Unity-Based CrazyTalk Interactive Web Solutions To Be Discontinued

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic242719.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago

Dear CrazyTalk Users,

As some of you might already know, Google will soon completely stop supporting the Unity player inside the Google Chrome browser. This means that after September 2015, all users will no longer be able to launch the Unity player from inside the Chrome browser, thus affecting the usage of some CrazyTalk plug-ins and web services. This is based on the schedule for The Final Count Down for NPAPI.

In response to this unstoppable environment change, Reallusion regrets to announce the removal of Unity-based CrazyTalk interactive web solutions from the Reallusion Store, which include:

• CrazyTalk Web Player and Avatar API
• CrazyTalk Web Application Templates
• CrazyTalk Text to Animated Message Service [TAMS]

Please take note that the CrazyTalk Interactive plug-in, will not be affected by this upcoming Unity web player change, and it will still play the crucial role of exporting Unity formatted avatars and script files for developers to use and design Unity-based games and interactive apps. This will work for both exporting execution files for PC and Mac, as well as for mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms.

To amend the gap, Reallusion has started to look toward WebGL as it is the candidate for future web player architecture. However, the compatibility for WebGL is not yet consistent between popular browser vendors and mobile platforms, as so far it is still in "Preview Status" inside the Unity forums. Reallusion will announce its future CrazyTalk web player policy right after the release of the new CrazyTalk 8 (before end of 2015), as we do hope that the new browser atmosphere will be clearer at that time.

We sincerely apologize to all users who have purchased the CrazyTalk Interactive Plug-In for Web Applications, as this will undoubtedly cause them a great inconvenience. For more information on our refund policy, we kindly ask that you please contact our Reallusion Customer Support directly.

If you would like to know more about Google's upcoming decision, then feel free to read up on the links below.

Thank you for your trust and consideration. We really appreciate your understanding on this issue that is out of our hands.

The Reallusion Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google Chrome Browser Update Disables Unity Plugin April 17th, 2015
Google Chrome just killed the Unity Web Player April 16, 2015

By eric.r.lesch - 9 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the update on this issue.

Does Reallusion intend to continue offering support to users who have already purchased and are using the Web Player via the Unity Plugin on their websites (excepting Chrome support of course)?

Thanks,
Eric

For any CrazyTalk 7/Interactive Plugin/Unity Plugin support issues you can still contact us via the Support Form. However the actual CrazyTalk Web Player (Powered by the Unity Web Player) will be discontinued and will no longer be available from our store. The same applies to the Application Templates.
By rebitmusic - 9 Years Ago
Wow, im using CrazyTalk with Unity  for animation projects, for me doesnt matter web plugin, i use the chars inside the unity Engine, so please do not discontinue the crazytalk with Unity Integration.
The pipeline from CrazyTalk 7 to Unity is not affected by the changes. You can continue to use the Unity plugin just as you have been doing. Smile
By yhuang - 9 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

I see there's a TTS API service where I can submit some text and get back the CrazyTalk animation and audio to be played on the web and the web player is getting discontinued.

Is there a similar API service where I already have the audio file and want to get the animation that is lip synced to the provided audio file? I want to do this programmatically like the Crazy Talk Demo app on the App Store. Is this API available? And if not will it be available in the near future?

Some background on why I need such a feature. I'm building an application where I need an actor to animate on dynamically generated audio and generating an animation manually for every possibility is impossible. With an API/SDK service, I could feed it the audio file and get back an animation.