CTA2 How do I create a video with a series of different scenes

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic193730.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By darrenwag - 10 Years Ago
I am a complete novice to CTA2. I have CTA2 Pipeline (latest version) (as at 5Aug2014) ...

I am making a video with a series of 10 different scenes (10 different backgorunds) with animated props.

I have read through the PDF and watched the videos - but they all seem to assume I understand how to create a scene and series them together.

I may of overlooked this but the basic information seems to be missing - as it all seems to focus on what can be done with characters.

My needs are basic.

I am trying to create a video with a series of scenes - 10 in total... each around 3 seconds long.

I can't find out how to create the next scene that has a different background at the 4th second.

When I change the background it changes the background to the first 3 seconds also.

I may of missed obvious information that would inform me on how to do this... but I have watch almost 2 hours of video and gone through the 700 page PDF and nothing seems to tell me what to do.

Can someone help?

Thanks
By Peter (RL) - 10 Years Ago
Hi..

Most users will normally work with CTA2 in the same way as real world movie makers. That is you build up your movie as a series of scenes, with each scene being saved as a separate project.

So using your example you would create 10 different projects, all with their own particular backgrounds, props and characters. Then once your movie is completed, you would render the 10 projects to video and then finally edit them all together in a video editor.

By darrenwag - 10 Years Ago
Hi Peter...

Thanks... that makes sense...

So I use CTA2 to make individual scenes only and then use different software to splice the scenes together and add the appropriate music and voice over.

That makes sense as to why I can't find the functionality in CTA2.

So do people usually use CTA2 just for long scenes... because adding music needs to belnd from one scene to the next... so in my circumstances would you suggest I make it all silent in CTA2 and add sound, music and voice-over in another software program?

Thanks for your prompt response to my original post (I'm impressed) - much appreciated.
By jlittle - 10 Years Ago
darrenwag (8/5/2014)
So do people usually use CTA2 just for long scenes... because adding music needs to blend from one scene to the next... so in my circumstances would you suggest I make it all silent in CTA2 and add sound, music and voice-over in another software program?

For the best control over the sound mixing one would have all the sounds in the movie editor.

Of course, any music or voice-over spanning scenes would have to be in the movie editor.

What you do need to have in your project is any actor(s) speech so that the actors mouth can sync to the speech.
But that does not mean that you can't also have the same speech in the movie editor for final mixing control and then just mute the original.

You would put sounds and sound effects in your project so that you can perfect any timing of the actors and action to the sound as needed.

You can leave the sounds in your clip and adjust in the movie editor as long as the various sounds do not overlap. Otherwise use the movie editor to mix in the sounds.

It comes down to what works best for you and your production path.

Jeff

By robert_madrid - 3 Years Ago

CTA2 Street Movie: https://youtu.be/VAHdLg73Gbo