Character Creator / lip-synch improvement requirements - iClone 6 and 3dxchange 6

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic240942.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By MickM - 9 Years Ago
I'm not "getting" this. Is the new character creator (and lip-synch improvements) a component of iClone 6? or is 3dxchange 6 required to use it? I received an email today for a special price on 3dxchange 6 that's only good for 72 hours, but I don't want to spend $179 for 3dxchange 6 if it is not necessary to get the character creator (and improved lip-synch). I do not need to export characters/props from iClone, but I would very much like to be able to use these two new features. Sure would appreciate a clarification, please.
By animagic - 9 Years Ago
In another thread, Peter said that this will be an update of iClone (in v6.2). 3DXchange is not required, unless you want to import characters (such as DAZ). It's just that 3DXcahnge 6 is updated in tandem with iClone 6 in order to be compatable with newly introduced features.

Peter, please correct me if I'm wrong...
By MickM - 9 Years Ago
Thank you so much, Animagic! One follow-up please; I have 3dxchange 5 pipeline with iClone 5 installed on another computer. Can I not just use 3dxchange 5 pipeline to import DAZ characters, then move them to my iClone 6 computer and use them there? I still am not seeing the advantage of upgrading to 3dxchange 6 if I do not want to export characters/props...
By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
MickM (6/23/2015)
I'm not "getting" this. Is the new character creator (and lip-synch improvements) a component of iClone 6? or is 3dxchange 6 required to use it? I received an email today for a special price on 3dxchange 6 that's only good for 72 hours, but I don't want to spend $179 for 3dxchange 6 if it is not necessary to get the character creator (and improved lip-synch). I do not need to export characters/props from iClone, but I would very much like to be able to use these two new features. Sure would appreciate a clarification, please.

The G6 Character Creator is a component of iClone 6.2. The major benefit for having 3DXchange 6.2 Pipeline will be the ability to export all those fantastic characters you create in the G6 Character Creator.  If you only plan to use the characters you create in iClone then you won't need 3DXchange 6 Pipeline, but you still may want to import 3rd party characters like Daz Genesis figures with the improved lip-sync features of 3DX 6.2.

Then when we release 3DXchange 6.3 you will be able to use this to help create your own morphs and cloth for use with the G6 Character Creator. Smile

By MickM - 9 Years Ago
Doggone it, Peter. Looks like, from your response, that I'm going to need the 3dxchange 6 for the improved lip synching after all. You folk are so far ahead in the field of 3D animation - it's amazing how far Reallusion has come from version 3, and "it" was far ahead in the field of its day too! I moved completely away from Poser and DAZ after finding iClone 3... 3 hrs to render one minute in the former turned into less than 30 seconds in the latter. Thank you for not stopping at 3. I cannot imagine what the future might hold.

And, thank you for your clarification.