iClone 6.03 Update - Now Available

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic234974.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 9 Years Ago
iClone 6.03 - Now Available

v6.03 (6.03.1622.1) released 29th April-15

Kinect Mocap Plug-in is back for iClone 6! New online content search, Indigo Preset 2.0, transform to path, and many other enhancements.

You can update from your Member Account under "Patch/Bonus" or by clicking "Help > Check For Upgrade" from within iClone 6. Alternatively you can use LiveUpdate.

Please Note: You will need to be using iClone 6.02 to update to version 6.03. If you are using iClone 6.0 or 6.01, please update to iClone 6.02 first.

1) Added & Enhanced

iClone

• Added Device Mocap, supporting Kinect for Windows and Xbox 360 Kinect. Know More
  • Added online content search in Content Manager - both for Content Store and Marketplace. Forum
  • Allow load more 20K polygon object to do the Physice Cloth simulation.
  • Always runs in high performance mode for nVidia and AMD cards, and for notebooks with Independent GPU.

Indigo Plug-in

• Enhanced color selection, use color picking instead of RGB sliders. Forum
  • Added Foreground Alpha option under Tracing Method for users to save transparent PNG output. Forum
  • Added "Phong - NK Data" preset.
  • Added V.2 Specular preset settings: Transparent, Arch Glass and Single Face settings. Forum
  • Added V.2 Specular Preset: added gain value to adjust color tint level, pass diffuse color to Medium Absorption for crystal clear color tint. Forum
  • Added V.2 Glossy Transparent Preset: added gain value to adjust color strength, pass diffuse color to Medium Absorption.
  • Added embed .igm function for better content portability and easier project sharing.
  • Added Indigo Plug-in online manual.

2) Fixed

Resumed:

• Resumed Convert Transformation Keys to Path for smoother path-constraint animation control.

Motion & Object Setting Related Defects:

• Fixed: When using Motion Puppet to record a motion clip, if the clip length reaches to the next clip, motion would not record.
  • Fixed: Character constraint to a path, it moved up while using Direct Puppet.
  • Fixed: When character Transform track contains a keyframe, the character will move if the last frame has a Direct Puppet recording.
  • Fixed: Convert Position to Path does not work.
  • Fixed: Transform gizmos disappear when editing path control points.
  • Fixed: Character Collision Shape saved as .ini Profile doesn't work correctly.
  • Fixed: Pinned soft cloth points will not fall down once pin has been removed.
  • Fixed: Sub-props attached to a larger prop will not be hidden in the Scene manager when converted to Terrain.

Render Related Defects:

• Fixed: Water does not render the reflection for SpeedTree objects.
  • Fixed: When a 3D scene is applied and water is in the scene, adding a SpeedTree will cause the terrain reflection on the water to disappear.
  • Fixed: Mini Viewport opened would cause tree disappearance in Indigo rendering.
  • Fixed: Certain LOD preference levels will cause billboards to disappear in Indigo renders.
  • Fixed: Cancelling 3D stereo video rendering will show export as successful, but only the audio will export successfully.
  • Fixed: Pixel aspect ratio of video export not correct when exporting 3D stereo video.

Forgotten Settings Defects:

• Fixed: Final Render setting will disable LOD settings, but the checkbox will still be selected in the Preference menu.
  • Fixed: Input any value for Post Effect Parameter and the value will revert to 0.
  • Fixed: In Particle Key, click another key and the value of the previous key will be forgotten.
  • Fixed: Quality of render settings in the Preference menu will not be remembered upon application re-launch.

Other Defects:

• Fixed: Right mouse dragging a .jpg to generate an image plane will bring up an error message but still generate the plane.
  • Fixed: When a sub-prop is converted to terrain, disabling the bounding mesh will not affect the sub-prop.
  • Fixed: When dragging a physics constraint object into a billboard, the program will crash.
  • Fixed: Perform menu items for iClone 5 character Jimmy Toon will cause an error message.
  • Fixed: Adjusting the right arm proportion of non-standard character Pocket Pet Foxy will cause program crash.
  • Fixed: Fixed GUI defects in Large Font system (4K Monitor with 200% font size).
  • Fixed: Find Relevant not working correctly.
By justaviking - 9 Years Ago
Yay!

Not a lot in the list that directly pertains to what I've been doing, but I still want to take a moment to say "THANK YOU" to the hardworking Reallusion team.

By wires - 9 Years Ago
Seems as if a lot of time and energy has been invested to turn iClone into a pretty picture making app, as opposed to an animation tool. w00t Crazy
By RobertoColombo - 9 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

I am a bit confused about the Indigo preset.

You mentioned about "Indigo Preset 2.0"... but when I go in my account to "Registration, Patch and Bonus" -> "iClone Render Plug-in for Indigo" -> "Patch/Bonus", I see:

Currently release version: v1.03.1622
Size: 31.6 MB (2015/04/29 Update)

The date semmes correct but the versoin is old: I would have expected a v.2.0.
Is this just a "typo" ?
Should we install this plug-in ?
What is the right installation order (if any) ? iClone patch first, Indigo plug-in later ?

Thanks for the clarifications
Cheers

Roberto
wires (4/30/2015)
Seems as if a lot of time and energy has been invested to turn iClone into a pretty picture making app, as opposed to an animation tool. w00t Crazy

I see I'm not the only one surprised at the apparent focus of this patch.

I, too, thought it was heavily biased toward the Indigo plug-in, which, while nice, seems more like a fringe rather than a core portion of iClone.

Any patch is always appreciated, but it does make a person question the priorities.

By wires - 9 Years Ago
RobertoColombo (4/30/2015)

What is the right installation order (if any) ? iClone patch first, Indigo plug-in later ?

Hi Roberto,

The Indigo plugin version available for download is the correct one, it looks like RL are trying to keep the last two version digits the same between iClone and the plugin - in this case .03.

The plugin will not install if an earlier version is present on your system, you need to first uninstall the older version. Also note that you will need to go through the whole serial nr. entering thing again when you install. w00t

I don't think that the installation order has been changed, first the iClone patch and then the plugin.

By Emerald Animation (formerly reelcheapfilms) - 9 Years Ago
Would someone please remind me how I uninstall the earlier version of the Indigo plugin? Thanks!
Emerald Animation (formerly reelcheapfilms) (4/30/2015)
Would someone please remind me how I uninstall the earlier version of the Indigo plugin? Thanks!

Go into "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" and you will find it listed. Just choose the Uninstall option from there.

Hi Peter,

You mentioned about "Indigo Preset 2.0"... but when I go in my account to "Registration, Patch and Bonus" -> "iClone Render Plug-in for Indigo" -> "Patch/Bonus", I see:

Currently release version: v1.03.1622
Size: 31.6 MB (2015/04/29 Update)

The date semmes correct but the versoin is old: I would have expected a v.2.0.
Is this just a "typo" ?

Thanks for the clarifications
Cheers

Roberto

The iClone 6.03 update should also have updated your Indigo Plugin to the latest build which remains 1.03. If you run into any problems you can always uninstall the Plugin and then install the latest version from your account.

If you wish to know a bit more about Indigo Presets 2.0, please see the link below.

http://help.reallusion.com/iClone_6_Indigo_Plugin/ENU/Indigo_Plugin/03_Material_Editor/Indigo_V2.htm

By RobertoColombo - 9 Years Ago
Thanks Peter.
I appreciate the prompt answer.
So, from your answer it seems that I do NOT have to install the Indigo plug-in available in my account.
But what about Gerry's answer ?
"The Indigo plugin version available for download is the correct one, it looks like RL are trying to keep the last two version digits the same between iClone and the plugin - in this case .03"

At least to me, Gerry' statement sounds different from your one, Peter.

On my system now I have the Plug-in 1.03, and the iClone Exporter to Indigo 3.8.17.
Note: the Indigo plug-in version shown in iClone completely misses the digits after the 1.03 version, which vice verse are shown in the account (1.03.1622)
Really a bit confusing, Peter.
Some clarification is welcomed Smile

Regards

Roberto
By Emerald Animation (formerly reelcheapfilms) - 9 Years Ago
Go into "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" and you will find it listed. Just choose the Uninstall option from there.

Thanks! But now, to clarify, if my automatic iClone update also updated the plugin (which it appears to have done), I don't need to uninstall the actual Indigo RT program, do I? Or is there an update to Indigo RT that I missed?
By animagic - 9 Years Ago

Thanks! But now, to clarify, if my automatic iClone update also updated the plugin (which it appears to have done), I don't need to uninstall the actual Indigo RT program, do I? Or is there an update to Indigo RT that I missed?

I checked and I have currently v3.8.23, but the Indigo website states 3.8.28. So there is an update. I don't know if we can just download and install.

By hattori kun - 9 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/29/2015)

• Added embed .igm function for better content portability and easier project sharing.

• Thanks for the update. Just installed. Can't find this option in Iclone Indigo.
    Will this address the issue of Iclone exporting out duplicate mesh and textures per frame?
    I exported a scene from IClone to Indigo and its still exporting out duplicates per frame.
    By Dragonskunk - 9 Years Ago
    [b]Peter (RL)
    Youcan update from your Member Account under "Patch/Bonus" or by clicking "Help > Check For Upgrade" from within iClone 6. Alternatively you can use LiveUpdate.

How can I update from my member account if I'm not a member? Purchased iClone from daz.com
    Help in iClone has no "Check for Upgrade"
    I only have "Check for Update" and it just send me to http://www.reallusion.com/

Help please.

By planetstardragon - 9 Years Ago

@Dragonskunk, you should be able to manually enter your registration to your account to gain access to the updates. click on "my account" then "Registration patch and bonus" - from there you will see a field to add your registration number, add it. Once you do that you should be linked and able to access any pertinent files.
    By theschemer - 9 Years Ago
    animagic (5/1/2015)

I checked and I have currently v3.8.23, but the Indigo website states 3.8.28. So there is an update. I don't know if we can just download and install.

I checked the site and it shows v3.8.26 (not 3.8.28) but I too am wanting to know if we are supposed to install it, and whether we need to uninstall the current version of Indigo RT or just install it over it?
    Thanks,
    ts

edit: typo (as usual) Tongue
    By Dragonskunk - 9 Years Ago
    planetstardragon (5/2/2015)

@Dragonskunk, you should be able to manually enter your registration to your account to gain access to the updates. click on "my account" then "Registration patch and bonus" - from there you will see a field to add your registration number, add it. Once you do that you should be linked and able to access any pertinent files.

Thanks!
    By wires - 9 Years Ago
    theschemer (5/2/2015)

I checked the site and it shows v3.8.26 (not 3.8.28) but I too am wanting to know if we are supposed to install it, and whether we need to uninstall the current version of Indigo RT or just install it over it?
    Thanks,
    ts

The Indigo RT update available on the Indigo download site can only be applied if you are using a version purchased directly from Glare Tech. Installing this version over the one purchased from RL will only run in demo mode with size restrictions and watermarks.

The plugin for iClone to Indigo is only available from RL, but works with Indigo, Indigo RT and the restricted Indigo RT version sold by Reallusion.

On my system now I have the Plug-in 1.03, and the iClone Exporter to Indigo 3.8.17.
    Note: the Indigo plug-in version shown in iClone completely misses the digits after the 1.03 version, which vice verse are shown in the account (1.03.1622)
    Really a bit confusing, Peter.
    Some clarification is welcomed Smile

Regards

Roberto

Sorry but I'm not understanding what needs clarifying. Unsure

If you have updated iClone to version 6.03 then your Indigo Plugin has been updated as well and you should be good to go. Nothing more to do. The latest build of the Indigo Plugin is 1.03.1622.

The latest version of "Indigo RT For iClone" is version 3.8.23. You can get this from your Member Account if you need it under "Order History".

The latest version of "Indigo RT For iClone" is version 3.8.23. You can check which version you have by going to "Help > About" in Indigo RT or press F1.

You can get the latest version from your Member Account at any time under "Order History". Smile

animagic (5/1/2015)
    [quote][b]

If you purchased our version "Indigo RT For iClone" then you should not install the version from Glare Technologies as this will put you back in trial mode. The latest version of "Indigo RT For iClone" is v3.8.23.

By theschemer - 9 Years Ago
    wires (5/3/2015)
    theschemer (5/2/2015)

Thanks,
    ts

The Indigo RT update available on the Indigo download site can only be applied if you are using a version purchased directly from Glare Tech. Installing this version over the one purchased from RL will only run in demo mode with size restrictions and watermarks.

The plugin for iClone to Indigo is only available from RL, but works with Indigo, Indigo RT and the restricted Indigo RT version sold by Reallusion.

Thanks Gerry. Smile

By erisku - 9 Years Ago
    Hi Guys

I am really having a difficult time working with Iclone in my laptop. Even with 6.03.

My laptop is HP envy dv6 with 8 GB ram SSD 180 GB INtel and Graphic is Nvidia Geforce GT 630M driver version 347.52. in Windows 8.1 64bit.

Iclone installed without a problem but when working I cannot work more than a few minutes and I get a crash.  There are crashes when I import characters, when animating on path. or just animating. 

I have tried to work with no scene at all just the characters but I still get the crashes. My characters are based on Jimmy toon.

I have tried updating driver for 630M but no changes.

Really need some help here.

Thanks.

By abla.us - 9 Years Ago
    imported image show/hide button not active THIS IS AN ICLONE 6 QUESTION:

In crazy talk animator, when i import an images I'm given three options 1. prop 2. image layer 3. background

for import images using prop and image layer option the show/hide button appears. At any point in time i can hit the button and the image at that point stops being visible for the rest of the movie if i wish.

I want to change my english labratory from microsoft agent scripting helper. The labratory is changing the image layer/prop about every 20 seconds.

FOR IMPORTED IMAGES inclone 6 does not allow for prop or image layer option AND THE SHOW/HIDE OPTION IS NOT ACTIVE.

What don't i understand. How can i show/hide imported images at a desired point in the movie?

i take great pride in solving these kind of problems on my own, but after 2 weeks of trying i haven't found the answer.

Dr. Pauk Gene McCoy
    By abla.us - 9 Years Ago
    Imported image show/hide button not active THIS IS AN ICLONE 6 QUESTION:

In crazy talk animator, when i import an images I'm given three options 1. prop 2. image layer 3. background

for import images using prop and image layer option the show/hide button appears. At any point in time i can hit the button and the image at that point stops being visible for the rest of the movie if i wish.

I want to change my english labratory from microsoft agent scripting helper. The labratory is changing the image layer/prop about every 20 seconds.

FOR IMPORTED IMAGES inclone 6 does not allow for prop or image layer option AND THE SHOW/HIDE OPTION IS NOT ACTIVE.

What don't i understand. How can i show/hide imported images at a desired point in the movie?

i take great pride in solving these kind of problems on my own, but after 2 weeks of trying i haven't found the answer.

Dr. Paul Gene McCoy
    By wires - 9 Years Ago

You can Drag & Drop an image into an iClone scene by using the right mouse button. As soon as you have the image in the scene, release the mouse button and select Plane from the options window that opens. You can not scale, rotate, move and hide/unhide the image at any point in your scene that you want. Cool
    The other method is to apply the image as a diffuse to a plane.

By DELETED2 - 9 Years Ago
    justaviking (4/30/2015)
    wires (4/30/2015)
    ...//... Seems as if a lot of time and energy has been invested to turn iClone into a pretty picture making app, as opposed to an animation tool...//...

I see I'm not the only one surprised at the apparent focus of this patch.

Hmmm... I disagree... (Nothing new there, eh? )
    If, by mnisfocussed analysis or otherwise, iClone HAS been deemed (finally) a commercial engineers "Stills Engine" (Which, incidentally, makes as much £$£$ as animation and commercials) I say "Thankyou Reallusion" because, unless we've also forgotten, a multimillion dollar arena exists in COMICS and the Japanese and Chinese are MASTERS of this Island.

So... to throw derogatives into the harmonies which imply progressive inferiority directives on REALLUSION's part denotes inabilities to identify the looming potentials of iClone FULL STOP.
    It would be nice to think that such Genius as Wires, JAVking and similar Founder Members (and Genius operatives they are) could see ALL avenues of iCLone instead of continually implying that iClone should be some kind of Gateway to slewing Avatars from Daz to Poser through iClone and 3DXchange.

For ME.... the indigo improvements work.
    For everyone I think the degree of repairs and enhancements current in the latest patch are a Medal of Honour for the Reallusion Crew.  My faith had diminished in them considerably with the prefixation of indigo when all I could see was Animation as Animation as animation regardless of how real/unreal/real it appeared.

In other words... I've never been unimpressed with iClone; I dont mind the style of animation... i have NEVER felt that I dont animate simply because I dont use the same engines Spielberg does OR felt that anything I render is less than "incredible" in its true sense.

I think its time for iClone Founder users to step back a little and "re-perspectivise"; re view/re SEE iClone as IS instead of continually sitting on this throne of INSECURITIES because it doesnt render as Disney would output.

Have we forgotten that the success of an Animation is it's storyline.
    Have we overlooked the fact that MONSTERS INC. , no matter HOW you render it, will ALWAYS have Monsters in it that DONT, and NEVER WILL, look REAL.

Hats off to Reallusion for the latest patch. Thats a stonk load of work.
    If iClone doesn't QUITE do what I wish of it, I'll work round its ways to make what DOES work benefit ME.

simple! Because I am an Animtor.

Armstrong.

Now then ....... About the inclusion of HTML in POSTS and a CODE or SCRIPT button to enable it......... Smile
    Come on.... you KNOW you love me really. Blush

By animagic - 9 Years Ago
    wires (5/8/2015)

You can Drag & Drop an image into an iClone scene by using the right mouse button. As soon as you have the image in the scene, release the mouse button and select Plane from the options window that opens. You can not scale, rotate, move and hide/unhide the image at any point in your scene that you want. Cool

Gerry, do you mean: "You can scale, rotate, move..."?
    But the point is indeed that an image in iClone would always live as a texture on a plane, which gives you various transformation options. In addition, you can use the Visibility track to show/hide the plane and thus the image.
    By wires - 9 Years Ago
    animagic (5/9/2015)
    wires (5/8/2015)

Gerry, do you mean: "You can scale, rotate, move..."?
    But the point is indeed that an image in iClone would always live as a texture on a plane, which gives you various transformation options. In addition, you can use the Visibility track to show/hide the plane and thus the image.

Thanks' for catching that one Job. Smile
    The text should have been "You can now scale...." Blush

By tahatv2001 - 9 Years Ago
    Why are not addressing the problem of the reflection of the mirror ؟
    tahatv2001 (5/12/2015)
    Why are not addressing the problem of the reflection of the mirror ؟

Maybe because they were busy improving the Indigo plug-in???? Tongue
    (No hate. Just a friendly poke in the ribs.)

Referring back to prior conversation, I'm not saying the plug-in should be ignored, I simply would have preferred more tangible progress on some other areas first, such a mirror/reflections.

But I *do* trust they're working on those things, and it's simply that they weren't ready for inclusion in *this* patch release. I hope my trust is justified.
    By DELETED2 - 9 Years Ago
    justaviking (5/12/2015)
    ...//...Maybe because they were busy improving the Indigo plug-in????   

Are there implicatives here  that refer to an Indigo that can render LARGE set content quicker than  the span of a human life?? Because it still cant cope with what I send through it.

Armstrong (5/12/2015)
    justaviking (5/12/2015)
    ...//...Maybe because they were busy improving the Indigo plug-in????   

Are there implicatives here  that refer to an Indigo that can render LARGE set content quicker than  the span of a human life?? Because it still cant cope with what I send through it.

A couple of us (maybe only two of us) were surprised at the number of "Enhanced" and "Added" features listed for the Indigo plug-in.  (See first post in this thread.)

It wasn't a big deal; only a minor comment on a minor observation.  I suppose it's natural that the new feature would also tend to get a lot of fixes/additions, just because it's new.  I think it might have jumped out at me because they were listed near the top of the list.  Also, none of the fixes *I* was personally hoping for were included in this patch..  I wasn't angry or bitter, just a bit surprised to see what wasn't included in 6.03.

The 6.1 updated seemed to be getting farther away, rather than closer.  With non-infinite resources, you have to pick and choose where you spend your resources.  Meanwhile, we're still waiting for proper G6 avatar editing capability, PBR shader (?), better reflections, curve editor, 3DXchange 6, and on and on.  The question "why not fixing reflections" simply brought the topic back into my mind.

No big deal.  All is fine.  I'm at peace.  That's why I did my best to make it clear it was a friendly jab, between buddies.

My main issue now is hoping to have some "quiet time" with my computer.  I still need to update my system from 6.02 to 6.03.
    By hattori kun - 9 Years Ago
    I think this has been mentioned.
    IC 6.03
    Items getting listed multiple times in the scene editor that are not in the scene at all. Happens during undo and some random occasion.
    Very critical bug and should be squashed asap.
    By rab_63 - 8 Years Ago

I just purchased this program last week.  It gave me 6.3 to start.  Does that mean I need to delete and redown?  

This was a response that seems not to have been attached to the original post about needing to download 6.2 first, then download 6.3.