Anything Goes!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic236922.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By planetstardragon - 9 Years Ago
Going off topic is a tradition in this forum,  and quite frankly it can be fun to just roll with a conversation BigGrin
so I made this thread....talk about any kitten thing you want in any order you want,  if something becomes an important topic and you want to focus on it,  take it to a new thread,  staying on topic is forbidden in this thread!

I'll open the thread with the latest animation from the guy that made Pigeon Impossible.

I'm not impressed!   

Conclusion: Nice story bro,  but the visuals needed more cowbell!!  Tears just aren't enough anymore!  we need confusion and chaos to cater to the internet attention span!  -two finger clap-

which btw,  for those that haven't seen Pigeon Impossible,  it's a visually entertaining video, with a fun story -  lots of detail on the set that keeps the viewer glued to the screen!   None of that bland cloud stuff!! -smh-

make a conscious effort to study yourself when you watch this video,  you will look at all the background stuff in the story in between focusing on the main characters..... the theory I find,  is the more a scene has,  the more a person will watch,  focusing on 1 object is exhausting.

By Bigus - 9 Years Ago
The OceanMaker - I ran into it before.
For some reason I could not bring myself to watch after 2.5 minutes.
It does not happen to me often with short animated films.
The Pigeon Impossible I watched a few of times. Perfect.
By Peter Blood - 9 Years Ago
Dayum, y'all are a tough crowd! Blink

I thought the Ocean Maker video was superb. Sets were beautiful, character animation was way beyond anything I've seen done here, special effects, everything was just beautiful. I couldn't have stopped watching it at 2 minutes because I wanted to see the whole story. I have no frame of reference as to way that cute little rain making honey was being shot at, but the conflict was evidence enough that she wasn't playing by whatever rules the big boys wanted her to play by. I love a cute revolutionary.

My vote is it's an awesome video. Wink

Cool pete
Don't get me wrong,  I thought the story was interesting,   the visuals imo felt like he took a shortcut though!
By Tarampa Studios - 9 Years Ago
Kudos for the fun-n-free thread!...

re the vids, I loved both too... for separate markets obviously. One is purely entertainment, while the other has social moral merit that's been artfully produced in a way that would also appeal to the huuuugely lucrative educational market... the open space also makes the desolation more emphatic and less distracting to those who have trouble latching on to emotional angles, so it's understandable why they chose to go that way, especially when they clearly have the talent to throw in as much as they like... 

then again, the vid that follows it explains how they dislocated themselves from New York and moved to a tropical isle to produce it, so maybe they just needed more time on the beach with mojitos, hahahaa

Anybody know what suite they used?
Looks like Maya via Renderman maybe?

nice observation Bleetz,  that's what I felt too,   Oceanmaker didn't feel like what you expect to see on the internet - now considering how many rounds he makes with Film Festivals ..it would make more sense ..

and on his workflow - 

"Animation-wise the pipeline chosen involved Softimage and Maya with rendering in Mental Ray. “I’ve been using Mental Ray with Softimage forever,
Excerpt from http://www.fxguide.com/featured/animating-in-paradise-making-the-oceanmaker/

it's really a shame that Softimage is about to be discontinued -  it's the one software from autowreck that I may have considered from all the great reviews and users it had.   Maybe I'll get it after they discontinue it ! lol
By primaveranz - 9 Years Ago
I loved everything about it. I wonder if they stopped where they did because they didn't get the full funding they were after on IndieGoGo .
Even so, I think it hangs together well as it stands.
Nah, they stopped there, because that's the strongest punchline... the irony being that saving the planet and restoring the ocean required the death of the one person who'd worked the hardest towards saving it... and while others are still up there, flying about and fighting over that last drop of natural resources, there are still a rare few who stay grounded with their sights looking out to the future.. hence also the character in the battlescarred lighthouse...  and what a magical moment of storytelling and animation came together in that one brief glint in her eye that told us everything we needed to know... that *she* is the one who'll go on to turn rain into oceans... especially combined with perfect timing of the title (which was absent from it's normal place at the beginning, as is common with many youtube animations, and therefore played on our alleged foreknowledge of social media)...

technically speaking, it was quite clever on many more levels than we're used to seeing, especially in that fun category of animation that we tend to devour quite ravenously without pausing enough to savour as much of the flavour as we possibly could... but I also love the change of pace, because if we all made the same degree of busy screens, we'd be yawning through them in no time too... so the more animators who strive for that style, leaves more of the market hungry for those of us who crave the details... Smile

Smile
hrmm,  i like that .....makes me consider reverse engineering a great quote into a short!  
I think you could do great things with that... I've only been poking my timid voice into conversations here for a few months, but I've caught up on most of your posts and can see how well you tend to cut to the chase when it counts. The best storytellers can always do that 
my main skill is music production,  and song writing, edm, #shaddapanddance type music -  i've been working at crossing over that experience to making videos  - brain overload most of the time in between tutorials and researching!  there are a lot of similarities in the creative approach,  but there's a lot of technique to learn.   Understanding concepts is one thing,  learning effective execution of those concepts is quite another!

Basically I get it,  now I'm just trying to understand what it is exactly i get! lol
Bleetz (5/26/2015)
Nah, they stopped there, because that's the strongest punchline...

I hope that's the case. So many good movies are ruined by the director succumbing to the temptation to "explain"  or simply make money by producing a sequel.
By justaviking - 9 Years Ago
primaveranz (5/26/2015)
Bleetz (5/26/2015)
Nah, they stopped there, because that's the strongest punchline...

I hope that's the case. So many good movies are ruined by the director succumbing to the temptation to "explain"  or simply make money by producing a sequel.

"The Ring" (American version, 2002) is my favorite of example of a movie that should have ended a few minutes earlier.

Anyone who watches a certain "cursed" video will die within a few days.  A journalist has the tape, and catches her son watching it.  Now, if it's true, she's in a race against time to save him.

I'm not usually into horror films, but I found the way it slowly revealed the imagery from the video was well done.

MY COMPLAINT... (SPOILER ALERT)... At the very, very end, after everything is resolved, they show a copy of the tape being put back on the shelf at the local video store, waiting to be rented by the next victim.  That was cheesy.  Just like a 1950's Sci Fi movie (like "The Blob") where they'd put up "The End"... followed by a question mark.  It was such an obvious setup for a potential sequel that the last 30-seconds of the movie dropped it from 4 (of 5) stars down to 3 for me.
I bought a battery-powered (rechargeable) lawn mower a few days ago.  Is that random enough for this thread?
My grass was quite tall, and I look forward to using it then the lawn merely needs to be trimmed.
The "mulching" is not impressive, but it cut nicely, is light-weight, and very very quiet.
My wife really latched onto the notion of "no gas" (less fuss, and less stink in the garage) and "no starter rope to pull" and that's what motivated the purchase.
LOL @JV,   the off-topic concept was really because often when we get into interesting discussions,   a new topic / idea is inspired during the discussions but talking about that idea is often considered going off topic -   I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we simply talk about whatever inspires us.    Your lawn mower post just reminded me of when I use to live across the street from a beach,  ahhh the smell of cut grass and gas fumes from a lawn mower and sea water-  and the beach security guard that use to whistle songs from the 40's every day when opening the gates to the beach!!

the difference an artists view makes,  

I really enjoyed this particular episode of Star Trek the Next Generation,    you can tell that the staff / writers / directors from the original star trek were involved, ...it just has original star trek written all over it ....   I'm really a fan of the new directors work on Star Trek  the Next Generation -  but this episode makes clear the differences of influence .....I also came to appreciate that they actually Re-personafied Captain Kirk as Will Riker -  and Picard is a Next generation Commander.     "Fascinating" - Spock (RIP )

yes,  i'm a nerd like that - running out of episodes to watch on youtube though!  -  I already went through the entire collection of "Friday the 13th - the series"  loved that show!!   ( warehouse 13 had the same allure for me as well ) 

planetstardragon (5/26/2015)

I really enjoyed this particular episode of Star Trek the Next Generation

• Relics (S6, E4)... Engineer Scott from the original series put himself in a form of suspended animation and is revived many (70?) years later and finds himself behind the times on the technology, and feels useless.  In addition it being a clever way to have an original character make a guest appearance on the new series, it makes for a nice morality play that explores the feelings of the elderly and whether they still have anything of value to offer.

• Attached (S7, E8)... Captain Picard and Dr. Crusher develop a psychic link while trying to escape an alien prison.  It's a great and often lighthearted look into the differences between men and women, leader and crew, and what we say vs. what we think.  In one scene, Crusher asks which way to go; Picard pauses, and then boldly points and says, "That way." Crusher realizes he doesn't have a clue which direction to go, tells him that, and he explains that many times a crew needs to believe their captain knows what he's doing, and he can't afford the luxury of showing doubt and uncertainty.

• Sarek (S3, E23)... A masterpiece of acting by Patrick Stewart.  The Vulcan ambassador Sarek (Spock's father) has an illness that makes it difficult for him to control his emotions.  To help him complete some difficult peace negotiations, he forms a mind link with Capt. Picard, who acts as a safety valve and is able to release Sarek's emotions.  Picard laughs, cries, expresses bewilderment, and sobs with regret that he (Sarek) couldn't even say "I love you" to his son.  Picard randomly releases over a hundred years worth of bottled-up emotions.  It's a powerful episode and an amazing performance by a classically trained actor.

• The Inner Light (S5, E25)... Contact with an alien probe causes Captain Picard to "live" an entire lifetime on another planet.  Basically it implanted memories, and was that race's way of preserving their heritage, knowing their sun would go nova and destroy their world.  Picard loved, got married, raised a child, grew old.  A favorite possession was a little tin flute he learned to play.  When he recovered from the effects of the probe, it was a real shock to find himself back on the enterprise, having just lived a different life.  Contained in the probe was the little tin flute, and the episode closes with him sadly playing his little tune as he mourns the loss of the civilization and the people he loved.

• The episodes with "Q" were often lighthearted and Q (John de Lancie) was always a delight to watch.  You usually have to turn off a large portion of your brain when watching episodes with an omnipotent being, but they were fun and entertaining, even while exploring the "human condition"  The best science fiction is really about people, not technology, and the ability to help us look at ourselves was one of the things that helped establish Star Trek as a cultural icon.

all classic episodes of which I have enjoyed dinner over in recent weeks lol!! BigGrin

Q!!!

From the episode where he was made human and open to mortality - Deja - Q
http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/3x13/deja_q_hd_411.jpg
interesting find https://www.heroforge.com/
By DELETED2 - 9 Years Ago
THE OCEAN MAKER...
This is an ultimate and sup[erb piece of animation.
What surprised me about it was the fact that it involved so many.
I loved the set. And obviously they did too because there's alot of work promoting its vast desolation with just enough to deliver the story.

Sadly, as per usual in here, too many are sitting on their "Smug self satisfied" cushions spitting gob at those who understand the psychologies of delivering speechless storylines without anything that even closely competes with it.
You're missing the point of the video. its nbot about what YOU expect to see or what YOU wopuld have done or what YOU prefer....
It's all about delivering a flavour inside a storyline that was the character-requirement of the director.
There's a romance inside this video you've all missed.

Self sacrifice.
A Quest without a price.
A Goal without heroism.
Narrow sighted blinkered vision gut-determination.
The splash of colour from the character after wide pans of dull pastel sandy dry DRY desolation.

And the beauty of the watery cloud.
The typical do-or-die manner in which it all ends.
The death with a cause.

And you trash it like its some kind of supermarklet queue entertainer.
The Ocean maker is one of the top animations I've seen that not only creates an after-feeling having watched it but that, if you study it, (taking that mosdt of you still understand the priinciple of the word STUDY)  you can see that nothing in it ISNT re-ccreatable inside iClone.
What in that beautiful animation CANT be created with iClone.

This is one of the reasons I walk other forums and log notes and examples and W.I.P. stills inside my own private forums for track recording because in here, in this supposedly ANIMATION ORIENTED forum there feels to be nothing more than self centred, gloating-over-nothing, emotionally-blind bigots who can't see further than their self praising noses when it comes to masterpieces that leave them in the dust.

Millions of people make Robot Avatars.....
only one knows how to deploy it in an animation.

"Modellers create broken hearts....
Animators cause broken hearts..."

And on this firestone.... I leave.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5429c305-8587-4bd3-8a38-b843.jpg
Armstrong.
By bluemidget666 - 9 Years Ago
I am a BANANA,!
Modelers make Broken hearts
Animators cause Broken hearts.

Now talking about smug self satisfied isn't this a tad like a painter looking down his nose at the artist who makes the paint, or the artist who makes the brushes. Take these away and you have no animation you have Broken no hearts because you do not have the skill set to produce everything needed to create your art.

There is a reason why violinists want to own a Stradivari .

And the crying child , what's that about ? She don't break my heart , I've brought up 3 kids and a grand son , she is probably crying because she stuck a cheese sandwich into the dvd player and got caught and now can not watch Frozen for the 100 th time.

Broken heart, I'll give you a Broken heart

This is our Prime Minister

when told he can only screw another 13 billion from the sick and disabled.

BANANA , BANANA , BANANA .....
By Bigus - 9 Years Ago
Armstrong (5/31/2015)
Sadly, as per usual in here, too many are sitting on their "Smug self satisfied" cushions spitting gob at those who understand the psychologies of delivering speechless storylines without anything that even closely competes with it.
You're missing the point of the video. its nbot about what YOU expect to see or what YOU wopuld have done or what YOU prefer....
It's all about delivering a flavour inside a storyline that was the character-requirement of the director.

you trash it like its some kind of supermarklet queue entertainer.
The Ocean maker is one of the top animations I've seen that not only creates an after-feeling having watched it but that, if you study it, (taking that mosdt of you still understand the priinciple of the word STUDY)  you can see that nothing in it ISNT re-ccreatable inside iClone.
What in that beautiful animation CANT be created with iClone.

This is one of the reasons I walk other forums and log notes and examples and W.I.P. stills inside my own private forums for track recording because in here, in this supposedly ANIMATION ORIENTED forum there feels to be nothing more than self centred, gloating-over-nothing, emotionally-blind bigots who can't see further than their self praising noses when it comes to masterpieces that leave them in the dust.

Millions of people make Robot Avatars.....
only one knows how to deploy it in an animation.

"Modellers create broken hearts....
Animators cause broken hearts..."

And on this firestone.... I leave https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5429c305-8587-4bd3-8a38-b843.jpgArmstrong.

WHAT? 
what is this? 
Did someone offended YOU or YOUR family? 
I always enjoy your art-work and poetry-like posts, but what is this, man? 
You talk bad about forum friends for an opinion? Are you for real? 
It's OK. Just please, mate, don't hurt yourself by taking everything to seriously and personally...
BlueMidget: Tongue 

"she is probably crying because she stuck a cheese sandwich into the dvd player and got caught and now can not watch Frozen for the 100 th time."

"HAHAHAHA" Now that was funny!  (and probably the truth of the matter. Hehe )

As for THIS GUY...

Broken heart, I'll give you a Broken heart 

This is our Prime Minister 
when told he can only screw another 13 billion from the sick and disabled.

Politicians like this dingle-nut are all to common everywhere. We have these clown here as well. They seem to forget that if the super rich weren't sucking up every available dollar (pound) so they can buy more caviar the rest of us could take care of ourselves. Our governor has a phrase: "The sun is shining on Kansas!"  and from his mansion it looks like it is. Unfortunately the sun stops shining at the fence surrounding that mansion but he'll never see it...the sun is in his eyes.

"Religion is the only thing that keeps the poor from murdering the rich." - Napoleon
how much do you think it would cost the users to have morphine and/or euphoria plugged into iclone ?!! http://www.naturalmotion.com/middleware/euphoria/ obviously it would cost reallusion in licensing,  but ultimately the users would pay for it in a price increase or plug in upgrade. I am very impressed with the ai animations i'm seeing in GTA V - would love to see that type procedural animation in iclone.  How I see it being used in iclone is for not only building crowds, traffic,  birds, animals ....but euphoria / morphine make it interactive ....so if for example you animate Mason Throwing a Rock,  and euphoria has a bird flying over the animation,   it will have the birds near the rock react and look like they are flying away from the rock   or if you are jogging and have a crowd set in front of you,   you will have the extra's looking back as you are coming through and move out the way without having to animate any of it,  since it's ai.  It's very cool and adds a ton of life to the scene and would be a feature that would take iclone to the next level -  closer to gaming engine performance,  but still an easy to use animation software.

oh,  and I found this too! http://www.disneyanimation.com/technology/opensource
anything from there we could use in iclone ?! lol w00t

if Iclone added voxels in a future version,  I could see the "dynamica"  plug in from the disney page be awesome.   Dynamica blowing up the voxels,  and euphoria having crowds reacting to a building collapsing! w00t
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
Interesting find PSD. Here's another. You have been warned! Wink
Pony Creator
haha ,  Nice Smile

it seems this might be the future of character design.
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
You can download an SMD (Source) format model that is rigged.
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
A few bones came in out of place and need some editing in Blender (got the Source importer), but here's what you get.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4a11a4e1-2631-4039-b27d-b4f2.jpg
... speaking of horses... to veer off on another blissful tangent momentarily...

I love this animation, and the punchline with the title at the end:

... but I'm also wondering how we can use iClone's physics and/or cloths to simulate the horse's reins and mane at 4:30mins... 

I've tried several times with cloths and physics cones etc - I've even tried boning the mane in other software (but iClone can't seem to handle the number of springs needed), so I must be doing something wrong. Logic tells me that several cloths pinned along the neck (with hidden dummies along the neck as coliders) should work for the mane, with settings maybe for leather...? But I've spent days trying to crack that nut, and get the feeling that I must be overlooking something really simple....

(I'm new to physics and cloths)... and still using iC5, mostly... 

So I'm totally lost with the reins, and how to set up a rope (or chain) to be pinned at both ends and yet still flexible in between... I've read the manual, but it's too vague to help, so does anybody know of any youtube/vimeo tutorials that may include a walk-through of a similar situation?

Bigus (5/31/2015)
WHAT?  what is this?  ...//... I always enjoy your art-work and poetry-like posts, but what is this, man? 

Hi Bigus... thanks for reading my post. Well, it's kind of like this. Everyone's all gooey and cool and lovably huggy n stuff... and then I COME ALONG and KAZWALLOP..... Mayhem, disorder, out-of-the-box in-your-face blitz'd warfare. Antagonistic... Threatening... and in a kind of way, gutter-press headline-shockably reaction stirring.... or thats the theory.
I kind of hope my grenade attacks will inspire people to think again instead of sitting there like a rotting cabbage smelling bad odorously and suddenly feel like a Red Hot Chilli on a MISSION TO DEFEND THE RIGHT TO AN OPPINION.
Not sit there whining like an onion.
Sometimes it works... (like the anti-cannabis anim... (HAH!) Tongue ) sometimes it doesnt.
I dont go along with the sheep. Too much wool over the eyes.

I say... WAKE UP!

And BlueMidget999, Hi, long time no warring... Tongue BigGrin 
In reply to your condescendance... (nasty big word... 11 letters mnore than youre used to I know.... Laugh Wink  
Re: "Modellers Create Broken Hearts.
Animators Cause Broken hearts."
I say... "If you dont understand the material you can't make the right tool for the craftsmen to shape it."
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about that.

Lots o' love....
Armstrong.

I knew full well you through out a lure and I bit, but that's the fun of it all.Smile
Armstrong (6/1/2015)

Hot Chilli on a MISSION TO DEFEND THE RIGHT TO AN OPPINION.

ouch,  you hog tied yourself and your position,  you are wrong and you have to defend my right to say so to make your point valid w00t

notice How I said nothing about your spelling -hugs-     I'm guessing well thought out strategies aren't big in these parts Whistling
This!

Totally on topic -  being that i created this thread to be totally off topic lol

I'm trying my hand at this software called -  "The Brain"  http://www.thebrain.com/

I'm trying to build my label / production company in a new say  - basically reinventing the wheel but delivering it in a box lol so I'm constantly brainstorming new ideas and workflows,  basically finding trends I enjoy and mix / matching them.
This sometimes means a new website,  other times,  it means a poster,  other times it means some other new gimmick I find or new idea to present new releases.    So i looked for software like "The brain"   to help me try to organize my constant brainstorming,    I've come up with a lot of interesting ideas,  but at this point,  it's so many of them that i need to organize this dresser drawer full of ideas on tissues,  matchbook covers and article snippets lol  ( which is virtually floating in my brain )  

was wondering if anyone else had any experience in software like this or brainstorming / idea planning.  A regular planner wasn't enough,  i'm all over the place doing research ...good research,  but none the less all over the place looking for ways to puzzle them out to work as one machine.     
By prabhatM - 9 Years Ago
When I started my career in Advertising, I developed all my concepts mostly on napkins while sipping tea or beer. I usually would draw thumbnails of the size 1"x2" and do the advertising layouts. I would even mark the Typesetting on that small thumbnail and send for composing. Those days, we did not have computers. So we had to send for typesetting which would reach us in the form of photo bromides that the artists would cut and paste.

When I moved to IT and ITES as an entrepreneur, the same habit surfaced. I used napkins for the system and process design. It used to be real fun.

Then I moved to Mind Map softwares which were same replica of my paper napkin concepts.

I started with a programme called CONCEPT DRAW which is still my favourite. Through this I could convert all my mind maps to Projects ( MS PROJECT ) easily. I don't do PPT presentations. I do all my presentations through this.

When I adopted Tablets as my companion, I started using a programme called Simple mind. It's nice. These days I do all my project design on this. I would love to share a screen print to tell you how complex typical designs could be. ( Any way to take a screen print of an Android device content ? ) But Mind Map helps me stay organized. I switch between Game engine / IOT and Animation projects with the help of this cute little programme called Simple Mind. Check this out. You will love it.

I can't think and plan any other way ( including animation scripts ) !!
hrmm,  thanks,  I'll look it up,  never really knew they had software like this before, so it's all new to me!     Long ago,  I use to do it with notebooks,  was great because i'd switch between being a dreamer and an architect -  from jotting ideas to making todo lists,  and I always use hit my goals  ( wondering if that's always good thing now from that lesson lol )

but somehow my brain is working overtime with all the new ideas,  and softwares / workflows that i didn't have available way back when,  and I end up staring at a wall without a clue where to start ....the architect in me wants a blueprint ...and the dreamer in me is like ...but how do you write something that's larger than life on paper ?!! lol

Edit -  just found http://www.conceptdraw.com/  
I may start with the brain first since it's free,  and I need to see if I'll follow through with it before investing further.
This just in,   Vivendi just acquired 80pct of Daily Motion video website.

From past experiences, when Vivendi takes over a site - they usually ruin it -  such as mp3.com  -  it was an amazing site before vivendi came in and pretty much killed it in a matter of days.

but in this case,  Daily motion hasn't been making all that much noise,  and vivendi ( Universal ) has the money to give youtube a run for their money! ^.^  

To be honest,  I've never seen anything good come from vivendi - my first expectation from this acquisition is they will shut down user accounts while overwhelming the site with their own content and insist the rest of the world somehow owes them money for it... lol 

http://www.vivendi.com/press/press-releases/vivendi-finalizes-the-acquisition-of-dailymotion-en/?utm_source=Official+Partner+Datatbase&utm_campaign=18ae600386-Dailymotion_Vivendi&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_923704d033-18ae600386-131434533

my gut instinct tells me they simply hired daily motion to administer their catalog of media to compete with netflix and amazon movies  if the only way you can consume their releases is through that site.  Daily motion already had pay to download and view in place.  I suppose the next logical question is,  who is going to buy vimeo ? - seems obvious,  but i wont say my prediction! :p

#Dragonnews
planetstardragon (7/7/2015)
...//... I'm trying my hand at this software called -  "The Brain"  http://www.thebrain.com/ ...//... was wondering if anyone else had any experience in software like this or brainstorming / idea planning. 

Well, I've been a great fan of Edward DeBono, Business psychologist, ever since being network manager for Lloyds Bank Black Horse (Pre-TSB days. Tongue )the South and South west of England... THERE the demand to be THREE employees instead of one wrapped up with "Lets all be productive if an airoplane crashes on our colleagues and leaves us short staffed"  was a daily race and being able to mind-wrap the three zones (two normally totally alien to all experience) meant you needed to brain map all the time to be competitively productive.

That software THEBRAIN.com is more impressive than you've let on. If I were you PSD I'd stick to the wheel and let it play WITH your mind. Its interface is impressive. I'm just looking through it now.

Armstrong.

I've been playing with it while doing my usual chores -  it is a simple concept that can create complex results, impressively simple actually.  it's like visualizing whats on your mind,  and allowing you to make new connections in the process.

hopefully this will help,  my human brain was starting to feel like this
https://hivizme.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/cable-mess.jpg

The biggest advantage of Mind map - Organise the whole thing on a single page and it comes handy during business meetings. Just before the meeting you take a look and you are ready with both your macro and micro views. Once in a while you look at the screen and you know all the linkages between the elements. It helps you control the flow of the discussion because you already have mapped different options. No flipping of paper...no sliding to the relevant page....If you are not displaying your screen on a projector then the guys in the room think you are a genius...you have so much info.....and if you project it on a large display it surely shocks the audience with the complex neuro-network.

But for my presentations, I prefer Concept Draw. It has interactive PDF output. You can start with the central idea and go in expanding to the nth level during presentation. 
People do not have to know what tool you used for it.
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
Much like how we recognize images after seeing enough of them, a neural network can do the same thing. So how we can see faces in inanimate objects, a neural network can as well. The bigger the database the better, for both man and machine. The database used for "Deep Dream" is around 1 million images.

planetstardragon (7/7/2015)
I've been playing with it while doing my usual chores -  it is a simple concept that can create complex results, impressively simple actually.  it's like visualizing whats on your mind,  and allowing you to make new connections in the process.

hopefully this will help,  my human brain was starting to feel like this
https://hivizme.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/cable-mess.jpg

Cool Tongue
... and I dont see any earth wires. I always knew you weren't grounded. Explains why your heads always in the clouds. Hehe
out to play i see!!   Amazing timing being there's a drama going on in another thread right now too! ^.^

let us see how we can connect all these dots!  w00t
http://www.warrenphotographic.co.uk/photography/bigs/00107-kittens-and-magnifying-glass-white-background.jpg

By Cricky - 9 Years Ago
Here's an image that will grow on you!!!

http://fondosdepantallahdgratis.co/wallpaper-original/wallpapers/best-top-desktop-abstract-pattern-wallpapers-hd-wallpaper-pattern-pictures-and-images-37-12267.jpg
Nice!  Visual Peyote FTW!  Thank you!  -walks into a wall- 

http://ct.fra.bz/i55/5/8/24/f_c0ae8d4e71.jpg
New Find!

If you are a fan of real time strategy games like  - starcraft or warcraft 1   ( the original games that gave birth to world of warcraft )

this is a free game engine that makes those kinds of games,   anyone hear of it / try it before ?   looks pretty cool,  price is a little steep but might be worth it, especially since it uses lua - iclone built physics enabled Mech Bots!! w00t    free pew pew for the masses!

Spring is a versatile 3D RTS game engine. Using extensively Lua for scripting game-specific code to make nearly every aspect of the engine customizable, from GUI, to unit AI, to pathfinding.    http://sourceforge.net/projects/springrts/?source=directory

I discovered this amazing community a while back - all youtube content developers of all levels, that are friendly, helpful and supportive of each other. - really nice people there and tons of great info,  the forum and moderation is a bit strict,  but it doesn't feel like an imposition because everyone is so polite to begin with.  - http://yttalk.com/
Windows 10 question...

UPDATE:  Answer clear in this FAQ... Can I get my free Windows 10 upgrade even if I didn't register?   (Answer = Yes)

You will be able to upgrade for free starting July 29th or so.
You have one year in which to do it.
There is a "Register for Windows 10" icon in my system tray.

What is the purpose (value) of responding to the Win 10 sign-up widget?
Just an opportunity to be one of the first wave up people to update?

Failure to respond to the widget will not stop you from upgrading in October or next March, will it?

I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but figured I'd ask anyway.
I just saw this the other day -  so I'm taking it simply because I have a chance to get it free -   hopefully this does not mean it will auto install itself and force me to get a new drive in a rush to prevent the install from wiping my computer lol  

$99 - for the home oem version   $139 for the pro.  -  i'll have more pizza by accepting the offer than anyone pre-purchasing!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=windows+10&N=-1&isNodeId=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleKWLess&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleKWLess-_-Promotions-2015-_-Windows10-_-NA&gclid=CN-9p6id3cYCFcGRHwodU1MNow&gclsrc=aw.ds
By urbanlamb - 9 Years Ago
planetstardragon (7/15/2015)
I discovered this amazing community a while back - all youtube content developers of all levels, that are friendly, helpful and supportive of each other. - really nice people there and tons of great info,  the forum and moderation is a bit strict,  but it doesn't feel like an imposition because everyone is so polite to begin with.  - http://yttalk.com/

They may have changed but when i was there I had an issue with identity theft and cyberbullying (the real kind people pretending to be me and making videos about it and then spreading it across the internet for the "lolz") .    So just fair warning I dont know if he has tightened up his security and it may be that he has learned the "hard" way but I wrote to them and got no reply when it happened.      

Things have changed on forums and there are now laws now as people realize that in fact we needed some laws and rules, but still I dont trust em.    If you use them it might be prudent to use throw away usernames etc and not link to your stuff there I even think one of them got into my private messages (one of the mods at the time).     Lots of not nice things seemed to be occuring that i was not aware of until it was too late and I had some damage control to deal with... but yeah they were really nice (on the outside) .    

anyhow back to your thread and when I get a chance I bought a new mobile device (i am a dinosaur and use pcs and still prefer em) and i wanted to test the picture taking stuff so i will post a kitty cat photo tonight Smile

ouch,  thanks for the heads up,   i would have never guessed it .....I do feel the intense security though,  you can't post links without joining them on a deeper level. 

so far it's been a nice experience for me,  I've been around the net,  met all sorts of people -  befriended most of them too,  despite having been a part of some of the biggest wars the net has known lol BigGrin
the quality of the movie was good,  and the story was nice,  but it just didn't seem up to par with the latest "boom pow, slash splat" type videos the net is flooded with.  Not that it is bad production,  it just seems out of place and something to watch in a theatre,  syndicated television or a film festival.  It doesn't make it bad,  but it certainly feels like trying to sell elevator music to a death metal audience.   I'm not even saying this from an art perspective,  but more from a marketing perspective. 
the internet is a place for trailers - not really movies ....and yes ....you can watch any movie on the net,  but it's a matter of packaging and presentation. 

In mainstream tv or radio  -  you have 15-30 seconds to convince an audience they want to watch the rest ,  on the net you have 3-5 seconds <--that's why
it only has 81k views,  that's an injustice to that quality work.   He devalued his work because of the presentation,  not because the work was bad,  but because it was badly presented.

a better presentation would have been,  to make a trailer that you can't resist on youtube .....then put the main video in an unlisted mode on youtube and package it on it's own website to separate it from the predominant nature of "hype" found on youtube.

after much study and research,  I've come to appreciate that packaging and presentation are just as important as the item itself -

example .....
presenting an engagement ring -  you could either dress up nice,  go to a nice park on a beautiful day and put the ring in a nice box
or one day say "Btw,  I forgot to give you this"   and pull an expensive diamond ring from out your dirty shorts after blowing the pocket dust and removing the gum wrapper and hair from it to give it to your intended fiance. 
no,  not true,  this is once again going by the rules found in commercial entertainment

you have 5-10 seconds to impress me.       His movie did not create that omg,  i need to see this ...in the first 10 seconds
This should have been accomplished with a trailer, so the consumer is optimally receptive to the movie in it's entirety when they watch the movie itself.   Remember,  art is all about feelings,  you need to set the right mood.

With iclone,  not many people are doing long movies like that - and the cartoonish look of the movie ...and the 1-3 minute nature of most movies makes it more appropriate for a youtube audience.   In it's most effective use,  youtube is all about hype....netflix is all about movies....that's just the mood that those venues set when presenting their goods. - youtube sells and rents movies,   yet netflix is the go to spot for movies.
again,  not true,  I enjoyed it like a very hot coffee on a sunny beach while tanning in the hottest summer day after playing a sweaty game of volleyball.   -  i like coffee,  and i like relaxing on a nice hot day at the beach..........but Ermm

location,  location, location = presentation, presentation, presentation!!     iclone = Kool Aide  youtube = kids playground,  The Oceanmaker = hot coffee
@PSD,

So your issue is not with the video, but with the marketing,  Do I have that right?
sw00000p (7/15/2015)
rofl!!!  hahaha! and that's why i love you so much BigGrin

brotha from another mother.... luB's you too!Kiss
Can you add face bones to a skeleton.... yet?Whistling

Indigo RT.... doesn't play nice with iClone animation.Crying

another reason I created this thread,  to pick up where we left off without hijacking someone elses thread lol
I get it,  and can master it,  but i can't justify the time spent on doing it -  i have soo many options now for creating characters, poser, fuse, daz, iclone, make human, ....I don't even see justifying the time to make it for the shop either  - granted,  I know I could get deep in making some fancy characters -  but that's something that would take up most of my time to bring it to a level I'd want to bring it. 

so yeah,  I get it ....it's really not hard ...just tedious ...i can mod a prebuilt character 10x faster than making it from scratch.

justaviking (7/15/2015)
@PSD,

So your issue is not with the video, but with the marketing,  Do I have that right?

yes,  it affected my enjoyment of the movie -  it's a great movie ,  but something i'd expect to see on a movie night, or at least prepared for the right mindset,  not a youtube "whats new and trendy" sweep. 

I find that youtube is best for looking for whats new and trendy,  and I would have preferred to see a hot trailer inviting me to a website that features the video, along with information to know more about the video     I wasn't expecting something that was so laid back -  and while it did have more action,  it's cinematography was laid back.
i c it different, 

you look to youtube to get what's new and happening .....( or for old star trek episodes! w00t )

but you just agreed with me without realizing it -   that video is hot and new,  but was thrown into the youtube bargain basement as a presentation.  what they should have done is made a preview / trailer / teaser that matches the expected hype level found on youtube to direct them to a "Specialized" place to watch it exclusively.

He devalued his own product because of his presentation.

what he should have done is opened it to youtube after he got a few hundred thousand views from his "Specialty" site ....so people say "This is popular, I wonder what it is"   which is a more receptive view than "Oh,  this is that new movie by the guy who made pigeon impossible,   .....yuck.....this wasn't as "hype" as pigeon impossible" 
ouch,  thanks for the heads up,   i would have never guessed it .....I do feel the intense security though,  you can't post links without joining them on a deeper level. 

so far it's been a nice experience for me,  I've been around the net,  met all sorts of people -  befriended most of them too,  despite having been a part of some of the biggest wars the net has known lol BigGrin

lol netwars yeah i remember them but things have shall we say improved over time as we realize that people are people even on the internet hehe.   Anyhow its possible things are different there now this was a couple years ago I think now.. (forget its been a long time and may have just been lack of experience on the site owners part)

Anyhow I dont descriminate by label and youtube can be fun too and I have made a few friends I never would have made if I had not been on youtube just as a result of being a part of the community for so long.   

Youtube is no longer about cute kitty videos now in fact they are more the minority these days.     Youtube is kinda the model for the new tv if its not youtube that does it.. someone else will but tv is on its way out.. media sites like youtube are the way of the future Smile

make no mistake using youtube or dailymotion or any of those sites there is money behind it from some very well known studios you just have to dig a little below the surface 
yep,  i agree -  i've been studying the youtube game for a while -  i know what they need to cross over to tv -  but i'm not inclined to say it, at least not till i find an investor that agrees lol BigGrin
By JC Weatherby - 9 Years Ago
planetstardragon (5/25/2015)
Going off topic is a tradition in this forum,  and quite frankly it can be fun to just roll with a conversation BigGrin
so I made this thread....talk about any kitten thing you want in any order you want,  if something becomes an important topic and you want to focus on it,  take it to a new thread,  staying on topic is forbidden in this thread!

I'll open the thread with the latest animation from the guy that made Pigeon Impossible.

I'm not impressed!   

Conclusion: Nice story bro,  but the visuals needed more cowbell!!  Tears just aren't enough anymore!  we need confusion and chaos to cater to the internet attention span!  -two finger clap-

I liked the movie.   What you say about the internet attention span is funny, sad, and true!  
it only has 81k views,  that's an injustice to that quality work.   He devalued his work because of the presentation,  not because the work was bad,  but because it was badly presented.

a better presentation would have been,  to make a trailer that you can't resist on youtube .....then put the main video in an unlisted mode on youtube and package it on it's own website to separate it from the predominant nature of "hype" found on youtube.

after much study and research,  I've come to appreciate that packaging and presentation are just as important as the item itself -

example .....
presenting an engagement ring -  you could either dress up nice,  go to a nice park on a beautiful day and put the ring in a nice box
or one day say "Btw,  I forgot to give you this"   and pull an expensive diamond ring from out your dirty shorts after blowing the pocket dust and removing the gum wrapper and hair from it to give it to your intended fiance. 

It IS an injustice to quality work - but that's media in the 21st century:  Spit balls - beautiful ones - in a tornado.

Problem with doing unlisted to dedicated site, is Youtube CPMs are weighted more towards views on the Youtube site, than off-site.  So this can have a negative impact on monetization, if that's what you're after.

In my experience distributing stuff online, it's very hard to redirect someone to another page - like your dedicated website - to look at anything.  You have to bring it to them where they are - and yes you have to be able to tell a story FAST.

urbanlamb (7/15/2015)

lol netwars yeah i remember them but things have shall we say improved over time as we realize that people are people even on the internet hehe.   Anyhow its possible things are different there now this was a couple years ago I think now.. (forget its been a long time and may have just been lack of experience on the site owners part)

Anyhow I dont descriminate by label and youtube can be fun too and I have made a few friends I never would have made if I had not been on youtube just as a result of being a part of the community for so long.   

Youtube is no longer about cute kitty videos now in fact they are more the minority these days.     Youtube is kinda the model for the new tv if its not youtube that does it.. someone else will but tv is on its way out.. media sites like youtube are the way of the future Smile

make no mistake using youtube or dailymotion or any of those sites there is money behind it from some very well known studios you just have to dig a little below the surface 

The Youtube Networks are interesting.  2 year contracts.  No contracts.  All promise "help."  MAKER is Disney, and has its own Youtube-based animation channel. 

i'd avoid the networks if you can,  they really do nothing for you unless you are making tons of views - then they hook you up with sponsor type ads otherwise they will just take a percentage of your views for letting you use apps you would never use,  and keeping your channel from getting into trouble from troublemakers ( you find them more with game reviewers and #gamergate ).  I'm in the adrev network content id only, by necessity,  but not formally in the talent network for videos. As I understand it,  in general,  the networks give you basic tools to monitor your work,  but they really don't do much to help you as a small channel,  mind you some of these networks consider 10k subscribers a small channel. 

I understand the method of making a popular channel,  what you really need is something that can be kept new and fresh 2-4 times a week on a schedule,  but for regular videos / movies and even music -  this type of production schedule is not practical so it's a different marketing strategy.  The mega million views on most music videos,  isn't practical without a 3rd party website promoting it first -  that's what kicks in the youtube algorithms to make you a youtube star.

And ya,  I see what you mean about getting people to go to a website -  but this would also encourage a viewership of people who are already fans and press,  somehow presenting it on youtube like everything else just devalued it for me.  Put it to you this way,  I discovered it looking up video game trailers, and the newest CG action shorts - pigeon impossible was a fast paced video that falls into that mix ...but the ocean maker ,  doesn't.  It's missing that sugar rush hype that makes people want to watch it for what it is,  not what they expect it to be.    With the fast pace of youtube,  i think it's natural to expect bells whistles and dancing midgets within the first 20 seconds to keep up with attention grabbing content found on youtube.  
more info on windows 10 upgrade from forbes -   this article brings up some valid points to consider!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/07/14/windows-10-unanswered-questions/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
Well, I went from Windows 8 to 8.1 and immediately about 4 of my "Key softwares" didnt work anymore.
I would say "The lifetime of the device" referenced in the link you gave above refers to the software being installed and logged against the device you installed it on and if you upgrade wholly to another device the software has to be repurchased like a new engine.

SNOOPING EXTREMITIES & STUPID SOCIETIES.
Half the research in new softwares like this are all down to more streamlined efficient productive harvestable "Data mining" from users who seem not to care that their inner most wishes, moods, antagonisms, intolerance levels and temperament breaking points are all being carefully logged by dominators like governments who pinch and pinch the finances of the population and then watch to see just how far they can rip you in half steering clear of the breaking point of civil war.

THATS NOT TRUE... but yes it is.
You can laugh it down and sneer, but the psychologies of data mining are keeping  bigger and bigger portions of the masses closer and closer to poverty and all the while the reapers watch your emotions in things like twitter, Facebook, myspace and so on pushing you closer and closer to your edge and they know EXACTLY how you're responding because you blatantly tell them.
i'd avoid the networks if you can,  they really do nothing for you unless you are making tons of views - then they hook you up with sponsor type ads otherwise they will just take a percentage of your views for letting you use apps you would never use,  and keeping your channel from getting into trouble from troublemakers ( you find them more with game reviewers and #gamergate ).  I'm in the adrev network content id only, by necessity,  but not formally in the talent network for videos. As I understand it,  in general,  the networks give you basic tools to monitor your work,  but they really don't do much to help you as a small channel,  mind you some of these networks consider 10k subscribers a small channel. 

I understand the method of making a popular channel,  what you really need is something that can be kept new and fresh 2-4 times a week on a schedule,  but for regular videos / movies and even music -  this type of production schedule is not practical so it's a different marketing strategy.  The mega million views on most music videos,  isn't practical without a 3rd party website promoting it first -  that's what kicks in the youtube algorithms to make you a youtube star.

And ya,  I see what you mean about getting people to go to a website -  but this would also encourage a viewership of people who are already fans and press,  somehow presenting it on youtube like everything else just devalued it for me.  Put it to you this way,  I discovered it looking up video game trailers, and the newest CG action shorts - pigeon impossible was a fast paced video that falls into that mix ...but the ocean maker ,  doesn't.  It's missing that sugar rush hype that makes people want to watch it for what it is,  not what they expect it to be.    With the fast pace of youtube,  i think it's natural to expect bells whistles and dancing midgets within the first 20 seconds to keep up with attention grabbing content found on youtube.  

I have been in a network for about 3 years now.  I enjoy them and have made many friends.     I didnt get into one cause I thought I could be famous or anything though LOL.  I didn join to make millions either.  I joined to save money (and I have in a big way) on royalty free music and get access to a cover song clearing house (which I have only used once but it was worth it to me) .  Considering the fact that they probably haven't made more then a 100 bucks off of me the service they have provided me has been invaluable.       There is nothing wrong with them unless you feel that the service they provide to you is not worth the pittance they get off you in return.     I joined one geared to kids stuff because I tend to make a lot of things that is very tame and some kids might enjoy and have been known to use kids radio shows as material LOL. 

They are what they are .. the early version of tv where they looked for raw talent and gave you a spot for a small fee.  its the same thing.  In fact the network I am a part of is actually a talent agency and is also owned by dreamworks.  I am quite happy considering what i have gained which would have cost me hundreds by now if I was to use all that music and try to licencse it myself.  

well that's great to hear,  most of the time I'm reading on the net how everyone is anxious to get out of their contract.   I can definitely appreciate doing it for the music -  the trouble universal / youtube has caused with it's copyright claims is above and beyond brutal! 
I was concerned for a while that someone was going to steal my copyright,  and youtube would defend them because they had access to the content id system.  It was a big relief for me when Adrev started their content id service. - which in the end one can consider that almost like extortion -  "Join a network we certify or approve of and we won't derail your copyrights "

@armstrong,   u know,  I believe that....but what baffles me is that if we all tried to visit these people for a sit down to tell them our life story,  they wouldn't have the time of day for us.  quite a bit of irony there.
I enjoy video games,  particularly mmorpg because it's the audience I most associate with -  they love games, art and music...so instead of studying metrics,  i like to become part of them.   The visuals in some of these games are simply stunning and fascinating,  further one can argue that modern video games and their stories are in fact relatives to the film making industry.  A living real time movie if you will with many role playing actors on a digital stage!

That said,  Tera looks like a pretty amazing game that's available for free on Steam -  almost done downloading that monsterous download!   Would love to see some of the RL family there!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/323370/

I am playing Ark with a few friends I have met over the years.  we formed a small guild and run a private server its very fun and well dinosaurs are cool Smile 

I generally only play MMO's but Ark with the multiplayer feature I am not even noticing its not an MMO because the guild is on a server all day in shifts depending on our timezone so there is always chatter and someone dying or whatever hehe.    So with the way tech is now I decided to try this with my friends.     

ahhh,  i've been watching Ark too - it's a top 5 steam game that's consistently growing in popularity. The concept is quite interesting,  i can imagine the end game is pure pvp after you done conqured all the dinosaurs ? 

I've always liked games with magic for particle effects,  strategy,  and story lines that I can build my character personality on.  Most of my "dragon" character on this forum really comes from my role playing days lol!!  - shhh,  don't tell anyone though!!!   w00t
By Grimhilda - 9 Years Ago
Regarding Armstrong's post, I also have huge concerns about all the data mining that can be used as evidence against the individual.

I'm not talking about criminal evidence - just everyday information being brought out later.  I mean, which young person never said, did or believed anything foolish?  Probably most people cringe a little at their earlier selves.  But today's young people disclose everything to the world.  That information will still be available to prospective employers when they are in their fifties, hoping still to remain in work.

It also annoys me that hackers can be charged with stealing data but everything we imagine to be private is being stolen from us all the time.

I was surprised to be asked to stare at a device before I could enter the departure area of an airport a couple of years ago.  I happened to need to wear glasses with a prism at that time.  I couldn't get through like that.  So, I've no doubt that an image of my eyes was being taken without any disclosure to me that this was taking place.

The attention span of today's general public is minimal nowadays with so much new information to be processed each day.

We are so very ripe for totalitarian control.  Actually, it has probably reached that stage - its just that many governments still adhere to the values of people of good will - but what happens when governments have criminal intent against sectors of the population?
planetstardragon (7/16/2015)
ahhh,  i've been watching Ark too - it's a top 5 steam game that's consistently growing in popularity. The concept is quite interesting,  i can imagine the end game is pure pvp after you done conqured all the dinosaurs ? 

I've always liked games with magic for particle effects,  strategy,  and story lines that I can build my character personality on.  Most of my "dragon" character on this forum really comes from my role playing days lol!!  - shhh,  don't tell anyone though!!!   w00t

I dont do any pvp we have that disabled on our server but really its like you know a simulation of sorts.  I dont think I will ever do everything there is to do. Right now I am busy nesting and building a sort of dinosaur proof fortress so I can raise DoDo's and turtles .... so basically I am gonna be a DoDo farmer LOL. I decided the turtles are good tanks and since I am a bit strange and just like to walk/run everywhere I thought I would create a army of these turtles to follow me around and make sure the evil meat eaters are taken care of.    I am gearing up to go climb the nearest mountain but to do that I need my turtle army to tank so i can kill the meat eaters in the way Smile

Grimhilda (7/16/2015)

We are so very ripe for totalitarian control.  Actually, it has probably reached that stage - its just that many governments still adhere to the values of people of good will - but what happens when governments have criminal intent against sectors of the population?

I'm tempted to jump on a left-wing soap box and confirm and back up everything you said.  But it all draws down to this - criminality is a big part of the human condition - and it plays a role in shaping and maintaining society.  Many of the biggest names in history got their start through criminal activity.  The best we can do is be aware of this, decide who WE are, and pick our battles accordingly.

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it." - Julius Caesar

I love studying the quotes from great minds,  gives me less to think about when making decisions these days,  I just consult my library of great quotes! lol
@urbanlamb  dodo bird farmer!! w00t  That sounds like fun!!  something I would do!  but i'd be hunting other pvp'rs mano a mano / turtle a turtle! lol 

-  pvp is actually traditiional gaming -  playing cards vs friends and family,  or for that matter bowling and baseball,  is player vs player. it's a very social aspect of gaming,  except that some people just don't know how to act,   the way some people act online in games ....is like someone jumping up and screaming all sorts of obscenities everytime they won lol  -  which strangely enough,  I've always found dominoes to have that aggressive pvp spirit,   like when they slam down the last few ivory pieces when the game is almost over with doing some slam dunk'ish move on the last domino heh!
its kinda fun i actually once I thought about it am not sure if the pvp settings are off on our server its not like we try to grief each other and since i am busy building my dodo farm and turtle rangling barracks I haven't had much need to accidently kill someone if i miss.   The public servers for pvp are aweful due to the nature of the game you can work and logout and someone will come ruin it all on you so you can never progress.   If you find a group that likes tribal warfare you will have fun but you need a group that hosts their own server otherwise you will have a miserable time of it.     

anyhow its pretty fun for what they have done so far.    Its pretty old school like UO type style only with Dodo's  Tongue.   They release dino dosiers that you will eventually see in the game.      Anyhow if you find a decent group if you like PvP you can join a group that has a private pvp server so there is some control and you wont loose your progress when you logout.

For me though I am happy just raising my dodo's and working on my turtle army BigGrin
Non-widescreen monitors... a dying (or dead) breed.

Am I the only one who does not always want a widescreen (16:9) format for my computer monitor?  What's wrong with 4:3?

When using iClone, and many other applications, vertical space is as valuable as horizontal space.  Look at all the space used along the top by various menu bars.

I'm not at the point of wanting to rotate my monitors into a vertical (portrait) orientation, but do people realize some of us do more than watch movies and play FPS games on our computer?

Oh, sure, 16:9 is great for things like Excel and MSProject.  In fact, the ultra-wide monitors would be great for them sometimes.  But it's nearly impossible to buy a 4:3 monitor these days.
...//...   and pull an expensive diamond ring from out your dirty shorts after blowing the pocket dust and removing the gum wrapper and hair from it to give it to your intended fiance. 

You forgot the booger.

And regarding Youtube. Why don't you always simply put tasters on Youtube, and then run your own server. HeartInternet.com charge something like £3 a week for their basic package which is massive. It stuns me that people don't run their own servers. Youre so crippled for not doing so and it costs almost nothing these days. No spam, no adverts, no interference, no distraction......... that has to be worth at least nine kisses from Thi-Mai.  Ten if she's not in a bad mood!!!

PSD: Where do you host your music where interference, distraction and braindead-spamisms are not thrust upon the listener like a super lubed mimjina in heat???
And while we're on the technicalities, what format do you use.

@armstrong at this point i just distribute it right to commercial venues and use it myself to make videos to promote the releases. people can stream free from spotify and itunes,  i cover most of the major shops,  and have a bandcamp page ...my underground community has me covered on pirate sites lol    I usually upload in 16 bit wav format.  

music sales are horrible,  although compilation sales are very good,  but those are less than penny sales when your music is in 50+ song compilations, but none the less an effective way to end up on a music supervisors desk.  music value is healthier than ever,  music is still a great way to unite people and promote products
-  i encourage people to support me and make videos with my music.  I've made a playlist of videos made by supporters and promote them back.

By animagic - 9 Years Ago
@Viking: we have more powerful computers and devices to do dumber things...Tongue

Well, as a (recently retired) technical writer it has been a challenge to find a monitor with a resolution such that you don't need a microscope to read the text. This may come as a surprise to some that you can actually make money writing documents... My compromise has been to find relatively large monitor with not too much resolution, so I can still read the text and enjoy now two documents side by side.
planetstardragon (7/20/2015)
@Armstrong  ...//...  i encourage people to support me and make videos with my music. 

On that note... what have you got in a Chinese Classical vein that I could use freely against the current project "Qin Dynasty - Garden 2"???
It needs  quietude in three parts and a BIG Volume Crescendo after about 40 seconds from the start-out.  (Whole garden take-in!) And the themes are "Cherry Blossom" , "Water garden" , and  "Pagoda Hideaway."
So I'm looking for (Phase 1) Bright higher notes, (Phase 2) Flowing maybe from an Erhu, and (Phase 3) very minimalistic music but it has to be strongly Chinese and strictly classical.

You try looking for that across the internet to suit the need on that scale, I recon I'll die before I find it but I don't have the millions to Fly in and organise a Classical Chinese Orchestra.
(Sigh!) I know, I know, Cheapskate right!!!! Rolleyes But I have groceries to buy. Wink 
(Swooooop's lucky in that respect, what with being an Android Etc.)

stuff like that is better from a live orchestra,   it can be done with the band in a box approach,  but imitating a live performance isn't a quick and easy task -  most of my time making music is actually spent looking for the right sound, can be especially challenging with live wind instruments, and string instruments.

here's a nice collection of live performances to check out,  i believe most of them, if not all, are royalty free from universities in china BigGrin  -   https://www.freesound.org/people/xserra/packs/10034/
Armstrong (7/20/2015)
planetstardragon (7/20/2015)
@Armstrong  ...//...  i encourage people to support me and make videos with my music. 

On that note... what have you got in a Chinese Classical vein that I could use freely against the current project "Qin Dynasty - Garden 2"???
It needs  quietude in three parts and a BIG Volume Crescendo after about 40 seconds from the start-out.  (Whole garden take-in!) And the themes are "Cherry Blossom" , "Water garden" , and  "Pagoda Hideaway."
So I'm looking for (Phase 1) Bright higher notes, (Phase 2) Flowing maybe from an Erhu, and (Phase 3) very minimalistic music but it has to be strongly Chinese and strictly classical.

You try looking for that across the internet to suit the need on that scale, I recon I'll die before I find it but I don't have the millions to Fly in and organise a Classical Chinese Orchestra.
(Sigh!) I know, I know, Cheapskate right!!!! Rolleyes But I have groceries to buy. Wink 
(Swooooop's lucky in that respect, what with being an Android Etc.)

Try this ....

Upload your video to youtube. Go to the video manager in your channel, click on the AUDIO and see the suggested list of Royalty free tracks. Search Chinese...who knows you may the track you are looking for. You can also apply different tracks to different segments and check the result instantly.
@ PSD... Thanks for the link. Sometimes hard to find on call. I'm in the Studio (Art) today so cant check till tomorrow. Smile

@ Prabhat... If I did that, old sport, I'd sound just like anyone else. Hence the drive for ancient classics.  Hard to find because they're mostly marketed for the Discerning Chinese and they dislike pushing it into Western markets. Gates are closing in China. With their own Chinese internet launched the doors are slowly closing but very subtly.

@ Swoop... If I had as many sound samples as PSD I might enjoy toying with this. I use audacity as do most but used to use Cool Edit. (Way back from 1994 (GASP!!!) )  I only have vast libraries of Horses neighing, and nature / engine / impact sounds but scant short of new Chinese royalty free Classicals. Sad   Life's about as difficult as getting iClone mist systems to work effectively. Tongue
TODAYS A DAY OFF ANIMATION.
And on that note, here's a photo I took this morning in the Barn.

Not animation related. Not Chinese Music Related.
Just damned Cute!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd11ae17-5094-4c88-a085-923e.png
on a side note,  i just discovered how to repair my motion library with akeytsu!      I have a large selection of hd  motions, that were translating with glitches to iclone.  i ran them through akeytsu,  re-exported them to and now they look hd again! w00t

I like having large libraries of stuff,  my sound sample collection is pretty large, I've seen larger,  but I have mine categorized fairly well - which is a big deal for a midi  "PROGRAMMER" -wrinkles nose at swoop-    as we need to find the right palettes of sound colors to match genres / feels quickly.  having a large library isn't good enough,  being able to find samples in your library quickly is paramount. This can be a serious task when you have many gigs of 1-2 second snippets.

it's exciting for me,  because this helps my creativity -  you can have the best equipment in the world,  but if you don't have that swing,  it don't mean a thing!!

Armstrong (7/21/2015)[hrI use audacity as do most but used to use Cool Edit. (Way back from 1994 (GASP!!!) ) 

Cool Edit was a pretty little hot thing those days, Like Audacity today, it had a great Noise cancellation feature.
I guess ADOBE bought it and released it as ADOBE AUDITION.

@ Prabhat... If I did that, old sport, I'd sound just like anyone else. Hence the drive for ancient classics.  Hard to find because they're mostly marketed for the Discerning Chinese and they dislike pushing it into Western markets. Gates are closing in China. With their own Chinese internet launched the doors are slowly closing but very subtly.

Since you dare to develop 3D models with the ICLONE primitives, here's something for you to play with.
Pick up your Android tablet, download PIPA or ZINTHER instrument from the Play Store, run fingers slowly and the music will flow. Touch the string and let the sound reverb. Give a pause before you touch again. You might just love your own creation ! Smile

By toonarama - 9 Years Ago
sw00000p (7/21/2015)
[quote]

Then, after adobe gobbled it up... "I jumped onto an Adobe Suite deal!"
Adobe Audition comes with a "HUGE" library of Loops and Sound Effect!w00t
...1000's of 'Em! Wow

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f6e1548a-d9c9-4d81-80b4-a6c6.png

Sw00000p - As far as I can tell that download page is publicly accessible which means the effects are available to all??!
Reallusion should adopt an open source game engine,   Not make a game ....but adopt a game engine that pipelines perfectly with iclone ........big business in micro-transactions for gamers     http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d/add-ons

or slap a RL exclusive EZ game making UI on this puppy - http://www.ogre3d.org/

then make an ez game making engine on steam in multi player mode - sell props n stuff to gamers who play things like gmod to build their own games :p     
no server costs, new market!   fugetaboutit!!  -  billionaires idea!
you guys are already there with the lua scripting. 

yeah unity, unreal, and cryengine are fun and all complicated n stuff
BUT
"I had rather be first in a village than second at Rome." - Julius Caesar!  

and yes i know i'm mentioning gamers and game developers in one idea,  the plan is brilliant and so simple, but i've said enough!

and @peter   I know I've told you this idea before ..and i was right!! http://www.businessinsider.com/redditors-explain-how-they-spent-thousands-of-dollars-league-of-legends-2015-3
I've been watching how other game engines do this ,  it's pretty much all  lua driven -  a bunch of pre-set scripts and settings -   EZ game design.
Of course,  the games will be simple and nothing triple a,  but then most fun games are very simple  - opening a market for those type game on steam for gamers and game developers on steam is big business.   And if you adopt a nice open source game engine,  half the work is already done. Swoop,  you'd make big loot just selling simple lua scripts and custom motions!! w00t        I see the whole game plan,  since I've been checking out ez game design software ( and play games as well in games that depend on store fronts )
sw00000p (7/22/2015)
...//... You real request is Clear:  "Reallusion should PROVIDE THE CODING for Game Engines. ...//... ALL iCloners could create a game, "That Compiles!" Wow

Whats wrong with that!!!??? Kiss

I have another proposition for Reallusion Developers.
Well, the way I see it is like this....
We have Speech to Text for word processors.
Well,  I think there should be a "Speech to Object for iClone" engine.

Visualize....
Create Wall 30 feet long.
Tex with Orange Bricks.
Age wall 200 years.
Add green algae to wall to edges.
Add lumpy flaking plaster coat 1 inch thick.
Crackle plaster coating.
and etc.

EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know why it hasn't been thought of before. Cool

@swoop,  you already know what ai engine we could use for the game!!  w00t

@armstrong -  the stuff rl has been using lately,  is compatible with robotics -  you could actually do what you just said very simple,   with lasers and robotcs / projection. Midi makes it ez.  Basically image wrapping on real life objects with lasers. You just make an iclone animation ,  render to laser    done.

Big fancy EZ advertising tools affordable for small businesses!!

Fogetabboutit!   #billionariestateofmind

the point is not to do it in rome ( unity ) though,  to do it in an engine Iclone can rule lol   -  and not focus on a Hard Core game developer community, that's like preaching to the choir there.  Make it simple for people who have a game idea but don't have the time to master everything you never wanted to know about game development. 
Making games,  is a game for many.    That's mainstream!     We would depend on your fantabulous scripting to make it more diverse,  and that means you'd be making bank kid!! ^.^      but stay away from unity,  the community is way too hard core for mainstream gamers who want to make games for fun.
it's a tougher market,  highly competitive,  and not many know how to break through in marketing,   -  for every 1 hit game,  there are 1,000 great games that never got noticed being given away for free.  -  I bet you never heard about any of these amazing games http://www.desura.com/

and there's nothing wrong with that,  it's a nice goal!    It's just a different and personal goal.  you would like a tool to make the game you envision,  I would like a tool to reach a few hundred million people lol BigGrin
now imagine a game that isn't a game,  in a network of millions of gamers who make games ....that plays my music, buys my motions, and my content!  -happy sigh-
that's what I"m talkin bout!! w00t     I don't care about making a hit game .....I want to make a virtual disco!! 

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000043830540-e2e0wj-t200x200.jpg

I thought I would add this to this thread since it meanders around cats and game making and everything in between.

so I bought a tablet like you know a mobile device.. its my first .. in that respect i am a dinosaur.  Well i purchased it for banking and other things but as I sat and peered at it in the late evening I hit the google app store button and started ... downloading games thinking they would be like pacman.  Well they weren't Smile many of them were true 3d games with little mesh people and trees and cars etc etc (mind blown.. doesn't happen often but it was blown because I just realized just how far technology has progressed .. like way far)

so now lets talk about darwins theory of evolution and dinosaurs.   "adapt or perish" is what that boils down to.

then lets add something to do with 3d movies etc and those words come strongly into play
http://procworld.blogspot.ca/2010/11/from-voxels-to-polygons.html

Now voxels are the future no doubt about it.. mesh and mesh techniques will die over time as this sort of thing comes into play

now go and pay attention to 3dcoat and that neat little animation application posted on the forum akayatsu or whatever it was called .. those are our future.  

"adapt or perish"   Pinch

@urbanlamb  -  yep.....when I travel to the city on subway,  it hits me just how powerful gaming is when i see everyone and literally their moms playing games on their phones while traveling.   It makes perfect sense as to why they wouldn't mind buying a few add ons for their games to make their ride home a little more fun....funny how that works!!   "Hey,  I have some free time,  I'll buy!!" lol

@swoooooooooop  - i come from that world since it's inception,  i understand it extremely well from the gamers view -  I don't know what they do to make it tick,  nor do i care ... I just know they better start fixing everything to let me play how I want!!  Crazy

So don't be touching some genre I've watched since birth  - pick another goal....go do something else ....MMORPG is not for you,  you don't know it!!!  Think RTS -  that's actually the heart and soul of REAL mmorpg -  they got separated after birth  Crying

go make a boxing or zombie game or something,  yankee go home!!

whatever man!   Just don't go mmorpg,  or at least let me school ya a little on it before you go make a bigger mess of yourself than ya already are!
In iclone by now you should have learned that there are many ways to approach one thing.  you are star struck by the auto-netflix technology and have yet to realize that what you REALLY want to create is a technology museum,  and not a game!

lose that and start learning how to make a REAL game. 

Lesson #1

i told ya,  I'm making a disco!!   i have nothing against you making any non mmorpg game!!  I almost fully support you!! 
sw00000p, it will be interesting to see your progress.

I'm not a game player, but I am interested in it from a story perspective. My game would be an adventure game, based more or less on what I did for the iClone contest.

So what happens in the game depends on the choices the player makes. 
@animagic,   game guru is on sale now - http://store.steampowered.com/app/266310/
it's a pretty simple engine, but easy for making a simple game that you can add iclone videos and props in,  in story mode.  very drag and drop  
easy way to add more interaction to your stories. the graphics aren't bad either - can definitely do some screen capping in it for movies.

something i'm contemplating now -  adding music and videos to the game,  but then making some sort of trailer to kick off the story
the story mode is interesting -  where you walk up to an area of the game,  and it automatically plays a video.  you can really make an interactive story with it ,  aside from a game.
"You CAN do it.... if I can!"  -  swoooooooop

show me the bunny!!
planetstardragon (7/22/2015)
...//... i come from that world since it's inception, 

Swooooop.....  Relating to that Movie... Inception... How do you get that magnitude of Set to Crumble down in the 4th or 5th level dreamstate (Remember?)
What do you need to create something that HD and that realistic?
And with that..... why are there no games that allow that degree of magnitude when it comes to gaming-destruction.
Everyone talks about games and etc and First person perspective and RPG and so on but frankly... I had a look this week and it all started to blur and become a bit TOO samey.

So, then, in summary questionably..... Who's the current leader? Who's invented a FPP or RPG that has embedded everything that the competition ISNT?

planetstardragon (7/22/2015)
@animagic,   game guru is on sale now - http://store.steampowered.com/app/266310/
it's a pretty simple engine, but easy for making a simple game that you can add iclone videos and props in,  in story mode.  very drag and drop  
easy way to add more interaction to your stories. the graphics aren't bad either - can definitely do some screen capping in it for movies.

something i'm contemplating now -  adding music and videos to the game,  but then making some sort of trailer to kick off the story
the story mode is interesting -  where you walk up to an area of the game,  and it automatically plays a video.  you can really make an interactive story with it ,  aside from a game.

LOL I purchased that actually.. considering the price I farted with it just because it was so cheap.  Its pretty neat.  I just like to mess with things because its fun to but if you like to tell stories this things can do quest based rpg type stuff and the results are decent.       I like to tell stories and do some murder mysteries its for my own enjoyment.  It was (less than) 10 bucks canadian well spent.    Its pretty laggy probably got eleventy severnty memory leaks but it was on sale and i am assuming they will plug the leaks.   Anyhow it gave me a chuckle for the evening Smile
ya,  it's pretty fun - kinda limited ...but it gives you enough tools to be imaginative and innovative with.  You could do tons more if you are versed in lua - not sure I'm ready for that yet....I'm just thinking of importing a bunch of props and doing a simple fps game full of eye candy
I do some very strange stuff at times and you can import things as long as they are not characters and they are animated .. soo I can do something with that LOL.     Its a fun little toy.     The only thing you can't do much with is the main characters but not a big deal if you do a FPS all you see is two hands anyhow Smile

ahhh....try this .......create a start point ....then drag and drop the wizard right over it ....it creates a 3rd person camera for the rpg feel  -  Only works with the wizard character.

they are doing a lot to upgrade the game engine,  as it's still in it's starting phases -  

This is also the type of ez game making engine I'm thiking RL would do great with.   -  but add it on steam to get that gaming community  -  then make 2 interfaces ....one for gamers to make characters and buy stuff for their characters .....and another interface for game developers to make games for the steam community -  don't worry about people buying the game making interface .....we make the games from iclone!   it's the gamers we want to entertain as a community!

From there just make preset game templates for a few different styles of games,   for rpg - a blank skill bar with 8 skills -  and the developer decides what kind of skills will be available for his game from a list of presets. fireballs, lightning, water, earth, special attacks,etc ..it's the same thing in most rpg games -  then you make lua scripts for fps games and a fixed amount of scripted character types ....and lua for rts games -  you don't build the game ....you just build the parts needed to play those type of games. and let everyone design the battle field.... certain games follow the same rules, so it's not hard to sketch those games out in lua scripts!  The game developers build the rest.  A sort of sand box game that players build and RL just keeps giving them supplies to build with.   Gamers who don't want to develop.  get their character creator interface so they look good in whatever game they play that the developers make. - both developers and gamers buy add ons.

Think of games like a deck of cards,   you can play a variety of games with the same set of cards,  the rules just change ....well in a game engine,  those rules are lua scripts.  The lua scripts control if a game is Real Time Strategy,  or Fast Action PVP FPS,  or Role Play -  it's just all different rules but one game board to use them on.

and for bonus points,  figure out a system that can port those games to smart phones, so people can build their characters while traveling  ^.^
sw00000p (7/23/2015)
Armstrong,
I remember hearing prabhatM saying...at one point he was creating a statemachine, or having it created...
for one of his projects.

I look and say... Yep!  coder for sure.
I could not follow much longer after that.

Yes, this is for my IOT project. I am implementing it on a server side javascript realtime engine.

By RobertoColombo - 9 Years Ago
sw00000p (7/23/2015)
Armstrong,
I'll keep it simple. I'm NOT a programmer. I pull  my hair out trying to follow the advanced stuff.

Gaming have come along way, but can NOT handle much HD.
What you are talking about... like UDK,Cry Engine and other High-End Game Engines have...
Huge Teams of Professionals with Millions to spend on gaming!

This is what I've done: ( I don't use any Plug-ins... I HARDCODE!)
• I've dropped quite a few bucks for Game Creation Videos.
• The first few games are the simple ones PSD is interested in. (Scripts readily available, but the game sucks.)
• Then I created an Asteroids game.
• Next, and RPG and Adventure game.
• Each lesson builds upon the next.

They are NOT AAA, but they compile with no errors.

I can NOT talk "Proper" regarding coding, because I simply never obtained any formal training.
I pick up terminology here and there. I don't know front-end  - back-end, nor anything between. If there is something.

What I do know is this:
1. Choose You Scripting Language. I chose CSharp.
2. Learn the Game Engines give set of functions and variable. ...(Unity is my choice). NOW CREATE CUSTOM Functions and Variables.)
3. Use Functions to control (Global and Local) variables.

Create a StateMachine to control all motions and keyboard selection. (THIS IS THE HEART OF ANY GAME!) $$$
I create (4) scripts.

• Animator
• Motor
• Camera
• Helper

At the start of the game:
Function Start....
1. An Idle state is initiated.
2. Waiting for keyboard input to initiate its next function.
3. Depending on  game type and complexity...

Determines what occurs next.

1. Learning... just enough of a scripting language (schema) is My First Hurdle.
2. Utilizing a  Game Engine's given Functions and Variables are the Next Hurdle.
3. ~ Create Multiple Custom Functions and Variables to suite the game type. ~
Combine the three to create a game.

Regarding pure SW coding for simple gaming, I strongly recommend the Phyton training available at https://www.coursera.org website:

"An Introduction to Interactive Programming" in Python by Rice University

The "plus" of this training are:

1. Phyton is the language used by Blender
2. The training is FREE
3. The teachers are very good & professional
4. The training material is well organized and the course itself is really amusing
5. You will learn how to program several simple video games, with increasing level of difficulties, till the ASTEROID video game

In this training there is nothing about game engine, 3D animation etc. etc. but it is still a good way to learn how to SW-code in a clean way some real-rime play-able video games using the concepts of OOP (Object Oriented programming)

Cheers

Roberto

sw00000p (7/23/2015)
prabhatM (7/23/2015)
Yes, this is for my IOT project. I am implementing it on a server side javascript realtime engine.

Did you create it?
It's a huge task to hard-code for a game.
...well, it is for me.

I am not creating a game. I am using the game technologies and logic in my IOT development for better interactivity.

By vidi - 9 Years Ago
@animagic,   game guru is on sale now - http://store.steampowered.com/app/266310/http://store.steampowered.com/app/266310/it's a pretty simple engine, but easy for making a simple game that you can add iclone videos and props in,  in story mode.  very drag and drop  

instead of GameGuru,  I recommend for HQ Adventure Games  Adventurecreator,  a addon for the free Unity Engine.

Its very easy to learn and use.
You can use the full power of Unity's PBR and get a great complete visual editor without write a single  line of code.
Sometimes it is on sale, too .
With additional  the 3D xchange Pipeline Version,  you will have a  great Game developer environment.

Thanks, vidi! That looks interesting, and it's not too costly.
Thank You Vidi!! BigGrin

Just so you know ,  on Game Guru,  you can make it fancier if you want with lua scripts,  it creates stand alone games ...and doesn't have restrictions about how much money you make like unity with it's $100k rule,  and their multi player already works on steam.....  each one has it's advantages    -  the fact that you can make multi-player games and put it right on steam is a nice marketing advantage imo. 
Nasa is holding contests w00t Alien

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/challenges/nasa?ft_prog=FLC&ft_prog_id=100005102#robonautChallenges
By vidi - 9 Years Ago
Thanks, vidi! That looks interesting, and it's not too costly.         

There is  3,5 Hour Tutorial from Chris  the developer of AC,  so you will not lost at the beginning. 
Also you can ask him for help. He is  a very  friendly person.
AC get so many  5 stars rates not without reason.

http://www.adventurecreator.org/tutorials/making-3d-game

Adventure creator looks good I will keep that one in mind.   I bought the game guru cause it was less then 10 bucks and I was curious.  If I ever want to truly make a game I will probably look at the adventure creator too Smile

dear swoop;

as I watch this video,  I think of you....so here's some popcorn. Kiss

sw00000p (7/24/2015)
prabhatM (7/23/2015)
sw00000p (7/23/2015)
prabhatM (7/23/2015)

Did you create it?
It's a huge task to hard-code for a game.
...well, it is for me.

I am not creating a game. I am using the game technologies and logic in my IOT development for better interactivity.

I'm aware you are not creating a game. I was curious to whether or not.... Did YOU create the "StateMachie" for your project
...or have someone else do it?????

I used Machina Lib and extended it. I always do the functional prototyping of any of my project (across the domains) myself. Once I reach a point where the basic USP is mastered, I hire people to scale up the operation.

sw00000p (7/24/2015)
prabhatM (7/24/2015)
I used Machina Lib and extended it.

Sounds as if you extended upon someone else's work.

Huge task to accomplish all alone.

I'm not judging you. I pull my hair out doing this for games.... all alone, too.
Takes forever.Pinch

A State Machine is not an end in itself. It's a small part of a much bigger project. It's a small enabler and addresses few issues elegantly.
You tend to get into wrong loops. When you set your eyes on the project at a Macro level, you start seeing the role of the individual components better.
Now I am on to creating Visual Components  for  individual IOT Components like the stuff you see when you drag and connect material channels or rendering through nodes. I want my users design his own idea /services through this kind of drag and connect components dynamically. This is much bigger value from the project point of view. This would differentiate my product from others. Like you can create a whole ***  service system by just dragging and connecting a few components. HW linkages, Wifi/Bluetooth connectivity, talking to server, messaging protocols, email alerts all can be set through these visual components like you see in UNITY or UNREAL. Anyway, this is not the forum for details of such projects.

BTW, we always build our work on somebodyelse's work.
I did not invent the alphabets A,B,C,D... But I am replying to your question in English with enough of my own individual input in the above paragraph. I did not design C or JAVA SCRIPT. But I do enough that I can call on my own.
Please get your priorities right.

"this not the forum for details of such projects."

Please stay on topic! Pinch
planetstardragon (7/24/2015)
"this not the forum for details of such projects."

Please stay on topic! Pinch

Sometimes, the chances of a good idea or an important work  being trivialized are very high if the audience is not from the same domain.

I mean that this thread was created to talk about what ever we want!!! 
You want to  know more info on that topic,  and he should tell you!!  Pinch

you are always selflessly helping others with such patience kindness and love,  and the one time you ask someone to teach  you something,  so humbly and politely no less,  he's going to say this isn't the forum to talk about it ?!!   Crazy

"I expressed just how little I know"

yes,  I agree!!!   it's not every day we get you to admit you are a ninny! it's important that prabbaht honor this and school you!!   we got your back swooop!!!   
By The Digital Stylist - 9 Years Ago
I am already hugely impressed sorry no two finger clap from me. how about a standing ovation?! I LOVE YOUR ANIMATION!
Hi Mkat! BigGrin /

Welcome to our fun filled thread hehehe!!

ya,  what gets me though is that it's a quality script,  and it doesn't get the attention it deserves because it isn't dumbed down to sugar rush eye candy that is so dominant on youtube.  My observation is more ironic in nature as it appreciates the quality of a great project,  thrown into the pits of youtube to be overlooked!!     He really needed some trailer that had nothing to do with the movie that over dramatizes the clip to get any love on youtube! The virtual hollywood of b rated entertainment!  lol     so he fails in mine eyes for throwing his pearls to the swine!! Pinch

I chose to like you too!!  hah!  

gameguru is fast,  ez and low cost-  i can add music and props very fast.   You are the one that aspires to wasting time doing things that really don't matter to me!  It shouldn't bother you that nothing you enjoy or like amuses me one bit!  And messiah IS in fact a very cool program,  it's unfortunate though the developers let it go to the gutter!!  But messiah does things you wish your overpriced bloated software of choice could do! Fast!  even as under-developed software, it's light years ahead of your autoscripting workflow!  

but back to the main point,  you know nothing! well said!

just because you don't know how to make the best out of things,  doesn't mean that it's bad software -  it just means you know nothing are not creative and haven't an innovative bone in your body, ....as you so eloquently made abundantly clear.

I have no idea who put into your mind that I must like and do things you approve of.  I am totally ok with you studying things I find useless, mind numbing, and boring. I support your freedom to be yourself!
now that you mention it,  i would like to see something you made! Cool
My cats breath is bad... she goes to the dentist in august to get lotsa dental work she didnt need those teeth anyhow.

BigGrin 
urbanlamb (7/24/2015)
My cats breath is bad... she goes to the dentist in august to get lotsa dental work she didnt need those teeth anyhow.

BigGrin 

Do they have dentures or implants for cats???? ErmmLaughWow
I just got news that one of my tracks is #41 on itunes raggae charts in Argentina.....

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/604f1a63-c0d8-4f4d-bf05-5015.jpg

Yep the issue with Messiah is the developer, boy does he know how to pee off his users, thank god for akeytsu, this software is going to be very very cool.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0bc8d6fa-066e-4f6b-abf8-582b.png

This is the central character of my upcoming detective graphic novel. How do you like the rendering style ? The locations and ancillary characters will be real.
Perhaps like this -
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba1d7e41-2c1f-4cb6-a7b5-9008.png

Here's the full figure :
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7bac6f69-e605-4ce8-82df-d57e.png

Feel free to comment.
imo -  too saturated - distracting -  it feels like it want's to be a bit more noir because of the costume -  either that or more of the dick tracy comic book look
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/14/149021/2365636-dicktracygb_cover.jpg

and this is why i feel this way Tongue

and this is interesting,  i was curious to see how it looked in cartoon -  it's also less saturated.

It would be a little more noir. A bit edgy. I am experimenting with the idea that all investigations that he does tend to happen after the sun-set.
aha,  so he is an investigator! ^.^

i like the bump you added to the image,  it adds to the nostalgia....i think you will see that part pop out more when you remove some of the saturation.
planetstardragon (7/26/2015)
aha,  so he is an investigator! ^.^

i like the bump you added to the image,  it adds to the nostalgia....i think you will see that part pop out more when you remove some of the saturation.

Actually spent time trying to keep it subdued.

I got tired of doing the sets for my serials. Then I thought why not use the real locations for stories like in films, but keep the central characters digital ones. I think it's coming up well. The scenes have started looking homogenous and believable. I am going ahead with a 120-150 page graphic novel to begin with. Needed some relief in between doing the episodes.
what you have to do is experiment with layered matte painting.  looks really great

basically you use png / mask cut outs of images,  but as props -  like carve out a real mountain, some clouds and some trees etc .....then when you move the camera,  it keeps the 3D perspective, - fastest way to make a realistic environment.

I saw a great tutorial long ago on the topic,  and the guy had a plane flying through buildings with that approach - looked amazing.
Yes, we need to keep exploring.
this inspired a quantum thought!

a 1D image would be static,  a 2D image would move left right / up down without depth perception -  a 3D cut out mask image would have depth relativity -  different parts of the images would move at different speeds in relation to the perceived distance of the viewer .......what would a 4D image look like ?    I'm wondering if theoretically i'd need to be able to see the front and back of the image at the same time ? Blink      according to science there are 11 conceivable dimensions.

I enjoy puzzling this out every so often as I find it to be like steroids for the imagination lol
keep cycling through the above ideas in your mind,  first a static image,  then a moving image,  then an image with depth,  then keep trying to interpolate the next dimension,  it's mind boggling lol

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/8-cell-simple.gif
Pinch

One more iteration...experimenting with the character for my graphic novel..Captain Sundar
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/53dabc37-c97f-4ef6-82d7-4c27.png
Whistling

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c89a1cb9-9234-4aaf-9e67-b57e.jpg
Looks cool for a poster.
the intention was to add depth of field to your image with a soften brush, and create a distinct texture and blur change from the focus of your characters face and the background. This creates more mystery as the focus is guided to the dark eyes :p
When we start mixing the "real life locations" with this character, DOF will be the major tool for integration. It will go through few more passes before it reaches the comic panel.
I just found this article on experiences with having booths at comicon ...while I don't plan to get a booth in one, i none the less found the insight informative,  especially the commentaries.....

http://comicbookwife.com/2014/09/20/the-hidden-truth-about-comic-book-convention-earnings-for-creators-have-comic-book-conventions-jumped-the-shark/

Interesting Art !
https://www.behance.net/gallery/Predators/15620759

a friend of mine just turned me on to this ....interesting piece of software -  i'm installing it now ....it's a .....thingy that does stuff... and has free add ons that lets it do even more stuff Blink
http://kodi.tv/

The Twist represents a change in cultural standards, decency and questionable morality!  
( I would have loved to hear his views on twerking! w00t )

Here's the POP art style -
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba250fd9-850b-45cd-884d-c304.png

Flat Toon Shaded Style :

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c6476b37-88f4-4835-b5de-556f.png

And Graphic Novel Style :

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/862aaed0-202f-4311-84ad-941a.png

Which one do you prefer ?

i'd do a combo of the 2nd background with the 3rd character image :p
Hmm ! They may not match. But I will give a try.
that's the point,  they don't match  ( colorwise yes,  texture wise no )  -  create separation between the foreground and background to create more depth. the lack of shadow in the first 2 images on the characters face,  leaves out crucial details to the visual of the characters personality,   but in the 3rd picture he blends in too much with the background,  thus diluting the focus you want placed on your character.
It's not a single frame. It would be a graphic novel with many locations and actions. The overall look must be coherent.
Let me try few more frames and see the possibilities of mixing two different styles.
the concept is to separate the background from the foreground in a subtle, yet substantial way.  Maybe you should render the character 32 png and overlay it on a hot background -  it really shouldn't be both in one render if you want the best results

On another note ,  12 hours left on a steam game sale ..... Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete Edition  $12.49 for a bundle that would cost $126.00 if bought separately http://store.steampowered.com/sub/36075/

it's a strategy based game,  #6 on steams most played games, reminiscent of one of my past favorite games  - Microsoft's - Rise of Nations but turn based. A game I can play while multi tasking, since it's turned based lol 

A few more iterations...which one ?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e4a02f77-0f73-47a4-a2fb-2052.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a2ce0ca0-c4ca-4022-8457-9d81.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/56180b8c-fa67-43e6-a125-67c0.jpg

By honeywallz - 9 Years Ago
hi buddies! just a quickie. please what software can i use to make avatars of people ? yourself cartoons. any tutorial video links to follow up with ? thanks!
@prabhat ,  Very Nice!!!  yes,  that's what I'm talking about!!   w00t   ( image 1 ...the foreground contrasts nicest with the background  -  the other 2 are too close in color scheme )

@Honeywall - Welcome to the Forum!! BigGrin    You can do that with either Crazy Talk Animator - which is 2D animation software -  or Iclone which is 3D.   With Crazy Talk,  you animate images,    with Iclone,  you grab any facial image and super impose it on the Iclone Avatars. ( the current tools for doing this, work up till G5 avatars,  the G6 avatar tools for doing this are still being developed )

Cheers! Smile

Well, no one else has the courage to say it so I will.
Regarding Ocean Maker...... I think the concept and minimalist set design adds to the barren hopelessness of "it all".
The storyline is simple and I am not one of those R soles who says "Waahhhh, if you dont impress me in the first 10 seconds I'm off!"
Because, honestly, if your attention span can't outlast ten minutes, don't waste my time.

I think there's also been a subconscious effect on Swooooop as well because, note, he's/she's now talking about easy buttons.
Yet, the aircraft DID have quite a full console and not that simplistic either.

If you ask me? Swooooop felt emmediately threatened and out of his/her depth when he/she saw this young child at the controls of a sophisticated aircraft......... and he's/she's been self defensive ever since and off tack.

In my oppinion!
Which is worth twice its weight in something only worth half as much.

DID YOU KNOW...................

That, anagramatically speaking.....
the signature

KIND REGARDS....
SWoooooP

Has scary meanings.

Kind Regards.....
Gnarred Kids....
Arks Grinded.....
Darked Rings......
and scariest of all.......
Dirk gardens.

I put it to you................ Swooooop is an infiltrator.

or charcoal and berries for example,  since the cave man times.  It was just harder back then to juggle the painted rocks to show a movie.  Thanks for stating the obvious swoop! Rolleyes
swoop,  has it ever occurred to you,  that's how many people find iclone ?   lol

@Honeywalls -  don't listen to swoop,  he doesn't have the latest iclone,  he loves to start trouble on the forum,  and I suspect he's an under cover developer trying to discourage people from making their own work so he can impose his lack of talent on everyone else.  If you think I'm exaggerating,  ask him to show you his work,   He has a ton to say,  but to date, after YEARS of asking,  he doesn't show his work.   He's someone you really don't want to know. Wink

By wungun - 9 Years Ago
planetstardragon (8/3/2015)
swoop,  has it ever occurred to you,  that's how many people find iclone ?   lol

@Honeywalls -  don't listen to swoop,  he doesn't have the latest iclone,  he loves to start trouble on the forum,  and I suspect he's an under cover developer trying to discourage people from making their own work so he can impose his lack of talent on everyone else.  If you think I'm exaggerating,  ask him to show you his work,   He has a ton to say,  but to date, after YEARS of asking,  he doesn't show his work.   He's someone you really don't want to know. Wink

Swoop is this true? NOOOOOOOOO!

go on,  ask him to show some of his wonderful art.....
The character in different locations. Is the look consistent ?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5e81518d-e95b-4a26-bad8-672a.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d0d75e7f-1b68-4440-954a-4b90.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3bdcaa11-64f6-40e1-833e-c4d3.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/00f3720d-dc15-40e2-b763-698d.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c427f87b-1c7c-40ff-88b2-a362.jpg

Is the basic look worth pursuing ?
Didn't I tell you ?   all talk.....

@Prabbhat,   looks consistent,  but the saturation thingy - losing focus again
By honeywallz - 9 Years Ago
OMG! hmmmm.
anyway, thanks ya'll. its very exciting in here.
i'm already learning CTA2 ....gonna buy iClone & kinect shortly. great fella's like TET have been awesome!
anyway, as regards my question, i'm not concerned about 3D. what i wanna draw is cartoons of peoples faces, just like u see cartoon characters of popular politicians in newspapers, etc. which software do u think can get this done for me ? i dont want to use content (virtual) library to build faces.
planetstardragon (8/4/2015)

@Prabbhat,   looks consistent,  but the saturation thingy - losing focus again

At this moment, I am trying out same parameters ( the one you liked in the previous posting) for the character in different locations in different time of the day with different colour values. The test should be ok if we get it 60-70% right at this moment. These are random testing only to check the viability of the character in a mixed media environment.
Still we need to keep eye on the issues.
sw00000p (8/3/2015)
@honeywallz, For 3D character creation.... Goggle "3d Modeling Software." A long list of options to choose from. Pick one that suits you and.... ENJOY!Smile
Gnarled gardens,
sw00000p Cool

And of that doesnt grab you..... there's always Plastercine whcih is a good option. 
AND you can apply this to a wireframe as well.
AND skin it if you can roll the plastercine out thin enough.
And you can apply tessalation by sticking on some spare lumps.

The potentials are vast and endless.
Not very unlike the space that's between PSD's ears.

Here, as you can plainly see, I'm making a G6 model of Swooooop.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9ddba15-1339-4307-8767-dfc9.jpg
I dont think the expression's vacant ernough tho'. Blink
By mark - 9 Years Ago
I'm really liking what you're getting at  prabhatM!!! I'm starting to like that "look" a lot!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
sw00000p (8/3/2015)
[quote]

snipped rants..

There are very few people who are capable of actually getting under my skin but I must say that you do.

If we are so stupid and beneath you then just go away and leave us alone cause well we aren't worth the keystrokes and you know you should go find an audience that understands you.  HOnestly swoop at the risk of sounding mean (but I think this is the only language you understand because quite frankly your rude and belittling most of the time) why dont you just go away.   

sw00000p (8/4/2015)
[quote]urbanlamb (8/4/2015)
[quote]sw00000p (8/3/2015)
[quote]

.......and prabhatM.

You really fancy day dreaming.

mark (8/4/2015)
I'm really liking what you're getting at  prabhatM!!! I'm starting to like that "look" a lot!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

Thanks Mark ! These tests are for a graphic novel. Trying out a work flow where one could mix the real life locations with the animated characters. The beauty of this workflow is that one could do a relatively reasonable looking panel in 10 minutes or so ! Then even a 150 page graphic novel with 5-6 panels a page wouldn't look such a big project !
sw00000p (8/4/2015)
@urbanlamb,

PSD understands me. If Messiah developers continued to update their product... "He would be an "Advanced Level Content Developer."

Armstrong & prabhatM... DO understand me. They just need more practice.
Sorry, you and many other users DON'T understand my level of CGI Techniques and Methods.

...the sole reason I seek to help others, whom use 3rd party software.

Kind Regards,
sw00000p[ Cool

I understand you and I have to say I have rarely seen you actually help .. once or twice maybe.. most of the time you use home made abbrev. and short forms and tell people that they cant understand your tutorials which is not helping its something else that starts with an E. 

I have to say that people who just let this poor behaviour just slide by repeatedly and give you a platform for your  'E' probably need to stop but yes everyone understands including me.    You say you want to help but then you post that you made a tutorial but it went over everyones heads cause they are you know not as smart as you and so you took it down.   LOL.

Anyhow carry on with your nonsense.    

Helping is teaching so others understand 
Helping is not using morse code. Helping is setting things up so people can learn at their speed and answering questions so that anyone can understand.  

Helping is not teaching in a manner to deliberately confuse people and refusing to have any empathy or understanding and repeatedly hitting them over the head with a virtual 2x4.  Again that is something else but its not helping Smile 

well,  to be fair,  part of the reason swoop got so extreme is because of me.   He did not exist before I joined, his account was created specifically to battle me <3. Not many people know how to handle swoop,  i do.  I hog tied him and ran him through the dirt pretty bad,  and swoop is a never say die kind of person, something we have in common actually...part of why i like him...... Soooo....over time to prove to everyone else that he's really not trying to save face from the utter intellectual destruction i poured in his face and down his pants,  he helps people.....I run with it, because it does help advanced users.  

I can break him easy,  but I won't....I like the guy and find him useful.  Heck,  on random occasions you'll see him and myself team up against someone else intent on wrecking the forum.  I often let him ride shotgun in those wars with me, because I know he wants to secure his position as number 2 troll on this forum.    I am no innocent in this, so I won't paint myself as a white knight .....I feel more honest saying I'm a troll's troll, the vampire that walks in the light if you will..lol....The advantage I have over him, is that I really do love people,  including him.  The day he learns to make his love for people the fuel for his mongering,  is the day he may have a chance at beating me in debate.....He knows his place with me though, in a sense he's my student.  Maybe, if deep down inside he's the biggest sweetheart we could ever meet in person,  he'll graduate one day.......... Cool

My two cents well the last two on this subject .  Anyone who says "i put up a tutorial and everyone was too stupid to understand it" yeah well this is not to help that is "e" .      If he wanted to help and not you know um "t" he would make a better tutorial not blame the user LOL.   

I think most people know he is not here to help but are just too polite to say anything about it maybe I dunno.     Sometimes he posts a diagram or something that might help one person maybe if they understood it.      However usually there is somewhere buried on this forum a diagram already (okay that was mean .. a bit) that is better LOL.

Now I am done, but truly I think people would get better help if they didnt need to sift through 3 pages of morse code to find an answer (that someone else posted) 

I guess that was more like 5 cents.. 

Now for real I am done. 
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”  - Albert Einstein

Forgive him,  for he knows not what he explains. But he's trying.   Wow
LOL yes I tell people "explain it to me like I am an 8 year old" they laugh but I am serious so I put on two extra years.  

Anyhow.. i guess this is the "anything goes" thread so.. my 5 cents worth is in the right place.  
I, for one, appreciate Swoooop. He's obviously an intelligent person and is very knowledgeable about the technicalities of 3D character creation, however I get the feeling that he disconnects when it comes to applying this knowledge to create a 'better' video . This is not a bad thing, he just may not be an animator nor a story-teller.

The problem lies in that he speaks to the forum as if we are all professional animators and model makers. Many, and I only say many because I have no proof to support the use of 'most', bought iclone because we wanted to make videos but had to do it on the cheap. We're amateurs so it's not hard to understand that Swoooop  may feel a bit superior to us when it comes to the fine points of mesh construction etc. I have seen him give kudos to forum members for the videos they have created so I know that he does respect people who use iclone to convey a story.

Although he usually talks way above my head ( Not a hard thing to do by the way, Armstrong does it quite often as well. Tongue ) I like Swoooop, he says what he thinks, and that's a quality I admire in anyone, (A little more tact wouldn't be a bad thing though.) He's also a member of my reallusion forum family and it takes all kinds to make a great family. All of the people on this forum combine to make it a fine family indeed.

Coolpete

that's what makes you a nooblet swooop,   you need to come full circle....back to " i know nothing"  -  to explain it in a way anyone can understand.  You simply don't understand how though,  and that's ok...this is a noob friendly forum. -hugs-
you mean,  you don't understand how to say it simpler.  
You keep explaining exact technique,  than explaining concept and abstract. 
While you understand the how,  you completely overlook the why.
There are usually more hows, than whys.
why would i want to make better iclone movies ? im pretty happy with my work now Wow
thank you,  i want you to be happy too! BigGrin

too much technique and no story,  is not fun.

sw00000p (8/5/2015)
[quote]
For Intermediate to Advance Users:
Take your camcorder and shoot a scene.
1. Extract the animation data.
2. Configure the drivers.
3. Script the bones to accept the data.
POOF!Wow

ROFLMAO!... 

You're so funny swoop, I'd love to teach you how to bake a cake to celebrate:

For Intermediate to Advance Cooks:
Take your shopping trolley and buy ingredients.
1. Extract ingredients from trolley.
2. Configure the oven.
3. Script the icing onto the finished cake.
POOF!Wow

hahahahahaha
almost.....with swoops recipe it's "Buy the BEST ingredients"  lol!!
You can't make a REAL chocolate cake without chocolate from Switzerland,  none of this hersheys crap!
planetstardragon (8/5/2015)
almost.....with swoops recipe it's "Buy the BEST ingredients"  lol!!
You can't make a REAL chocolate cake without chocolate from Switzerland,  none of this hersheys crap!

oh but that was a recipe for strawberry cake... couldn't you tell? 
hahahahahahahaha

@swoop exactly,  you are fascinated by technology.   While some people will go to a movie to actually enjoy the movie,  you will go to guess what plug ins they used to make everything move.   I've done both,  more into just watching a great movie or show these days -  I'm catching up on all the old,  Star Trek Voyager episodes lately...and wow,  those were really well written stories!  ....I'm having a major crush on 7 of 9!!  Wow

@Bleetz ROFL -  wow,  I'm such a noob!!! hahahah!!

sw00000p (8/5/2015)
Bleetz (8/5/2015)
ROFLMAO!... 

hahahahahaha

Your laughing????

Does your laghing mean....
You CAN extract camcorder animation data, configure drivers and apply it to bones? Whistling

yeah,  it's called rotoscoping,  keyframing. Whistling
Haaaaaaa

new issues with windows 10 and the edge browser, keeps crashing out if I try a long post.
Keeping this short to see if it will post
great,  now to get to the next level ...you need to forget everything you know.....and go back to just wanting to make that star trek video! 

just give me a holodeck and a replicator,  and I'd be a very happy person!  I really don't care how it works. lol
and that's the difference,  you imagine all sorts of ways to make a holodeck,  I imagine all sorts of ways to use a holodeck.

your chosen path is to serve my wishes.  No argument from me....go make me a holodeck!
using your logic,  you are not a real cgi artist because you didn't create 3DSMax rofl -smh- 
Do you really care about learning how to create 3DSMax itself,  or how you plan to use it ?

your arguments are driven by nonsense.

Reminds me of this song .
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
primaveranz (8/5/2015)
Reminds me of this song .

Which quickly leads to this song, as another metaphor of you two.

To my eternal shame I had never seen that video! But as you suggest, reading these forums comes a pretty close second  Wink
//... and that's the difference,  you imagine all sorts of ways to make a holodeck ...//... 

Which reinforces.......

Modellers make people cry.
Animators cause people to cry.

prabhatM (8/3/2015)

Why's he got a bullet hole in the middle of his forehead???????????????????
Zombie?
Bit worn thin if yes!

Armstrong (8/5/2015)
prabhatM (8/3/2015)

Why's he got a bullet hole in the middle of his forehead???????????????????
Zombie?
Bit worn thin if yes!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ca6e2e30-42a1-4c95-9cb9-99ab.jpg

Bleetz (8/5/2015)
sw00000p (8/5/2015)
[quote]
For Intermediate to Advance Users:
Take your camcorder and shoot a scene.
1. Extract the animation data.
2. Configure the drivers.
3. Script the bones to accept the data.
POOF!Wow

ROFLMAO!... 

For Intermediate to Advance Cooks:
Take your shopping trolley and buy ingredients.
1. Extract ingredients from trolley.
2. Configure the oven.
3. Script the icing onto the finished cake.
POOF!Wow

hahahahahaha

Thank you for that awesome cake baking tutorial!

sw00000p (8/5/2015)
planetstardragon (8/4/2015)
that's what makes you a nooblet swooop,   you need to come full circle....back to " i know nothing"  -  to explain it in a way anyone can understand.

Our topic was using Blender and urbanlamb jumped in with tutorial for dummy's.
These tuttorials.... at no point.... addressed the issues I discussed.

My intent is NOT to help EVERYONE... only those with basic tool knowledge of 3rd party 3d modeling and animation software.
urbanlamb's inability to explain the steps I discussed is for Intermediate to advanced users.
....not dummy's!

Now urbanlamb is upset because I don't start at square one....

I am not upset I am just pointing out that.. you dont know how to teach and that instead of blaming the end users for not understanding your implied meanings in your morse code posts of bullet points and buzzwords you should instead create a better tutorial.    However its pretty clear to me that in the end your intent is to *not* teach, but rather try to make things seem harder then they are so that people will get scared and give up.  Or possibly you want them to *not* buy iclone because they might make something good in it thereby proving that real time engines are capable of producing good quality work if people take the care to make it so.  

If people learn its likely in spite of your posts not because of your posts. 

There I said it.     

I have now gone on to 10 cents worth of words.   
lol,  gotta love swoop,    it's like you go up to him to ask him how to become a dr -  he tells you,  that you have to become a top notch car mechanic first ....his reasoning,  in case the car breaks down on the way to surgery ^.^
"Hey now,  That's not funny,  a DR has to be RESPONSIBLE!!"
lol,  gotta love swoop,    it's like you go up to him to ask him how to become a dr -  he tells you,  that you have to become a top notch car mechanic first ....his reasoning,  in case the car breaks down on the way to surgery ^.^
"Hey now,  That's not funny,  a DR has to be RESPONSIBLE!!"

Very interesting !!!

hey,  that's awesome that you'd like Urbanlamb to follow your fantasies, 

BUT

what about what Urbanlamb wants ?  does anyone else's life exist beyond your delusions of grandeur ?

sw00000p (8/5/2015)
Hey Ricky,
You can easily create a Holodeck, dude.

1. Control the 'Visibility Track."
2. Switch Textures.
3. iClone WILL do this!Wow

Kind Regards,
sw00000p Cool

Just one problem with that swoop,  that's your fantasy,  not mine Laugh
btw,  if you haven't played civilization 5,  WOWOW,  amazing game,  now I see why it's so highly ranked.  Very intellectually stimulating and addictive!  it's like chess on steroids
swoop,  i don't need you....first,  if I wanted to ,  it's easy enough to make with sketchup.....2nd,  other people share your fantasies of making stuff for OTHERS to make movies.  

follow this link for a rude awakening.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=2b1cff398b67e3ddf4ddd0f1e56ad007

You just like to waste time fantasizing how cool you think you are for sticking graphics on a box with autowreck ez buttons.
Anything you can do,  I can do better,  if I wanted to...I just don't want to,  it's your life,  feel free to waste all the time you want Laugh

sw00000p (8/5/2015)
@urbanlamb,
Is this "Morse Code" to you.

Example: Rigging (Children Bones Inheriting Move, Rotation and Scale)
If you "Raise-the-Bar" and wish to create "Bone-Stretch with IK - FK Blending"...

If you (DIRECTLY LINK) the Upper Arm to the Shoulder and STRETCH the bones...
One often Gets A......
"Cycle Redundancy Loop!"

To properly accomplish this...
Kind Regards,
sw00000p Cool

you got a guy he is coming to the forum he is interested in iclone to import other people's animations and characters to make a movie. 

you tell him to learn to model first and do animations first or his stuff is gonna suck. What is the point to even replying to his post if this is what your going to say?  

You are trying to teach people principles they dont need to use iclone its redundant useless information, but your purpose here as you so kindly prove in spades is not the people here but what you know and what you think others dont know. Because you feel your smarter then them.   Its only knowledge ANYONE can learn it.   

Yet at the same time you tell people you want to help.  If that is so why are you throwing words and techniques at them that will never EVER apply to iclone.    

Long story short your on the wrong forums.    Your in the wrong domain your talking about principles people will never EVER use inside iclone because that is not what its for.  I am not trying to teach people about inverse kinematics (you will notice I used the full word there and not some abbreviation) because its not necessary when someone else has made the animations and all this is applied inside the 3dexchange as you try to import a character to obey their constraints.   Unless someone says "hey I want to learn to model for making movies inside blender" there is no point explaining that because we are on the iclone forums not the blender forums.    

As a side note I have yet to see you teach those principles on these forums either because you know your teaching "advanced" techniques and not something for "dummies".  You use lots of buzzwords but never show anyone how to do it from start to finish yet these are "advanced" techniques.   You say you want to help but then you do everything in your power to not help.  

So now you want to show me how much you know about rigging and animation outside of iclone good for you.   What brings to you think that others dont know this who explain things on these forums?   Is it perhaps its not relevant to the topics at hand?

#justsayin Whistling

lol well it is the "anything goes" thread and I felt like saying something.  

the only other words out of my mouth when someone says "I know this and you dont" are "who cares"  BigGrin
@Urbanlamb

Some people here want to be developers and Iclone is the software we develop for.
Most Icloners at some point or another want to create or mod a prop and yes for that you do not need to learn at the level
Swoooop comes in at.

But ! some do, I have found Swoops help  honestly pushed me to stop taking short cuts, they always end up wasting time,
do the job right from the start will save you headache later as well as everything I know about uvs.

I am not the only one Swoooop has helped, some do not like his tone, fare enough but understand there are a few 100 pages at least of
in depth help hidden inside the forum all from Swooooop.
Well I actually got to post without a crash, but I am having major issues with windows 10 and the forum.
it doesn't change the fact that he's glorifying putting a texture in a box to make a holodeck,  and if you don't do it in 3DSmax it's inferior / unprofessional.  we both love him very much,  but he's still a ninny! he's still our ninny,  but none the less a ninny! 

I can imagine him at his gigs,  someone asks him for a model of a car,  and he gives them a grilled cheese and a 4 hour video explaining how to make it.  saying " well if you want to learn animation or film an animation,  you have to eat food or die mid project!"   He glorifies trivial things!

bluemidget666 (8/5/2015)
@Urbanlamb

Some people here want to be developers and Iclone is the software we develop for.
Most Icloners at some point or another want to create or mod a prop and yes for that you do not need to learn at the level
Swoooop comes in at.

But ! some do, I have found Swoops help  honestly pushed me to stop taking short cuts, they always end up wasting time,
do the job right from the start will save you headache later as well as everything I know about uvs.

I am not the only one Swoooop has helped, some do not like his tone, fare enough but understand there are a few 100 pages at least of
in depth help hidden inside the forum all from Swooooop.

Yes he helped me once he posted a diagram on facial bones LOL.    I was looking for information and found the diagram in the thread as I was trying to decide what iclone recognized and wanted and what I could leave out.   I later learned something else that meant the initial information was not necessary to the end task however at the time the diagram was helpful.  

However that does not undo all the other stuff he does.     That is the point once and awhile he can be helpful if he wants to, but most of the time he is not.     Being good at something does not mean you have license to be well rude, arrogant, self centered & disprespectful which is what he does.    Some people want to use iclone and 3dexchange pipeline to get stuff out & others realize that they want to know more beyond iclone.  However what he knows and does not know is not necessarily even relevant to the topics he answers and posts about.     In fact in most cases its not.    

Hence my initial post about it all and the fact that the information he does have does not mean that people have to put up with his poor behaviour.    It is after all just "book knowledge" it simply takes time to learn it and absorb it; however half the people he is hitting over the head with a 2x4 either dont need or want the information or are being confused by it because they have not learned the other stuff beforehand so this is the opposite of helpful and depending on the personality of the person could be quite destructive.  

...so maybe 5-10% of the time his information is helpful the rest of the time its the opposite....   

it doesn't change the fact that he's glorifying putting a texture in a box to make a holodeck,  and if you don't do it in 3DSmax it's inferior / unprofessional.  we both love him very much,  but he's still a ninny! he's still our ninny,  but none the less a ninny!  

I can imagine him at his gigs,  someone asks him for a model of a car,  and he gives them a grilled cheese and a 4 hour video explaining how to make it.  saying " well if you want to learn animation or film an animation,  you have to eat food or die mid project!"   He glorifies trivial things!

In all honesty if your trying to learn max or whatever these forums are not the place
the other thing I told this to someone else the other day is if you really want to learn all the ins and outs use blender the knowledge is the same the blender cloud has professionally taught courses for a pittance.    Then take that knowledge and apply it to max or maya or whatever (personally max has had its day maya is a better bet I think.. however in my allergy to autodesk what I really want to say is 'anything but an autodesk product').  Unless someone is footing the bill for you if your learning it just out of a quest for knowledge contrary to popular belief there some very thorough and indepth courses taught by industry leaders available for 18 bucks a month or whatever on the Blender Cloud.   They from time to time even have some very structured workshops but they require you to pass a test to ensure you fullfill the prerequisits.  

Hey I have argued with Swoooop

my tag line at the bottom of my post is due to a 3 hour argument with him Smile

Personalities  do clash in the forum, I don't know of a easy fix to that.
Swoops at the age he does it his way and that's that, I'm at the age where I'm identifying with his thinking Smile

do not know why I'm always making 2 posts.
bluemidget666 (8/5/2015)
Hey I have argued with Swoooop

my tag line at the bottom of my post is due to a 3 hour argument with him Smile

Swoops at the age he does it his way and that's that, I'm at the age where I'm identifying with his thinking Smile

well I am 52 I do it my way as well I even make videos about it LOL, but to my knowledge I dont recall being as PSD puts it a "ninny".   We all have our own ways the information is out there and we are after all for the most part all adults and as such we decide what we want to know or dont know.      Also as adults I would think we all have the basic you know social ettiquette down and how to interact to a point.    

Which is kinda where this all started at in the first place.       After a comment he made about him making a kick butt tutorial and everyone being too stupid to understand it so he took it down.   LOL   I dont know any situation where this would be an okay thing to say regardless of people's personalities.    Somehow its acceptable to say this sort of stuff which basically insults an entire community.    

so the point still is "why do people put up with that" because quiet honestly its not okay doesn't matter who you are the CEO of the company, Spielberg or just a regular user.  Its "not cool" to be like that BigGrin

Lol
Its funny because he has actually mellowed over the years.
I have actually been a lurker for a very very long time so I know swoop.  Its one of the reasons why I have not posted for well years LOL.     He is a bit quieter so its almost bearable however I get tired of watching it as I have been watching various incarnations of it so since I too am older I decided to say something.    I started using iclone at version 4.0 but it was not what i wanted at the time still I kept at it and used it for little things to amuse myself then 5.0 came along and things got more interesting (still didnt use it much) then 6.0 and NOW I am using it to the abandonment of other things because now its almost exactly what I want Smile 

So I know swoop still I wonder and have wondered for years really 
I'm sorry but I seem to remember the storyline going something like this................

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/db9269c3-2c37-48d6-9570-0ae6.jpg
I expect (ahem!) everybody else probably remembers a different versiona nd to facilitate this, I include their "idea board" here!!!
Well, everyone is alternately impressionable.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4345cf41-4747-48f1-a050-9e15.png
Or was it like this......................... I can't remember too clearly..........

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c6c1ce82-2190-4579-823d-8b71.jpg
Well when things couldn't get any more weirder they just do Smile
@Swooop
My PC is in bits for updates so I am on my tablet so modelling and rigging are a bit limited but I am playing with
autodesk (yikes) 123d sculpt + and working on a character model, once it done and gone through Zbrush you can take me
Through the rigging process, ill be using akeytsu, but it looks like it covers all the basics.

bluemidget666 (8/5/2015)

a bowl of tuna fish and peanut butter jello -  it's easier to repulse everyone than it is to please everyone.  They will unite and say "Ewwww" in harmony.  Either that or create an anything goes thread and let everyone say whatever is on their mind so they can all have fun laughing at trivial stuff together :p

bluemidget666 (8/5/2015)

Swoops at the age he .....

oh my,  this could be a fun game ...

Swoop's at the age he talks about the good old days when there were no EZ buttons and he had to walk 15 miles just to use his friends Tandy computer to play Pong in dos basic....and he Loved it!!  Wow
Urbanlamb is pretty new to posting in the Forum and ends up in here.
Initiation by fire or what Smile
bluemidget666 (8/5/2015)
...//...  I am on my tablet so modelling and rigging are a bit limited

Well, not to be too patronising but.... what tablets are you on.
In my oppinion, Tablets, pils, drugs of all sorts are BOUND to give you liitations when it comes to rigging.

Swooooop is starting his journey to a slow death.

Remember the days of the DOS batch file??? Variable parameters and echo commands?
DEAD!

Remember learning PASCAL to compete and translate to C............................................ which became overngiht C+................................ giving way to C++ mere seconds later          and now........??????

Microsoft are going to make modelling literally a case of opening up a "blank" avatar and reshaping it as you need it with your bare hands.  Pulling and twisting physically virtually.
Record its movements by doing them yourself....
and auto-embedding that movement into the avatar at predefined moments.
http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/microsoft-hololens-build-anatomy-600x450.jpg

Modeling, within the decade, is starting to fizzle out and die like a fuse on a wet pavement.

THINK ABOUT IT.
I made a  beautiful twin wick glass and brass Chimney lamp.
And a suite of Chinese Architecture from 2200 years ago.
And I couldnt use anything but iClone.

I dont know, 3DSMAX, AutoCad or anything.
Already that age has been scratching away at the subconscious terror-zones of all modellers.

The timebomb to a world of something so far beyond the EZ button is terryfying Swooooop because he is fast becoming.......

OBSOLETE.
bluemidget666 (8/5/2015)

lol been reading them for ages they are um odd forums.  I just was curious I get curious from time-to-time and then I pop up and ask.     Personally I dont agree with a lot of the stuff that gets said because one can say one is joking, but at some level its what the person is thinking or the words would not surface to be spoken.   (that sounds very freudian I am sure he had things to say about people who are "just joking" or whatevers )

Anyhow for the most part people are what they appear I find or have found.     That being said my questions have been answered I dont necessarily agree, but as I have said before these forums have always been a rather strange place to post really.  

Today I posted because I was doing tilling work on the kitchen walls on the backsplash area between the counter and cupboards and its rather fiddly so every few tiles I stop and read/post.  

So I asked and now I know.      

sw00000p (8/6/2015)
bluemidget666 (8/5/2015)

urabanlamb expects to start from step one....
NEVER going to happen!

Kind Regards,
sw00000p Cool

I didnt say that what I said was you can't teach.  LOL 

I have yet to see evidence to disprove my conclusion 

Oh, and I nearly forgot....

Swooooop.
http://images.halloweencostumes.com/products/14496/1-1/catwoman-classic-series-grand-heritage-costume.jpg
Hathe good old batch file

Cd c:\

del *.*

echo "have a nice day"

always a fun one
"context" 

hrmm...it would certainly explain why you don't have an icon swoop Whistling
"context" ?
another duplicate post
syntax? 

ooh ooh,  i know i know -in arnold horshack voice-

if then -  is context

if then, go to -  is syntax!

I am slow , what's the question
bluemidget666 (8/6/2015)
I am slow , what's the question

that would be vinny barbarino

what can I tell you,   I'm a dj,  mixing and matching stuff is 2nd nature to me at this point ;x
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2e1da627-940c-4e6c-ae9a-5743.jpg

I have just spent 20 mins trying to display the picture of PSD that Armstrong posted

I don't think its there , I think its just a picture of a x

I'm off to sleep.
swoop,  i know you can make some great art,  stop being so insecure man.

Look at Prabbhat, his work is really shaping up to look amazing....it started one way and molding into a masterpiece...
Stop fearing failure,   failure is what success is built on - you can't stand on top if you have nothing to stand on!  

So post those big noses so we can help you shape it up,  you will achieve your dreams,  if you allow yourself to fail a million times!

"Like everyone else you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept the way to lose — to accept defeat. To learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes you must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying!" Bruce Lee 

you are obviously not afraid to lose a debate vs me, you've been losing them since we met...and what happened...you got better ......stop the ninny nonsense and start posting your art so we can help liberate you of those ninny thoughts!

"Today is a good day to die!" Worf

Kiss
"Oh, and one more thing" - Steve Jobs

You can sell your comic books @ https://submit.comixology.com/

and this picture is worth 27 million dollars,  don't tell me you can't do better with iclone,  seriously!! You KNOW I would have been ragging Picasso about that hairy neck look!! Ermm Art is beyond technique!
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/150804160651-picassos-head-of-a-young-woman-large-169.jpg
that's like saying you love skydiving but are afraid of heights. Blink

are you that guy that loves going to the movie theatre to sleep ?

ez buttons ?  you have the nerve to accuse ME of ez buttons ..... You spend thousands of dollars in autowreck looking for fancy scripts that kill your imagination,  and I use simple tools to create big ideas....and I'M using ez buttons ? lol  

yes swoop,  art and 3D is all about "pretty pictures"  -  you are imitating a mixamo script and call that being superior in art ?  are you kidding me ?

you are like some borg trying to lecture me on how to be myself lol!!   wow!!
you have people that make paint,  and Picasso.
FACT: Picasso Used Common House Paint.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/science/picasso-used-common-house-paint-scientists-say.html?_r=0

you sir,  make house paint.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/26723760.jpg
Autowreck is ALL ABOUT EZ buttons -  that's why it's bloated and outdated technology. let's face it swoop,  you can't honestly call yourself a 3D artist.  You are just mimicking a redundant automated process,  not pioneering new schools of thought. 

and you are the ez button for the artist that pays you. you aren't an artist swoop,  you have no business calling yourself a 3D artist.
yep,  i use chitty little things to do amazingly great projects -  don't you get it ? that's what makes a person great ....using simple stuff to make huge things. 

i know you want my admiration,  but about the most you'll get from me is adoration....otherwise you don't impress me swoop...sorry..   I'll give you a 3/10 for trying so hard though.
@Armstrong

Cool remix !
I didn't miss the tear drops !! Smile
sw00000p (8/6/2015)

Armstrong. YOU FIND THIS FUNNY.  ME TOO!!
Portraying me as a SUPERHERO..... . What the hell is wrong with me!   I invited myself to join my own forum for superhero's ... To TEACH you to respect SUPERHEROS.
I declined my own offer because I'm such a bitch-queen. THIS "Deformation of Splines and Segments" of the modellers world  NEEDS TO STOP... IMMEDIATELY! I HAVE SPOKEN. I AM almost GOD after all. 
Well, kind of. 

DONT give me PMT hogwash, Swooooop......
You KNOW you wish you were really as sexy as .....

(Left to Right.)
BlueMidget, Me and PlanetStarDragon.

Well, We think the three of us are quite sexy even if you don't.
You can't blame us for your lack of rump appeal!!!
Still....................  Anything goes. That's what I always say!

w00tBigGrinTongueHeheCool

What really stands out in a character animation ?
====================================
As an animator what would you really prefer and define as a good character animation ?
1) Body Motion
OR
2) Subtle Response and facial expressions

As I noticed people go ga ga over body motions / actions and forget to appreciate the deliberately created subtle facial expressions and sense of humour and drama.
A good director who understands theatre, human emotions can only create very subtle expressions. He does not have the luxury of using bvh for his facial animations ( atleast now in ICLONE).
I think in recently concluded competition, RL failed to appreciate that.

No malice intended. Just an opinion.

prabhatM (8/6/2015)
@Armstrong
Cool remix !  I didn't miss the tear drops !! Smile

Tongue Ah well, we didnt get famous..... but maybe next time. Nice cartooning though, the original. I always resp[ect those who have the naunce to create good comic art. Its not an easy field.
CoolAlienCool
prabhatM (8/6/2015)

As an animator what would you really prefer and define as a good character animation ?
1) Body Motion
OR
As I noticed people go ga ga over body motions / actions and forget to appreciate the deliberately created subtle facial expressions and sense of humour and drama.
A good director who understands theatre, human emotions can only create very subtle expressions. He does not have the luxury of using bvh for his facial animations ( atleast now in ICLONE).

Regarding facial expressionistics; the art of the animator to super-excpress the wording through facial control...... THIS gains my respect the most. The mouth especially seems to be a forgotten element.
Shame we cant have bottom lip biting - nerves - in thought, etc.
But you n me both know that its all a case of flicking the camera back and forth to catch someone catching someone elses eye secretly to the speaker... their reaction; the knowledge we know that the speaker doesn't etc and etc,
Leagues and leagues of subtleties in the entirety of the whole formulae.

This is why I love the Monster pack by Reallusion the most.
The engineering allowed with the Mouse on run after run adding and adding to.....  the facial manipulation...... superb concept, superb in practice. I love it.
I think they SO ABSOLUTELY got it right in this method and I also think iots the first place newcomers to iClone should go when it comes to maniulating the FACE and MOUTH to punch impact out to the audience. 

In the meantime lets not get too gaged up on MoCap..... for the present iClone has masses available to animators and well enough to compose and deliver an impressive piece.
Until more arrives, it's not like our hands are tied. The world is still ours.............. if you're an Animator.

And as we all know... especially Swoooooop,

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0df33c9f-4074-4e99-bfc0-ade0.jpg
We ARE animators.  

Armstrong.

and that was a good artistic observation,  well said Smile

it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing...do wop do wop do wop do wop ♪ ♫ ♬

it's why i hardly put out stuff lately,   I've been so focused on admin stuff,  few things move me lately...if it doesn't move me,  i can't feel confident about it moving someone else - I guess that's why i love gaming so much,  my way of meditation lol Alien

I also have tinnitus,  no such thing as quiet for me, i had to learn my own yang style of meditation on many levels :x  

prabhatM (8/6/2015)

1) Body Motion
OR

here's ANOTHER thing swoop CAN'T DO! I did it on my 2nd game without knowing all the pro details!  Cool   #noobiestar  #ftw

( I won the first game from survival, 2nd game I understood how the workers functioned! Tongue )
Civilization V is so addicting, it's like trying to say "this is really my last cookie" till they are all gone!! heh!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0d12eb72-3ffe-4159-b12a-61bc.jpg

civilizations is fun I am waiting for their new release I enjoy those types of games better then the shootem up games often.   Smile
yeah,  i've always been a fan of those kinds of games since warcraft1!   When i was younger i use to enjoy chess,  i don't play anymore but these games fill that gap nicely BigGrin     I still enjoy mmo pvp too,  not flat out shooter but stuff that requires strategy - guildwars was good for a while till the developers dumbed it down to a brainless grind to cater to the next generation of wow gamers that love loot more than strategy.   Civ 6 ?   interesting,  I know they tried the Civilization beyond earth edition,  but it didn't go over very well as people were complaining that it was the same thing as civ 5 but new graphics and unenthusiastic vocal performances and storylines.

anyways ...on a completely different note,  I've been having fun experimenting with a new style of dance music, the track i'm currently working on is a modern dance flavored version of 60's surf music,  I am having so much fun with it,  it's a nice change of pace..I'm getting inspired for a late 60's - 70's psychadelic animated video too.

"yeah baby!" - austin powers

I would take the basic melody of this and resample to clarinette, add a 10 piece violin orchestra and trumpet...suddenly it would sound so modern !
that wouldn't be making it modern though,  that would be making it different -   that soundset you mentioned is more orchestral / pop thus a different genre.

each of these eras have sound sets and when you take the same sound sets and pump them up to modern standards,  it becomes something new yet the same.  -  basically taking the same band and giving them electronic equipment ....not replacing the band with an orchestra.
The guitar notes have a sound that's so identifiable to a particular era. Take the melody and resample to a different instrument, you will create a variation that may sound very contemporary.
I use orchestral setup because I love the grandness.

Sometimes, I take a very old piano music sheet, resample it with a different instrument, mix modern beat and it sounds very interesting.

==========
I love cooking and experimenting.
One day I realized I use almost same spices yet curries taste different.
Then I realized it's like perfumes. You decide what the base and top note would be and the aroma in perfume and flavour in curry would vary accordingly.
It's same with music.
Armstrong.

I always hated TTS.
But yesterday I found that with a little work it could turn out nice.
----
Here's a small script.

Mr. X (a cartoon bird character ) is asked to send some of his old "sample works" to a prospective customer. But he never kept any sample. Now he wants this job. So what does he do ? He studied the requirement of the prospective customer and decided to create a female anchor that the customer could use and then write to the customer ( using IPAD ) that he is willing to take up the assignment.
The segment is about his struggle with the idea that he has to send some work samples.
--
Scene :
Mr X is sleeping on a sofa and listening to music. He gets an email on his iPhone. The customer wants him to send some work sample. Mr X goes mad because he never kept any work samples. He runs all around to look for a sample work. But he can't find any. Now what does he do? Then he decides to study the requirement in the advertisement and realizes that the client needs a good animated anchor to explain his service. Mr X creates a sexy anchor through magic instantly and the starts replying to the client's email.

Without visual it may be a little tricky to grasp. But check the modulation. You might like it . A little patience needed.

https://soundcloud.com/prabhat-mohanty/whysample-audiotrack
uh,  a rubber ducky ? Blink

try the mac tts -  its better than the ms tts.

ok,  here's a report to get the imagination going http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_alien/blueplanetproject/blueplanetproject.htm
Yesssss!  finally done with my latest Track!  I had fun with this BigGrin

https://anirhythm.bandcamp.com/track/surfing-ibiza-twitter-exclusive-promo
In India, we are in the middle of a sensational murder case :

The 2nd wife of a TV Tycoon, who is her 3rd husband, possibly 4th, murdered her own younger sister  3 years back, who actually happens to be her daughter though introduced as sister for last 24 years, with the help her 2nd husband because her daughter was in a relationship with the 2nd son of her current husband from his 1st marriage !

Her ex-driver and accomplish in the crime recently caught with a gun and was about go out of the town for sometime.
Who was their next target ?
Her younger 23 year old brother, who actually is her son, living with her old parents in another town or the current husband holidaying with her 2nd daughter / 3rd child from her 2nd or perhaps 3rd marriage,  in another city ?

The current husband married to this lady for last 13 years thought she had only one failed marriage and never believed the victim when she told him that she was his wife's daughter, not her sister. Similarly, he ignored his own son when he confided in him with the same story. Till date he believed that his wife sent the victim away to USA for higher studies because she did not approve her relationship with his son.

Howzzzzthat!

And PSD thinks I have all the time in this world for Sw00000p ! Poof !!
or the writers for making such an insane script ? w00t

repeat after me:  Un chasseur sachant chasser chasse sans son chien.

planetstardragon (8/28/2015)
or the writers for making such an insane script ? w00t

repeat after me:  Un chasseur sachant chasser chasse sans son chien.

Search "Sheena murder mystery" on Google
By mark - 9 Years Ago
WOW! What a story!
Looks like it would make a great iClone who-done-it!!! It's just that no one would believe it...but looks like it's true!!! WOW!
By Rampa - 9 Years Ago
I'm replacing a bike rear-rack, and am looking at this one. Look closely at the label. Wink

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ea7879e4-08ef-46b8-9fa2-0853.jpg
rampa (8/31/2015)
I'm replacing a bike rear-rack...

Does that count as a job promotion? Whistling
I think he means this http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=IC420D055ENU0106C001

how do you make holy water ?  Boil the hell out of it!!  -drum roll crash- w00t

or ...
There once was a fellow McSweeny
Who spilled some gin on his  ......wait ...i think this one may need a re-write ^.^

http://jokewiththepope.org/xsbbczg
seriously,  someone has to make a spoof of this .....do it with minecraft characters -  bwaahahahahaha!! w00t

TV Anchor Mistakes video game "Apache Air Assault" for Russian Airstrikes
http://www.gameskinny.com/jtmf8/tv-anchor-mistakes-video-game-apache-air-assault-for-russian-airstrikes

By leshenderson - 9 Years Ago
Sorry, not totally familiar with forum locations. I figured a Kickstarter plug would be safest here if not already mentioned elsewhere.
Anyway, I've seen how iClone can work with Hitfilm and this effects package can work with both so it seems relevant.
Here's the link and info.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rodypolis/actionvfx-explosion-and-fire-effects-for-your-movi#
leshenderson (10/23/2015)
Sorry, not totally familiar with forum locations. I figured a Kickstarter plug would be safest here if not already mentioned elsewhere.
Anyway, I've seen how iClone can work with Hitfilm and this effects package can work with both so it seems relevant.
Here's the link and info.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rodypolis/actionvfx-explosion-and-fire-effects-for-your-movi#

You could also start your own topic under Reallusion/General. That would be OK I think and make this more visible.

I have HitFilm so this may be something to consider if I can find the money (a bit tight at the moment).
By Tarampa Studios - 8 Years Ago
Hi PSD, not sure if you're still using this terrific old thread coz I've switched from forums to facebook groups, which are a bit easier for me to keep up with, but I saw this and thought of you...
a beautiful blend of art and music.... 

By jgrant - 8 Years Ago
Loved this piece. An excellent inspirational idea and Work Flow. Thanks for this.
By planetstardragon - 8 Years Ago
wow,  thank you so much for thinking of me and sharing that video,   it is stunning!!   So simple, elegant, rich with story without saying a word!!  you know my taste!! BigGrin
By Tarampa Studios - 8 Years Ago
Have you seen this one yet?
Definitely another one for the Archives of Anything Amazing... 

So hypnotic.... and the music is perfect for it.

I'd love to do something like this with little critters leaping about on the strings in accordance with each musical note,
but alas, I can't read sheet music, but perhaps in the hands of someone who does...? 
*wink*