How do you save characters, props etc. in Iclone6?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic222426.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By MasterMikeDa1 - 9 Years Ago
Hello all,
I like to prepare and modify my characters, props and other items as needed for my scenes ahead of time and save them to the appropriate custom content folders. Which was as easy as right clicking on the character or item and add it to the library in Iclone 5. Well, that option is not in the menu of Iclone 6! I could not find the option anywhere on the interface. No mention of how to go about it in the manual. So I'm asking here if anyone knows where the options have moved to. Or have we lost that option? (Hope not) I'm only trying to save the individual characters and items, not a whole project. Thanks.

Mike
By wires - 9 Years Ago
Everything is still available for saving custom items - it's just been moved around a bit.

Select the asset that you want to save in the main window. Open the "Content" tab and then select the sub-menu - in the screen grab below Set>Props>Custom has been selected. If needed make a new folder for the content.

With a folder opened to save the item in just click on the + sign at the bottom to add your asset - once added you can name it.

I thought it might be hidden in there somewhere. Thanks a lot Gary, I'll give that a try.

Mike
Sorry about that. (Calling you Gary) Thanks Gerry.

Mike
By 3Aliens - 5 Years Ago
Hi! I tried that, but it only works wirth Objects for me. Not with a Character
By gordryd - 5 Years Ago
Click on the 'head' icon under content to save Characters