Just saying hello from the UK

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic239928.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By johnmuscutt - 9 Years Ago
Just saying hello from the UK.
Got iClone6 after experimenting with crazytalk previously - looking to promote home produced music on you tube. I had limited success ( see 'muskratstudios' on you tube and make up your own mind).
Maybe I was too ambitious to start with but some projects took hours to render and I had menuscreens all over the place! Now I am using two monitors and a powerful  videocard and raring to go on my next project!
Have loads of 'how do you ----' questions if I can connect with some more experienced users!
By mark - 9 Years Ago
Hey and welcome! BigGrin Yep it does take a bit of time to get the hang of it... and I for one am still learning something everyday. But if this stuff were easy everyone would be doin' it!!! Take you time and have fun with iClone. And there are some pretty smart folks around that can surely help out!!:Tongue Tongue
By jgrant - 9 Years Ago
Hi Muskrat Studios

I just started to work with IClone 6 and there is an awful lot to like about this software. Check out Mark and Warlord's tutorials plus the ton of content available on the Reallusion page. Visit the new Contest promotion and check out the incredible work being done to support that. The WIP blog posts are very helpful. As Mark said, it takes time - but keep at it. I'm doing specific exercises each day - animation, lighting, camerawork, texture, importing and converting, rendering and the like. As IClone 6 continues to evolve, I am convinced the platform is robust enough for complete and complex cinema - and am digging right in. I wish you much success.
Thanks! I really enjoyed the creativity so clear in your work! I have taught physics for 40 years but was quite happy to suspend Faraday's laws! Levitation I have done but, so far, no disappearing!
Thanks for your reply! I am 64 years old but I really want to 'rock'! Where do you suggest I go to ask really 'dumb' and 'newbie' questions like 'I can attach the left hand of my guitarist to the guitar but the right hand thrashes through it'?
By mark - 9 Years Ago
johnmuscutt (6/13/2015)
Thanks! I really enjoyed the creativity so clear in your work! I have taught physics for 40 years but was quite happy to suspend Faraday's laws! Levitation I have done but, so far, no disappearing!

Oh my! Guess I'll have to brush up on my physics!! Can't get too far out with Mr. T !!!!!TongueTongueTongueTongue
By justaviking - 9 Years Ago
Welcome to the iClone family, John.   Smile

Find the "iClone --> General" section to ask your questions.
Have fun!