd pack (an excellent resource btw!) was created a while ago, and so things might have changed with the way 3DXchange is evolving.
But hoping the animations can be sorted so I can export as FBX into Poser.

Kind Regards.
By Bigboss - 9 Years Ago
Good News,... I did some test at home and it all works for me Smile

So here is what I did... First thing to know is that you need to use the Base Characters iProp and not the Pre-Build Crowd Groups because the root Prop for Pre-Build Crowd Groups is a Dummy and 3dXchange will not see the motions and therefore will grey out the export motion option (although the motions are there). I assume you tried using the pre-build Crowds and that is why it does not work.

So try this:

1) Start 3DXchange
2) Open either Gwynn or Chuck Base characters, they are called ''Small Crowds Runs & Panic_Base1F'' and ''Small Crowds Runs & Panic_Base1M''. These character hold an example of all motions in the pack.
3) You should see the motions in 3DXchange (see Pic..) and be able to export them.  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5c5da5d7-0729-4684-94fc-e246.jpg

Hope this helps... Smile
By cly3d - 9 Years Ago
I forgot to say thanks, Bigboss Smile
Thanks. It works perfectly.